Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 234724 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )
« Reply #600 on: May 30, 2012, 06:15:12 AM »
Server's down, mate. Likely it'll be up on a new IP on the 18th or so of June.

And I don't think we'll ever be requiring Forge just to connect to server - if we do have mods, they'll be server side.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #601 on: May 31, 2012, 05:15:38 AM »
Server's down, mate. Likely it'll be up on a new IP on the 18th or so of June.

Faaaaabulous! See you soon EP

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #602 on: June 05, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
[attach=1]
the yellow part is from the last edit of the pic        it dont has any meaning anymore       (it only showed where i wanted to build the harbor :V)   

« Reply #603 on: June 05, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »
[attach=1]
Everything to the right of the purple line is what I consider "troublesome". The waterways, and the mountains would have to be terraformed after we import the town, and you would likely have to redesign the wall there anyway. It will be a little tricky in the lower right, down near the main entrance, but I think I can save some space there.

The red circles are the ravines that will not be as deep after the import. This is because I don't plan on going very far underground when I save the town. (probably no deeper than level 58.) From what I gather, there aren't any structures or shelters down underneath the ground... only the railways within the 30's range. I believe that after the import, the railways will have to be redone to accommodate the new map area. So, I'm not fretting omitting those.

I will gladly reimburse Sparda for the Cobblestone, and EP for the rails lost in this conversion.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #604 on: June 05, 2012, 09:16:42 PM »
Yeah that was my plan too, axe part of the wall and reimburse Sparda the cobble.

Anyway, the good news is that we will definitely be starting on schedule! Strafe, message me on Steam at your earliest convenience and we'll start getting things in order.

FYI - If Minecraft updates to 1.3 in the next two weeks I'd advise not updating just yet, since the server will probably still be using 1.2, or otherwise we'll be waiting on plugins to update.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #605 on: June 05, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
Allow me to be the first to give a celebratory colonvee. :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #606 on: June 05, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
nice i can now get back to my melon tower :)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #607 on: June 05, 2012, 11:10:16 PM »
Allow me to be the first to give a celebratory colonvee. :V
Darn it you beat me to it. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #608 on: June 05, 2012, 11:36:07 PM »
This is great to hear! :toot:

Have you guys decided on a server host yet? I've talked with another TF2 admin about (among other things) our roaming server situations, and he advises larger server hosts (eg. Gameservers) rather than a start-up (eg. Lethaldrive, Provision Host). He also said that plugin flexibility and server management (two things that we TF2 server admins are concerned about heavily with server hosts) shouldn't be an issue as long as you have FTP/SSH access.

Well damn, if it is the case that we are on 1.2.5 on server launch then I'll be a bit too far ahead of the curve XD.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:39:53 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #609 on: June 05, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
Oh great, I'll finally give life
Spoiler:
or gruesome, painful death
to my arena :toot:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #610 on: June 06, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »
I plan to use Provision Host again. No sense having me and Strafe learn a new interface.

Even if their tech support is less than impressive, the server itself had pretty good performance (for Minecraft anyway) and we have direct FTP access to the root directory so we can basically do whatever we want, if we know how. It might run a bit faster under the new Anvil system, too.

« Reply #611 on: June 06, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »
Okay, so I've encountered a rather significant problem.

There seems to be a bug in the copy/paste functions of either WorldEdit or Single Player Commands, in which copied signs are blank and copied chests are empty. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the world files being converted to Anvil, or that the schematic setup has changed due to the Anvil conversion. Another theory is that I'm using a "different" WorldEdit to do these saves offline. Let me explain. The WorldEdit that we have been using on the server is a stand-alone plugin through Bukkit. Its offline counterpart is included within the Single Player Commands mod. I'm using the latest version that is compatible with 1.2.5, and haven't had much luck getting to the bottom of the case.

To make matters worse, my external program that I've been previously using for offline schematics (MCEdit) seems to have stopped updating. It is not compatible with the Anvil system. Perhaps they're working on a newer version, but I doubt anything will come about before we relaunch.

The only information I can find from other people having the same problem is met with "try saving and uploading on the online version", which doesn't help the problem at hand. However, it does give me hope on a backup option... I propose that we upload our two current worlds as alternates that only Stuffman and I can access, purely for archival and schematic purposes. I might even have to upload all of our previous worlds for this, as I fear that all of my previous schematics are now non-compatible with the Anvil setup.

God forbid that this doesn't work either.. because we'd be stuck with a hard decision. To import everyone's structures with every chest empty, or to continue with our dual-world setup from last time around.

... or we could just say "fuck it" and everyone start over >:D >:D >:D
* Dr.Strafe gets lynched

EDIT- Although, I could manage to import everything, and reimburse the items back to each individual player. But that is a lot of inventory to take... and well... I'm lazy :V
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:25:27 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #612 on: June 06, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »
The admin-only old world upload sounds good.

Did re-making schematics with the latest version of WE address the issue?

And the reimbursement system sounds far too impractical.
Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #613 on: June 06, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »
Hey, can I get back on the whitelist and waste some more time building things with you when it's up? :3 There should be fewer cases of other people's properties getting upgraded with self-destruct mechanisms and graffiti than the last time I was on the server.

(Also, I don't really know where or who to ask this, but I checked out some of the older posts to recall the good times and found out that J.O.B has been permab& somewhere along the line and I can't remember why. That's a shame, because I empathized with that guy for doing something moronic that got him off the whitelist just like me. And now he's definitely not coming back. Told him to keep his dignity in one of the server threads, but the kid must have snapped. I mostly browse the Arcade and the Cafe these days so I might have just missed something... Therefore, uh, anyone got any idea what happened to him, apart from him "being unwilling to change"?)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:09:40 PM by /cardinalshaft_central/ »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #614 on: June 06, 2012, 09:28:10 PM »
He was banned after this thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11605.0.html
(which was conveniently made when he got banned from the server)
TF2 Backpack

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #615 on: June 06, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
Ah, that thread. I remember it faintly. I don't see anyone outright stating in there that the ban was for that particular thread. Maybe you just know such things if you actually browse all the subforums and see all of the happenings on MotK.

In any case, sorry for the derail.

« Reply #616 on: June 07, 2012, 03:10:32 PM »
Sparda and Cadmas. I have good news for you.

I have successfully managed to export Hakurei City and Cadmas' Empire via schematics. I had to split them up into several parts, which took quite a bit of planning, but everything is intact. I'm thinking of bringing the two of you into the server earlier than the others so that we can get these massive structures in place. Even split up, there's still quite a bit of lag with each schematic import. (12 for Sparda, 9 for Cadmas)

Those were the two daunting exports that have bothered me for a while. I still have to plan out Dorakyura's Underground, and Houraiville.. but those shouldn't be anywhere as difficult.

Oh, and WorldEdit (singleplayer) wants to gripe at me whenever a mob spawner is being saved into a schematic. If this problem persists next week, I'll have to set up some new spawners for your arena, HakureiSM.. :V
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:14:04 PM by Dr.Strafe »

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #617 on: June 07, 2012, 04:26:10 PM »
 :toot:   thx strafe

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #618 on: June 08, 2012, 12:42:28 AM »
Since I'm decidedly the "bad cop" here:

Hey, can I get back on the whitelist and waste some more time building things with you when it's up?  There should be fewer cases of other people's properties getting upgraded with self-destruct mechanisms and graffiti than the last time I was on the server.

No. All bans are permabans.

I'm sorry if Strafe told you otherwise but I have no intention of letting you back in, ever.

« Reply #619 on: June 08, 2012, 02:12:03 AM »
Since I'm decidedly the "bad cop" here:
Far from it. I was going to break the news to him, but my focus was on those giant schematics yesterday.. :V

I'm sorry if Strafe told you otherwise but I have no intention of letting you back in, ever.
My plea to Cadrin months ago was to get him to stop constantly requesting to come back in. I had already had bad luck reinstating previously banned players, so I wanted more time to think on it. The promise was that Stuffman and I would discuss things much later. Once we did, it ended against Cadrin.

Ultimately, we have to stick to the rules that we have set for ourselves..

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #620 on: June 08, 2012, 02:13:45 AM »
Strafe, you have to be the good cop. The system doesn't work with two bad cops!

« Reply #621 on: June 08, 2012, 02:17:55 AM »
Can we take turns? I like being evil too :V

« Reply #622 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:53 AM »
Id like me some more melons... Which totally reminds me that i need to change my mc person to a black guy

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #623 on: June 08, 2012, 03:27:17 AM »
Oh, and WorldEdit (singleplayer) wants to gripe at me whenever a mob spawner is being saved into a schematic. If this problem persists next week, I'll have to set up some new spawners for your arena, HakureiSM.. :V
Well the spawners are easy to replace, right? You could save the arena until just above the spawner blocks, and then I'd rebuild the things and the massive dark hole, and give ya call to place them back in.
And then let the carnage begin >:D

Thank you
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #624 on: June 08, 2012, 03:53:14 AM »
The system doesn't work with two bad cops!
Of course it does. Somehow. :colonveeplusalpha:

And some of us should definitely rebuild the super farm centre near spawn from scratch to accommodate new tree types and whatnot. Expectedly I'll likely be in on this.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #625 on: June 08, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »
I am patiently waiting the server's return. It's been so long. Shall I get an army of cats? :V (because as I recall, I'll lose all my wolves, again :V)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:31:23 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
TF2 Backpack

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #626 on: June 08, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
I have no intention of letting you back in, ever.
My plea to Cadrin months ago was to get him to stop constantly requesting to come back in. (...) Ultimately, we have to stick to the rules that we have set for ourselves..
:ohdear:
Acknowledged. I won't lie, I still hope that one day, an exception shall be made. (It's funny that you should mention rules, Doctor, because I watched this TED talk just recently in which I heard words that in the end helped my hope live on: "A wise man knows when to make an exception to every rule." [the entire talk is pretty interesting in its own right, off-topic as it may be]) That causes me to linger. Is it rude of me? Would you rather I just went? I feel like you want me to leave you alone and go. Not being forgiven makes me feel bad. I dream on. With diminishing frequency and intensity.

Since the verdict is final and will never change, please let my hope die with time, as I ask if I can come back here, quieter and more rarely, already once in months, with months turning into years should the server and I even be around until that late, until my question turns into whimper and dies down, and everyone is set free...

Yes, I waste way too much time and thought chasing after unimportant things. It's hope for forgiveness more than anything else... Though I'd really like to build a karma compressor in Minecraft and single player is no fun once you've tasted SMP.

« Reply #627 on: June 08, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
It's funny that you should mention rules, Doctor, because I watched this TED talk just recently in which I heard words that in the end helped my hope live on: "A wise man knows when to make an exception to every rule."
Oh, but I had made an exception to this particular rule. Twice. And both times, it backfired. I do not wish for that to happen a third time. To that end, we have to deny you that chance. However, I do thank you for honoring my request about this subject so long ago.

There are hundreds of servers out there. You don't need to be all hung up on ours, as small as it is. Not being able to play on our server doesn't deny you the ability to enjoy the game. Nor does it deny you the ability to be with us on the forum. JOB couldn't handle his "rejection" and it ended in him getting banned from MotK outright.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:38:18 PM by Dr.Strafe »

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #628 on: June 09, 2012, 06:32:58 AM »
(Now this is going to be a lot of words [I put it in MS Word and it says 1500 words, counting the quote - what the actual fcuk], but since the server is down and the thread is pretty much laying dormant, I hope nobody minds if we just exchange stories for a while. I lost touch with the server long ago, even before we went offline, so this is mostly old times of the Days of The Banhammer. Feel free to skip if you can't be bothered. [That includes you, Doctor. Though I think there is one detail left unclarified that I put some effort to explain to you from my point of view in as comprehensible a fashion as possible for me. But seeing that I'm the reject AND you asked me once to stop pestering you, the least I could do is honor that request. On the upside: it's all the past, so it doesn't really matter.])

Hundreds, if not thousands. I am not actively looking for a Minecraft server to play on, though. I originally came here to discuss some Touhou-related topics and found your wonderful server by chance. I am not a member of many communities, but even during the brief time of having an alternative founded by another community I follow (I was playing on the Mindcrack Public Server), I did not cease to hope that I could get back here one day. I did find my fun elsewhere, otherwise the rejection would have surely gotten to me and I would have ended up broken and bitter, like J.O.B. (May his soul find calm somewhere.)

But I was once banned from a certain forum for a reason that I could not understand (it was long ago, I was but a wee tyke by then. I had no idea how, but I managed to make an admin angry at me and he banned me). The ban was set to last six years.
So I waited.
Shame the forum was all but gone by the time my ban expired. To be honest, I thought it would still be around. Little did I know, six years practically meant an eternity back then, especially when compared to how young public internet in Poland was at that time (about 12 years).
Cool story, innit. Relax, never during those six years did I make any efforts at all to get back on the forum before the expiration date, because I thought I could wait things out. And that I deserved to be banned. Today it seems to me that the guy just had a bad day and abused his power, but who remembers the times past. I never gave it much thought, and so had little problems getting over it and almost managed to forget about the whole affair... Almost.
Anyway, I digress.
{
Oh, but I had made an exception to this particular rule. Twice. And both times, it backfired.
That is not correct, I think. Only once, not twice, Doctor. Unless I miss something, you must surely mean ArteMio (Tomhoffman) and me. Tomhoffman got banned, was let back in, and then got banned again. I got banned once.
In all fairness, I think I did recall you saying something along the lines of "you have been given a chance, but you kept on griefing" sometime after the EP Tower incident. I never felt like there was any exception in my case because the two acts of vandalism that I commited were separated by no more than 48 hours and maybe one post from you in between. As far as I can remember, it wasn't even a warning, just words of bewilderment.

Far be it from me to blame you for failing to give me a proper warning. I just  want to make it clear that you started treating the two as separate cases before saying anything of relevance about the first one. You said nothing after it had happened, therefore I heard nothing, and whatever you had to say about the TNT incident alone after I had already painted EP's tower was for naught, because time could not be turned back, and law is not supposed to work retroactively for that precise reason, among others. Do you see now the futility of trying to figure out what to do about the first case after second crime had been commited?

In layman's terms: you probably "gave me a second chance" post factum, based on only one incident, after I had assaulted the Tower, but I never got a chance to use it, because you thought I did the graffiti after finding out about your decision. Except I didn't. Now if that's how you look at things, that does kind of come off as unfair. Because you treated the verdict as if it was posted in the past, where the EP Tower incident was still in the future. And since nothing could have been realistically done by me, I declare that this didn't count as a second chance at all.

Q.E.D. Once, not twice. Please stop saying that I ever had a chance to redeem myself if I never actually received it before painting the Tower, let alone never actually got banned and then let back in to begin with. The plan was to not ask for unban for at least two weeks in, because back then I really felt like I needed a break from the game (also got some Tenshi vibes, but that's irrelevant - sadly, there was no tea and pastry with the antagonist). And to give people actual time to cool down.

So many words... bottom line is: some stuff happened that got me banned, but unlike Tomhoffman, I couldn't get a single unban even though you said something along the lines of "you already had a chance". I never seen the chance in question. I felt misunderstood. But past is past and we shouldn't ruminate on that.
(
(I learned about the whole "Ex post facto law" in primary school, that's why I remember it. I also thought it was pretty neat. It's real! Look, it even has a Wikipedia article.)
)
[
...But just in case I do miss something and you actually meant something else, allow me to craft a list of lost souls:
- Tomhoffman (dropped lava on Peasant_Miner's house without extinguishing it)
- Cadrin (that's me) (upgraded Dorakyura's little sunflower meadow with self-destruct mechanism and put huge, ugly graffiti on EP Tower) (also hacked my inventory for moar minecarts, though that was EP's accusation, and so hilariously divorced from reality, I think even he finds that funny in hindsight - because when you hack inventories, you do that because you must obtain additional minecarts and record discs - that was the single best thing ever to come out of my ban and still makes me laugh :D) (oh, and by the way, there were only two record discs available back then)
- Tomhoffman (stole something, as far as I remember)
- J.O.B. (I don't know, I wasn't paying attention, I just posted something to straighten him out because I was tired of the drama in huge font size that he was generating here, and when I thought it worked because this thread got calmer... nope, LJ drama.)

So do I miss something? Because that's all that comes to mind.
]
(
There's just one thing that I feel extra bad about: I'm not sure if you know - you probably don't, many would write it off as irrelevant - but Tomhoffman saw me while I was in the process of putting graffiti on EP Tower. And he commited theft soon afterwards, right? To this day I still think that I might have given him the wrong idea. And that's terrible. He was the only one in my mind to have ever gotten the real second chance out of us three. And he squandered it. Perhaps it was my own fault as well, in a sense. Wasn't he a young, impressionable guy?
)
Anyway, I was hoping you would realize the mistake you made about granting second chances that worked retroactively. Apparently you haven't, but now I spoke my mind, presented my point of view, and believe everything is clear. There is not much to add anymore, I don't think. Unless you want to hear a cool story about the hax minecarts for my failed minecart-based cargo hold for the third time. :P
}

I used the word "forgiveness" in the previous post. I looked up its definition on Urban Dictionary and got some powerful stuff, man. "The greatest thing you can ever do for another person (and yourself)", "The ultimate test of love that drives a heart wild by lovingly surpassing all the wrong one has made and making it right", "Giving up all hope for a better past"... Well since it's so great and elusive, I understand that it should be next to impossible to obtain. So be it. As you now know, I can wait till this is over.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:39:51 AM by /cardinalshaft_central/ »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #629 on: June 09, 2012, 07:09:31 AM »
Achievement get: read a giant textwall at 3am and respond before sleeping

I'll try to act as advisor here despite 3am logic. Please don't take any offence.

You have some valid points and anecdotes, but if this is a final plea I'm afraid it may not work. I wouldn't allow ya back in so soon if I were in the Ops' position, not because of your prior actions or inventory hacking (which is laughable, but not as silly as you think), but more due to genuine concern over your current state (going by posts both here and LJ). It may be that allowing access to MC server again can help, but I would encourage ya to find your own way to stabilise yourself some first.

Artemis (tomhoffman) did get the proper second chance but at the time we had no precedent to go by for reversing bans. Once he committed further mistakes it was obvious that second chances may be a bad idea. He did make quite a good first impression on me in particular as he was among the first players I met on DDR's server; the two of us remained in somewhat amicable relations on the MC server. But such ties are vastly overshadowed by community relations, where he messed up hard and paid the price.

As for JOB, I think it was mostly overreaction to member requests (which many of us counter-acted angrily) and an unwillingness to cooperate with other members of the playerbase.

The tower situation...I was more puzzled than upset or angry by it. It may be 'improving the structure', but constructive griefing is still griefing, and I'm not a fan of that. As for the retroactive ban argument, I think it's plausible but not entirely convincing (may need to read prior posts again though).

I guess these are all my comments for now. Not sure if they'll be used in the long run as I'm just a player here, but I'd at least consider them.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:26:25 AM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name