Author Topic: WHAT DID I HAVE DONE?! I CAN STILL FIGHT! STG Thread X-Mode!  (Read 204265 times)

Re: WHAT DID I HAVE DONE?! I CAN STILL FIGHT! STG Thread X-Mode!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »
Hi, so, what build of MAME is everyone using these days? Currently I have Shmupmame 2.2 and 3.0b, but they are quite outdated now and I'd like to find a current (0.143) build, preferably one that has autofire support. I'm thinking of just going back to vanilla MAME, but that doesn't support autofire, if I remember correctly.

Also, is there any way to change this board's theme back to the dark one? The blue kind of hurts my eyes after a while.
I'm just waiting for Demul right now, and using Shmupmame 3.0 for everything else.  To your second question, I asked TSO about that a week or so ago, and she said she was working on a new design and to be patient until then.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
Spent almost 3 hours total on Daioh, mostly on stage 2. Like every other shmup I've ever played, I can't seem to get consistent at any point in this game. The part past the red mech is an auto bomb. The part past the blue mech is 50/50 auto-bomb. Don't even get me started on the 2 bosses at the end; I can't even get the first part (3 heads) above a 40% NDNB rate (estimated). I'll deal with them again tomorrow; I need sleep badly.

Rank question: how can one control it better? Does letting any item (including yellow orbs) drop fall off the screen drop it, or is it only the max-power-up, or what?

The biggest motivator right now, for me, is the team aspect. Which is kinda funny considering I'm easily the 6 or 7 on the team, thus have absolutely no influence on that score. Usually I'm not motivated too hard until the end, where I see scores right above mine that I want to top. Right now the inconsistency is taking a lot out of me, but just being a representative of not only TiTE but MoTK makes me want to push harder.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
I can't believe I am getting good at DDP DOJ and Ketsui slowly.

Gradually trying to make good runs.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
I was just wondering seeing as it was some time ago now, but did MON ever release a video of his DOJ Death Label 2-ALL?

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »
Rank question: how can one control it better? Does letting any item (including yellow orbs) drop fall off the screen drop it, or is it only the max-power-up, or what?

I don't think anything lowers it, but collecting items raises it.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 02:38:05 AM »
Everyone (Me included) has reported that dropping the random full power items (The ones that give an armor and a boatload of items if you're already at full power) drops the rank by a lot. It's kinda unreliable, but you're bound to find some of those items eventually.

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
Guys, what sort of setup do you use to record your 360? I'm looking for something cheap using composite that's guaranteed to work with PAL TVs and I'd found this which seems to do the trick, except they only ship to the UK :| Can anyone else recommend a model that does work? Thanks! :)

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »
Update on my earlier post about my situation, I'm apparently good for sure until the end of the month, so my tourney participation should still be okay.  Still no clue where I'm moving yet though  :ohdear:.

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »
Yotsubane is apparently working on a new STG, tentatively called Garukilla. There's no information on it yet, but it's listed in the Comiket 80 Catalog. He'll be selling a trial of what I assume to be a very early version at C80.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 12:54:29 PM »
Okay, so I managed to survive Ketsui until Stage 5 again...

I have been wondering, though. Does the difficulty setting in the arcade version's config menu actually do anything?

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »
Yeah, but it's really slight and probably completely untested and unbalanced like most difficulty settings like that in arcade games. They should in general never be touched.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
Yotsubane is apparently working on a new STG, tentatively called Garukilla. There's no information on it yet, but it's listed in the Comiket 80 Catalog. He'll be selling a trial of what I assume to be a very early version at C80.
Awesome :D

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Make sure to submit your scores.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »
Goodnight Daioh. You sure gave me nightmares since that training week last year. May we never meet again.

EDIT : No wait, fuck you Daioh.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:35:52 AM by Verbatim »

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 02:03:43 AM »
Awesome job from the entire team so far, but this is all really painful to watch. No idea who is even in the lead at this point.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:22 AM »
Either way, it'll be close. Regardless of what happens, excellent performance all around this time. :D
Let's fight.

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 11:30:36 AM »
Blaah, played DOJ BL yesterday. Scoring went fine, had 210 millions half-way stage 1-5.
Too bad I did not make to the boss :I

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
I played Dodonpachi Dai ou jou Black Label on Normal first time.

First two stages were easy.

But later... scary.

But at least Espgaluda is easy :V
Stage 4 on Very Hard after two tries.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:08:08 PM by BardzoSkomplikowanyNick »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »
Nice to see you picking up the games!

You shouldn't touch the difficulties in arcade shmups since they're not like Touhou with seperate things in each mode - just keep it at Normal (which is where the game is balanced at) and see what progress you can make. :P
Let's fight.

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 04:27:32 PM »
BWR - north structure, offensive, and prophet.  Where do these tracks appear in the game?  I think the first is from the ending but I'm not sure, and I have no clue on the others :wat:.  Anyone got good musical memory?  :V

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
I've played the game plenty of times and it all feels new to me. Maybe unused tracks?

Only other person I know who put a lot of time in x.x games is Jaimers.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
I used to play with different music all the time though.  :V

First one is definitely the ending music. Prophet sounds familiar but I don't think familiar from this game. Offensive no idea.

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:13 AM »
I used to play with different music all the time though.  :V
Yeah, I'm trying to switch all mine over to Ketsui music :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
So is there any score benefit from having options on the Loop Master, or the gold bonuses outdo that?

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2011, 01:35:23 PM »
Leftover options give an endgame bonus, but I think that's still smaller than the bonus you get for hoarding the gold. I think you want to use as much gold as possible for the end stage bonuses.

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2011, 10:18:10 PM »
Screenshots of the C80 trial of Yotsubane's next game are up on their blog. It's a horizontal shmup this time.

http://yotsubane.blog99.fc2.com/

They look a bit rough, but that's probably because they're from a very early trial (ver 0.0001 :V).

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 03:08:39 AM »
whoris
WHORIIIIIIS

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2011, 11:45:29 AM »
I find myself cool with the idea of Yotsubane's new game being horizontal. For some reason, I believe in their capabilities to make it awesome still. Even if I normally don't like that type of game, having played Deathsmiles I know it can be pulled off properly. Though I'd guess that Yotsubane's new game is more likely to resemble Akai Katana rather than Deathsmiles both in terms of gameplay and visual style. Not that that is a bad thing.

PS: The next two weeks of STGT better bring something cool. Preferably something made on the right side of 2000.