Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 235115 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )
« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2012, 09:47:07 PM »
Moving the current shroom island abit more inside the borders would be cool :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #541 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
A Nether safety zone might be reasonable, since as you recall I accidentally the whole Nether shortly before we went offline and ruined all your nice roads and stuff.
Okay, putting that in. I'll assume you want the roads and transport routes as well.

One way or another we'll have a jungle, and I guess a mushroom island isn't a bad idea either.
My current way of making this involves using WorldEdit to make artificial islands in the ocean, changing the biome with BiomePainter, and then manually adding in biome-specific bits.

Chances are I'll go for several jungle islands (4 or 5?) and maybe add 2 more closer mushroom islands.

But no, I'm not going to let you edit the map before we put it back up. That's a recipe for trouble. :V

At least not directly. Maybe you could pass your copy of the map to Strafe and he could pick some schematics to import from it. I'll let him decide that, though.
Hehe, I didn't expect my initial idea to fly through at first :V

I still have the original archive version you sent me (it's not even converted to Anvil :V), so we can use that for actual editing.

A major problem with schematics would be that we'd have to edit the biomes again for the areas we import if we want the full effect. By contrast BiomePainter saves the biome info directly to level.dat ( //regen may still cause problems though).

As for the chests idea... I like the idea of introducing some kinds of challenges to spice things up but I don't want to just cram a bunch of diamonds in boxes at random places in the world. Needs some proper challenge dungeons/events.
Point taken, idea postponed.

Unfortunately, current estimate has been pushed back to mid May. I was having another bad month of work but I started a new job this week and I'll be able to start getting caught up right away.
I see.

The random chests you'll need to ok certain items to use with stuffman and strafe first obviously.
Certainly. I doubt they'd approve of Sharpness 80 diamond swords wih -32000 damage :V

I vote no on the mob arena though (would be better to be built once the server goes back up by those who wish to work on it).
Possibly, yeah. It was something I was considering since several users were wanting it back. Perhaps this is the better option, I suppose.

The "Weclome Back" gifts... my greed says yes, but I'm kinda thinking no. It'll be nice just to get back in if nothing else.
Modest, aren't ya? :P

As for the Jungles and mushroom islands, I vote yes on that. Just try not to make it a pain for boat travel to places due to the sudden addition of holy crap why is the ocean made of dirt, grass, and 120 ft tall trees?
I'm not planning on draining the ocean for this :V

Most likely these new islands will have Nether portals of their own too.

Moving the current shroom island abit more inside the borders would be cool :V
That might be a bit tricky; least I can do is expand the existing mushroom islands (so far two, both near the border) and making a few more with WE.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #542 on: April 12, 2012, 11:01:01 PM »
My offer to help contribute to server upkeep as needed still stands, if it helps get things up and running smoothly. :3 I think I've worked enough overtime to throw a bit to a worthy cause.

As for the issues at hand, everything I'd want to say seems to already have been said. Long as I get to keep my biomes as-is and don't have to relocate, I'm all good with Stuffman's take on things.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #543 on: April 13, 2012, 01:13:05 AM »
Mid-May, huh? Unfortunate, but I can dig it.

While I am honored that people like Exuro are offering to help offset the server costs, I don't think that will ever come to pass. Most likely for the same reasons that Stuffman didn't want me to shoulder the full cost since February. My take on this has always been about how we provide the server as a service to the MotK community, so that we can play and hang out together. Donations are nice, but that might complicate matters. I've never viewed this server as a ways to make money off of the players, And we would definitely not want to bribe players into donating to get some NighTeam-style perks.

Regarding a possible new world: I still maintain my offer on doing another schematic session, even with my hesitations on the large projects. This is more along the ideas of us consolidating onto one map, having Jungles, and cutting down on the number of oceans that we currently have to traverse. Alternatively, I could look into importing the structures from World 2 into our current World 1, and we can expand our borders. I'm also thinking of using WorldEdit to construct some new landforms around the map. Biome Painter and similar programs could take care of our biome needs. What do you guys think of that?

Regarding hidden treasure chests / "Welcome back packages": NO FREEBIES! >:(  Okay, seriously. The hidden treasure sounds plausible, but I agree with Stuffman that there would need to be some challenge that the player should overcome. Like a Dungeon.. only more difficult. The only catch is that (I believe) most of the players are already well-set in resources like metal and diamond. Most hard-to-find blocks are able to be crafted with recipes and such. Therefore, I think that the only "prizes" that would hold any value would be custom enchanted tools. I have a program that allows me to modify enchantments on weapons and tools. I was thinking that we could have a Tournament of Arms or something and some of these tools would be the top prize.

Regarding Nether rail-lines: This idea has come up many times, and I'm not against it. My only reservation is about the Glowstone. I hadn't made backups of the Nether because I knew that one day we would scrap it and generate a new one to replenish the Glowstone. Perhaps /regen would solve that issue, but I'm not sure if it would alter the landscape due to the (supposed) different seeds. If you guys want to build rail-lines and a "safety zone" there, then that's fine by me. I'll begin backing up the Nether once we come back online.

Also, I'll opt out of a rail line leading to my base. I will only have a Nether portal that leads to a secluded Netherwart farm. If you want to visit Wily's Fortress, then you must journey there. :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #544 on: April 13, 2012, 01:42:45 AM »
How did I not notice this anyway

Also I just skimmed through this wall of words, and it seems everybody thinks a new world is a bad idea
well damn, I was all for it. Wasn't very fond of the way the old world came out, and I seriously like the new world generation so

The only thing I want from our old world is me damn arena that I didn't get to put to use :derp:

But eh, if it will be too much trouble on the Strafestuff and the server then it's okay

But no, I'm not going to let you edit the map before we put it back up. That's a recipe for trouble. :V
Thank you
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #545 on: April 13, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »
Donations are nice, but that might complicate matters. I've never viewed this server as a ways to make money off of the players, And we would definitely not want to bribe players into donating to get some NighTeam-style perks.
Ah, I see. Definitely wouldn't want to see people pay for admin here :V

Though I'd think that donations would be a good idea, I don't see much of an incentive to do so from the players' perspective.

Regarding a possible new world: I still maintain my offer on doing another schematic session, even with my hesitations on the large projects. This is more along the ideas of us consolidating onto one map, having Jungles, and cutting down on the number of oceans that we currently have to traverse.
That is one idea there, but with all the user interaction and input, it'll be even more of a hassle to do this online. But your choice.

For preparing locations, however, I suggest that we start finding a seed that works well and use MCEdit or similar to generate all the terrain. Afterwards create an overhead map (with your plugin/program of choice) and post it (and the map seed) on this thread. Users can use this to their advantage to scout out areas for their stuff, with the more meticulous ones going down to the coordinate level - priority goes to owners of complex schematics, however.
This way we can save time exploring for our materials, and even perform a few offline imports while we're at it before the server even goes up.

Alternatively, I could look into importing the structures from World 2 into our current World 1, and we can expand our borders. I'm also thinking of using WorldEdit to construct some new landforms around the map. Biome Painter and similar programs could take care of our biome needs. What do you guys think of that?
Hm, that would be a bit of a crowded world then. :V

Nevertheless, I approve of this idea too, but I'll likely add these locations and continue working on Nether links. We might need to coordinate specific locations for each, maybe even share world files.

Regarding hidden treasure chests / "Welcome back packages": NO FREEBIES! >:( 
Well damn. More sales for me ~ :colonveeplusalpha:

I was thinking that we could have a Tournament of Arms or something and some of these tools would be the top prize.
Ooh, didn't think of that as an option! If needed we can make it cross-game as well and have it on both MC and TF2 servers. :V

Regarding Nether rail-lines: This idea has come up many times, and I'm not against it. My only reservation is about the Glowstone. I hadn't made backups of the Nether because I knew that one day we would scrap it and generate a new one to replenish the Glowstone. Perhaps /regen would solve that issue, but I'm not sure if it would alter the landscape due to the (supposed) different seeds. If you guys want to build rail-lines and a "safety zone" there, then that's fine by me. I'll begin backing up the Nether once we come back online.
Got it. I've regenerated World1's nether from scratch here and it's the exact same seed as the original one - //regen has trouble however for some odd reason, so Nether backups seem the best option.

Also, I'll opt out of a rail line leading to my base. I will only have a Nether portal that leads to a secluded Netherwart farm. If you want to visit Wily's Fortress, then you must journey there. :V
Understood that. Going directly to Wily's would make MM2 too easy. ;)
Bad command or file name

« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2012, 02:29:20 AM »
Though I'd think that donations would be a good idea, I don't see much of an incentive to do so from the players' perspective.
That is the problem with donations nowadays. People who donate expect something in return, or that people try to entice potential donators with freebies. That's missing the point, in my estimation.. :V

Ooh, didn't think of that as an option! If needed we can make it cross-game as well and have it on both MC and TF2 servers. :V
Then Alpha and Exuro would end up with all of the prizes!

Got it. I've regenerated World1's nether from scratch here and it's the exact same seed as the original one - //regen has trouble however for some odd reason, so Nether backups seem the best option.
My concern was more about the old Nether being regenerated after the world seed changed (1.2 update and all). I'll keep your finding in mind.

Understood that. Going directly to Wily's would make MM2 too easy. ;)
Indeed. No passwords around here. Start fighting dem Robot Masters! :V

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #547 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:54 AM »
I recall leaving a sign in the mines below your fortress, Strafe. :V I probably have the closest establishment to yours, but even with supercrack it took me a bit of running to get there.

As for the whole donation thing, I suppose that's understandable. In all honesty, I just want to get cracking on all of the ideas that I've had since we went down. The fortress is going to be the size of my old manor when you compare it to what I have planned now.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #548 on: April 13, 2012, 07:25:22 AM »
Poast explosions.

Regarding a possible new world: I still maintain my offer on doing another schematic session, even with my hesitations on the large projects. This is more along the ideas of us consolidating onto one map, having Jungles, and cutting down on the number of oceans that we currently have to traverse. Alternatively, I could look into importing the structures from World 2 into our current World 1, and we can expand our borders. I'm also thinking of using WorldEdit to construct some new landforms around the map. Biome Painter and similar programs could take care of our biome needs. What do you guys think of that?
If the borders get expanded im in

Regarding hidden treasure chests / "Welcome back packages": NO FREEBIES! >:(  Okay, seriously. The hidden treasure sounds plausible, but I agree with Stuffman that there would need to be some challenge that the player should overcome. Like a Dungeon.. only more difficult. The only catch is that (I believe) most of the players are already well-set in resources like metal and diamond. Most hard-to-find blocks are able to be crafted with recipes and such. Therefore, I think that the only "prizes" that would hold any value would be custom enchanted tools. I have a program that allows me to modify enchantments on weapons and tools. I was thinking that we could have a Tournament of Arms or something and some of these tools would be the top prize.
Yeah the only thing worth any thing nowadays is rare enchants and rare metals.  Anything else is loleasy to find.  A tournament would be cool cept for those of us with lag losing horribly.

Im too lazy to quote ep so ill just use strafe here.  Nether safety and rail-lines?  Traversing 300 some blocks isn't too hard and it doesnt need to be made any safer.  I mean if you die in the nether you probably weren't paying attention.

And by journey you mean look up your location on dynmap and build a nether portal in that general area of the nether to get there right? :V  No need to make a rail-line for me as well if you wanna come to my area then use some skill and get there.
I recall leaving a sign in the mines below your fortress, Strafe. :V I probably have the closest establishment to yours, but even with supercrack it took me a bit of running to get there.

As for the whole donation thing, I suppose that's understandable. In all honesty, I just want to get cracking on all of the ideas that I've had since we went down. The fortress is going to be the size of my old manor when you compare it to what I have planned now.
LIAR YOU'RE USING THIS DONATION RUSE SO YOU CAN GET STRAFE/STUFFMAN TO MAKE YOU CREEPER PROOF!
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #549 on: April 13, 2012, 08:04:55 AM »
I think I remember finding that sign sometime. I searched the area, trying to find any hidden wolves. :V

I think we all share the same desire to get back to our projects. I just don't know how Stuffman feels about donations. That isn't to say that donations for the server wouldn't be appreciated, if they were to happen.

Also I just skimmed through this wall of words, and it seems everybody thinks a new world is a bad idea
well damn, I was all for it. Wasn't very fond of the way the old world came out, and I seriously like the new world generation so
I'm not against it at all. This world setup was quite different than I had thought it would be when we started. I just feel bad about another possible move..

LIAR YOU'RE USING THIS DONATION RUSE SO YOU CAN GET STRAFE/STUFFMAN TO MAKE YOU CREEPER PROOF!
I'm pretty sure that a Creeper-proof Exuro is one of those things that can collapse the Universe.. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #550 on: April 13, 2012, 03:24:57 PM »
Nether safety and rail-lines? Traversing 300 some blocks isn't too hard and it doesnt need to be made any safer.  I mean if you die in the nether you probably weren't paying attention.
* EP shoves Shady off hanging 1-block wide path into lava 40m below >:D
...on a serious point, it is certainly, but a covered route would make frequent travel a good bit safer.

No need to make a rail-line for me as well if you wanna come to my area then use some skill and get there.
The only skill needed is a supposed state of poverty.

I think I remember finding that sign sometime. I searched the area, trying to find any hidden wolves. :V
Saboteurs! :V

I'm pretty sure that a Creeper-proof Exuro is one of those things that can collapse the Universe.. :V
Yeah, we cannot let this happen. >:D
Bad command or file name

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #551 on: April 13, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
I don't need my grinder.
Can I have my chests of crap back though :V

« Reply #552 on: April 13, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »
only if i get my doors

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #553 on: April 13, 2012, 07:36:02 PM »
I'm not against it at all. This world setup was quite different than I had thought it would be when we started. I just feel bad about another possible move..
Well the changes were pretty radical. Most people seem to want to keep the old World1 though.
                                                                                   .

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #554 on: April 13, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »
Yeah, I really want a new world but I know what an unbelievable pain in the ass it'll be to do another round of schematics, but now that I think about it all the terraforming needed to expand the map and patch biomes in would be a lot of work too.

I dunno, I'm thinking maybe we should start a new map after all. Sparda Town is a huge problem though. I think we'd have to abandon the outer wall, there's just no way we can import an entire continent. Chireiden not so much since it can go anywhere underground.

I personally wouldn't mind losing Castlevania, in fact it almost demands a full redesign due to the new height limit...if we axe the grinder too that's another big thing that doesn't need to be moved. Is anybody else okay with abandoning certain projects of theirs to make the move easier?

About donations: I'm just not comfortable with it. There are certain obligations involved when people start paying you for something, and I'd rather not have those come up. I consider Strafe to be a sort of "business partner" that I'm happy sharing administration duties with and for the sake of neutrality I don't want to expand that sphere any further. Sorry, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for the server to come back up :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #555 on: April 13, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »
pay money, get rewardz

Ye, I find it a bit hard to let go of my arena(as in I want it bad), but myhouse and anything else I had I don't give a damn

One thing that occurred to me, maybe we should have a superflat secondary world.
                                                                                   .

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #556 on: April 13, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »
Only thing I'd need is the lower levels of my house (only the main room, and enchantery, otherwise the doors/pool I'll make new paths for). I'd love to keep my underground farm/skeleton spawner combo in the underground by my house, but... Hell my house this last time had some nice underground stuff around it period since the spiders were easy kills and the skeletons were easy arrows...
Don't mind much though. If we need to move around, then it's fine by me. I'd request materials to cover what I used attempting to make "Neo-Venice," and my underwater paths though. :/
Whatever is decided, I'll just be happy to have the server back to play on :P
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #557 on: April 13, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »
I never really was that fond of this world. Way too much ocean. (proved by me and shady making a nether portal in the nether, and it spat us out above the ocean :V) And a new world would make it much easier to include jungle biomes, instead of putting them in with plugins and stuff.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #558 on: April 14, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »
The last backup that I made was a little less than a week before the shutdown. I'm pretty sure that people were still building and stuff in the mean time, so I'd still like to get a hold of that final backup in order to do the schematics. That is, unless you guys don't care or don't remember what you did in the last week, I could just use my backup.

I've used some of WorldEdit's commands for modifying and moving the bounding fields that I use to save schematics before. Breaking down the large projects into segments won't be difficult. Reassembling them might be another story. :V  I'll use this time to do some SCIENCE experiments on those projects. I'll also start preparing a list of projects to be saved, and I know I'm going to need some reminders on some of your projects. I wouldn't feel right having people flat-out abandon any of their projects, unless that is what they truly want.

I don't need my grinder.
Can I have my chests of crap back though :V
I'll save your little treasure cove as a schematic, so you can have your stuff back. I'll just count out the doors and reimburse Rawr once we're back online.

So. New world ideas. Here's a thought: Let's all scout out some seed candidates offline and suggest them here for others to see. This way we can choose a new world that we are happy with as a community. What Stuffman and I did when selecting seeds before was that we picked a Touhou-like phrase or name as a seed. I don't remember all of the ones we've used or tried (and they might be different with 1.2 world generation), but we have used the following-  "Fate of Sixty Years", "Red Magic", and "Futatsuiwa from Sado".(without quotes, obviously :V)  It can be anything Touhou related: names, songs, spellcards, etc. Spelling and capitalization are important when trying to share a seed you'd like for us to check out. ie, "Red Magic" will likely be different than "red magic".

Just to be fair, don't claim landforms or regions while we're in this phase. Staking a claim will come once we're online with the chosen new world. First come, first served and all that jazz.

What do you guys think?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #559 on: April 14, 2012, 12:23:39 AM »
I'm kind of at a split decision here. While the tower is a server staple and would be great to keep, I'm actually considering not copying over my tower to a new world, so that I can start anew with Tower #2.

...most of it anyways. I'd still like everything from Y95 and above to stay, as that contains virtually all of my stuff as well as the infamous swimming pool. The farm systems will be eradicated, of course, but I'm fine with that so long as I get the pistons from that (about 4 1/2 to 5 stacks worth).

As for other buildings, I'm still keeping my arena and the community centre, while the glass dome tower near my area can be forgotten. That just leaves the giant subway system, for which I think a chest full of rails will be enough compensation.

The decision about the world remain yours, but if we decide on a new world, I'll likely go with the above (unless mass pressure says otherwise).

The last backup that I made was a little less than a week before the shutdown. I'm pretty sure that people were still building and stuff in the mean time, so I'd still like to get a hold of that final backup in order to do the schematics. That is, unless you guys don't care or don't remember what you did in the last week, I could just use my backup.
I think Stuffman has a link for World1's final backup; you can contact him for it.

So. New world ideas. Here's a thought: Let's all scout out some seed candidates offline and suggest them here for others to see. This way we can choose a new world that we are happy with as a community.....

Just to be fair, don't claim landforms or regions while we're in this phase.....

What do you guys think?
I approve of this. At least I use my mods for something other than idiocy now :V

Should I find a good seed, I'll also put up a map of sorts based on BiomePainter's output.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:25:27 AM by デモパン Hat Traders »
Bad command or file name

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #560 on: April 15, 2012, 05:52:33 AM »
CURSES MY CREEPER-PROOFING PLANS HAVE BEEN SPOILED :V I can understand your reasoning, in that case. If at all possible, though, could I get a copy of the final map backup from someone who has one? I'm going to work on schematic things for the time being, and I want to be able to make some changes to replicate later on in the main server.

As for server moving, I guess it would give me an opportunity to move off of those GODFORSAKEN CREEPER MINES I built atop... I'd just want to relocate near a village again. I'd support it.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #561 on: April 15, 2012, 06:21:39 AM »
I'll make the full server backup publicly available tomorrow. It'll take a while to upload.

« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »
I'll make the full server backup publicly available tomorrow. It'll take a while to upload.
Just the map files, or eeeeeeeverything? :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #563 on: April 15, 2012, 04:39:44 PM »
Yes, everything, even the secret documents with our credit card and social security numbers on them, as well as the thoroughly documented logs of all those conversations our users thought were private!  >:D

Anyway, nah, I don't think the plugins will work correctly with non-server MC so I won't bother to include those.
World 1
World 2
Nether
The End (if you want it for some reason :V )

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #564 on: April 15, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »
Awesome, thanks! I can finally see in game what you guys have been doing.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #565 on: April 15, 2012, 10:48:49 PM »
Danke my hard-hatted friend! ~

This should help in finding a seed that will accomodate everything we've built and still want on a new world.
Bad command or file name

Freyband

« Reply #566 on: April 16, 2012, 04:18:45 AM »
Played some of the map and just... right in the nostlagia. Was kinda depressing walking back into Haku-town and having my dogs swarm me. :/ Thinking I might see if I can navigate my way to EP's tower without livemap (after nuking my house, thing is giving me the creeps). FAILURE HO! Will be lovely to play this map with other people, without them it feels sorrowfully abandoned.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #567 on: April 16, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »
Played some of the map and just... right in the nostlagia. Was kinda depressing walking back into Haku-town and having my dogs swarm me. :/ Thinking I might see if I can navigate my way to EP's tower without livemap (after nuking my house, thing is giving me the creeps). FAILURE HO! Will be lovely to play this map with other people, without them it feels sorrowfully abandoned.
It feels rather... post-apocalyptic, if you ask me. And that's not because I got into BSoD's gunpowder storage and nuked all of Hakutown into oblivion I swear. :V

Also, I'll need to somehow find my way to my fortress now that I think about it. Can't exactly just /home my way there now can I?

Freyband

« Reply #568 on: April 16, 2012, 04:52:39 AM »
Coordinates are your best option if you remember the general coordinates. Just reached EP's tower because I remembered it was ~100-200 below the border of what I consider up. I'm now left with the question of how to get back (I feel like trying to find some other areas, such as Wilyland, Shadyville, and Exuro's mansion). Blow myself up, try boating back, jump off the tower, break every ladder as I go up EP's tower then jump down the center? So many choices! As for the post apocalyptic, same thing popped into my head as well. Imagine being the last man on earth, and never being able to die. That would just be terrifying :/

P.S. Exuro, one of your dogs is still in EP's tower.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:59:04 AM by Zeroxes »
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #569 on: April 16, 2012, 04:59:24 AM »
Played some of the map and just... right in the nostalgia.
Definitely true here.

Thinking I might see if I can navigate my way to EP's tower without livemap (after nuking my house, thing is giving me the creeps). FAILURE HO! Will be lovely to play this map with other people, without them it feels sorrowfully abandoned.
Have fun >:D. Without the use of mods it took me half an hour to get there from spawn.

Walking the worlds alone definitely feels strange, bizarre, very post-apocalyptic.

And that's not because I got into BSoD's gunpowder storage and nuked all of Hakutown into oblivion I swear. :V
I never knew you were a good Demoman :V

Also, I'll need to somehow find my way to my fortress now that I think about it. Can't exactly just /home my way there now can I?
If you need the coordinates for that feel free to ask! ;)

fake edit: damnit Frey :V

Just reached EP's tower because I remembered it was ~100-200 below the border of what I consider up. I'm now left with the question of how to get back (I feel like trying to find some other areas, such as Wilyland, Shadyville, and Exuro's mansion).
Damn you're quick! XD

Use that boat that's docked near my tower, I say, to try and find other places. Feel free to raid my chests there for supplies :V

As for the post apocalyptic, same thing popped into my head as well. Imagine being the last man on earth, and never being able to die. That would just be terrifying :/
Agreed there. Very scary stuff.

Edit: that dog in my tower is actually mine. It doesn't follow my commands now though :V

Edit2: first seed attempt 'Hisouten Haisen Gung Laevateinn' (4 TGTA cheat scripts' activation codes) resulted in me spawning right in the middle of a jungle biome. Rendering more of the world later.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:10:46 AM by デモパン Hat Traders »
Bad command or file name