Author Topic: [WC3 - DotS] General discussion thread I  (Read 558172 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: 东方幻想乡[D]efense [o]f [t]he [S]hrines (DotS, WC3)
« Reply #900 on: March 04, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »
Vicviper fixed the poll. 10 votes allowed to cast. Votes can be changed. 10 days until closure.

I casted my top 10. Basically they are similar to the ones explained on page 22 or w/e (forgot exact page #)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #901 on: March 04, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »
Okay, so since we're allowed to add more, in addition to what I said above.

Rumia: *Insert what Tanaka said here*

Cirno: Her slow lasts forever, and then another day on top of that.

Nue: I don't like how she has both EXP gain AND cooldown reset on her passive.

I'm too lazy to write more indepth.

EDIT: orz
I forgot about Tewi.

Tewi: I don't mind her that much EXCEPT for her orb. That orb does some crazy damage, man. Would also be nice if her mines were actually pickups instead of proximity, but oh well I guess.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:45:57 PM by Caedo »

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #902 on: March 04, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »
I forgot about Alice. After she reaches lv16, you can summon a 24-doll-army in the healing spot quickly and you can crush your opponents easily with that. If the dolls are destroyed you can summon them again as long as you have mana. Her skills have 0 cooldown which is the cause of it. I think a 3-sec cooldown for her skills should be made

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #903 on: March 04, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »
Summoning her 3rd dolls in the fountain is a waste of time.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #904 on: March 04, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »
Summoning her 3rd dolls in the fountain is a waste of time.
I know that, they can't move. The 24-doll army that I mentioned consisted of 12 of the 1st dolls and 12 of the 2nd dolls

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #905 on: March 04, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »
Right.
I can't count.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #906 on: March 04, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
Youmu Konpaku #1
STR: 19 (+1.8 )
AGI: 26 (+2.7)
INT: 15 (+1.5)

Senbonzakura - Why is the cooldown at Lv4... seven seconds? Yes, it used to be five seconds, but 7 seconds still isn't much better. The fact that it can also curve slightly and the 1000 cast range is also further increasing its insane utility, not to mention it hurts a lot and only costs 85 mana. There's really not much else to be said about this skill. It's fucking amazing and is godlike, it's one of the skills that makes Youmu one of the best killers in the entire game.

Rise from Delusion - It stacks with Corruption for some reason, so getting Melon Blade will make Youmu's attacks at Lv4 Delusion remove 40 armor from you in just four attacks. She's an AGI type hero, so she will reach insane ASPD very fast, allowing her to instantly slice you up and kill you. If the skill had a hard cap on its armor reduction, or was changed to work similar to Slardar/Pestilence's Amplify Damage/Swarm, it might be more balanced, but the skill at the moment is just insane.

Myon - One question will explain this: Why does Myon also have Delusion's effect?

Slash of Eternity - Superhuman scaling nuke. Probably one of the best in the game in terms of scaling, though Byakuren's MP% nuke also compares very well. By the way, Youmu's invulnerable when she uses the skill and it uses the Transformation trigger, so she can dodge stuns and nukes and the like. :colonveeplusalpha:

Youmu is one of the strongest carries in the entire game, and this should be obvious to those who faced back's Youmu as they were probably completely decimated by insane spamming of Senbonzakura and a clever item build centralizing on Youmu's insane armor debuff and her above-average STR growth for an agility hero. Her skills synergize too well and the fact her skills on their own are already insanely strong further compound her infuriating godliness. I really like Youmu as a character, but in this game, she's just way too overpowered.

Wriggle Nightbug #2
STR: 18 (+1.9)
AGI: 26 (+2.85)
INT: 16 (+1.25)

Firefly Phenomenon - Underrated skill. It's an excellent buff that turns pretty much Wriggle and all her minions into walking Tengu Detectors for 20 seconds. In key pushes and clashes in a Sub Doll dominated metagame, this skill is definitely stronger than most people make it out to be.

Nightbug Tornado - Basically Locust Swarm. It's an excellent parasitic pseudo-nuke that helps Wriggle's earlygame IMMENSELY. This would already be strong if Wriggle were melee, but since she's ranged, this skill is just downright insane, especially with Wriggle's less than desirable HP count compared to some other heroes. Furthermore, she can use this skill for clutch and twitch comebacks/reversals.

Insect Storm (450 HP, 12 Armor, [Burrow: Similar to Ladder Burrow, but passively increases armor by 8]) - Insanely spammable, the bugs can be used as harass tools, farming tools, map control tools, the amount of control bugs provide is absolutely insane. A group of 3~5 beetles can take on lesser neutral spawns on their own and a full 8 beetle group can give a Lv8+ neutral camp a hard time even due to their tough armor! Sure, their base damage is relatively low, but 8 of them harassing you can be a chore. Not to mention 35 mana cost...

Hermit of an Endless Night - For fuck's sake, devs, when did you think it was a good idea to make Wriggle's fade time 0.3 seconds? Christ Almighty.

Wriggle has a solid game all-around and her ultimate certainly doesn't help matters for her opponents. Her Nightbug Tornado skill is amazing for keeping her HP up, and can help her to gain a first blood or a cheap reversal or revenge kill in tight situations. The deceptively large AoE bolsters this. Insect Storm also provides Wriggle with avenues to farm and to harass aside from the fact she is also ranged. With clever play, she can trap enemies between her insects and kill them with impunity. Wriggle's ultimate is the kicker, though, as the 0.3 fade time at Lv16 makes her unstoppable without a Tengu Detector. Beware the insect of the night, for she will ruin your shit completely with everything at her disposal.

Nue #3
To be written

Tewi #4
To be written

Koishi #5
To be written

Byakuren #6
To be written
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:43:04 PM by Fraulein Trancell »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #907 on: March 04, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
Okay I fixed my vote I voted for Nue, Mokou, Aya, Tewi, Youmu, Flandre, Wriggle, Rumia and Koishi.

Well I thought I did but I need to fix it again :/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:36:49 PM by Rikterson »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #908 on: March 04, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »
May I do the poll in the br DotS thread as well?
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #909 on: March 04, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »
What no one mentioned koa? Also trance i dont think watermelon and youmus passive stack. Iirc it only stacks if someone with watermelon attacks.

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #910 on: March 04, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »
What no one mentioned koa? Also trance i dont think watermelon and youmus passive stack. Iirc it only stacks if someone with watermelon attacks.

I mentioned Koakuma in my post :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #911 on: March 04, 2011, 01:43:35 PM »
What no one mentioned koa?

Gank Koakuma more, seriously.

« Reply #912 on: March 04, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »
iku eiki medicine yamame letty flandre tewi wriggle rumia koishi

I wish I could elaborate the ones outside of the "Obvious 4"

« Reply #913 on: March 04, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »
Ganks dont work because of lol slows, if you've ever seen dular or anyone play koa you would know that her stacked slows are very strong.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #914 on: March 04, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
Ganks dont work because of lol slows, if you've ever seen dular or anyone play koa you would know that her stacked slows are very strong.

Not always... I play Koakuma often, actually.

Only time Koakuma is safe from a gank with Pyro/Order is at the tower...

Using Dular's skill order, you don't have Chain at all so the slow is really not long enough to maintain a safe escape... Furthermore, there are ganking heroes that don't really give a two-shits about Koakuma. She's also insanely squishy and stuns instantly tear her in half.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #915 on: March 04, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »

Koa's biggest weakness probably is ganking. Momiji can troll Koa hard what with the long stun and the wolves, and how Koa has quite low HP.

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #916 on: March 04, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
Koa is insanely weak against dashing/blinking skills, such as Youmu and whatnot.  She could probably dash and ult and I'd be dead.

The reason I make Koa OP is because I always increase my awareness as her because I KNOW she is super squishy, and always check the map to make sure that heroes are not missing, and I always make sure to lane against heroes that don't have any 'rar I kill you from far away' or 'rar I'm next to you now!' abilities.  Even at end game and most characters have near 3000hp, I typically only have about 1900, even with some hp boosting items.  The term 'glass cannon/support' rings true with her.

Strategy!

On a side note, Alice isn't as OP as one would imagine.  Maybe if you have mad micro skills she becomes a threat, but to an average person?  I have trouble managing 25 units and watching Alice underneath all that garbage, not to mention that AoE moves shut her down pretty easy and she herself can't do anything of notice, only her dolls.  Her 'ultimate' so to speak typically leave all her Shanghai Dolls who knows where and is only useful in big crowded areas, and you ever control 25 units?  Not that easy.

My votes are fairly consistent with everyone else, but I'm adding Komachi.  Too battle-worthy and 50% insta kill is way too high in my opinion, a decrease to 35% is good enough I think, and I'm not entirely sold on the 'Koishi is OP' thing.  Too many obvious counters(Slow/Stun/magic nuke) is enough to mess her up or at least weaken her a lot.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:48:59 PM by Dular »

« Reply #917 on: March 04, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »
If gank more was the solution why not just gank youmu flan koishi rumia and wriggle more... yea she has low hp, but that once her slow hits you you're more or less standing still along with your whole team, its just as bad as letty and medicine, except koa can deal large amount of damage with her spammable spells. Also having her spells being able to bounce off her self is such bs also

« Reply #918 on: March 04, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
Someone know the changes in the 0.959b version?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #919 on: March 04, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
Someone know the changes in the 0.959b version?
Nobody knows yet :V until someone translated the changelog. We can only wait.

TranceHime, could you give us indication of the following skills?

Kisume

passive

Yamame new

GENJI VS HISOU TENSOKU
[attach=1]

Hisou Tensoku has 2000 HP  225-275 attack, 20 armour. Probably double the speed of Genji. Melee with splash dmg.

TWO HISOUTENSOKU
[attach=2]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:02:07 PM by Helepolis »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »
Nobody knows yet :V until someone translated the changelog. We can only wait.
Please wait warmly, translating now.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2011, 09:09:29 PM »
0.958k -> 0.959b CHANGELOG

BUG FIXES
-Shitload of bugfixes I can't be bothered translating.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
-Moriya skill: HISOUTENSOKU added.
-Hakurei skill: GREAT BORDER added.
-something about bounties
-something about melee creep hp
-something about ranged creep hp
-something about creeps
-something about melee creep hp gain
-something about ranged creep hp gain
-something about creeps increasing exp given with hp gained
-Reviving your character now costs faith as well as gold.

HERO CHANGES
-Flandre's STR changed from 15+1.25 -> 18+1.5  Flandre's INT changed from 18+1.5 -> 15+1.25
-Flandre no longer does reduced damage to buildings.
-Flandre's Four of a Kind damage reduced from 20/30/40/50% -> 12/18/24/30%. MP cost reduced from 60/100/140/180 -> 40/80/120/160
-Flandre's damage increase from Leviathan decreased from 15/25/35/45 -> 10/15/20/25
-Flandre's Leviathan success rate changed from 30/45/60/75% -> 100%. MS-12%/ASPD-10% -> MS/ASPD-12%
-Flandre's And then there were none critical rate changed from 3/5/7 -> 3/4.5/6
-Youmu's Thousand Cherry Blossoms range changed from 1000 -> 700/800/900/1000. Damage increased from 50/70/90/110 -> 50/80/110/140
-Youmu's Rise from Delusion chance changed from 50/65/85/100% -> 100%
-Youmu's Rise from Delusion armor reduction reduced from 4 -> 0.75/1.5/2.25/3. Myon has a 50% chance to reduce armor.
-Youmu's Rise from Delusion creates 10/15/20/25 extra physical damage. Armor reduction limit changed from 60 -> 6/12/18/24
-Youmu's Slash of Eternity base damage changed from 100/200/270 -> 90/180/270
-Youmu's Slash of Eternity AGI multiplier changed from 3.4/4.6/5.2 -> 3.2/4.2/5.2
-Youmu's Slash of Eternity cooldown changed from 130/100/70 -> 100/85/70
-Yukari's Quadruple Border time changed from 2/3/4/5seconds -> 1/2/3/4seconds
-Yukari's Semi Bordered Flying Object cooldown increased from 3seconds -> 4seconds
-Tewi's Great Fortune Crest mHP% reduced from 1/2/3/4 -> 0.75/1.5/2.25/3
-Tewi's Lucky Inaba chance to activate increased from 33% -> 36%
-Tewi's Lucky Inaba reduction increased from 11/22/33% -> 12/24/36%
-REISEN UDONGEIN INABA CHARACTER REVAMP
-Komachi's souls can no longer be destroyed.
-Komachi's souls lose 1hp/sec -> When Komachi is in range the HP will be transferred to her.
-Shizuha's Falling Leaves of Madness damage increased from 50 -> 50/65/80
-Shizuha's Falling Leaves of Madness duration increased from 6/7/8seconds -> 8/11/14seconds
-Minoriko's Apple base heal increased from 50/75/100/125 -> 100/150/200/250
-Minoriko's Apple % heal decreased from 5/10/15/20% -> 2.5/5/7.5/10%
-Yamame has lost 6 legs.
-YAMAME CHARACTER REVAMP TO COMPENSATE FOR LOSS OF LEGS
-KISUME ADDED AS A CHARACTER
-Yuugi gained passive "Retuning home: The roar of the Atonement" (Yes, google translate for names sucks)
-UTSUHO DID NOT HAVE A MAJOR CHARACTER REVAMP. SHE HAS HAD A SEMI-MAJOR REVAMP.
-Murasa's boat cooldown changed from 100s -> 60s from when the boat died.
-Murasa's boat HP increased from 600/800/1000 -> 600/900/1200
-Murasa's boat armor changed from 0/3/6 -> 0/5/10
-Murasa's Eternally Anchored Ghost Ship damage changed from 400 -> 300/500
-Murasa's boat permanent etheral -> 6second active skill with 30second cooldown. (Can someone check this for meConfirmed by Hele)
-Byakuren's Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple damage decreased from 175/250/325/400 -> 125/200/275/350
-Byakuren's Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple area damage decreased from 100/150/200/250 -> 90/120/160/200
-Byakuren's Legendary Flying Saucer cooldown increased from 14/13/12/11seconds -> 17/16/15/14seconds

ITEM CHANGES
-NEW ITEM ADDED: KAPPA'S ASSAULT PISTOL
-NEW ITEM ADDED: WING OF A PHEONIX
-Portable Bento charges reduced from 15 -> 12
-Delicious Bento charges reduced from 20 -> 18
-Luxurious Bento charges reduced from 25 -> 24
-Scythe multiplier reduced from 0.15 -> 0.13

DONE
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:17:33 PM by Caedo »

« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
well we got what we wanted... a moriya genji thing... also how was reisen skill change?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #923 on: March 04, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »
-Hakurei skill: GREAT BORDER added.
What's it do?

-Reviving your character now costs faith as well as gold.
Oh man this makes me feel really uncomfortable about buying out...

-Komachi's souls can no longer be destroyed.
-Komachi's souls lose 1hp/sec -> When Komachi is in range the HP will be transferred to her.
This is a pretty neat addition, even if she didn't need it. Sounds cool for laning.

-Yamame has lost 6 legs.
Holy shit, going from 8 -> 2 legs is a huge fucking nerf. Why do the devs hate Yamame so much?

« Reply #924 on: March 04, 2011, 11:05:29 PM »
actually losing those 6 legs im sure makes her look less fat :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #925 on: March 04, 2011, 11:11:19 PM »
What's it do?
It is same as Moriya thunder.

Holy shit, going from 8 -> 2 legs is a huge fucking nerf. Why do the devs hate Yamame so much?
She became more sexy.

Ps a quote from LuckyCharat who translated an interesting piece over at DS. Thought I should share it here as well. Most of them are interesting for people who are not familiar with certain mechanism.

Quote from: LuckyCharat
So anyhow, common misconceptions: (brought to you by FieXieZuiGao, last time I did a phail translation so it's hard to read.)

1: A lot of new players think Youmu's first item should be PAD, but in actuality, a Red/Green Llama is better

2: A lot of new players think Magician's Hat is not useful, it is as expensive as GHGM but it couldn't control opponents at all. In actuality, Magician's Hat is a powerful item. Use it to save yourself and cancel out Yuyuko's, Sakuya's, Yuugi's, Iku's, China's or Nue's ultimate. Most importantly you can cast it on yourself and even your allies. It also removes any debuffs(Invulnerability), making it an item that can answer to a lot of problematic enemy skills.

3: A lot of new players also thinks cards are annoying to use, however a Poor Girl's Card burns your enemy target's MP and HP by 100, while recoving 100MP to yourself. A card that gives you 100MP and costs 70 is in fact, more useful that Scarlet Mansion Tea, which it can also be dispeled easily.
Good Girl Cards are for characters with high movement speed, e.g. Aya.
Bad Girl Cards are for characters with low movement speed, e.g. Utsuho, Yuugi.
Maiden in Love Cards are used in early game for characters that has gradual, non-instant HP recovery skills.
Flandre should use Bad Girl Cards, despite having high movement speed.

4: A lot of people only uses Drizzle(MP Rain) and nothing else.
Tip - using one Scarlet Mist (Lifesteal Weather) in early gave saves valuable money for DPS characters - they don't have to aim for a PAD anymore (unless you don't last hit well).
Typhoon Weather is to be used when the opponent team is wiped to offensively and quickly push enemy towers.
Spring Haze Weather must be used when your own team is wiped, 5000 Armor towers and buildings will almost never drop their HP while the weather is active. Go and protect them after your team revives and before the weather ends.

5: In DotS, towers are far more important than getting kills. Aim for towers first.

6: Xinhua Businessmen have a 10% MS Aura, HP Regen Aura and even True Sight. However the real deal here is that this item lets anyone become a jungle assasin. Combine this with Bloody Parasol to push towers really fast. Do note that Businessmen do not split when they attack buildings and all of them die when the CD for the item is almost up.

7: Shikieiki's and Sanae's R can remove GHGM debuffs. Shikieiki's Yama Mirror Image can be removed by dispeling it and also be eaten by Genji towers.

8: Remiilia's F gives her temporary Invulnerability, but it also "moves" Remilia. THis means that if you moved for 200 distance after getting hit by Yuugi's ultimate and you then use F, Remilia will die, but the bats still stays.

9: Yuyuko's ultimate can be cancelled immediately after the damage starts calculating, however there's hardly no damage if canceled in this case.

10: 3D Escapades can also be used on your allies efficient, e.g. when Youmu uses her ultimate on your ally, if you 3D your teammate fast enough, Youmu's W deals no damage because it is a Physical Spell.

11: Yatagarasu is very powerful in early game when you lack mana.

12: DPS weapons are fake DPS weapons in DotS, Myon Balloon counters all of them, except Shinigami's Scythe. This is also why Shinigami's Scythe is the true DPS item.

13: Koishi should get Donation Box and Gray Llama first, then get Frozen Frog, games have proven that 25 minutes into the game with 0 kills can achieve this, which is more worth it than Lunar Rabbit Illusion Weapon.

14: If you can't aim Remilia's spear properly at all, you might as well not learn it. Maining Bats and Secondary Lifesteal for Remilia is also an alternative playing style.

15: If you control Alice and your enemies have a not of Area of Effect attacks, you shouldn't be stubborn with the New England setup. The Shanghai setup is way better in this case.

16: Reisen is actually a character that you should only have 1 level for DFW and max out R and Stats.

17: Yuyuko and Reisen's ultimate's only use in the early game is to kill Ancient Neutrals.

18: Ranged characters can get out 2 waves of ancient neutrals if they stand far enough. If supporters on Early Game are not busy then they can use this method to gather masses of neutrals, using Momiji's wolves, Wriggle's beetles used by an experienced person can pull out crazy amounts of neutral creeps, kill them all and filthy money get.

19: If you want to pull Neutrals, if you see Thicondrius among the neutrals, pull him first, otherwise a Sleep to you resets all neutral creep's aggro and you have to pull all over again.

20: Internet Addiction Eliminator automatically removes your MP bar if your MP is less than 900, regardless if you have items that add MP.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:21:37 PM by Helepolis »

Captain Infinity

« Reply #926 on: March 05, 2011, 03:01:46 AM »
NOTE

Version 959b appears to be rather buggy and causing A LOT of game lag (i.e. screen froze for everyone for about 30s + every minute or so and kept getting worse) and as we haven't figured out what causes it, people should keep this in mind.

Other bugs include Reisen doing infinite damage with her clones (according to Rizock) and her also permanently slowing enemies, and Utsuho's presence creates a blank icon on enemy heroes.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #927 on: March 05, 2011, 03:10:04 AM »
Her clones seemed to be doing normal damage when I used her.
However, her F skill looks horribly, horribly bugged. (Read: 3hko at level 2 as well as absurdly long slows.)

No idea about the the lag you're talking about, I haven't experienced it.
The Korean community has a post about Okuu causing lag at the 2m mark, but iunno.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #928 on: March 05, 2011, 04:13:55 AM »
Her clones seemed to be doing normal damage when I used her.
However, her F skill looks horribly, horribly bugged. (Read: 3hko at level 2 as well as absurdly long slows.)

No idea about the the lag you're talking about, I haven't experienced it.
The Korean community has a post about Okuu causing lag at the 2m mark, but iunno.

Ask Sodium, PX, Stuffman, Panda, Rizock, Hero999 or whoever else was playing, we experienced massive game lag.

The hero roster was something like this:

Hakurei
Wriggle
Flandre
Suika
Nazrin

Moriya
Yamame
Kisume
Utsuho
Someone else I don't remember

« Reply #929 on: March 05, 2011, 08:55:24 AM »
Ask Sodium, PX, Stuffman, Panda, Rizock, Hero999 or whoever else was playing, we experienced massive game lag.

The hero roster was something like this:

Hakurei
Wriggle
Flandre
Suika
Nazrin

Moriya
Yamame
Kisume
Utsuho
Someone else I don't remember

I think post 88 in this thread http://www.touhou.cc/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=27767&extra=page%3D1&page=5 says that Flandre's images cause massive lag when they die...