Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Voyage 1969  (Read 2281 times)

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
Kerbal Space Program: Voyage 1969
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:41:16 AM »
Kerbal Space Program (Also on Steam) is a game that I fell in love with the moment I started it up. It's a game where you plan missions, build space ships and airplanes, and fly them into orbit, to the Mun, and beyond to the planets in the Kerbol system. The best description I saw was: "Kerbal Space Program is a NASA simulator with no budget constraints... or safety constraints."

Things I've created

ASTREA Space Station. Still a work in progress.
Landing on the Mun
Taking some Kerbals home after a long stay at the station
Duna (Mars equivalent) probe
Returning from Minmus mission

Helpful resources to start off

KSP has a notoriously sharp learning curve and the lack of clear tutorials doesn't help at all. Thankfully, a guy by the name of Scott Manley has put together a set of must watch tutorial videos to get you started with.

KSP 101: Tutorial For Beginners - Construction, Piloting, Orbiting
How to land on moons.
How to get to other planets.
How to rendezvous and dock.

Useful mods

KSP already has a ton of mods that extend the capability of the game and adds to the challenge. They can be found on Spaceport, but a few that I would like to recommend are here:

KW Rocketry - More parts, including payload fairings to protect your payloads during launch.
MechJeb - Combined pilot assistance, maneuver planner, and orbit data viewer. Shows helpful stats as you build your rocket as to how far it can go.
Crew Manifest - Lets you transfer Kerbals between parts of the space ship without having to have them go outside the ship.
SubAssembly Manager - Lets you save parts of ships for later use in future projects. I use this one because I have a standard launcher that I use for most of my launches.
Docking Camera - This adds a camera to the front of your docking port so it makes docking more manageable. Includes displays of how far off your orientation is.
Haystack - Lets you quickly find and switch between spacecraft. Helpful if you have a lot of ships floating about.

So go forth, Build, Fly, Dream. Show us your creations and endeavors here in this thread.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

AnonymousPondScum

Re: Kerbal Space Program: Voyage 1969
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:26:31 PM by Masked Mini-Moe »

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:14:57 AM »
Oh god. The way that decouplers can break KSP's physics is hilarious.

I made it to Duna!

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
I am mucking around with the game, and I landed on the Mun and Minmus (I screwed up with timewarp on Minmus and killed Jeb there though.) . I am working on going to Duna or Eve. Also, Runedevros, What mods did you use for Duna rock sampling?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:06:42 AM by Shrinkon »