Author Topic: FUNDED?! - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night  (Read 5744 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
FUNDED?! - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
« on: May 13, 2015, 09:14:34 PM »
So Koji Igarashi (co-director of Symphony of the Night) is joining the Kickstarter bandwagon.

It's been one day, and it already has nearly two million in backer cash.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:05:42 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: IGAVANIA?! - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »
<Sect> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y7Ys5adMibI Have some gameplay footage.

Forget the MC in the Kickstarter, I wanna play as Iga himself :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:50:16 PM »
Why is IGA so based?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:52:09 AM »
Why is IGA so based?

Further proof of based IGA - romscout and pals demonstrated speedrunning SOTN to him; and romscout even taught IGA the Richter skip, it was beautiful

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 02:37:06 AM »
Further proof of based IGA - romscout and pals demonstrated speedrunning SOTN to him; and romscout even taught IGA the Richter skip, it was beautiful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJZtm-MVEI The link for said speedrun.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 02:37:27 AM »
romscout even taught IGA the Richter skip, it was beautiful
How did he react to that? I'm sure a part of him was at least a little embarrassed that his masterpiece was breakable in so many ways. :V

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 03:41:36 AM »

I SORTA KNOW ONE OF THE GUYS WHO WAS SITTING BEHIND THE COUCH THAT RUN so jealous

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 08:40:57 AM »
IGA looks so much like SoTN Dracula it's ridiculous.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 06:39:37 AM »
I contributed 100 bux (well 135ish canadian). I have faith to this project but I can't help but be nervous because because...well... I pre-ordered the special edition of lords of shadow because I love castlevania, EVEN the 3d ones on the ps2 (in fact they are some of my faves, I really really adore them), so it being a 3d castlevania was NOT a source of doubt for me... However when Ig ot the game I was not amused.. the music got wtf'd. The combat was fairly simple and full of QTEs, the graphics were admittedly remarkable. but the asthetics were pretty lame because everything was mayan jungle, completely unfurnished ghost-castle, or desert... no fancily adorned aristocratic dream castle with stained glass windows and gothic furnishings anywhere to be seen.. I can go on but fact is, 'reboot' was not an excuse to pretty much remove everything that made castlevania great while still using the name shamelessly.

what sold me on this however, was that they brought our composing goddess back into the mix. squeee. She's on a throne with ZUN IMO, and maybe whoever writes the music for the Ys series...maybe.. eeeeek... No I didn't pay 130 for music alone but that was just in my opinion an indication (among others, like the fucking gorgeous art and screenshot mock-example) that tells me this is the castlevania I've WANTED (and not just cuz 2d).

oh, and I'm a cheap broke bastard, I wasted like 2 years buying something I really wanted for 130 bucks (3ds), and got this in days. I cannot put money where my heart lies as much as I'd like to, but damn, I'm hyped and am trying to express how much in an honest manner.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 07:04:49 AM »
#ClanBroadsword #TeamSword

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
Latest update revealed that Iga will be a secret boss for backers! Only 58 hours to go.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 07:01:18 PM »
To quote Alucard: I'm interested in this.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 01:01:49 AM »
Completely forgot to mention this when it started, but Iga is closing out the final hours of the Kickstarter with a stream in Japan!

http://www.twitch.tv/ffstv EDIT: Stream has ended.

$5.5 million in backer support - and that's just on Kickstarter! They beat out Reading Rainbow in terms of donations - according to them, it's awesome and evil at the same time. They didn't quite beat Veronica Mars, but it was a thing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:05:06 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Re: FUNDED?! - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 03:53:39 AM »
SotN was my first Castlevania game, and the best I've played. Considering it has RPG elements that aren't present in previous, and some modern titles of the series.

So yea, I'm pretty hyped for this, and the corny dialogues.  :derp:

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Re: FUNDED?! - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 08:18:47 AM »
Just in case you missed the stream and are not a backer:

Here's a link!]http://www.twitch.tv/ffstv/v/6108156]Here's a link! Included is Iga drawing a monster, a few speedruns of La-Mulana and Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Iga shouting his absolute favorite line at everyone in the room.

Move eternally forward,