Author Topic: Powercreep and Dragons Thread XXVII: Making Juggler less OP all day everyday  (Read 145212 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I got Saria, and a bunch of other crap.

My Dragonbound collection slowly grows more complete.

See that fat metal dragon on the right? You might be tempted to feed it away, but they're actually needed for some top-tier evolutions later on in the game. Plus, getting them from their dungeon is something that'll take a while for new players.

See that fat metal dragon on the right? You might be tempted to feed it away, but they're actually needed for some top-tier evolutions later on in the game. Plus, getting them from their dungeon is something that'll take a while for new players.

So when I'll get a better Dark Sub, I should just let  him in my monster box and not use him for xp, did I understand right ?
Is it the same for the Super King Metal/Gold/Ruby/etc. Dragon ?

commandercool

• alter cool
Also got a Archangel Gabriel yesterday, don't know if that's a good monster ?
I may try one or two  more roll in the REM during that godfest, don't know yet..

Hmm.

Well.

You're in the right place to be asking that question. I am, as far as I know, the only person in the NA server (and maybe the world, although I haven't looked hard elsewhere) who mains Gabriel.

That's a complicated question, but I'll try to give a simple answer. As a sub, absolutely he's great. Blue row teams love this guy. As a leader, I'm certainly biased but I truly believe he's the most underrated lead in the game. He's by no means perfect, but he is amazing and you can beat a vast majority of the game with him, including some endgame content, maybe even most of it.

Gabriel is slow, but he's EXTREMELY durable. Gabriel teams have absutely massive HP and recovery. Normally Gabriel's damage is extremely poor to compensate, but he has a secret weapon:

This guy's unorthodox active and leader skill let Gabriel change from a nigh-indestructie tank team to a burst team capable of one-shot killing a vast, vast majotity of bosses in the entire game with the right (fairly easy) setup. And you can just get Beyzul for free from a particular midgame dungeon, so if you have Gabriel you have the basic components of this team available to you already.

Once upon a time Gabriel teams were extremely hard to build because most of his good subs were exclusive to the rare egg machine, but due to some new monsters being introduced and some changes to Gabe himself you can now build what I believe to be a solid team with only free, or common rare egg machine, monsters with Gabriel being the rarest piece. It won't be optimal, but I think it should totally work.

Plus he grows up to be the most beautiful man in PAD, bar none. So there's that. ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:31:08 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Thanks ! So, I'll keep him in my monster box, will see later if I build some team around him..

Btw, damn Horus is harder to play than Vishnu (well, Vishnu is probably a super easy one )... but the power.... damn !

commandercool

• alter cool
Just FYI if you didn't already know this, if something comes out of the rare egg machine and you don't already own it, you should definitely keep it. Especially if it's a god from a gold egg, but also most silver eggs can have surprising uses. And Gungho is constantly updating old monsters with new forms and abilities, so even if something looks useless now it might be great in a year.

Finally got a run where I wasn't orbtrolled 90% of the time

Quick question : I saw that Echidna is a very very very very recommanded sub, but it overlap with the fire type of Horus. Unless i get F/L Horus, is there any "good" (let's say, acceptable) dual type farmable sub  ?

commandercool

• alter cool
Quick question : I saw that Echidna is a very very very very recommanded sub, but it overlap with the fire type of Horus. Unless i get F/L Horus, is there any "good" (let's say, acceptable) dual type farmable sub  ?

Gigas (the final forn of Titan) comes to mind. He has a skill that works very well with Horus and he has amazing HP (although be warned that his recovery is so low it's actually negative). He's certainly not too hard to evolve, but it might take you a little while to find one at your level, and he does take some Dublits and stuff to evolve.

Ultimate Ogres would do the job right now too, and they're much easier to get.

Gigas is F/L, so it doestn't work since he only count as "Light" in the Sub

Didn't thought about the Ultimate version of Ogre, thanks !

Gigas (the final forn of Titan) comes to mind. He has a skill that works very well with Horus and he has amazing HP (although be warned that his recovery is so low it's actually negative). He's certainly not too hard to evolve, but it might take you a little while to find one at your level, and he does take some Dublits and stuff to evolve.
not to mention the millions of exp just to evo :V

commandercool

• alter cool
Gigas is F/L, so it doestn't work since he only count as "Light" in the Sub

Didn't thought about the Ultimate version of Ogre, thanks !

Either I'm misunderstanding you or you're misunderstanding me. Subattributes still count for Horus' leader skill. Ideally on a Horus team you want all of your monsters to have fire as their main attribute and fill out the rest of your colors with your subattributes. You'll do much more damage that way.

Either I'm misunderstanding you or you're misunderstanding me. Subattributes still count for Horus' leader skill. Ideally on a Horus team you want all of your monsters to have fire as their main attribute and fill out the rest of your colors with your subattributes. You'll do much more damage that way.

I understood that, but the point was to use Echidna (which is only Fire type) with non-F/L Horus (so Horus is only Fire too)
In that case, Horus + Echidna take 2 of five slots as Fire only (I don't count the friend leader slot), so I have 3 slots left to get some Water,Wood,Light and Dark. So I need at least on dualtype monster from those 4 types.

But I've got the answer with the U. Ogres, the Wood/Water one will be perfect !

Whee.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Akala, how about something like Horus/Fire/wood ogre/fire water ogre/Gigas/[insert dark coverage here, or Echidna if you go with an Awoken Horus friend?  I know you werent counting on the friend lead, but they CAN help fill a gap so it might be worth taking advantage. 
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
I understood that, but the point was to use Echidna (which is only Fire type) with non-F/L Horus (so Horus is only Fire too)
In that case, Horus + Echidna take 2 of five slots as Fire only (I don't count the friend leader slot), so I have 3 slots left to get some Water,Wood,Light and Dark. So I need at least on dualtype monster from those 4 types.

But I've got the answer with the U. Ogres, the Wood/Water one will be perfect !

Okay, right. I guess I just assumed Awoken Horus friend (who's red/black) but obviously that doesn't necrssarily apply.

I should have died here like 8 different times, but careful planning and good RNG on Ilsix saved the day.

So when I'll get a better Dark Sub, I should just let  him in my monster box and not use him for xp, did I understand right ?
This only goes for the "extreme king metal dragon" - other enhance materials can (and generally should) be fed away.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Satan Cup is bullshit rng too!

Why am I not surprised? Gonna grind at it later

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
>Satan Cup

That sounds terrible.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

i died to flare drall due to absolute orb troll

but then next try i just destroyed illsix lol

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
>Satan Cup

That sounds terrible.

floor 1 - kamui
floor 2 - beyzul
floor 3 - r/b eldorado
floor 4 - blue nyandra
floor 5 - zeus-dios
floor 6 - anne&mary
floor 7 - s a t a n

commandercool

• alter cool
Speaking of ranking dungeons, I kind of forgot Izanami was still going. My rank actually rose considerably, so I'm securely in the 30% bracket. I invested 100 stamina into it this time, so good. I'm done.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
I actually liked satan cup more than most of the other dungeons.

Enemies are of higher hp so that Shivadora hopefully won't dominate all top 10 again since it'll be though for it to kill stuff quick with minimal combos.
The placement of 3 blue enemies was probably an obvious stopper of shivadora though.
7 floors seem to give a much better balance for combo vs time. Last time's 10 floor is bullshit.
Finally, NO MP PureDras THANK GOD. These guys have absolutely no reason to be in a ranking dungeon as they are almost impossible to deal with normally and players must resort to poison or def-ignore damage.

They are inviting the Top 10 players of this ranking to the 2/19 4th anniversary livestream, which would explain why it's much better designed.
because tbh, having 10 shivadora players going on the livestream won't look good.

commandercool

• alter cool
They are inviting the Top 10 players of this ranking to the 2/19 4th anniversary livestream, which would explain why it's much better designed.
because tbh, having 10 shivadora players going on the livestream won't look good.

If it's not ten Shiva Dragons it'll just be ten identical teams of some other type. If there are at least five substantially different teams in the top ten I'll admit that ranking dungeons aren't a stupid idea. Hell, if there are even two substantially different teams in the top ten I'll consider it a huge victory.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

we will see 10 neptune dragon players instead

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
What I meant was more like how shivadora is like the least livestream-oriented thing, though I guess that depends on what gungho wants those people to do, but seeing people play Ra-dora is probably way more entertaining than people playing shivadora (?)

And at least this ranking isn't one where people don't even have to make combos. (Last one involved using shivadora to make the minimal possible combos every floor, hoping you have enough orbs, and hoping for enough skyfalls at the end to boost your score I think, and enemies were so weak on some floors it was possible for shivadora to kill with just sub-elements and low combo, making that strategy viable, hence that stupid top 10 lineup)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
And at least this ranking isn't one where people don't even have to make combos. (Last one involved using shivadora to make the minimal possible combos every floor, hoping you have enough orbs, and hoping for enough skyfalls at the end to boost your score I think, and enemies were so weak on some floors it was possible for shivadora to kill with just sub-elements and low combo, making that strategy viable, hence that stupid top 10 lineup)

You can still do low-combo count on this ranking dungeon rofl

Again, Neptune Dragon rocks this one, Beyzul has Added Blue skyfall. Reco even got 121k with Andromeda+NepDragon, got 123k with Gon even ???

commandercool

• alter cool
I've been farming Grimoires all day, including two rank ups with the help of Fat Tama. Previously I never bothered because I don't like the original Paulina, but now that Christmas Paulina is out I want to skill up all three, meaning that there isn't a dud drop for me any more. And it's a good thing I waited. Here are my spoils from the day:

Armadel x3
Paulina x5
Theurgia x5
Elia x1
+egg x8

Let's see what my actual skillup yield is. Did I waste my time?

Armadel (the one I care about the most, since she's actually on one of my teams) got zero skillups.
Paulina got zero skillups.
Theurgia got two skillups.
Elia got zero skillups.

So that's 2/14. Yup, kind of feel like I wasted my day. At this rate I'll have all of my grimoires skillmax in approximately seventy billion years.  :V

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Elia
Elia Elia, I read that those are better than mini Valk for ASaku. Were those only from the ultimate god rush challenge?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour