Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 109964 times)

THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« on: February 04, 2016, 12:58:29 AM »
Spoiler:
If I remember right, 1000 replies was supposed to be bump limit, so...
Last thread.

This is the place where you complain about cute anime girls and/or try to convince others you didn't just die to something dumb.

I recently got back to playing DDC. Fun game, or at least it is when you're not rusty as fuck, Kagerou decides to shit on you and leaves you with no lives and you die to a stray laser in stage 4

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 03:24:16 AM »
"The game cheated"

Just like the FineBros, I have trademarked that phrase

I will be taking you to court for stealing my line.

--

Anywaaaaaaaaay. UFO has been giving me lots of pain recently. Ichirin is hard.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 01:46:05 PM »
Grinded runs for ~3 hours because I couldn't get a decent stage 1. Got off stage 1 once in that time but that run was completely awful. I had 4 deaths and was on Keine so I just gave up. Then finally get another run to go past stage 1. Mediocre stage 1, terrible stages 2 and 3 (I must have dropped 13-14k time by this point...), bad stage 4, bad stage 5, good stage 6 until I failed half past 4 again. Seriously have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to do with half past 4 because apparently almost 1500 captures of it in practice isn't enough to cap it once in a run. Really haven't got a clue how to fix it, I can do it fully reaction based or just time the movement to get out of the centre in practice with basically no trouble. In runs, I'm always either too early if predicting, too late if reacting and if I do manage to get the right timing, I don't move far enough. Someone please tell me how I can get out of this hole and cap it in a run because I now have almost no motivation to play. I've now gotten to the point where I get extremely nervous when getting to half past 4 and that ruins my timing even more. I have no idea why I was so nervous on this run because whether I capped it or not, it's a terrible score for me.

The run ended 4.94b, glad I spent so long for that train wreck.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »
Someone please tell me how I can get out of this hole and cap it in a run because I now have almost no motivation to play. I've now gotten to the point where I get extremely nervous when getting to half past 4 and that ruins my timing even more. I have no idea why I was so nervous on this run because whether I capped it or not, it's a terrible score for me.

Play a different category or a different game altogether. Take a break. If you're at a point where everything is just a painful and slow grind and you don't think you're close, then it's best to try something else (or maybe not play at all at least for a while).

Mr Jovial

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:04:31 PM »
Play a different category or a different game altogether. Take a break. If you're at a point where everything is just a painful and slow grind and you don't think you're close, then it's best to try something else (or maybe not play at all at least for a while).
Thanks for the suggestion but I basically just came out of a period where I was barely playing. Got a total of 16 clears in December/January and didn't play on most days simply because I had no motivation. Hourai Jewel is giving me that motivation right now and I'm gonna try and do fewer clears but learn/improve my route since I guess a better potential score will give me motivation. I don't think I'm far from a PB either, or at least I wasn't before. In November got a mean score of 5.28b but Dec/Jan both were 5.15b. Also, I rust really easily so I don't think a break is a good idea.

I ended up brute forcing Half Past 4; did 130 captures of it in practice and finally capped it in a run. Sad part is I basically stopped caring about everything except Half Past 4 for that run. Skipped most of the practice I do before a run (which cost me a First Pyramid capture and meant I  did poorly on Firefly Phenomenon), kept going from a shoddy stage 1 and then didn't really care that the run was bad. The stages were all mediocre at best except for stage 5 which flopped a lot.  5 deaths total, run ended 5.11b. Oh well. Curse lifted and all that crap.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 01:17:26 AM »
I've been trying to get Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited for like six months now.  And, just now (1400 or so attempts in), I had this really, really phenomenal run.  I started choking a bit near the end of Area 4, but enough things were going right that I definitely wanted to keep the run.

I proceeded to die six times to Shinki.  The score turned out to be only slightly higher than my previous best (most of your score in this game comes from the end).

Still the best Danmakufu game, but I'd like to catch a break a n y t i m e now.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »

I tried moving left here on scarlet meister and got hit by the big red bullet. Goodbye overall EoSD WR.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:58:58 PM by cactu »

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 08:58:29 PM »
I was going to beat Phantasm for the first time. I was pretty confident with my 4 lives, and a full bomb stock. During Butterfly in The Zen Temple, I perfectly circled around the red manji and the red butterflies, but then, when I wanted to go back to the edges, that one lingering wave of red butterflies clipdeathed me AT THE LAST FRAME BEFORE ITS HITBOX LEFT THE SCREEN.
Since I didn't expect it to happen, I didn't deathbomb, and basically ruined my whole run.
I died at Yukari's Arcanuum, but if I only hadn't died with 3 bombs to spare before, I would've survived.

Clipdeath of the century.

EDIT: Just downloaded the VSync Patch.
Beat Yukari on first attempt. (and Suwako too)
I literally can't believe how big of a game-changer this patch is.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:15:29 PM by iVAwalys »
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 01:35:27 AM »
On my last playthrough of PCB, I seemed to have lost a life out of nowhere when battling the Prismriver Sisters.  I know that they're ghosts, but phantom-hits are not fair.
I just know what I know...

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 02:58:49 AM »
Once upon a time, when a certain noob tried to beat SA Normal...
Last spell, one last life, no bomb left

Me: *defeated Utsuho* "HELL YEAAAAA-"

*Picchun'ed by leftover bullet*

Me: "FUUUUUUUU-"
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 05:44:55 PM »

I'm not even mad since I still LNBed again, but fucking kek

Mr Jovial

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 11:57:52 AM »
OK WHAT THE FLYING FUCK, I JUST DID SOME PRACTICE OF HOURAI JEWEL IN SPELL CARD PRACTICE AND WHEN I GO BACK TO THE SPELLCARD LIST THE BAD ENDING DIALOGUE SHOWED UP. Bad ending #12 as well, was playing with Netherworld Team. No idea what happened. Pictures:

Quitting to the spellcard list showed this glitchy thing:

Moving between spellcards gave some overlapping dialogue. Seems to be 2 copies of the spellcard text thing and what I assume is a part of the bad ending. This shows up about a second after you move to another spellcard:

This shows up immediately after moving to another spellcard, before going to what is shown above:

Tried to go onto another spellcard. Game appeared to freeze so I mashed enter a bit and noticed some dialogue showing up. Seems to be Youmu saying "I see! She went right back to bed after (getting) up once.":

Proceeding though dialogue. New message is something like Youmu Youmu also looked sleepy." It might be a good idea to take a bit of a vacation.":

Dialogue: Youmu The night lasted for a long time wearing everyone out. That is why Yuyuko quickly fell asleep. Bad Ending #12 Keep clearing stages, as far as you can go!:

Alt-tabbing out to post this and coming back:

Then the screen faded to white and then the save replay screen opened.  I said yes since I wanted to see what it would save. Game then went back to normal, no replay saved though. Based on the score, the replay looked like the last Hourai Jewel capture I did. This was absolutely messed up...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:17:52 PM by Mr Jovial »

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 06:04:37 PM »

This could have been 270m but nope.
The big bullet didn't kill me. A small one came from the right and hit me.

Died to Meilings second non so I had to skip the suicide on Remilia's knives.
Bombed Princess Undine so I had to skip the stage 5 opener.
Died to Sakuya's second non so I had to skip the suicide on Remilia's second spell.

So many mistakes....I wonder if I'll even get 300m this year.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 12:54:18 PM »
Well I'm back here. Somehow, even after adding Hourai Jewel to my route which should add ~60m even with a death and playing far more than I have done over the past couple of months, my average score is lower and Half Past 4 is once again, being a pain to capture in runs. I've had 2 decent runs (>5.3b) over the last 30 clears. Very seriously considering just giving up on this game completely and just scoring something else because clearly, some higher force clearly doesn't want me to play IN.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 01:50:06 AM »

Sing it with me everyone!

♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ Byakuren sucks! ♪

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »

♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ Byakuren sucks! ♪

♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ Byakuren sucks! ♪

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 11:09:25 AM »

♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ I hate Byakuren! ♪
♫ Byakuren sucks! ♪

♫ Na-mu-SAN~! ♪
♫ Na-mu-SAN~! ♪
♫ Na-mu-SAN~! ♪
♫ Na-mu-SAN~! ♪

i had to
sorry im not sorry
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 04:06:45 AM »
Blue UFO runs off from the screen during stage 5 -> alt+f4.

It was a decent run too and my best graze yet entering stage 4, which is around 24,700  :(
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:10:19 AM by Choco Beam »

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 06:41:51 PM »
Got to Stage 5 in UFO with seven lives and eight bombs. Hobbled out with one spare life and two bombs. Game overed on Byakuren's opener :V

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 07:08:48 PM »
Got to Stage 5 in UFO with seven lives and eight bombs. Hobbled out with one spare life and two bombs. Game overed on Byakuren's opener :V

Ouch. I guess it`s replay time ?

Namusan

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »

...How did you manage this? XD Which shot, what difficulty?

Did you bomb at the spells you died to?

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
Literally me back then when I was a noob

In Normal, mind you
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 02:06:28 AM »
...How did you manage this? XD Which shot, what difficulty?

Did you bomb at the spells you died to?

MarisaA, Hard. I performed almost flawlessly up until Stage 5. Nailed my UFO chain, was dodging stuff that I usually auto-bombed, felt incredible. Then I died twice in quick succession during the stage which got me frustrated and made me lose my focus. My performance fell apart after that. I didn't even save the replay because I was so mad, even though I wanted to keep it to document my mad dodging skills :(

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 02:39:51 AM »
I didn't even save the replay because I was so mad, even though I wanted to keep it to document my mad dodging skills :(
l
Same thing happened to me after i beat Maze of Love for the first time *Insert FFVI fanfare here* , oh well.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 02:43:05 AM »
MarisaA, Hard. I performed almost flawlessly up until Stage 5. Nailed my UFO chain, was dodging stuff that I usually auto-bombed, felt incredible. Then I died twice in quick succession during the stage which got me frustrated and made me lose my focus. My performance fell apart after that. I didn't even save the replay because I was so mad, even though I wanted to keep it to document my mad dodging skills :(

It happens, it happens. If you've pulled it off before, you can surely do it again!

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 11:49:16 PM »
Died in the VERY LAST SECOND of Suwa War, leaving me on my last life. It wasn't enough. Without that death I would almost certainly have made it.

MrDoomBringer

• So as I choke, Unlimited Choke Works
  • ok
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »
i thought i would never get to post here
but this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_tEg3n8Yi0&feature=youtu.be

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 01:49:19 AM »
I FUCKING GOT HIT DURING EIRIN ON MY IN EASY RUN AND GOT A BAD ENDING CURSE YOU OVERDRIVE that video always makes me feel sad about getting a bad ending on easy
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
I came so close to accomplishing my 1cc as ReimuB in EoSD (ReimuB is the one character I can't seem to win as for some reason), then a bullet appeared right above me during Remilia's Red Magic spellcard.  I don't care what your ability is, I will challenge my fate!
I just know what I know...

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 11:02:28 PM »
Absolutely raged at Byakuren today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWLQG1pae4
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)