Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 4 - GET DUNKED  (Read 164727 times)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
League of Legends Thread 4 - GET DUNKED
« on: December 02, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
Picking up where we left off.

So for those who've been following the Jungle hubbub, here's the latest:

1. They've confirmed that they're going to work on HP scaling on jungle mobs, due to some hilariously stupid things happening with jungle mobs that was making it really really hard for almost any jungler late game (poor Fiddlesticks D:)

2. In an actually rather genius move, Jungle mobs that are not killed will begin "banking" additional gold/XP if not killed.  The result?
-If you step out to gank, when you return, the enemies will have a bit more EXP/GP to make up for the time you lost
-If you want to counterjungle, you can now do it by learning the enemy's routes and stealing their banks
-If you don't have a jungler (low level game, etc etc), going and wasting enemies in the forest once in a while might actually really pay off!

I'm... actually quite pleased!

Speaking of which I also got my first taste of Dominion and am ALSO quite pleased oh god this mode is so crazy.

Alternate thread title; Why Ryuu Knows Everything
MotK Grand List of Nicks:
Likaros (YellowYoshi1)
DefinitelySatori (SomewhatMystia)
DanDanRevolution (Cyclone)
ReimuHakureiSM (Golden PX)
Wasabikun (Bitmap)
Kyo Tanaka (Kyo Tanaka)
Cheez Bix (Andrewv42)
Ryuumasken (Ryuu)
Ruffa (Rukaroa)
Daxarian (Evies)
Moltentruros (Molten) (both servers)
FFMaster (FFmaster)
Esifex (Esifex)
Fizzleboom (Cadmas)
jaxter0987 (jaxter0987)
Landonpeanut (Landon)
Lord Varuna (Anima Zero)
ElOhTeeBee (Lumby)
ACTlONDAN (ActionDan)
Darkslime7 (DarkSlimeZ)
Ryoshima Nanbu (Hanzo K.)
Admiral Skye (Admiral Skye)
Tengu Drum (Rikter)
Kishuni (Taboo)
linthuslyth(linthuslyth)
Yaersulf(Yaersulf)
Yukarin(Yukarin)
Garlyle Wilds (Garlyle)
Leothbious (Suikama)
EyeMtheStron9est (EyeMtheStron9est)
Dr Rawr (nurse rawr)
theshim (theshim)
Galfrey (Nemo)
PureamLance (Chaore)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:12:48 PM by SHF »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: League of Legends Thread 4 - Minions Spawn in 30 Seconds
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »
Mandatory addition to that list: Myself (Garlyle Wilds)

Also: I just confirmed I won't be heading over to DotA2 anytime soon despite getting an invite.  Why?  Oh god my poor laptop oh hey it runs smooth if I turn the graphics down--no, no, wait, I can't make out shit all of what's going on and still only get 5 FPS welp.

So, back to Dominion 8D or... whatever else I feel like really.  Decided to obtain my first support (Taric) today, this should be... interesting.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »
Taric is less of a support and more of a 'OH GOD WHY WON'T HE DIE HE KEEPS STUNNING ME ALL DAY AAAAAH OH FUCK HE POPPED HIS ULT HIS FRIENDS ARE STRONGER NOW RUN AWAAAAAY'

If you want true support, try Sona or Janna.
Not to say Taric is bad, or anything. He's actually a fairly potent tower pusher - especially before they changed his heal, where the cooldown reduction triggered on any hit whatsoever. I have on many occasions with my friends run straight up to a tower without any minions and tanked it myself, using his ult and his heal to keep myself alive while we wailed on the towers. My friend even mentioned it; 'I love how Erik just marches right up to the turret like it doesn't mean anything, and comes out of it with full health.'
(This was before they changed him completely; his ult used to give him massive HP regen at the cost of... pretty much all of his mana after like ten seconds)

I don't play Taric much any more, since I've gotten to be a little better at flying Janna around and using her skills to properly harass with. I'll have to try the new Taric out a little more, once I get back to my computer

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
Also: I just confirmed I won't be heading over to DotA2 anytime soon despite getting an invite.

WHAT.

*Stares at Garlyle with puppy eyes*

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
Might as well throw in my summoner name in too: Leothbious

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:07:54 PM »
WHAT.

*Stares at Garlyle with puppy eyes*
I'm sorry!  Even if I had ones to give, they'd be claimed already.

But I got my invite as a guest pass not direct from whatever-process-hands-them-out, so I don't believe I will be getting any invites any time soon D:

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
EyeMtheStron9est (EyeMtheStron9est)
Add me?

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »
Dr Rawr i play also :V

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 08:14:48 PM »
Just as a reminder to all there is a chatroom in the PVP.net client named "motk" (without quotes). It's usually deserted but you can set it up so it auto-joins on startup by clicking the gear icon at the top right.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »
theshim, obviously.  Add nao.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
i was gonna name this thread "Ryuu explains why you're wrong"

because of posts like this!

Taric is less of a support and more of a 'OH GOD WHY WON'T HE DIE HE KEEPS STUNNING ME ALL DAY AAAAAH OH FUCK HE POPPED HIS ULT HIS FRIENDS ARE STRONGER NOW RUN AWAAAAAY'

hard cc is a pretty important thing for a support, as they need to remain relevant while keeping 0cs. hard cc does that. also popping your ult and making your team stronger is pretty much the definition of a support rofl

If you want true support, try Sona or Janna.

you say taric is less of a support because stuns, but janna uses knockups and slows all the time. KIND OF THE SAME THING BRO

Not to say Taric is bad, or anything. He's actually a fairly potent tower pusher - especially before they changed his heal, where the cooldown reduction triggered on any hit whatsoever. I have on many occasions with my friends run straight up to a tower without any minions and tanked it myself, using his ult and his heal to keep myself alive while we wailed on the towers. My friend even mentioned it; 'I love how Erik just marches right up to the turret like it doesn't mean anything, and comes out of it with full health.'

tbh his ult + a team is the only thing that pushes towers on him. oh I guess shatter kind of works too. mainly his ult though.

I'd argue sona would be better for pushing towers because she doesn't need an ult to do it, and she can contribute a lot of damage to it with power chord q

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 11:07:52 PM »
power chord q
i love power chord q :3

...which makes me realize I love burst damage in pretty much every game. Card games, fighting games, w/e I always end up playing burst damage style (and never winning tournaments because it's an inconsistent playstyle :V)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:10:19 PM by SUIKAMODN »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
I got Ryze and I like him a lot, but every game so far I've had with him has started with a guy on my team disconnecting at the loading screen. Just to be clear on his builds, I get mana and ignore AP right?

Also, I got to level 30 a while ago but I haven't started ranked yet. I still need to get Quintessences for both my rune pages and get some more champions, mainly support. All I got is Karma, who I like a lot but people say she's not good as support because she needs to farm to be good unlike other support, Soraka, who I don't like that much, and Lux, who isn't really support. I was thinking getting Janna. BTW, when I start ranked, what champions should I be banning?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:50 PM »
I got Ryze and I like him a lot, but every game so far I've had with him has started with a guy on my team disconnecting at the loading screen. Just to be clear on his builds, I get mana and ignore AP right?

Also, I got to level 30 a while ago but I haven't started ranked yet. I still need to get Quintessences for both my rune pages and get some more champions, mainly support. All I got is Karma, who I like a lot but people say she's not good as support because she needs to farm to be good unlike other support, Soraka, who I don't like that much, and Lux, who isn't really support. I was thinking getting Janna. BTW, when I start ranked, what champions should I be banning?

you should really be like 300+ wins and comfortable in every role before you play ranked

ideally you should also know how to carry bads and have multiple characters you can do it on

.....rip jungle riven ;;

i love power chord q :3

...which makes me realize I love burst damage in pretty much every game. Card games, fighting games, w/e I always end up playing burst damage style (and never winning tournaments because it's an inconsistent playstyle :V)

save up 358729852365926539865932 ip and get akali

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 11:33:31 PM »
what champions should I be banning

*Shrug*

Lee sin
Singed 
Annie
Morgana
Nocturne
Gangplank
Nidalee
Rammus
Amumu

Tend to get banned a lot.

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »
*Shrug*

Lee sin

wait until the jungle tweaks come out and see how gankers fare. at this very moment before the hotfix, ganking junglers like lee sin are in a very bad spot and are not worth a ban. farmers like udyr and shyvana are though.

Singed

uh. no. just beat his ass in lane pre-6 and he can't farm.

Annie

what the fuck?

Morgana

morgana is a decent ban because of her innate spellvamp making it so she never needs to leave lane. she can also push your turret hard and get blue/gank other lanes very easily her spellshield also makes her pretty much ungankable.

Nocturne

eh. nocturne is strong but not ban strong imo. he can do decent in the current jungle but ganking has all the risks involved as normal. he has a super strong gank post-6 even with enemy summoners up, though, but it still might not be worth it for him to gank which is what made him strong.

Gangplank

after his ten-thousandth nerf, I don't see any reason to ban gangplank

Nidalee

what

Rammus

the

Amumu

fuck?

Tend to get banned a lot.

half of these are never banned

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 12:28:58 AM »
half of these are never banned

I'm just going off what the forums say.
Which is ranging between super low elo and average golds.
The bans seem to change like every week it seems.

Whos hot now. Fizz, the bear, Soraka?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 12:59:18 AM »
I'm just going off what the forums say.
Which is ranging between super low elo and average golds.
The bans seem to change like every week it seems.

Whos hot now. Fizz, the bear, Soraka?

fizz, since he's wayy too strong numbers wise. won't be ban worthy after people learn how to fight against him/nerfs

morgana for reasons stated above

volibear is probably worth a ban. his burst is SO FUCKING HIGH at all stages of the game despite being impossible to kill because of his passive and innate tankiness. laned against him as akali, and he outburst me and did more sustained damage. i was all what the fuck is this balance

until the jungle balance hotfix comes out, udyr and shyvana are good jungle bans since they are both capable of staying in their jungle and farming it forever without ever needing to b. if an adaptive jungle player is on the enemy team, they will pick one of those two(or maybe skarner or someone similar) and you will never see them until way after the laning phase when they emerge from the trees covered in neutral blood like an angry god of battle and be literally unkillable. after the jungle hotfix comes out, depending on how it goes, lee sin would be a good ban again.

graves is a good ban because even after his nerfs he can basically instagib a squishy at 6 and get fed no matter how bad he did. I once had a 0/3 graves get me to ten hp as sona with his q/ult.

kassadin is a decent ban because people are afraid to stray from the meta and he's very difficult for most aps to deal with. there are plenty of ways to counter him(like ad mid ap/support bot) but it's better to have a team planned for that composition in the first place--ie having a good mid carry like miss fortune or caitlyn(new sivir probably works too) and having someone who can work well bot and turn it into a kill lane, like annie. or someone who can easily farm and ignore their enemies when sustained, like cassiopeia. if you can work that, then kassadin isn't a necessary ban. also kassadin is not a character who can put four bads on his back and carry them. so basically in solo queue, ban him, with a good team, consider other options. personally I still like to ban him because I ap mid a lot on my teams and I'd just rather not deal with him

in solo queue mid/low elo, tryndamere is also a decent ban, because bads are like hey bro what's exhaust? what's a chain vest? while he's easily countered as a character via exhaust, hard cc, ignite and such, you can't really trust bads to not bad.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 01:18:13 AM »
How do you fight a Fizz anyway? I sort of get how to counter the Bear, but that little trickster? No idea.

In-game name is Galfrey by the way.

...Where's my game?

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 01:21:02 AM »
Rammus is banned a lot.

Udyr.
Shaco.
Kassadin.
Fizz.
Vayne.
GP (Not really usually)

I like banning Riven, and Soraka at times.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:26:51 AM by EyeMtheStron9est »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 01:29:23 AM »
How do you fight a Fizz anyway? I sort of get how to counter the Bear, but that little trickster? No idea.

my friend always instalocks fizz and I almost never fight him myself so I'm not actually sure

I know lane riven fucks him up though

Rammus is banned a lot.

Udyr.
Shaco.
Kassadin.
Fizz.
Vayne.
GP (Not really usually)

why is rammus banned? did he power creep into a good position and lower elos just haven't noticed? I can't really think of a good reason to ban him, but I am also on like 3 hours of sleep. dat taunt though 2good

also I'd argue that shaco kind of sucks in the new jungle until hotfix.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 01:35:38 AM »
also esi it's

THIRTY SECONDS UNTIL MINIONS SPAWN

you jerk

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 02:03:42 AM »

Mana and defenses, yep. Don't worry so much about CDR unless there's literally nothing else you need against the enemy team. Once you're tanky and loaded on a fully charged Archangels Staff and... lots of other mana items (Banshee's Veil if I'm not mistaken is a big given. Ask Ryuu. Again.) then you pretty much just laugh at everyone when they walk in range of your snare. And then you murder them from inside out.

Re: League of Legends Thread 4 - Ryuu Explains Why You're Wrong
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 02:04:16 AM »
Rumble gank too good.

Flash nerf made his ganks better.
If they flash and get away, they already still have at least flash gone.
He goes in next creep wave and kills them.

He then goes mid and does the same thing.
Then he goes top.

Then mid.

Etc.

Either you kill him and win 1v2 (lol) or he makes you afraid in lane and you are denied cs.

He is a champ with aoe damage, so he can actually jungle well still.

On shaco? He does the same thing, but at level "1" he starts with red and blue if done correctly.
Yes, 3 dolls (3 or 4?)  can SOLO blue if they get a few auto attacks help while he does red.

Then he has blue AND red for early gank.
Maybe his entire jungle sucks more now, but he never was a great jungler to begin with.

The only dif is that he starts with red and blue as opposed to red or blue.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 02:15:36 AM »
yeah I saw the video that did that, and read a few threads about it. it seems like in practical application it's like yay you usually get first blood! and then sort of drop off because you can't farm your jungle very well. I haven't seen it for myself because idk anyone who plays shaco and my team protects both of our buffs at start

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
Just the fact that he should be ganking all game and pretty much only doing this.

Rammus does what shaco does (ganking) but can ALSO farm his jungle with aoe dmg.

He does both just as well if not better than anyone else.
He's like a red mage, but he's just better at it than everyone.
He even tanks! He can even out damage people with the shield and auto attacking early game.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 02:36:26 AM »
oh I didn't think about how defensive ball curl would make rammus really good in this jungle

he could probably even risk ganks because of the ms buff he gets from doing that rammus thang

i wish i had more champions so i could be better at this game

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 02:46:18 AM »
oh I didn't think about how defensive ball curl would make rammus really good in this jungle

he could probably even risk ganks because of the ms buff he gets from doing that rammus thang

i wish i had more champions so i could be better at this game

Buy Evelynn
Do it

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
volibear
dear god he ate me

why did he go mid