Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 4 - GET DUNKED  (Read 164630 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread 4 - Ryuu Explains Why You're Wrong
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »
xerath, swain is kind of eh atm.

xerath, however, is a beast when played right. that r burst : (

I thought Swain would've gotten a lot more play now that Cleanse removes Ignite, which was his big hard-counter.

I'm pretty sure he's weaker than before but idk for sure

everyone is weak compared to udyr/shyvana/shaco if he gets a gank though

Maokai actually has a very fast jungle still. I'd say that he's actually stronger (compared to other junglers) with the new jungle.

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011, 06:55:38 AM »
durrr

Laned with Rammus on bot. I harrassed and kept Olaf and Fortune low on hp while he kept not attacking any creeps, diving in, start attacking them in their face, and then dying while I was dancing around in the back going wtf get back get back no don't just sit there in their ults. Still was doing okay because the other guys kept having to run back and I started smacking creeps because the Rammus wasn't doing anything.

Then mid game LAG LAG DISCONNECT RECONNECT OH LOOK YOU'RE DEAD MOVE OUT OF BASE DISCONNECT RECONNECT DEAD sit in the base all alone (except with the occasional Rammus "visit"...) and weep. Stupid Rogers limiting our internet because we've went over the monthly bandwidth usage...

We still won though because the other three guys on our team got fed hardcore so it evens out :V

Also lag Sona style: Feel lag coming on, click on base and then start spamming QWEQWEQWE and hope you don't die and that the game will actually register my goddamn button presses.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:57:14 AM by SUIKAMODN »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
Why is there a stupid region lock on this dumb game. I want to kick DrRawr's ass but it is way too much effort to level up my summoner on NA servers separately.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
Anyone with a buff and is squishy/underleveled almost instantly becomes a focus target. As a support champ with a buff you wanna play hella defensively and always be hanging around one of your teammates.

being a support champ with a buff you really want to give your buff to ANYONE ELSE

unless your team comp is like akali/riven/vlad/tristana/[support]

I thought Swain would've gotten a lot more play now that Cleanse removes Ignite, which was his big hard-counter.

hm. maybe. his sustain still got hit pretty hard and makes him less attractive than, say, morgana.

Maokai actually has a very fast jungle still. I'd say that he's actually stronger (compared to other junglers) with the new jungle.

I played with a jungle maokai for the first time since the new jungle today and he actually did clear pretty fast so I guess so.

he was double enemy fiddle's level at one point

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2011, 04:43:13 PM »
I feel like he'd be decent actually.  in other news smurfing can be glorious or alternatively... *HEADDESK*

*AGREED*

being a support champ with a buff you really want to give your buff to ANYONE ELSE

unless your team comp is like akali/riven/vlad/tristana/[support]

Support with blue isn't a good thing? I mean I know it could be given to the AP carry but...

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »
oh god

that was not a fight

That was an all you can eat buffet

I could practically 3 v 1 the Annie, Sion, and Alistar, the Catlyin was squishy as hell during teamfights... Then along comes Gangplank to save the day, every time.

Then we (ie. Me, Tristana, Anivia, since Sion and Nasus were busy feeding by trying to solo lane late game) started focusing down Gangplank in team fights and once he was down Tristana could just destroy, but then he went to jungle and later he rushed in with Red, Blue and Baron (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

Eventually Catlyin just went "carry time" and our base went down in seconds :colonveeplusalpha:

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:17 PM »
Support with blue isn't a good thing? I mean I know it could be given to the AP carry but...

most ap carries would better utilize it than a support(especially since supports usually buy things like philo stone and don't have mid-late game mana problems with proper management). manaless ones like vlad being an exception.

jaxter0987

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »
most ap carries would better utilize it than a support(especially since supports usually buy things like philo stone and don't have mid-late game mana problems with proper management). manaless ones like vlad being an exception.

I guess that just means that I'm definitely in the low elo group then. My teamates always ask if I want blue as Sona.  :derp:

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 01:28:34 AM »
I guess that just means that I'm definitely in the low elo group then. My teamates always ask if I want blue as Sona.  :derp:
It's quite possible that you just don't have anyone else on your team that really values it.  They might just be built for cooldown reduction and have enough MP through simple management of Not Spamming Shit... maybe.  Or they don't realise how powerful it is (I know giving it to a properly equipped Lux is basically an Infinite Spell Engine).

I guess the point is more that if you're sitting with it on support you're gonna be the target of focus fire anyway and are sort of expected to die for your group if it comes down to it, and you don't really want to be passing that buff on.
that was not a fight

That was an all you can eat buffet
Oh wow.  That... wow.

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 03:09:05 AM »
(I know giving it to a properly equipped Lux is basically an Infinite Spell Engine).

hahahahahahahahahaha lux buffs

delicious lux buffs

PEW PEW PEW TASTE MY DEMACIAN RAGE

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2011, 07:07:42 AM »
Nine Tailed Fox
So uh, mobility fox? With seduction?
I mean really, naming a skill "Seduction". How will this work against female champions?

WHAT ARE YOU PROMOTING RIOT.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 07:22:34 AM »
You're worried about it working on females, than it working on eldritch abominations, robots, and the undead?

...Where's my game?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2011, 07:37:50 AM »
even annie thinks ahri is hot

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »
Hi, Akali2.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
Hi, Akali2.

katarina can blink to targets

akali 2

irelia has an offensive blink that refreshes upon target kill

akali 2

talon's kit allows him to blink to a target and quickly burst them down, and stealth away

akali 2

leblanc has a q which applies an effect that is procced by later damage and an offensive blink

akali 2

graves throws down a cloud of smoke that gives him an advantage during battles

akali 2

ahri has a skill that captures an enemy's attention and draws them to her

rammus 2

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
    • Blank
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
Well since it sounds like it's more of a non-targeted dash, her ult would be more like Kassadin's I guess.

And when you put it like that, champs seem to really need something new and original for skills. Like invoker goddamn it

...Where's my game?

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »
Probably outdated information, but Ezreal (the developer) mentioned that it'd be akin to Ez's mini-flash thing.

jaxter0987

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »
It's quite possible that you just don't have anyone else on your team that really values it.  They might just be built for cooldown reduction and have enough MP through simple management of Not Spamming Shit... maybe.  Or they don't realise how powerful it is (I know giving it to a properly equipped Lux is basically an Infinite Spell Engine).

I guess it's that then, since every match I've been in, I've had at least two people that have a use for blue.

Also giving blue to Lux is just asking for a rainbows to your face. God I love Lux's ult. ;)

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
Well since it sounds like it's more of a non-targeted dash, her ult would be more like Kassadin's I guess.

And when you put it like that, champs seem to really need something new and original for skills. Like invoker goddamn it

you realize that "new and original" skills after a certain point are totally impossible because they all boil down to the same few elements

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2011, 11:41:20 PM »
you realize that "new and original" skills after a certain point are totally impossible because they all boil down to the same few elements

Not quite.
The problem is coding and balancing.

Daydream Breaker has so many unique spells and not even half of them are used in League.

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2011, 11:56:14 PM »
Well just how high is the skill cap to those skills?

Riots said a lot of time that they don't like spells that require "arcane knowledge" to get them to work.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2011, 11:59:49 PM »
Not quite.
The problem is coding and balancing.

Daydream Breaker has so many unique spells and not even half of them are used in League.

press button, something happens

unoriginal

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »
Bought Vayne.

ALL MY IPS ;_;

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
    • Blank
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »
Well yes, but they can at least spruce up the game with like, dodge and mana burn!

Though for good and bad, Riot won't really add or change mechanics like that anymore.

...Where's my game?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2011, 12:32:41 AM »
Well yes, but they can at least spruce up the game with like, dodge and mana burn!

Though for good and bad, Riot won't really add or change mechanics like that anymore.

dodge and mana burn are both terrible mechanics design wise for a pvp game

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
    • Blank
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »
Hence, for good and for bad.

Though it was silly when I escape deaths due to dodging with a 2-4% chance.

...Where's my game?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:04 AM »
Hence, for good and for bad.

Though it was silly when I escape deaths due to dodging with a 2-4% chance.

recently I had a guaranteed kill turn absolutely around on me because I tower dove someone as akali while I had almost full health and he had dodge runes

he dodged my q proc, stunned me and then I died to tower

in that moment I was like "oh. this is why they're removing dodge."

also the design explanations for removing mana burn make a lot of sense. ie it feels like trash if you don't completely burn someone, and if you do, it feels like trash being burned. it was also useless above a certain level because you could never burn enough mana to actually shut someone down at end game.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
    • Blank
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2011, 01:37:47 AM »
Apparently a friend of mine had his life saved through dodge runes. Several times in one match.

I suppose, Mana burn is kinda difficult to balance I'm guessing. I'm still wondering what they'll do to Jax's Counterstrike though.

...Where's my game?

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2011, 02:01:55 AM »
Apparently a friend of mine had his life saved through dodge runes. Several times in one match.

I suppose, Mana burn is kinda difficult to balance I'm guessing. I'm still wondering what they'll do to Jax's Counterstrike though.

Can't they just remove dodge runes, buff Jax's E, and have it so he's the only one in the game that can dodge? It'd be like Panth's block - no one else in the game can do that either anyway.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality