Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 220877 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Team Fortress 64
« on: December 28, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE NINTENDO 64!

(old thread here)

...so, is there going to be some MotK new-year rocketeering, maybe?  :V

EDIT: the unofficial MotK server, where we do things and kill each other from time to time:

chen.lolmaiden.com:28000
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:20:39 PM by An Awesome Person »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE NINTENDO 64!
you can't handle all these bits

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
Man now I really wanna see a TF2 with low-poly Goldeneye-esque graphics.

...Oh wait TF1 :V

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »
Oh wait TF1 :V
ECCE GRATUM ET OPTATUM VER REDUCIT GAUDIA~

I still have a Naughty Crate up for trade if anyone wants.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »
Hmmm...just played a match after a year long hiatus. I don't remember being that good with scout.

That said, I would like to get all the weapons I missed out on.

If a weapon doesn't show up here, I want it, and I'll willing to give up any non-vintage weapon for them. I may be willing to trade a vintage if I have 3 of them, but my psuedo OCD or whatever it is forbids me from going any higher. I'm open to negotiations though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »
Man now I really wanna see a TF2 with low-poly Goldeneye-esque graphics.

...Oh wait TF1 :V
I want to see TF2 with Slappers mode :V

I decided to play for a bit to get the Gift Grab achievement. Practiced with the Axtinguisher for a bit; not particularly good with it so far.

theshirn

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:19:53 PM »

I decided to play for a bit to get the Gift Grab achievement. Practiced with the Axtinguisher for a bit; not particularly good with it so far.
Throwing knives.  Good times.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
Throwing knives.  Good times.
I was more partial to the Remote mines. Fast detonation in their face. YEAH. But I'll settle for some Paintball mode or even the Gold PP7 :D

theshirn

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
aaaaaaand now I've got the music from the Dam on repeat in my head AGAIN, thanks guys

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 08:50:48 PM »

Axtinguisher benefits more from coming out of the sidelines and flanking people, not supplementing a head-on assault. It's also probably the fastest way for a Pyro to kill a Heavy, so long as you're either agile enough to stay out from in front of him (Heavies only need about a half second at point blank range to slaughter a full-health Pyro, so be wary) or catch him by complete surprise. You can usually take out a Medic with one swipe, depending on how long you left the flamethrower gout on him while you were closing the distance.

Otherwise it's a LOT of fun. Typical weapon to use with it is the Degreaser (duh) but I've seen some people get away with the Backburner or default Flamethrower nonetheless.
Degreaser + Reserve Shooter = Axtinguisher is in your hands before you even think of hitting quickswap :getdown:

theshirn

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
In my experience, puff-and-sting works on everything but a Heavy or overhealed Soldier pretty much all the time.  For a Heavy, you either need to hold the flame on him a moment longer or hit twice with the Axtinguisher, which is dangerous.  Ambushing is key.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
I don't have a Degreaser yet, so I've been attempting to pair it with the Backburner for ambush tactics. Degreaser would be more ideal for puff-and-sting, but right now my current tactics are more along the tactics of "light target, switch and attack if I have time, or retreat if I'm outgunned". I pretty much do everything I can to avoid a direct face-to-face confrontation when playing Pyro.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »
Err I thought this was going into GBA since it has it's own server now

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »
I was thinking the same as well, or at least for the next events we can make another thread regarding server-only events and happenings over at GBA.

That is, once we have confirmation of when we'll be killing each other next :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »
New Years this weekend?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »
Sounds fine with me. Might not be able to make it myself, thanks to holiday and desktop woes.

We should probably make the TF2 server thread as I think another meet on Chinese New Year is a good idea, and we can separate administration issues from general chatter (some questions on plugins for our server that I noted are yet unanswered, for instance).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »
Well I can make the new thread then, we'll try to set up for New Year's then.

EDIT: DONE!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:20:02 PM by Gpop »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 03:34:29 AM »
I should stop playing on foundry, the Medics there don't heal because they are trying to get the classassin achievement.
I also unboxed a Festive Flamethrower and a Strange Your Eternal Reward, if anyone's interested then what Festive or Strange weapon can you offer? But for festive weapons I'm mostly looking for a Festive Minigun.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »
I should stop playing on foundry, the Medics there don't heal because they are trying to get the classassin achievement.
I also unboxed a Festive Flamethrower and a Strange Your Eternal Reward, if anyone's interested then what Festive or Strange weapon can you offer? But for festive weapons I'm mostly looking for a Festive Minigun.
I have a Festive Minigun that you can have.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 04:00:20 AM »
Derp, I meant to say Medigun, they both start with and M and end in gun. But a Minigun is ok too, since it's the second one I want. This is my Steam ID.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 04:43:20 AM »
Quote from: Agent of the BSOD

It was pretty hilarious when they signed in.  :getdown: (think I was the only other person on the server who understood their name) Wonder if they're on MotK, cause I have no idea who this person is. :\

Eh, I sometimes see people with Touhou names on my usual server (last night there was one Yakumo Ran on the other team).  I doubt they were from here.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 05:09:07 AM »
I have a Festive Medigun that I will totally trade for a Strange YER

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 05:15:29 AM »
ECCE GRATUM ET OPTATUM VER REDUCIT GAUDIA~

I still have a Naughty Crate up for trade if anyone wants.

I want that Naughty Crate. Here's my profile.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
I want that Naughty Crate. Here's my profile.
That Strange Festive Sticky Launcher is so shiny, and I main Demoman, but I don't think you'd be willing to trade that away. :qq:
I like that Vintage DR too, but I rarely play Spy and I suck with DR.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

theshirn

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 04:10:45 PM »
Play some more DR Spy then.  I started off ghastly with the thing.  About 10 hours of consistent play and I'm pretty goddamn deadly, and hard as hell to kill.  Use an Enforcer with it for bonus awesome.

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »
That Strange Festive Sticky Launcher is so shiny, and I main Demoman, but I don't think you'd be willing to trade that away. :qq:

That Sticky Launcher is my very first strange, of course I'll be keeping it.

However, if I get a good one from that Naughty crate of yours, I'm going to give it to you.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »
That Sticky Launcher is my very first strange, of course I'll be keeping it.
However, if I get a good one from that Naughty crate of yours, I'm going to give it to you.
Alright, Steam's in my sig. I'll get on later today and give you the crate, and if you don't get anything you like then I guess I'll just take some Spy stuff from ya.

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Alright, Steam's in my sig. I'll get on later today and give you the crate, and if you don't get anything you like then I guess I'll just take some Spy stuff from ya.

Right right. Feel free to do so.

Also, what time is it there?

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 09:29:45 PM »
Right right. Feel free to do so.
Also, what time is it there?
Oh my gosh, so sorry for late reply. Was playing some TDU2.
1:30 in afternoon here. We can trade right now if you want.

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
I'm on the prowl for a Strange Pistol, if anyone one up for trade. I have the following Stanges and Festives up for whomever is interested:

Strange - Black Box, Brass Beast, Fists, Eyelander, Syringe Gun, and Sandman
Festive - Rocket Launcher, Flamethrower, Stickybomb, Wrench, and Sniper Rifle (sorry, I'm keeping that SF Minigun :3)

There is also an assortment of random items on the first two pages that I am willing to part with.