Author Topic: TinT the touhou band. Looking for band mates  (Read 3066 times)

reycall

• come for the bullets stay for the music
TinT the touhou band. Looking for band mates
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
All right how is every one? I am good thank you very much. I am darn new to the site and have not had the time to look over all the boards to see if a thread like this one exists or if this thread even belongs on this board, but I digress. My purpose for starting this thread is to start an IRL touhou cover band. there are so many groups out their like: xi-on, iron attack, SOUND HOLIC and many more that do awesome covers. I really love the touhou music and really want to try a band out.

I?ve been planning to call the band TinT, obviously that it?s suppose sound like TNT but the two T?s stand for Touhou in Toronto (lol lack of imagination alert). So if you live in the grater Toronto area or want to come from far away and be part of the band tell me.

Frankly I don?t care if you?re a master or an absolute beginner, any one is welcomed as long as you want to play your in

I typically play lead guitar. im good but there is still improvent to be made

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: TinT the touhou band. Looking for band mates
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:39 AM »
I am darn new to the site and have not had the time to look over all the boards to see if a thread like this one exists or if this thread even belongs on this board, but I digress.

It would have helped, though! :P

I'll move this down to the art forum for you.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »
Sounds interesting. I don't live in the GTA YET, but I will be in that area once college rolls around. I've got quite a bit of experience in piano/keyboard, and have learned a bit of guitar and bass, but all the instruments I currently have are either acoustic or junk from almost ten years ago with instrument sounds that make the default MIDI-based instruments on Vista sound nice. I haven't been part of a band before, but I thought that'd be pretty fun to do during college and stuff.

In short, I'd like to join, but I need to gear up and stuff, and probably won't be able to play all that much until September rolls around.

On that note, weren't you the guy that was playing in the hallway after the Touhou Panel at AN? You were pretty good, especially considering you were given impromptu requests!

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
junk from almost ten years ago with instrument sounds that make the default MIDI-based instruments on Vista sound nice
What are you saying there? The Windows and Mac default MIDI sounds are as low as you can go (highly compressed and low-quality samples from Roland's excellent SC-55 module).

Though I would like to know if any of that "junk" consists of MIDI modules (particluarly Yamaha MUs and Roland Sound Canvases).

Ontopic edit: I'm nowhere near Toronto (nor will I be for the foreseeable future) so can't join.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:10:29 PM by HARU Channel Syndications »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »
What are you saying there? The Windows and Mac default MIDI sounds are as low as you can go (highly compressed and low-quality samples from Roland's excellent SC-55 module).

Though I would like to know if any of that "junk" consists of MIDI modules (particluarly Yamaha MUs and Roland Sound Canvases).

Ontopic edit: I'm nowhere near Toronto (nor will I be for the foreseeable future) so can't join.
Whoa, hold the phone. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone by that statement. It was just an opinion on the sound quality of my keyboard, and quite frankly, most of the instruments don't sound all that close to that which they claim to be. The default MIDI sounds on Vista actually give you the idea that you're listening to a distortion guitar when the instrument sound selected is "Distortion Guitar", though granted, it sounds like it's from the early Megaman X games. The keyboard sound for the same instrument doesn't really match up, and doesn't have the distortion vibe to it.

We're not gonna start an argument on this, are we? :ohdear:

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
Whoa, hold the phone. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone by that statement. It was just an opinion on the sound quality of my keyboard, and quite frankly, most of the instruments don't sound all that close to that which they claim to be. The default MIDI sounds on Vista actually give you the idea that you're listening to a distortion guitar when the instrument sound selected is "Distortion Guitar", though granted, it sounds like it's from the early Megaman X games. The keyboard sound for the same instrument doesn't really match up, and doesn't have the distortion vibe to it.

We're not gonna start an argument on this, are we? :ohdear:
No, there'll be no arguement over this :)

Not surprised that the instruments aren't accurate at all. I take it they are based on FM or LM synthesis, or have really bad wavetables (or mixed synth + wave).

Speaking of "MSGS guitar close to Megaman X", it wouldn't be surprising at all if the original songs used the SC-55 Distortion Guitar, since many games back then were written with that synth in mind and the MSGS is based of the SC-55 wavetable (just not very well done at that :P).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Netwarrior

• Yeah that's a very pleasant attitude to have
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »
This would surely be very cool!
But I'm don't know how to play any instrument (although I know some things on singing) and I live very very very far from Toronto (a few tens of meters away of this place).

BUT I'm not useless!
I'm making a Touhou + Guitar Hero crossover game, and I would gladly accept any music made by a Touhou band like TinT (more precisely, I >NEED< a rock band to make some musics for the game, specially a Progressive Metal remix of Cosmic Mind with Vocals).
When a child dies, we call the corpse an ADULT.

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 01:49:33 PM »
Awwww your only takin locals =o? Your a couple thousand miles shy of havin yourself a rhythm guitar xD

reycall

• come for the bullets stay for the music
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
Awwww your only takin locals =o? Your a couple thousand miles shy of havin yourself a rhythm guitar xD

hey if you whant to come down and join please do so