Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 211835 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #630 on: October 25, 2019, 02:44:45 AM »
Woah, is it just me or is Mecha Eli a great unit? She reminds me a lot of Passionlip and I'm a biiiig fan of Passionlip. They might even work great together, Passionlip loves stars and Mecha Eli is a star machine. Passionlip+Victor of the Moon, Mecha+2030, Merlin+2030 seems pretty potent. Especially if you keep an Amadeus tucked away in the back line. Which I always do.  :D
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #631 on: October 25, 2019, 03:20:39 AM »
Yeah, Mecha-Liz is actually really good. Her NP damage is great, sitting right at ~91k without outside buffs, which is only 3k less than Lu Bu's average, with the bonus of not being a complete glass cannon who dies quickly after his one NP. When factoring supports and CEs the expected damage should be a fair bit higher but I can't math right now, not unrealistic for Lu Bu to hit 160-200k though so Mecha-Liz should be in that ballpark too

Against casters she does have some f2p competition in Kintoki or Ushi, but against riders or assassins she's pretty much the strongest f2p option, and being able to take care of mixed nodes is nice too. She outdamages some NP1 SSRs even, besides those with the obvious advantage like Jack against females or Medb against males.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:23:37 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #632 on: October 25, 2019, 06:12:58 AM »
Bear in mind when spending your SQ/Tickets that Salem comes MUCH sooner when compared to the gap between Agartha and Shimosa.  It should release somewhere in late November.

Don't get fooled by the Chapter Release Summoning banner.  Skip it.  The banner everyone wants is Banner #2, which should become available in early/mid December.

- - - - -

Mecha-Liz stuff

And the funny thing is, you can get two of her.  Get one Mecha Liz this year, and get the other one in next year's Re-Run.  Mki and MkII are considered separate characters.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 06:19:50 AM by Aya Reiko »

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #633 on: October 25, 2019, 12:02:18 PM »
This event's story has actually been unexpectedly interesting so far. It takes the standard ramped-up-to-11-silliness of a Lizard Halloween event and adds on legit exploration of Lizard as a character. I didn't think Type-Moon had it in them.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #634 on: October 27, 2019, 05:11:51 AM »
Meanwhile, in Japan... Space Ishtar (Saber class).

Oh, and Saber Wars II.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #635 on: October 29, 2019, 10:18:22 AM »
So Space Ishtar is actually an Avenger.... uh... hm. In before (a theoretical) Space Eresh is somehow a Moon Cancer, just to continue the class trends.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #636 on: October 30, 2019, 05:16:45 PM »
Beat the Challenge Quest with Sherlock (KScope), Liz (MLB Sumo), and Support Merlin in about 8 turns.  Had no idea Liz could deal THAT much damage.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #637 on: October 30, 2019, 08:31:23 PM »
I cheesed it with Enkidu/Mash/support Merlin because I am a coward. I even accidentally brought the wrong mystic code to the fight and it didn't remotely matter.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

« Reply #638 on: October 30, 2019, 11:07:21 PM »
I might go for a "proper" run later, but I took one look at his HP values and his defense buffing on break, and I knew what I had to do to completely cheese it.

https://youtu.be/p8Bn4aa8HyA

Sorry crime papa, I've gotta get back to farming, no time for this business right now  :derp:

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #639 on: October 31, 2019, 01:27:49 AM »
rofl rude
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #640 on: November 01, 2019, 03:45:05 AM »
Some notes on the Babylonia Missions:

* Most of Fuyuki counts for Burning field,  Pick a spot and blaze through it w/ your best zerkers.
* Bourdeux and Thiers counts as wild beasts  and dragons enemies respectively.  Also both are Forest fields.
* Event Scarecrows counts as ghosts.  Pack a rate up CE.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #641 on: November 12, 2019, 08:18:29 AM »
Santa Jalter Event is back...

..or it would be, except maintenance is now currently set to end at TBA.

(I've got enough golden apples already. Over 200 in fact.  I'll take more apologems though.)

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #642 on: November 12, 2019, 01:13:01 PM »
Hour 5, still out. NA Twitter says it's because of Apple not having their shit together. Looks like the Twitter fanbase by and large believes them and is angry at Apple, which is honestly a bit surprising given how toxic FGO Twitter can be, but I suppose there's no reason to doubt it.

I had never heard an English nickname for JDASL before the leadup to this event and was disappointed to learn it's apparently Jailter? Admittedly clever, but still gross. :( I much prefer my own creation of J-Dazzle, even though my wife hates it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:19:05 PM by Suwako Moriya »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #643 on: November 12, 2019, 01:34:05 PM »
My coworkers call her Janta. Admittedly kind of niche, but isn't this her only form?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #644 on: November 12, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »
Hour 5, still out. NA Twitter says it's because of Apple not having their shit together. Looks like the Twitter fanbase by and large believes them and is angry at Apple, which is honestly a bit surprising given how toxic FGO Twitter can be, but I suppose there's no reason to doubt it.

I had never heard an English nickname for JDASL before the leadup to this event and was disappointed to learn it's apparently Jailter? Admittedly clever, but still gross. :( I much prefer my own creation of J-Dazzle, even though my wife hates it.
It's been extended all the way to 6 pm PST according to the official website.  Suffice to say, it'll cutting it close for those of us looking to maintain our login streaks.

JASL is also known as either Jeanne Santa, Jeanne Lily, or Starbucks for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 05:01:54 PM by Aya Reiko »

« Reply #645 on: November 12, 2019, 09:28:32 PM »
Count me another one on-board the Janta team, it's cute and quick and simple and not such a poor nickname as Jailter. Sadly on the grandorder.wiki though, the only quick and convenient redirect to her page seems to be Jailter, as Janta does absolutely nothing when tossed into the searchbox and Jeanne Lily finds the page as top result but doesn't auto redirect to it.

Also Janta has the benefit of not confusing new players who might think one just misspelled Jalter in everyday discussions, so  :derp:

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #646 on: November 12, 2019, 09:34:31 PM »
Janta makes me think of Jeanne Lily wearing denim >_>

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2019, 02:33:58 AM »
Maintenance is extended till 10 pst.  Bye bye streaks.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #648 on: November 13, 2019, 02:52:04 AM »
Fuckin' 'ell.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2019, 03:47:12 AM »
This is one reason why games in general shouldn't take the server down for maintenance at the same time as the daily login reset. If they at least allowed an hour or two of a window to login before posting up maintenance, it wouldn't guarantee a streak break unless it's like a 48 hour maintenance, since you'd already have the login for the day you're unable to play anyways.

But I guess literally nobody in charge thought that would be a good idea for some reason?  :wat:

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #650 on: November 13, 2019, 04:17:48 AM »
Maintenance is done.  Good luck logging in as EVERYBODY is trying to do the same.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #651 on: November 13, 2019, 04:56:48 AM »
Back in. Streaks are all broken. Guess we're getting compensation for the 8 Mil streak breaking, but no news on long-run login streaks.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #652 on: November 13, 2019, 05:10:42 AM »
-Oh hey, the game is back

-Can't log in for an hour because server traffic

-Guess I'll do a few summons

-Oh shit hi Ishtar, WELP

Ishtar was one of my early wants, and Archer was the only core class I didn't have either a 5* or a level 100 4* for. Real happy about that.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #653 on: November 13, 2019, 10:21:31 AM »
Week streaks are most likely dead; total streaks are cumulative, so they've only just lost the day, but RIP for day 1 streakers and people hoping to snipe a banner with that quartz; as long as you still had the streak going, Gramps will recompense you next week (11/20) with all the remaining items in the streak.

Me, I'm saving the quartz for Eresh/Foreigner funds, after my raid on Himeji Castle's attic turned up nothing but NP6 Carmilla and a ton of event CEs, and my raid on the Hassan HQ only turned up Astolfo and an absolute ton of 5* CEs.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:36:13 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #654 on: November 13, 2019, 04:50:26 PM »
Tossed a couple of tix at the Babylonia banner for funzies, landed a shiny new MeduLily.  Saving the rest for Sheba/Abby.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #655 on: November 14, 2019, 04:23:35 AM »
Over at JP, we got some other news
18 million downloads banner! And it's Skadi! But I already had her so not big interest on pulling here.
A new 1k prism shop CE! Mashu on a fancy dress, gives 5% Bond and 5% Master EXP boosts at MLB.
There's also a daily login campaign with 10 tickets at the end, a couple of missions that give 30 quartz, one of each gold fou and a buncha embers as reward.
And another anime celebration campaign that gives a guranteed 4* pick ticket! The new available servants ever since last time are
Spoiler:
Lakshmibai, Prince of Lanling, Ashwatthama, Qing Liangyu, Yu Miaoyi and Astraea.
Finally, we've gotten two announcements:
On late November we'll get a new xmas event, Nightingale's Christmas Carol (Only requires Fuyuki clear)
And Lostbelt 5 on December.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #656 on: November 14, 2019, 02:42:17 PM »
Wow, the ascension materials in the raffle boxes couldn't be better for what I need right now if I hand picked them. My biggest roadblock right now is lores, which seems like a pretty good place to be.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #657 on: November 15, 2019, 02:26:18 AM »
Okay, so this whole time I've been thinking that same-type buffs were multiplicative but different-type buffs were additive. Since most buffs in FGO are pretty small I had been assuming that meant overlapping buffs, especially ATK buffs, were pretty pointless. That hasn't really been what I've been observing in practice though, the difference in damage from, say, overlapping Shuten and Ibaraki's respective Demonic Nature of Oni A skills has been a lot higher than I assumed it would be based on how I thought buff stacking worked. Maybe I'm doing my mental math wrong, but am I wrong about how I thought buffs were stacked?

Also, is damage variable in FGO aside from card order? Will Astolfo's quick cards always do exactly the same damage to the same enemies under the same circumstances or is it like Pokemon where there's a little bit of variance with each attack? I feel like the results haven't been completely consistent, but obviously a lot of factors could go into that.

Oh yeah, and how do CE buffs stack with buffs from skills and NPs? Aerial Drive and Mana Burst A are both worded "increase buster card effectiveness", does that mean they stack additively or multiplicatively? Does Golden Sumo play nice with Charisma?

« Reply #658 on: November 15, 2019, 03:10:04 AM »
Same type buffs (i.e. Charisma and Waver's ATK buff) are additive to each other, and different buff types are multiplicative.

So two 25% ATK buffs total up to 150% damage (assuming a 100% base of course). If you instead had a 25% ATK together with a 25% buster, then buster cards would deal 156% which is slightly better.

It's generally best to have as many different types of buffs as possible, and optimal gains would be adding more of whichever buff type is lowest. In an example of 40 ATK, 30 buster, and 20 NP strength (~218%), if you add 10% more ATK then it would be 234%, adding 10% more buster instead would be 235%, and adding 10% more NP strength instead would be 236%. A small difference, but a meaningful one in the grand scheme of things. If all of those were piled into solely ATK instead of being varied (so 100% ATK) it would just be a measly 200% damage compared to the other potential options.

----------

Damage is variable, yes. The final total of all damage calculations is subject to a plus/minus 10% random multiplier. The difference in damage is much more pronounced at higher amounts since it is a straight multiplier to the final total. Something that calculates to 1 million damage can deal anything from 900k to 1.1mil, a variance of 200k damage. But something that calculates 10k will either do as low as 9k or as high as 11k, only a small 2k difference.

----------

Aerial Drive and Mana Burst would be additive to each other, Golden Sumo would be additive with Charisma. The NP Strength on Aerial Drive is multiplicative with Mana Burst and Charisma, since it's a third buff type altogether, so usually that pulls it ahead of Sumo for specifically buster type NPs.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:13:24 AM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #659 on: November 15, 2019, 03:30:08 AM »
Oooh gotcha, I was assuming the buffs were multiplicative with each other, not the total damage. So I was thinking 1000 damage+(20% ATK)+(20% Buster) would equal 1400 damage, but 1000 damage+(20% ATK * 20% ATK) would equal 1240 damage. That explains why the numbers were ending up a lot higher than I assumed they would be.

I had been intentionally building my teams without too many overlapping ATK buffs but I guess that's pretty pointless after all. Which definitely makes Ishtar better than I thought. And makes Astolfo's ATK boost better than I was giving it credit for being, which is how I realized my math must be wrong. Good to know!