Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221832 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2013, 04:01:43 AM »
Nice job. You'll soon realize that she is a lovely bitch that you want to spend all of your heart and free time with and keep fighting her over and over again. The safespot will become second nature for you and you'll eventually start getting NMNBs on her every time.
I don't use the safespot for Kogasa. I had to use MarisaA to do her first attack :V

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #571 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:51 AM »
It's very easy to remap your keys to prevent things like that, in case you haven't tried that already. (And the fact that you're doing Lunatic clears with ghosting like that is crazy.)
With ghosting I meant that I at random intervals in time suddenly travel straight in one direction without me pressing anything; this only stops when I press that direction myself. This invariably leads to my death.
If with ghosting you mean that one can't travel in certain diagonal directions... I fixed that about halfway through my hard 1cc's. I did remap them, too bad it throws you out of the game when you hold a button for three seconds without pressing any others.
At any rate, I'm going to resume my efforts right now. I've got three hours in this morning. It shall suffice.
EDIT: Ninety minutes and I've only reached Remilia once. All of the other tries I've ragequit at some point before stage 5.
EDIT2: No morning capture then... I reached Scarlet Meister for the first time.
It was... painful.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:39:06 AM by SirChaotick »

« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
So yeah, I bought skyrim a couple weeks ago...

Now that I finished playing that for now (earlier today), I decided it would be funny to play PoDD hard because it's fun and I suck too much to play Lunatic. I cleared with both Marisa and Reimu within 3 runs total. First time I 1CC with Reimu on hard and it was No-Miss. Wait what? Not only that but i believe that is my first 1LC of ANY Touhou game other than perfecting TD easy (cause that's really hard).

Anyway, so that happened. Congrats to all the accomplishments between my posts, I'm too lazy to read them right now but i probably will over the next few days.

My score table now for Hard, I know I shouldn't post this embarrassment since we have legends like Zil lurking around but whatever.

Also the other day I played a few random runs of stuff and perfected Yumeko on normal. I don't think it was max rank and my proof is the fact that I got a perfect, but still it's something.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:01:47 PM by Chalros22 »
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #573 on: January 05, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
I got to Stage 5 on my first try as Marisa A in EoSD :V

« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »
Haven't been playing much due to Skyrim, but here's somethig... Scoring attempt on Yukari's LW, getting 80m at the end. Not really a big accomplishment, but I guess that's a decent score for someone who doesn't know how to dodge the fourth wave without safespotting, and doesn't really graze the second-last wave because I don't know how to because it's too fast. :V

« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
Timed out Remilia's opener.

Also timed out two of Alice's cards yesterday, Spring Kyoto Dolls and Chalk White Russian Dolls.

Hopefully I'm finally starting to not suck at these games again.

Oh

« Reply #576 on: January 06, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »
Perfected Stage 6 MoF Lunatic
Hmm. I might end up doing stage 4 as well, for completion's sake.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #577 on: January 06, 2013, 07:31:40 AM »
I had kind of a busy month in December, but I've got a few new accomplishments to my name. To wit:

First: 1cc'd PCB on Hard for the first time. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not really as enthused about this one as I was when I cleared EoSD - half of it because it's a pretty shit run (five or so deaths were with bombs left in stock, fucking hell), and the other half because I don't really like PCB all that much.  Oh well?

Second: I started making segmented perfect runs (i.e. no bombs, no deaths) for some of the games on normal! I sorta started these to help someone out on another forum, but now I'm considering doing the whole series just for the hell of it. These ones I'm much more proud of, even if I got pretty pissed off at the games at the time.  My progress so far:

Subterranean Animism:
Stage 1: vs. Yamame
Stage 2: vs. Parsee
Stage 3: vs. Yuugi
Stage 4: vs. Satori
Stage 5: vs. Rin
Stage 6: vs. Utsuho

It took FOREVER to get Stage 6 down, either because Nuclear Fusion or Mega Flare would clip me, or I'd get as far as Hell's Artificial Sun and die just as it dissolves. I would not be surprised in the slightest if it took me over 200 times to get a good run. :\ Rin and Satori can together pretty quickly though (the latter you have Shoot the Bullet to thank for), and stages 1-3 are p. much a non-issue on Normal.

Ten Desires
Stage 1: vs. Yuyuko
Stage 2: vs. Kyouko
Stage 3: vs. Yoshika
Stage 4: vs. Seiga
Stage 5: vs. Futo
Stage 6: vs. Miko

This took less time than SA, but not much - it probably has something to do with the fact that I was using Youmu. Not that I care though, she's the #1 reason to play 10D in the first place.  :V Finding a good route on some of the stages was kind of a pain, as I'm used to using Trance to collect bombs/lives, as well as blast through some of the trickier parts. Also: Miko's exploding arrows can go straight to hell.

Next up will either be PCB or MoF, I think - they're both easier than SA, so I suspect they won't take as long. I'd try perfecting IN or UFO next though, but HAHAHAHA NO.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:33:41 AM by PapillonReel »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #578 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »
There. I've done it. EoSD Lunatic 1cc.
I did a whole lot of stupid things and I don't give an ounce of excrement.  :D

Next up... Subterranean Animism. Doom awaits  :ohdear:

« Reply #579 on: January 06, 2013, 01:04:06 PM »
Haven't been playing much due to Skyrim, but here's somethig...

Copycat...........
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

« Reply #580 on: January 06, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »
Copycat...........

Wut? It's a coincidence, I swear. :V

« Reply #581 on: January 06, 2013, 10:52:59 PM »
Well, that was random.

Got a normal LLS 1cc on my first try today (and it's not something I've ever pursued, really). I hadn't even reached stage 6 before that, and I blew two lives on Elly this time.
I'm not even sure if ReimuB is a good shottype or not, haha.
Guess there's nothing I can do about that!

Now I actually might seriously start shooting for MS, but UFO and EoSD extra are still lingering. and various hard modes
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #582 on: January 06, 2013, 10:55:11 PM »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #583 on: January 07, 2013, 01:39:27 AM »
as opposed to nobody, I finished my DS 90 fps. like, on the day i came back from home :'D though, unlike what arf said, 12-7 was not the last hard card. surprisingly, I died a lot on ex-7 and...pardon me, but spoiler-9 took me like 400 photos, too (assuming I had an average of 5 pics, that's like...80 tries)

since I finished both now, I can say DS had more hard cards, but the difficult ones in StB were infinitely more difficult. I had like 3 scenes with 1000+ pics in StB, but none in DS. 2 of those even reached 2000+. guilty not guilty, kinkaku ji and pandemonium (that was ex-8, right?) respectively.
as opposed to DS's 3 hardest scenes 8-1 (with 500 photos), 12-7 (with 600-700. I switched a lot between aya and hatate and lost overview) and 10-8 with a little under 500.

StB also had a couple scenes that went above 500, but simply far more scenes were below 200 or whatever threshold I wanna put. so yeah, StB was harder. I should have probably done this the othe way around

ok, 8-1 was the hardest scene, so zengeku is silly for stopping there :V even though 12-7 took me more tries, it was easier. I just hadn't played for 10 days and was a rusty fuck. in third comes 10-8, because holy shit. my capture of it is 90% luck. other hard cards were 7-1, 9-7, 11-3 (lol, yeah, I know), 12-1, 12-4, 12-6 (instant deaths aren't easy to dodge :'D, but it was tough normally, too. the replay didn't desynch, so it's included!), ex-3 (lololol, the last photo), ex-5, ex-7 and sp-9.
my favorite scenes was probably 11-6. at 90 fps, it's just so...badass. not that the normal version isn't badass, but that's just. WOW. it also has my favorite dodge, which is me going into the ring at unfocused speed. that was totally planned. but if you watch the video, you'll see.
other notable scenes that were awesome are 9-7, 10-2, 10-6 (iku is awesome), 11-2, 12-8, ex-7, sp-6 and sp-9. for fun factor, anyway.

as for recording: first of all I'd like to apologize to ranko. I needed to work with your files and wanted to convert them (since I need them to be in .avi format), but I am a genius when it comes to computer stuff, so I ended up corrupting them and I had no way of re-downloading them because my internet was dead until 2 hours ago. I recorded them myself, which added to my workload by a millionfold. I still thank you for your effort to record the stages. had I been smarter, I'd have needed to do a lot less work than i ended up with. derp

next up is: during the video you'll see it skip from time to time, or it randomly pauses. I did that because at that point, fraps decided 90 fps wasn't cool, so I had to cut the recording and restart it. since I didn't record everything in order, you will see me simply pressing f9 in later stages, while I took the pausing approach later on. with the latter one, you won't miss out on the one bullet I dodge :V it became all weird during ex-4 and I messed up on 10-2 and 4-7, but it SHOULD be bearable for every other scene. my apologies, but my laziness was getting in my way of re-recording them. handling over 108 files due to splitting is no fun task and I will never do it again. oh, and one last thing is I am terrible at pushing a button, so sometimes the scenes starts right before the first photo taken. fortunately for all of us: you usually don't dodge bullets by then :V

music was once again just thrown in. I need a proper program to put in music files :V windows media player is terrible. rejected 80% again.

BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YO- I mean here's the video. annotations will be added right after the upload is finish, so expect them in 5 hours because it will take forever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoAYoETHWoc

let's hope the max 360p don't stay that way

EDIT: I seem to have made a mistake during processing. the video doesn't have HD enabled, so....uh...I'll reupload the video soon <.<

EDIT 2: nah, youtube was ust being a dick. okay :V adding annotations now.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:11:55 AM by Sakurei »

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #584 on: January 07, 2013, 02:13:10 AM »
1MNB Miko fight. Had to time out Honor The Avoidance.

This game is silly. I probably should stop playing it.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #585 on: January 07, 2013, 02:32:18 AM »
Next up... Subterranean Animism. Doom awaits  :ohdear:

Spoiler:
I regret nothing.
[/size]

« Reply #586 on: January 07, 2013, 04:36:50 AM »
IN Lunatic Stage 1 Perfect Pacifist, because Wriggle is awesome. (video)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:40:59 AM by Wriggle »

« Reply #587 on: January 07, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »
ok, 8-1 was the hardest scene, so zengeku is silly for stopping there :V

Spending your time on retarded things is the silly thing. I found this retarded so I moved on. You didn't so you stuck with it. That's all.  :V

Also, using Hatate ever is kinda fail as well since she is kinda broken. I didn't watch all of your video though and ZUN's little glitch doesn't make it any easier to tell what character you used and I still find your accomplishment impressive regardless.

And no, i won't ever try this again. I've learnt my lesson.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #588 on: January 07, 2013, 06:54:59 AM »
as for recording: first of all I'd like to apologize to ranko. I needed to work with your files and wanted to convert them (since I need them to be in .avi format), but I am a genius when it comes to computer stuff, so I ended up corrupting them and I had no way of re-downloading them because my internet was dead until 2 hours ago. I recorded them myself, which added to my workload by a millionfold. I still thank you for your effort to record the stages. had I been smarter, I'd have needed to do a lot less work than i ended up with. derp
I probably could've asked more about what you wanted to have done with the recording stuff anyway. Apology accepted and awesome job with everything! :toot:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #589 on: January 07, 2013, 08:07:27 AM »
ReimuB LLS normal 1CC
ReimuB is the worst shot type in the game, so congrats on that.

Anyway, as for me...I managed to perfect the entire stage portion of MB Extra for the first time ever. I wasn't recording the whole thing, but I did record my "super" capture method for Rising Salt Ball, because it makes the pattern seriously badass. This thing is basically VoWG-level in how fun it is, while being probably harder than VoWG to time out, even though it doesn't last nearly as long.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #590 on: January 07, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »
hatate is only REALLY broken for a few scenes. like 11-1, ex 6 for instance.

yeah, I think I said this when I was doing it back in december: doesn't seem for everyone. so you not doing the all clear at 90 fps doesn't really bother me. preferences exist and that's all there is to.

Ranko: thanks! for both: apology accepted and the congratz

nowplease wait warmly until I actually gain consistency on UFO stage 5. I mean, seriously. I game over half the time :'D I'm also working on the PoFV 90 fps 1cc with Komachi. so these are the 2 next things I'll have ready. Probably.

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #592 on: January 07, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
And I just 1cced Normal on UFO with SanaeA, which means I've 1cced Normal on UFO with all shot types.  :getdown:
I am not repeating that on Hard. Not at all. No way.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #593 on: January 08, 2013, 01:44:07 AM »
Just nabbed a 1cc of GFW Lunatic C-1 route. Only got the B routes left. So I'm going to slightly revise my opinion of GFW. It's a pretty good game. It's just that C-2 is a terrible route. Playing it once in a while is worth some left hand ache afterwards I guess :V

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:43:18 PM by Wriggle »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Oh

« Reply #596 on: January 09, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »
Perfect PCB Stage 6 Lunatic

The best part is... I did the stage spam without shooting. That was the original intent, but I somehow perfected Yuyuko too.

« Reply #597 on: January 10, 2013, 06:45:42 AM »
Only Stage 6B and LW missing for me to have all spellcards captured with Border team on IN. :toot: Problem is, I'll have to cap Kaguya's bullshit and Reimu/Marisa's Last Rapes again. :colonveeplusalpha:

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #598 on: January 10, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »
Perfect PCB Stage 6 Lunatic

The best part is... I did the stage spam without shooting. That was the original intent, but I somehow perfected Yuyuko too.
How many tries did that take? :V

Oh

« Reply #599 on: January 10, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »
How many tries did that take? :V

Stage - 50
Yuyuko - 1