Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208506 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Fate/CCCase Files Order - Round 3
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »
Double post because Rashomon Time!!!!!!

If this is your first time bullying the banana, here's some information on the Raid.

THIS RAID DOES NOT CONSUME AP. REMEMBER TO USE YOUR AP.

You will be facing first a wave of weak enemies (grind NP off of them!), then the oni herself. Ibaraki is always a Berserker, but her two adds - her arms - are a Day-dependent Class; today is Archer, for example, and Day 7 will be Berserker. Note that while their charge gauges and NPs are always the same, their general strategy, buffs, and turn order are all variable depending on the Day.

Ibaraki's NP deals damage, dispels buffs, and inflicts Defense Down - in that order, on a single target - so while Guts is no good, Evade/Invincibility can tank it easily. Note that it will shear off Taunt, which may throw some strategies out of whack.

Left Arm's NP deals damage to and stuns a single target. It's a three-turn NP, so have some way of dealing with it.

Right Arm's NP deals damage to and skill seals everyone. It's relatively weak damage-wise, but it's probably a good idea to make sure that seal isn't going to screw you over.

You have 15 turns to do as much as you can to the oni; die, kill, or survive to add any damage you've dealt to her onto the pile.

There are two major Event CEs; The Wandering Tales of Shana-Oh, available in the shop, give one character a powerful Attack buff; while Golden Captures the Carp, available in the damage ladder, gives the entire party a good Attack buff.

Since there's only one shop currency, all the Gacha CEs increase the amount of it you get.

If you need currency fast, kill the hands before you end a raid battle. If you want to survive as long as possible, avoid attacking the hands at all. You don't want Ibaraki bicycle kicking two people in the head every turn unless she's already about to go down.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:03:24 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2019, 12:59:37 PM »
Some other info, the new 2BP battle with 3 million HP is more efficient for basically everything than the old 3BP battle with 6 million. 3BP will get you damage points faster, but 2BP will get you more of everything else (event currency, skill gems, ascension mats) due to the drop rates.

Currently blasting through 2BP nonstop eating every single riceball they can hand out to me for those sweet, sweet gold archer gems that I need oh so many of. My setup is like such https://i.imgur.com/EWyH3HB.png which is a slightly expensive setup, but it might give some ideas for those who have damage CEs from last year.

Using two gourd drop CEs because I could sacrifice those slots and still have a guaranteed 2-turn setup for 2BP. When it comes to Lancer Hands day, I may swap Gil out with either LArtoria or Drake, but right now he is mopping the floor with them even without class advantage.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'll update the OP with the respective banners and links a little bit later too
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 01:02:11 PM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2019, 02:17:37 PM »
Alright, I think I understand how this works. The rules and scoring and stuff seem pretty clear. What happens if/when we win? Is there some kind of overall grand prize or is it more about the individual prizes?

Serpent jewels serpent jewels serpent jewels serpent jewels!
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »
Mostly about the individual prizes I'd say, this event (well the original run) kind of serves as an introduction to the raid mechanics for the upcoming Onigashima event, which features several bosses like this. And boy oh boy are there lots of nice little prizes in this event that I can't wait to get my grubby hands on. I'm still starved for Daemon Hearts

Though I believe there is a Holy Grail in it too, for any new players who didn't catch the event last year, if we win. Players who participated the first time get a Crystallized Lore.

Edit: I threw a yolo ticket at the banner hoping for Ibaraki or Shuten and I got my 2nd Kaleidoscope out of it  :getdown: nothing else though, I remain without onis once again
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:34:46 PM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2019, 05:01:31 PM »
Can I pull Gorgon from the Ishtar banner even though I don't have her unlocked in the story banner yet? Trying to decide whether I want to spend the stones and tickets I've saved up on the oni banner or wait for Ishtar to be the exclusive focus on her banner again.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2019, 04:19:28 AM »
Can I pull Gorgon from the Ishtar banner even though I don't have her unlocked in the story banner yet? Trying to decide whether I want to spend the stones and tickets I've saved up on the oni banner or wait for Ishtar to be the exclusive focus on her banner again.
Yes. Characters on rate-up are in that banner's pool regardless of whether or not you have them unlocked in the story.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:37:45 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2019, 07:00:16 AM »
Yup, time to bully the Banana.  It actually says so.  No reason to do the 3BP fight anymore.

Also NEW FOUS!  It's gonna take a lot of them to max anyone out again...
(And feeding 32 servants two Fous each was a little tedious...)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2019, 04:19:57 PM »
I'm impressed by how valuable of a debuff Enkidu's Presence Detection is. On paper it seems like a lame use of a skill, but I like how the game tells you when you've successfully blocked a critical hit. Turns out, virtually every attack because most enemies have ridiculous critical hit rates.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2019, 05:13:17 PM »
No reason to do the 3BP fight anymore.

Counterpoint: Never doing the 3BP fight means the (1) will be on the mini banner forever and that is absolutely unacceptable
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2019, 05:21:20 PM »
Oh look guys, Rashomon is giving us out Kintoki Rider early :V

((actually this notification is a baffling misprint, and i just wanted to bring it to attention so new players dont get confused if they receive it too. kintoki isn't coming until the next event))

Counterpoint: Never doing the 3BP fight means the (1) will be on the mini banner forever and that is absolutely unacceptable
you right tho, that (1) is the real boss of this event

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2019, 06:06:27 PM »
dam skippy
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »
Alright, so I got some questions about the raid scoring.

-Should I be combining my event Craft Essences? Or should I be equipping all of my duplicates? Is there a reason to level them up aside from the small stats boost?

-I can reliably kill the one million HP boss and can deal about 2/2.5 million to the three million HP boss. Does actually beating the boss do anything special, or should I always be running the harder one even though I rarely if ever win?

« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
Keep all of your event CEs separate to start out, and what you should do later depends on the CE. Once you have 5 copies of Shana-oh, combine them all together and stick it on your main damage dealer. I wouldn't recommend combining the Golden Carps unless you have too many to equip to your party. In that case, MLB one of them if it wouldn't cause you to have a lower total bonus equipped. (the MLB copy gives 100% compared to a regular copy at 50%)

No change in the event bonus for anything between a regular and an MLB copy, so don't combine anything unless you can go all the way. Don't worry about leveling up the event CEs either, it won't make too big of a difference.

Beating Ibaraki only gives more gourd drops. If you can deal more than 1 million damage, it's best to always run the 3 million node over the 1 million one, as it has better drops in general for the same BP cost and you don't particularly need to kill her. You'll climb the Damage Point ladder faster too, getting you more Golden Carps which means you can deal more damage and get more rewards.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2019, 04:11:06 AM »
Aw man, out of the ~30 pulls I've done so far on the Ishtar banner I've pulled two 4*s, but they were the two non-Gorgon ones. So I got a duplicate Stheno and a Lil' Medua. And about a million Euryales. At one point I got four Euryales in a row. I have way more than enough to max one out now, so does that mean all subsequent ones are completely useless?

Suwako Moriya

Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2019, 04:52:45 PM »
You can burn them for Prisms and QP or sac them to other units for EXP.

FAKE EDIT: Okay, for peeps in the know, when Ibanana's Assassin Day rolls around, who should I trot out for my Caster support servant for others to use, Tamamo or Sanzang? My concern with Tamamo is that her non-offensive NP may hinder sheer damage output (particularly when compared to Sanzang's single-target offensive NP), otherwise this would be a no-brainer.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2019, 02:41:02 AM »
FAKE EDIT: Okay, for peeps in the know, when Ibanana's Assassin Day rolls around, who should I trot out for my Caster support servant for others to use, Tamamo or Sanzang? My concern with Tamamo is that her non-offensive NP may hinder sheer damage output (particularly when compared to Sanzang's single-target offensive NP), otherwise this would be a no-brainer.

While most people would skip over your casters for a Merlin or Waver, my best guess is people would be more willing to try out a Sanzang (with Shana-oh) over Tamamo on this day. People can and do Tamamo stall on other days and you can set Tamamo back after Assassin day.

That's pretty much my mindset on Support setup. If you don't have the Best In Slot option, put in a servant that might pique the interest of a random friend. And that includes leaving LunchTime and MonaLisa CEs on your list if you have them. It's hard to find a LunchTime CE during this event so a few people have been getting all of my AP friend points these few days.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:43:49 AM by Kiro »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2019, 03:46:03 AM »
I also realized that I could just put one in the All slot and the other in the Caster slot so people can pick and choose whichever they like! So I'm doing that instead. JAlter can bump Lip out of the rotation for a day over in the Extra slot.

(Sadly I do not have any Best in Slot options aside from Jack for Rider Day (and JAlter generically I guess). :()
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:48:12 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #227 on: May 25, 2019, 07:02:32 AM »
Current anti-Assassin team:

Illya (Shana), Nitocris (MLB Carp), Support Merlin (MLB Carp), Mash (MLB Carp), Robin Hood (Carp), Scathach (MLB Shana)

Current tactic, Have Nito NP the lot (just as the Left Arm is about to NP), then swap Nito for Scathach.

I just had Shishou GBA the banana for 1.4 million damage.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 07:14:02 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #228 on: May 25, 2019, 10:10:56 AM »
It's honestly a little disturbing how fast we're punting the banana down the road. It's not JP super epic warp speed bulli, but at this pace, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up slamming Day 7 banana into the wall in less than 14 hours.

(Also augh I haven't been spending my jelly filled donuts at all because Deep Dive crate farming/ranking map is taking so much time I still haven't gotten the exos yet because oats farming took two damn weeks)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:24:28 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #229 on: May 25, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »
Needed a good for almost every day team, so I settle for Ishtar, Merlin, Merlin, Leonidas using swap to stack buffs and burst down within 3 turns when Ishtar is back on the field.

Ishtar has Ushi CE, while the rest have Carp CE if i'm doing 6M, or the rest have drop bonus CE if I'm doing 3M.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2019, 02:57:36 AM »
Gil + Merlin + Mash with Wandering Tales on Gil and Golden Catches on everyone else is pretty much letting me crush Ibaraki with no trouble at all, even on the lancer day (Okay, maybe I'm having a little more trouble than usual).

Unfortunately, I feel kinda dependent on those damage buffs, and I don't have enough CEs to MLB any Goldens without losing out on one of those buffs... Any advice?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2019, 01:46:59 AM »
Alright, thanks to the heaps of materials from the nice Oni lady I'm getting to the point where I'm going to be hitting some level caps soonish. How do holy grails work? I know they're limited resources, but what happens when I spend them? It looks like they raise a unit's level cap by ten, is that right?

Right now I'm pretty much sure that I'm going to be using one on Passionlip because she is great, and I'm considering using one on Euryale as well because she's super useful when she's useful. Does that make sense, or would that be a bad investment?

Also I pulled a Jaguar Warrior from the Ishtar banner (which means I have everything featured in it except for the two things I really wanted, Ishtar and Gorgon, but whatever, I'm glad I at least got Lil Medusa and Jaguar) and she seems great. I haven't started leveling her yet but her abilities look fantastic, and I'm badly starved for DPS. I don't know why she's Ms Fujimura aside from the name pun, but Fujimura is great and Fujimura in silly tiger pajamas is even better so... good! I kind of have too many lancers now, but half of them are stupidly niche so I guess that's fine.

« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2019, 02:16:30 AM »
It depends on the unit's current level cap, actually. Normally it is 5 levels per grail, but 1 star units gain 10 levels for their first grail at level 60. Anyone at level 90 or above gains only 2 levels per grail, so the final stretch from 90-100 always takes 5 grails.

In regards to who to use them on, since they are limited resources, most people prefer to grail their favorite servants instead of grailing for gameplay reasons. As long as you really like Lip or Euryale, they wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2019, 06:42:39 AM »
Alright, thanks to the heaps of materials from the nice Oni lady I'm getting to the point where I'm going to be hitting some level caps soonish. How do holy grails work? I know they're limited resources, but what happens when I spend them? It looks like they raise a unit's level cap by ten, is that right?

Right now I'm pretty much sure that I'm going to be using one on Passionlip because she is great, and I'm considering using one on Euryale as well because she's super useful when she's useful. Does that make sense, or would that be a bad investment?

Also I pulled a Jaguar Warrior from the Ishtar banner (which means I have everything featured in it except for the two things I really wanted, Ishtar and Gorgon, but whatever, I'm glad I at least got Lil Medusa and Jaguar) and she seems great. I haven't started leveling her yet but her abilities look fantastic, and I'm badly starved for DPS. I don't know why she's Ms Fujimura aside from the name pun, but Fujimura is great and Fujimura in silly tiger pajamas is even better so... good! I kind of have too many lancers now, but half of them are stupidly niche so I guess that's fine.
https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Palingenesis

Depends on who you are grailing and how far you want to go with them.

On who to grail, that's entirely up to you.  I prefer to grail for more practical reasons than "grail who you like".  I've grailed Raikou to 100 and Salter and Chloe to 90 (Herc will join them once he reaches the level cap).

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2019, 09:08:21 AM »
By the way, there's an incoming 1/2 AP for Main Quests, in preparation for Psuedo-Singularity II.

Be advised, however, that the next event is likely to drop right in the middle of it, so make use of it if/when you can!

In bulli news, I'd forgotten how powerful Robin Hood is. 1M damage on NP with basically only CE prep and getting Poison off? Ridertoki can still out-DPS him, but it's still neat to see seven-digit hits from a three-star.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »
In other bullying news, I was shocked to see my Gil not OHKOing the Saber hands with my previous setup (with him using carp) but I guess it makes sense because the hands are not also weak to Enuma Elish

Ended up fixing that by giving him Shana-oh and using Merlin over Waver, but now I'm slightly concerned that I may not be able to 2-turn farm the rest of the event until Berserker hands. Hands already have too much HP for my Spartacus by now

Edit: We all have pretty decently long-standing accounts here, so I doubt there's any takers, but I'm gonna offer it up anyways just in case. I installed the game on my phone to see if it runs well, and I have a fresh account with Heracles and Orion, if anyone wants it. (for free, unless you're feeling oddly generous) Unfortunately it doesn't have a perfect login streak if you care about that, I missed a day because I wasn't intending to use it but forgot to consider giving it away at the time.

Also if any new person comes along and wants to try getting into the game, my offer is open to all of shrinemaiden of course
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:17:27 PM by Rei Scarlette »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
In non-bullying non-news, for the JP folks, when does Bradamante show up? I think I've found my next grail target, barring a catastrophically bad personality.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2019, 01:27:57 PM »
In non-bullying non-news, for the JP folks, when does Bradamante show up? I think I've found my next grail target, barring a catastrophically bad personality.

4th Xmas

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
That's Quetz, right? Oof, still a year and a half away.  :(

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2019, 01:58:05 AM »
So it seems like the stats in the Ibaraki raid get higher every day, but does her AI get better as well? This is probably just a coincidence, but it seems like she was targeting completely randomly before the flip today and now she seems to be making the correct choice with every single attack. I've run her like six or seven times today and she's killed Jack The Ripper with her noble phantasm every single time, and she keeps leaving the second-to-last character alive with almost no health so I never get a single character active against her.