Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222521 times)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #390 on: February 26, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »
But it was fun to watch them build up a level 3 sentry and then have it explode the moment the match started!

I built and upgraded there, then grabbed the turret and took off for the other gate. Quick set-up right alongside that full-ammo pick-up? Yes please! Drop lvl 3 Sentry there, start building the dispenser, be ready to go from the side. Only thing is... attacking team, Engy building... in front of the base? :V herpderp. 

RE: uncrating

I have never gotten a key to uncrate anything with ever
except maybe once if I've forgotten, in which case I'm pretty sure it was one of the low-teen boxes because I've only gotten like the one strange Flamethrower, and that was via a trade... I probably got a Razorback or something from the crate if I opened one

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #391 on: February 26, 2012, 10:54:29 AM »
Gravel Pit is actually pretty awesome because it can be difficult to defend until time runs out because of all the entry points into each section. It keeps things from getting stale for too long.

Of course, in the case of pubs, it's either a steamroll or losing at B.

btw does anybody have a Strange Revolver they're looking to get rid of?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:56:14 AM by N-Forza »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #392 on: February 26, 2012, 03:13:02 PM »
I like Gravel Pit, myself, for offering many options of attack, but usually pubs fail hard at this map. Same for Steel except more camp-friendly.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »
I personally like gravelpit, partially due to it being so scout-friendly, but mostly because if you manage to get two well-balanced teams, the matches get extremely fun. If you however get a team that, for example, decides to defend A instead of B, I can understand the frustration in that.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2012, 04:45:33 AM »
Gravelpit isn't a bad map, but I typically dislike it. It can get some decently long matches going, but if you're on the losing side of a short match... it just tends to feel so crappy (does on any map but losing this one stands out). As for defending A over B it can be done but you're team needs to be alot more steeled then when chosing A over B (and by that I mean making sure snipers, sollys, demos, spys, and ubers don't take out engi placements vital to keeping the point).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2012, 05:54:56 AM »
Has anyone else been having issues with crashing to desktop a lot lately? I'm starting to think that it might not just be my luck screwing me over here.  :V

As for Gravelpit, I think it's actually a fairly fun map so long as the teams are decently balanced. Then again, that pretty much goes for every map, but I still like the whole two-front battlefield setup. Gives me plenty of ambush and escape routes to utilize, especially when on defense. I've single-handedly broken pushes like that by flanking from behind and delivering some axe goodness. Those narrow rooms are a blessing when it comes to those situations.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2012, 07:24:02 AM »
Has anyone else been having issues with crashing to desktop a lot lately? I'm starting to think that it might not just be my luck screwing me over here.  :V
Most definitely yes. It happens to me very often and it is quite maddening. My crashes always seem to be at crucial moments or when I'm doing exceptionally well.

Not to sound rude, but I'm kinda glad that it is happening to others. I don't feel so unlucky now.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #397 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
Count me in with the crashing, but I don't get it terribly often.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #398 on: March 07, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
It used to be crashing a lot before, now not as frequently actually.

I'm still pissed at replays always never working when I have a huge killstreak though.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »
I'm still pissed at replays always never working when I have a huge killstreak though.
*cough record a demo (works on every server ever) and then use the Lawena recording tool to make a video cough*

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #400 on: March 07, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
Most definitely yes. It happens to me very often and it is quite maddening. My crashes always seem to be at crucial moments or when I'm doing exceptionally well.

Not to sound rude, but I'm kinda glad that it is happening to others. I don't feel so unlucky now.
Same here. :V I suspected that I wasn't the only one based on in-game chatter, but I wasn't absolutely sure.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2012, 12:05:25 AM »
+1 for Crashing, I would say it happens fairly randomly.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2012, 12:12:21 AM »

Reason I've stopped playing for so long

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2012, 01:57:40 AM »
TF2 practically never crashes while I'm playing1, but sometimes I notice that a large number of players on a server will time out simultaneously (likely crashes).  When that happens I might crash in a few hours.  It happens maybe once every week or two.

1: For some bizarre reason TF2 always crashes when I quit after a long session (3+ hours), but this always happens after I'm already at the desktop...if Windows didn't tell me that hl2.exe crashed I would never know.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #404 on: March 08, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »
Same here. Though for the last few days, I've been experiencing near crashes, where the game will freeze up exactly like a crash, then some moments later, be just fine.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
Hey guys, how valuable is a S. SMG? Since it's pretty useful with the Sidney Sleeper, I've been thinking about getting my hands on one  :V
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »
Strange SMG's are going for about 2 Reclaimed, last time I checked. Not a bad price nowadays.

Dear Valve,
Please smite all of the retards that decided to inflate the asking price for the Strange Festive Scattergun to 16 keys.

Ah well. Looks like the dumbass Scout isn't getting his Festive gun after all. :V
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:42:32 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
Strange SMG's are going for about 2 Reclaimed, last time I checked. Not a bad price nowadays.

Dear Valve,
Please smite all of the retards that decided to inflate the asking price for the Strange Festive Scattergun to 16 keys.

Ah well. Looks like the dumbass Scout isn't getting his Festive gun after all. :V

wtf 16 keys holy shit that only goes for 5 keys at most

wtf wtf

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »
Unfortunately, it has been 15+ for a couple weeks now. You'll occasionally see one for less, or even at its original asking price (7-8 keys), but that will get snatched up almost instantly. I think one guy flooded the trade page with the same trade asking for that insane price, and now everyone seems to accept it as the norm. Then again, it is March, and those weapons are getting rather scarce.. 'tis a shame.

« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
then my s.f. sticky launcher should go for the same fucking price then if it's like that.

god that's too much inflation

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
You might get 3~7 keys for the SF Sticky, depending on the aptitude (read: gullibility :V) of your customer. For some reason, Scout stuff is always much more expensive..

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
WELP I got some name tags from TF2WH (and some metal and a strange piss rifle)

I am fully aware that my Degreaser is named after one of Mokou's spellcards but the flare gun and axtinguisher are named after Utsuho's stuff.

And the "green stranges" are an unintended side effect of the custom HUD I use.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »
Still looking for 2 L'etranger's, never got a drop of them...at all :(

And I don't want to spend the rest of the money I have in my account in them, neither do I want to waste metal for them (need them to make metal for hats to "buy" them with :V). Anyone got any spare of them?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »
The other day, someone on a server asked for crates.  So I traded him.

I ended up giving him 16 crates.

He gave me a Strange Brass Beast and a Strange Revolver.

I was all "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT" and tried to talk him out of it but he was all "nah I got spares it's cool" and I was all "BUT WHAAAAAT"

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2012, 03:56:12 PM »
Oh man a strange revolver I'd love one. I MIGHT give my Strange Amby for it.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »
Waaaaaahh, someone sold a crate #30 in tf2wh for dem 500 credits. Slow internet didn't let me reserve it before someone else  :(
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »
Hey guys, how valuable is a S. SMG? Since it's pretty useful with the Sidney Sleeper, I've been thinking about getting my hands on one  :V

You can take mine for 1 rec. I don't find myself scoring many kills with it (as I usually spend most of my time blasting heads with my Reisen rifle (I paid so much for it, but I just love it).
I also sold my s. gunslinger recently since I don't combat engie very often. Got meself a Sanae-themed rocket launcher to match my Reimu one and a gen. conch to go with it (I'm going to name it the Portable Moriya Shrine), and I'm saving the rest of the metal (and possibly my s. minigun) for whenever they release the tomislav and/or a rainy day.

Also, I hate people who are all like "spreadsheet prices hurr hurr." The spreadsheet is a good site for getting a sense of the prices, but they are not in the least absolute. It irritates me that people don't seem to understand that, continuing to try to sell their stuff at inflated prices.

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
While everyone's on the topic of Stranges, I have a S. Overdose now if anyone's looking. And in other Strange news, I finally brought my axe up to 1000 kills the other night. Not bad, considering the timeframe that I did it in. :toot:

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »
I'll take that. What are you looking for it? I have a Strange Knife and metal.

« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
Naturally, Forza gets first dibs, but if you guys don't strike a deal, I'd like to offer my spare Strange Reserve Shooter. I think Exuro uses that, yes?

I also have other crap on my first four pages that are up for sale/debate/perusal.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:50:44 PM by Dr.Strafe »