Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222521 times)

Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2012, 03:39:40 AM »
I'm not too keen to the wall jump ideas there. Pyro can Detonator Jump already.. However, it would be fun to airblast any incoming rolling Pyros away. It would be like an incredibly deadly game of pinball. :V

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2012, 01:47:33 AM »
This is either a very good RED spy, or a terrible BLU team. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Definitely a terrible BLU team.  If he was using YER and working his way forward that would be more plausible, but even then the team should be watching their backs.

Also, the cart doesn't move any faster after 3 people are pushing so they shouldn't have been clumped up like that.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2012, 03:28:08 AM »
Just when I thought I was done buying stuff, they release a boss new Scout misc. Welp.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:16 AM »

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
......... FUCK
More space items on the way.

I predict the scout set will win because scouts kill people and medic don't kill people so scoots r more better useful dan medix
(aka the "doesn't matter; got kills" mentality of most F2Pers/CoDkids)

I also predict that they will be incredibly broken and overpowered weapons. Because there hasn't been a space set with no OP items yet.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2012, 01:02:28 PM »
I'm hoping for both, actually :X

« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »
I'm hoping both sets make it. It would be cool to have every class with a Dr.Grordbort's set. But if only one set wins, then I hope it will be Medic.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
I'm hoping both wins, I don't mind either. But giving Scout a rocket? FFFFFFF

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »
Personally I want more medic stuff. Also I will laugh if the scout gets to use the rocket as a slot weapon. Press mouse 2 to jump up and fire the rocket to fly in the opposite direction from where you are looking (lighting any poor SoB in front of you on fire)! It's only slightly more laughable then the idea of pyrolls (which also sounds like a delicious pastry)!
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
[attach=1]
Why am I not understanding this?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »
Why am I not understanding this?
Health packs? Even then, that's a rather low number :V

Barrakketh

« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »
Mad Milk.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

N-Forza

« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2012, 10:50:18 AM »
Either that or the Concheror.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2012, 01:15:03 PM »
Definitely Mad Milk or Conch, assuming legitimate means here.

As for Grordbort items, seeing a set for every class would be nice. Not like the game could be more broken anyway :derp:

Also I will laugh if the scout gets to use the rocket as a slot weapon. Press mouse 2 to jump up and fire the rocket to fly in the opposite direction from where you are looking (lighting any poor SoB in front of you on fire)!
And then Scouts will be singing Rocket Man and Sky High, especially if they use FaN + Atomizer to quad-jump and then activate this rocket. (that's very unlikely though)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:17:03 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
And then Scouts will be singing Rocket Man and Sky High, especially if they use FaN + Atomizer to quad-jump and then activate this rocket. (that's very unlikely though)
You forgot The Scout's Character Theme

EDIT

Watched Communities versus Pro tonight. Great show.
  • Pros dominated on Badlands (DUH)
  • Community managed to hold some ground on Steel, even though they ultimately lost
  • and then Foundry ended up 3-2 for Pros

Harbleu from Classic Mixup (pros) had some awesome Ubersaw play, including a 4-hit run + taunt + escape on badlands.
Uro Uro Blue (communities) did some great spying on Foundry, even though he didn't really stand out on other maps.

Glad I stayed on the stream until the end. eXtelevision premiered this from the TF2Jump community. Truly mind-blowing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:05:49 AM by Gamecubic »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2012, 06:50:55 AM »
Glad I stayed on the stream until the end. eXtelevision premiered this from the TF2Jump community. Truly mind-blowing.
OK, that was really cool. Perfect timing everywhere. (lol super speed flying demo)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2012, 07:02:02 AM »

Badass bookworms

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
To any of the medic players that goes on here. How do you feel about Pomson?

« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »
As an Engineer, I fuckin' love it. My preferred primary gun on my main Engie. >:D
As a Medic, I don't see it as too much of a threat. Yeah, it drains 10% of Uber or so, but as long as you're attentive, you can dodge the shots quite easily.
As a Spy, the Pomson can completely shut you down. Shady and I did some field testing with it and the various cloaking watches. If you have any of the watches engaged and the Pomson shot hits you, you damn near lose the entire cloak gauge. If a Spy does a DR feign on one of those shots, they will reappear almost instantly. However, if your cloak isn't engaged, you only lose a slight amount if a shot hits you.

And as always, the random crits hurt A LOT.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:49 PM »
I do get hit by Pomson here and there, but unless I'm at >80% it's not a major setback. I don't see many Engies using that directly in combat anyway. I haven't gotten hit by said weapon while cloaked, so can't comment on that.

But as Engie? Definitely a great weapon, but in terms of reliability the shotgun wins out.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2012, 03:44:19 PM »
The Pomson's takeaway isn't that significant to a medic, in my opinion.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
I don't think I've been shot by the pompson much as a medic (don't know if ones ever killed me either). As long as you know it's coming it's pretty easy to dodge (unless you're in melee range, in which case you should rip 25+% ubercharge back out of the engi). As an engi I like using it for medic rushes because the only other counter is a pyros airblast (which almost never do pyros try that -.-'), but it's a trade off for being able to commit the pointblank murder of my widowmaker.
Something to remember, Kyo: Everyone has weapons they hate. For me it's the phlog and almost any kind of rocket. For Alpha it was the gunslinger. I've also seen many people complain about the spycicle, and the enforcer (I think Yukarin or Yuyuko was hating that one yesterday). Every gun is good at killing something, it just sucks when that thing it's good at killing is you.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Barrakketh

« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
As a Spy, the Pomson can completely shut you down. Shady and I did some field testing with it and the various cloaking watches. If you have any of the watches engaged and the Pomson shot hits you, you damn near lose the entire cloak gauge. If a Spy does a DR feign on one of those shots, they will reappear almost instantly. However, if your cloak isn't engaged, you only lose a slight amount if a shot hits you.
This is a bigger deal than you think.  Losing even a little bit of cloak with the DR means that you can't activate it, so getting hit with the Pomson does one of two things:

• Your DR is up and gets activated, you reappear shortly thereafter and most likely die.
  • Your DR wasn't up yet because your health was good and you wanted to travel further, wanted a more believable feign, or there was no one shooting at you yet.  But then you get hit with the Pomson and most likely die since you can't use the DR until your cloak fills again.

« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
This is a bigger deal than you think.  Losing even a little bit of cloak with the DR means that you can't activate it, so getting hit with the Pomson does one of two things:
As a Spy, the Pomson can completely shut you down.
I wasn't discrediting the Pomson's lethality against Spies. I was just noting the significant difference in the Cloak drain. While losing a slight amount of cloak means that you cannot trigger the DR, at least it you don't lose the entire gauge. The recharge is kinda quick.

Barrakketh

« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »
While losing a slight amount of cloak means that you cannot trigger the DR, at least it you don't lose the entire gauge. The recharge is kinda quick.
"Kinda quick" is relative.  Even if you only get hit once, that's 3.2 seconds that the enemy has to kill you before you can activate it.  3.2 seconds is a long damned time in TF2 (think of how many stickies and rockets could be coming your way in that time), and unless you got hit right as you rounded a corner there's a good chance you'll die if you were trying to get through a choke point.

N-Forza

« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:30 AM »
I think the Uber/Cloak damage could be dialed back by about half since it'll almost always hit twice anyway, but otherwise it's all right.

Barrakketh

« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »
I think the Uber/Cloak damage could be dialed back by about half since it'll almost always hit twice anyway, but otherwise it's all right.
The uber/cloak reduction only happens per-shot, it's not based on the number of hits the projectile does.  If you lose 20% of your uber it's because the Engineer fired two shots and both connected.