Author Topic: WHAT DID I HAVE DONE?! I CAN STILL FIGHT! STG Thread X-Mode!  (Read 204218 times)

Re: WHAT DID I HAVE DONE?! I CAN STILL FIGHT! STG Thread X-Mode!
« Reply #990 on: April 11, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »
potential slowdown issues, people TASing runs and trying to pass them as legit, etc.

Outside of that, not much. At least with console releases, you know everyone is at the same advantage or disadvantage.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #991 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »
you know you guys i do make shmups for the pc

ha ha ha disregard me

« Reply #992 on: April 11, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »
potential slowdown issues, people TASing runs and trying to pass them as legit, etc.

I suppose there could just be a feature that displays the amount of unintended slowdown occured. Like in Touhou.
I guess cheating runs could ruin the fun of competition for some but personally I don't really care much for what other people do with their games. Besides, I don't think anyone could get away with submitting cheater runs to get WR's without somebody seeing through it. TAS'ing and cheating isn't a big problem in Touhou is it? Why would it be here?

« Reply #993 on: April 12, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »
Any tips for JSS Areas 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29(boss for this one) Hard mode default ship? So much crazy stuff that I can no longer cheese through like I could with the secret ship.

Just got to Area 26, but I'm still screwing up a lot of stuff and do not know how to properly handle everything.

Oh, and I dodged Divine Flow's Hard mode opener a few times when messing around with changed settings to "practice" later stages. Since I know Khoa complained about that one, start at the bottom by the % sign. Then tap dodge right some when the aimed part's about to hit. It's still easy to screw up and tap too far or not enough, and you have to do it a few times, but the attack is not impossible, and it does not require a shield. I'd like to know how you're supposed to do the attack with the rocks where there are now bullets.

Well, I guess it's not a big deal until I actually make it there, and I'll probably be stuck on 25-27 for a while.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:45:56 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

« Reply #994 on: April 15, 2012, 08:11:44 AM »
Suggesting Turbo Force for SoTW~!  Partly because sb has wanted it for a while, partly so I can nostalgia, partly because flying fucking cars.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #995 on: April 15, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »
Finally got to eXceed 3rd's Extra .... then promptly got slaughtered by it (having 0/2 going in didn't help, either). :V

Also, put up a semi-decent Futari Novice Original run, and will have a Novice Ultra up later, with plenty of Larsa derps to go around. :derp:

Edit: Novice Ultra run here.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:34:16 AM by jc_foster »

« Reply #996 on: April 15, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »
I'd like to see JSS as the SotW. Awesome game, and those that don't have Eschatos can emulate the original version.

Also, I just no missed up to Phase 8's Divine Expression with the Default Ship on Special Mode. I then died to it twice, then blew the run by dying 12 times to E3 because I don't know how to fight it with the default ship. That was also my first no miss of Divine Flow on Normal or higher with default ship.

« Reply #997 on: April 16, 2012, 05:12:45 AM »
voting for Turbo Force (I can't play JSS, don't even know what platform it runs on), until there's enough interest for people to try Phantasmagoria Trues :p (or play Varth and Phantasm Romance again)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #998 on: April 16, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »
T-T-T-T-T-T-T-TURBOFORCE
V-Five
Buttraider

Also, looks like this thread is nearing completion.  Any guesses as to what the next one will be called?  :V

« Reply #999 on: April 17, 2012, 02:10:26 AM »
(I can't play JSS, don't even know what platform it runs on)
Wonderswan Color :V

« Reply #1000 on: April 17, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
This thread has been going for over 6 months now. Bit sad how much it has slowed down.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN