Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 3 - Dominion edition  (Read 179661 times)

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
League of Legends Thread 3 - Dominion edition
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »
MotK Grand List of Nicks:
Likaros (YellowYoshi1)
DefinitelySatori (SomewhatMystia)
DanDanRevolution (Cyclone)
ReimuHakureiSM (Golden PX)
Wasabikun (Bitmap)
Kyo Tanaka (Kyo Tanaka)
Cheez Bix (Andrewv42)
Ryuumasken (Ryuu)
Ruffa (Rukaroa)
Daxarian (Evies)
Moltentruros (Molten) (both servers)
FFMaster (FFmaster)
Esifex (Esifex)
Fizzleboom (Cadmas)
jaxter0987 (jaxter0987)
Landonpeanut (Landon)
Lord Varuna (Anima Zero)
ElOhTeeBee (Lumby)
ACTlONDAN (ActionDan)
Darkslime7 (DarkSlimeZ)
Ryoshima Nanbu (Hanzo K.)
Admiral Skye (Admiral Skye)
Tengu Drum (Rikter)
Kishuni (Taboo)
linthuslyth(linthuslyth)
Yaersulf(Yaersulf)
Yukarin(Yukarin)

Not sure about the AP carries though... they might need a buff in this map and I do see a lot of Tank DPS dominating them.

hi my name is annie and i 1v4'd tanky dps trying to get my turret
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:04:09 PM by Ryuu »

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
Re: League of Legends Thread 3 - Dominion edition
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
quadra kill as maokai defending a turret  8)

>go back to summoner's rift
>THE FUCK IS ALL THIS

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »
Oh, I still haven't been added to that list.

ACTlONDAN (ActionDan)

EDIT: Oh my god, I just realized that the whole time I've been a part of this thread, I haven't played a single game with any of you.  :(

Neither have I.  I should get around to that..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:27:34 PM by ActionDan »

Don't lynch me.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »
My name never got put on that list - it's Darkslime7 on the NA server.

As Ryze is one of my two mains, I've been contemplating his matchup in mid lane vs. Morgana. Twice now I've been in a premade team where this happened, and the Morgana way outplayed me every time. These are premade games, so all the opponents were probably a higher level, more experienced, and had more runes than me, though we won both games. I think the main problem was that I couldn't dodge her skill shot anywhere near often enough, and during the second game I was pretty scared of her and let her totally outzone me and deny me CS. When I did accidentally get too close to her, it was too late, and she snared me and pushed me to very low health, forcing me to go back.

After thinking about it for a while(and taking a look at some of Morgana's stats), it strikes me that the optimal way to counteract this would be to dodge her skillshot and then harass her with my Q(or a combo) while it's on cooldown. The main lesson I want to take away from this is to pay attention to the opponent's cooldowns, because 1) that's not much of a problem with Ryze and 2) you can drive them away and maybe force them to go back. I'm going to try and keep that in mind the next couple of games.

And if all else fails, maybe someone can switch with me, right? I still don't think Ryze v Morgana is a very advantageous lane situation for Ryze, so there's always that option. I could always turret hug, but Ryze's AA isn't strong enough to kill the ranged minions with turret help, and early game it's not even strong enough to take out a melee minion after two turret hits.

Just some random thoughts I felt like typing out.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
Against morgana you have to harass her or get out-csed  (actually you will probably get out-csed anyway, but the harassment is compensation).  The problem is her skill shot + puddle. being longer range than most harasses.  The thing is, even if you try to dodge it, you wont be getting closer to her, and the morgana won't actually fire off her Snare.  In this way she'll be able to keep distance.  Basically you have to constantly outmaneuver her gaining a bit of ground each time.  However, you may not be able to stop for cs if you are only relying on your autoattack, as it would waste time gaining distance + allow the Morg to puddle creeps with no penalty, or even try to snare you successfully.  Plus her sheild cuts the harassment down significantly... so yeah, the lane is annoying.

Don't lynch me.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
morgana hard-counters a lot of ap carry mids. not because of her skillshot(dude just start boots + pots), but because of her black shield.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:35 PM »
Morgana be trololololin everybody and the forum babies be crying for nerfs. 
Annies not so OP when shes dead.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »
Hoy, I'm not on that list either.
Ryoshima Nanbu (Hanzo K.)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »
I haven't faced a Morgana mid as an AP Carry. Only faced her with AD carries, but man is she annoying with that snare of hers.    :ohdear:

EDIT: Oh my god, I just realized that the whole time I've been a part of this thread, I haven't played a single game with any of you.  :(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:27:20 PM by jaxter0987 »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 11:43:51 PM »
It seems I'm not on the list, I'm Admiral Skye in LoL

Anyways about Dominion, I love it. If I need a short game I can play Dominion and not worry if I don't have enough time. When I play TT it's because I don't have enough time for a long game in SR but sometimes even TT can last for 90 minutes. I feel a lot more useful as Leona in Dominion since I don't have to go through the trouble of farming, which I think she is terible at. But some people also say that it can cause balance issues, some people say Poppy is op because her only weakness was terrible farming but I havent seen any Poppy yet, just Jarvan, Xin, Tryn, and Teemo. Anyways, if there are any balance issues with Dominion, the can always work on the Dominion items or that Crystal Scar buff.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 01:44:39 AM »
Playing as an assist non-solo morgana (why? I don't know) and always end up on low hp. Friend (this is premade btw, in normal i probably would be solo mid) goes and initiates, I chase for binding, zilean comes and pops a bomb on me and i run away and die. And that's the only way I die for the entire game.

Also non-serious games of Dominion are ridiculous.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 02:41:45 AM »
Also non-serious games of Dominion are ridiculous.

Yeah, you can do some silly things with Rammus, Boots of Mobility, Ghost, and the zippers.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 03:05:18 AM »
I also am not on the list nor have I played with anyone on it besides PX.

Tengu Drum (Rikter)

Anyways for some reason I have been playing Morgana the most in Dominion. I don't really use her much in SR.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 03:19:28 AM »
Morgana can hurt somethin fierce if you're a pro at timing her Black Shield. Otherwise, she gets ripped apart if she gets doubled up on - her ult is only really good for so much, y'know.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »
14/4/12 as Orianna in Summoner's Rift.

I personally blame the LeBlanc and Twisted Fate on the enemy team who didn't think to build any resistances whatsoever, with the addition of my Abyssal Scepter. And Deathcap. And partially-constructed Zhonya's Hourglass, aka Needlessly Large Rod.

(It was on my smurf account before you go poking around, Ryuu, so that's another thing that contributed to the lackluster performance of the enemy team)

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 07:26:53 AM »
Oh not in the list too: linthuslyth(linthuslyth)  :V

What's with all the hate for Karma? I got into a game with this slightly annoying and bossy Ashe. At champ select(draft mode) we both we're on and he picked Soraka and I picked Karma. And he goes "We don't need 2 healers" then changes to Ashe. I was about to put "Hey, I saw an all support team once(the one Ryuu posted a while back)" but I refrained from doing so. Later, we're getting stomp laning phase and he all "we're going to lose" "this is a bad champ comp" "karma and corki aren't useful" "I told you to change so I can use Soraka". In the end, we won, our Corki and Blitzcrank were rocking late game. I got a 7/4/27 while he got a 5/4/20.

When I play TT it's because I don't have enough time for a long game in SR but sometimes even TT can last for 90 minutes.
Wait, what!? O_o I don't think I've ever had matches last 90 mins even in SR(at most 70-ish) and the closest I got in TT was 50-ish. How did you manage that, I'm curious?

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 07:37:15 AM »
I spent over an hour in TT once. The bases are pretty broken in that the fountain is way too close to the nexus tower.
Enemy team would just run back and front defending the tower and healing the fountain effectively turtling. 
The nexus tower heals really fast so every time we did damage to it and then got back it would be full health.

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
Seems I'm not on the list, either. D:
NA summoner name is Kishuni. I think I've only played with one of you.

Rammus is OP for Dominion. Dear god. Start with boots5, rejuv bead and 3 health potions. You can ghost/q from -either- base into the nearest (relatively) speed buff and rush to top faster than anybody else can.
Played all 5 of my games with him, won 3 and lost 2. Can't wait for official release, it'd be a lot faster to grind IP playing dominion than anything else.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
oh boy free skins for a guy I already have a skin for and don't play anyways.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1272395
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:41:24 PM by Cadmas »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »
I heard that the digital copy trick doesn't work anymore for the PC Gamer magazine and my brother is having trouble getting it even in the US, so I search in Amazon again to see if they finally have it in stock and WTF $35?!

Is there any other online store that might sell the issue non-digitally?

Wait, what!? O_o I don't think I've ever had matches last 90 mins even in SR(at most 70-ish) and the closest I got in TT was 50-ish. How did you manage that, I'm curious?

The enemy had destroyed our inhibitors and we killed them by the time they got to our Nexus. While we cleaned up the hundreds of minions flooding our base, the enemy respawned and attacked our Nexus again, we killed them again and minions flood out base again. Repeat that process about 10 times and you got a near endless game, eventually the minions damaged out Nexus little by little that they destroyed it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:37:50 PM by Admiral Skye »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 12:41:08 PM »
The enemy had destroyed our inhibitors and we killed them by the time they got to our Nexus. While we cleaned up the hundreds of minions flooding our base, the enemy respawned and attacked our Nexus again, we killed them again and minions flood out base again. Repeat that process about 10 times and you got a near endless game, eventually the minions damaged out Nexus little by little that they destroyed it.
This pretty much, especially when you can clear out minion waves and champions really easily (entire team fed) but can't push or risk losing. Draws out game infinitely.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »
So more Dominion later today. I can't wait to experiment with more items.

Edit: Already up
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:49:55 PM by RIKTER »

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 05:53:47 PM »
That's what surrender votes are for.

Of course, if your team is full of idiots... enjoy that you'll at least be getting more IP afterward?

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
We were actually better than the enemy team, they just got a lucky ace on us and they destroyed everything while we respawned. The could never land a hit on us or the Nexus when they attacked it and we aced them everytime they entered out base, we just got overwhelmed by the minions.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »
Seems like flavor of the month is now flavor of the day.
Forum don't know anything about "balance."

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »
So apparently Morgana is supposed to be able to kill a 500 HP alistar when I have no spells off cooldown and they have 200+ Armor and more enemies are on the way.

Oh and defending a point from being taken makes me an idiot.

People in this game are so funny.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 08:11:44 PM »
Hold on there Morgana, you're not Kennen. :V

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »
Oh and defending a point from being taken makes me an idiot.

I know what you mean, and then I get called a noob when I cant defend a point in a 1v4 while the rest of the team is jerking off with the enemy minions.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 11:25:13 PM »
I know what you mean, and then I get called a noob when I cant defend a point in a 1v4 while the rest of the team is jerking off with the enemy minions.

play annie

take exhaust/garrison

never lose your point

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »
So I almost actually have a full rune page

Now to actually hit level 30 and earn 6150 IP for 78 HP...