Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 221318 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 11:04:13 PM »
Who was it that I was gonna trade my Strange Syringe Gun for the Strange Sniper Rifle for?

Also, this just in, the Spycicle is amazing. I love it :V

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 06:24:08 AM »
That was me Gpop :derp:
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 01:06:26 PM »
I got an extra Naughty Crate and this game which I got from the Steam Coal thing, though I'm not sure if I should trade the game for some items or keep it. I'm not really interested in Tower Defense or in this case Tower Offense games, but I kinda like trying new genres. So I might keep it if no one wants it.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 02:35:36 PM »
Oh man, newbies and low skilled players in this game are an endless source of amusement. My friend and I try to rationalize their behaviour, or get into their heads, trying to explain their thoughts. 'Oh hey, why is there an identical heavy right next to the one I'm healing? Oh, why is there only one now? Did he drop his Sascha? Huh, must have been server lag... ignore and continue.' (in case you did not understand, we were a spy disguised as the very same heavy that the newbie medic was healing, then Your Eternal Reward'd said heavy's back yet again. The medic was probably too new to realize what happened and continued to heal us after we 'disappeared' the real heavy). Or 'they must have read or seen somewhere that medic and heavy is a winning combination. Well, I hope we don't discourage them from playing the game as we crush their hopes like that'. 'Ahh, he blew himself up again... Will he make it this time?... (brief pause) That demoman here is simply the Chosen One.' And so on and so forth. One person playing and the other one doing the commentary beats playing cooperatively together, in my humble opinion. Turns my friend's tendency to nerdrage into comedy gold, too.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »
Yesterday, when I was in a payload match, there were four W+M1 pyros on the enemy team. One of them had a Server-Clearing Flamethrower.
:derp:

Hm, I want a strange stickybomb launcher now.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
Yesterday, when I was in a payload match, there were four W+M1 pyros on the enemy team. One of them had a Server-Clearing Flamethrower.
:derp:

:V

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 09:56:34 AM »
During a trade in our meetup, I got a degreaserrrrrrrrrrr! <3 I really like that fast weapon switch. Now all I need is that game breaking-overpowered-ridiculous-uber Phlogistinator. That thing is just pure evil. (and lagtastic, just like the Double Cross map) I still haven't used my Secret Saxton yet.  I will eventually. :V (I didn't forget >_>)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
Phlogistinator doesn't appeal to me because of that lack of an airblaster. Seems like a huge hindrance doesn't it? Especially now that you're vulnerable to rockets now eh?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »
The funny thing is...I just unboxed a Festive Stickybomb Launcher :V

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 04:21:58 AM »
Oh that was one of the best meets I have ever gone into.

The VSH was funny too. GG's to everyone who went in!

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 06:31:25 AM »
Randomizer is gre--

• Spy
  • Ali Baba's Wee Booties
  • Battalion's Backup
  • Pain Train
  • Cloak and Dagger

I hate you, game.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 07:01:24 AM »
Randomizer is gre--

• Spy
  • Ali Baba's Wee Booties
  • Battalion's Backup
  • Pain Train
  • Cloak and Dagger

I hate you, game.
Sniper
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Darwin's Danger Shield
  • Tribalman's Shiv
So random. :derp: Though it is always fun to be a scout with a minigun. And in the case of a spy getting Bonk Energy Drink, it literally takes over part of his arm, and looks kinda funky.
Oh, and a grenade launcher with 190+ ammo is awesome.
TF2 Backpack

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 07:14:50 AM »
Black Box with clip of 1 and no spare ammo is not awesome :derp:
Hope everyone had fun.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 08:05:27 AM »
I experienced first hand that not even Hale's muscles can stop that jerk train  :V

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 09:52:03 AM »
I experienced first hand that not even Hale's muscles can stop that jerk train  :V
It is decided. Yukari is the strongest class most powerful force that mere humans can't compete with. :V
That was my first experience with Saxton Hale too. Have to say it was quite funny when someone couldn't hit that one mini sentry. :getdown:
TF2 Backpack

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »
How about successful minisentry defense on dustbowl? :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »
Black Box with clip of 1 and no spare ammo is not awesome :derp:
That's the Army of One, a custom item that fires a very powerful but slow rocket.

Nope, Yukari wins above all. At least with the Sawmill blades we VSH players joke that Hale is taking a shave.

Have to say it was quite funny when someone couldn't hit that one mini sentry. :getdown:
Indeed. :V

Many Hale players tend to go for sentries first, and mini-sentries are just as annoying here as they are in the main game. So quite a lot of damage can be done with those!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2012, 03:49:22 AM »
So today I had some really fun matches with kyo. Since he had the philog I decided to go medic and it was so awesome cuz he had the crits ready.so once he activated that he eliminated the sentries and people like no big deal.  However I had to leave so we couldn't do it much more =( I look forward to doing it again though ^^ also get a manmelter so you can extinguish me :V
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:50:54 AM by ShadyK »
2lazy2createbettersig

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 03:54:59 AM »
So today I had some really fun matches with kyo. Since he had the philog I decided to go medic and it was so awesome cuz he had the crits ready.so once he activated that he eliminated the sentries and people like no big deal.  However I had to leave so we couldn't do it much more =( I look forward to doing it again though ^^ also get a manmelter so you can extinguish me :V

My Philog came with a great price... T_T

I'll try to get MANMELTER as soon as I can though

I've got a couple of matches done with a medic combo, and I pushed the enemy so far back into their spawn and hold them there for a few seconds. This is a great pubstomp weapon. I've believe that I've got enough experience to post what to do against a certain enemy and how to counter them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:54:44 PM by Kyo Tanaka »

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 03:14:54 AM »
This game is fun I have no idea why I did not try it sooner, if you want too add me my Steam name is the same demonbman, I main Engie/Demoman and will play anything that isn't Heavy or Soldier

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 03:20:20 AM »
but soldier is fun why wont you play soldier

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 03:25:29 AM »
I just don't really like how slow he moves :/ And I'm terrible with the Rocket Launcher I have no idea what it is I just can't hit anything near what I am actually shooting at

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:20 AM »
I just don't really like how slow he moves :/ And I'm terrible with the Rocket Launcher I have no idea what it is I just can't hit anything near what I am actually shooting at

His Equalizer also makes him move faster in case you took very heavy firepower.

Soldier is an easiest class (pyro dont count) to play in the Offense.

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2012, 05:53:40 AM »
I know how easy his, but I just generally don't like using him :/, and The Equalizer to me is really risky to use if your not that good as the soldier in the first place.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2012, 06:09:24 AM »
Have to say it was quite funny when someone couldn't hit that one mini sentry. :getdown:
That was my sentry. Did several thousand points of damage before it blew up  :getdown:
Also whoever told me that my festive crates would turn into normal crates  :derp: they simply were deleted the 1st.
As for randomizer... Heavy: Bazaar Bargain, Darwin Danger Shield, Tribal Shiv. I really wanted a medic to overheal me since I had 325 health with the shield on.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »
Also whoever told me that my festive crates would turn into normal crates  :derp: they simply were deleted the 1st.
Indeed. Sparda gave me one of his crates earlier today, and it seemed to simply vanish. Of course, not before I went and bought another Naughty Key... which is still in my inventory for some reason. :V So much for the festive keys becoming "normal" keys..  Ehh.. I'm sure it will happen later

I main Engie/Demoman and will play anything that isn't Heavy or Soldier
Good to have another member of the crew playing! As far as the classes go, I recommend giving all of them a fair shake before simply writing them off. In the beginning of my TF2 career, I swore that I couldn't "get" the Spy. After quite a bit of playing, he became one of my favorites, as well as the most used class for me by far.

If running speed is your main turn-off, then I advise looking at their strong points instead. Blowing up a group of enemies with a single critical rocket will change your tune..  ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:02:10 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
Good to have another member of the crew playing! As far as the classes go, I recommend giving all of them a fair shake before simply writing them off. In the beginning of my TF2 career, I swore that I couldn't "get" the Spy. After quite a bit of playing, he became one of my favorites, as well as the most used class for me by far.

If running speed is your main turn-off, then I advise looking at their strong points instead. Blowing up a group of enemies with a single critical rocket will change your tune..  ;)

I've given each class a good solid hour of playing, but I guess a hour isn't enough, so I will give them another shot. I guess you only get better with time, and I know what you mean about the spy thing, I was like that with the Demoman, and now he is my second main!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2012, 01:16:16 PM »
One hour is not enough to learn the classes well, I think - at least 6 per class minimum, I say, after getting some of the achievement items to experiement with different gameplay mechanics.

Good to see a new player on board though!

Damn.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
Thank god I used up my last Naughty Key on that Naughty Crate on the 31st :V Got myself a Festive Stickybomb Launcher o/

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »
I just got my hands on a Spycicle and a manmelter!