Author Topic: Looking for touhou video/manga/whatever reccomendations  (Read 5312 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Looking for touhou video/manga/whatever reccomendations
« on: May 08, 2010, 01:55:18 AM »
What title says, preferably non nsfw material, but will if people agree that particular one is outstanding. I'm particularly interested in my fave characters: remi,flan,patchy (general sdk stuff should work, as long as it doesn't focus on china). I also like yuyu (don't car much for stories about her being hungry though), kaggy (no excessive help me Eiriiiiiiiin please),Marisa, and kanako (final bosses represent).

Re: Looking for touhou video/manga/whatever reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 03:50:29 AM »
Patchun-Milk.

Or something.

HEH.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 04:09:28 AM »
preferably non nsfw material
Patchun-Milk.
Nice post bro.

Are there any genres you like? Romance? Slice-of-life? Action? Tohonifun has some quality doujins out if you're into action-y stuff, Gensokyo.org has most of Tohonifun's work translated on it. Their latest one, Touhou Jenga Madness, is particularly awesome. Features the SDM and is absolutely hilarious. Not really sure what else to recommend without knowing what kind of stuff you'd like to read/watch/etc.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 04:11:09 AM by Naut »

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 04:15:04 AM »
... It was a sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell from "HEH" later in that post.

Anyways, I believe some Doujins from Millet Soup had great art and funny story.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Millet_Soup

The one about Cirno (Genius comes when you least expect) is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 04:17:19 AM by Bernkastel »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 05:38:08 AM »
Are there any genres you like? Romance? Slice-of-life? Action? Tohonifun has some quality doujins out if you're into action-y stuff, Gensokyo.org has most of Tohonifun's work translated on it. Their latest one, Touhou Jenga Madness, is particularly awesome. Features the SDM and is absolutely hilarious. Not really sure what else to recommend without knowing what kind of stuff you'd like to read/watch/etc.

I've never read a single manga or watched a single anime in my life. I'm not very interested for Touhou either. I just figure it might be a way to learn about some of my fave characters. Sometimes I read info on the wiki about them that makes me wonder wtf that came from.

so I don't really know, sorry. If my tastes in manga are similar to my tastes in regular fiction. I generally like stuff with alot of drama (not the romance kind, like the this series made you know and love this character for 5 books, only to get brutally murdered, along with his wife and children in the 6th book, along with 4 other of your fave characters >=p) and politics. I can't really see how that really applies to Touhou though.

I imagine action isn't as interesting to me. I mean I never really got into superhero comics as a kid, I don't know if that's the same thing.

sorry if that sounds hard. I'm hoping for a quasi-interesting way to learn about some of my fave characters, even if I don't exactly enjoy the fiction itself otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:41:08 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:46:54 PM »
... It was a sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell from "HEH" later in that post.

Anyways, I believe some Doujins from Millet Soup had great art and funny story.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Millet_Soup

The one about Cirno (Genius comes when you least expect) is pretty awesome.
The one where Cirno figured out pi's exact value?

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 11:46:11 PM »
Yes. I really liked that one.

Cirno gets some respect, for once.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
Anal Devil Seduction

err... I mean, well, basically any WiZ Garage doujin.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
Unofficial Gensokyo Guide Book by FLIPFLOPS
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Drake

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
SSiB and other official works, no matter what anyone else says.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »
Unofficial Gensokyo Guide Book by FLIPFLOPS

This sounds interesting... I mean I'll take a peek at all the suggestions but this one sounds like it's a bitter way to learn moar stuff

SSiB and other official works, no matter what anyone else says.

You know, I was going to do just this a few weeks ago, and figured it must have an english translation better than those weird table-thingies found on the wiki. But then I had to go and I completely forgot about it, thanks for reminding me. I suppose Gensokyo.org would be the place to find "good" translations?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »
Just wanted to drop a friendly lil reminder to feel free to provide titles - hell, drop as many titles as you can think of, this is a good topic - but please, to be on the safe side both legally and logistically, DO NOT provide links, whether DDL or torrents. Thanks!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
Can anyone suggest a couple of good doujinshi about our favorite Higan duo?
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses