Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221832 times)

Oh

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2012, 11:25:47 PM »
MoF LNB!
Will add more comments later.

e: This run has an extremely funny Stage 6 stage portion. I arrive at Stage 6 with 4 lives, but died twice on the stage alone.
Well, I was scared and felt I wasn't going to clear, since last time I got to Kanako with 3 lives and failed. But I guess practice paid off and I beat Kanako pretty easily.
The earlier stages, especially 3 and 5, had some embarrassing mistakes. Stage 4 was bad as always.
Moving on... I guess I could do IN no bombs, unless someone can convince me to do SA.

e2: Is there any way to stop MoF replay from desyncing? It always does that on stage 4. Even when I run it from stage 1-3 it desyncs.
I'm using version 1.00a. Replay was saved in that format I believe.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:06:11 AM by Oh »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2012, 05:38:25 AM »
I got a Normal 1cc on EoSD, and the run contains a NDNB Stage 4 run! I used Reimu A and the final two stages could've been better. A clear's a clear, though! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26119

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBq3G1ZGlA4
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #482 on: December 29, 2012, 06:27:36 AM »

Level 10 is hard. =/

redlakitu

« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
I got a Normal 1cc on EoSD, and the run contains a NDNB Stage 4 run! I used Reimu A and the final two stages could've been better. A clear's a clear, though! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26119

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBq3G1ZGlA4
Superb! I remember Stage 4 as particularly difficult to learn.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »
Congratulations to all the 1cc's going on in here!
Let me chime in - I've got the third game down. TD lunatic 1cc.
Much like IHNN's one, it has a  1BND Seiga fight, with only a bomb on the second nonspell.
I even had a life to spare in the end! I'm feeling really jumpy. The good kind of jumpy. *jig*

« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2012, 12:02:53 PM »
Cleared the current version of the PCB Ultra patch

Significantly easier than the old version.  Patterns are more or less the same, but borders now give invincibility a'la TD hypers.  Thinking I might do some scoring with it just to see how silly it gets.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #487 on: December 29, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
You can make it so that borers won't give you invincibility by installing a the patch with the different exe.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #488 on: December 29, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
Much like IHNN's one, it has a  1BND Seiga fight, with only a bomb on the second nonspell.
If it wasn't a deathbomb my fight is crazier  :V
I could have had a life or even 2 to spare but I completely fell apart due to nerves on Stage 6, it's a wonder I didn't choke on that run.

PCB with invincibility borders sounds no fun, I like trying to flail around in a border trying to dodge everything.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #489 on: December 29, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »
If it wasn't a deathbomb my fight is crazier  :V
I could have had a life or even 2 to spare but I completely fell apart due to nerves on Stage 6, it's a wonder I didn't choke on that run.
Tsk. No need to reaffirm the superiority of your run over mine, I am perfectly aware of it and wasn't trying to indicate the inverse.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #490 on: December 29, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
Tsk. No need to reaffirm the superiority of your run over mine, I am perfectly aware of it and wasn't trying to indicate the inverse.
Hey, TD is one of the harder ones to clear IMO, if you can get that you can get everything but UFO and maybe SA pretty easily.

Besides, a 1 bomb Seiga is not the easiest thing in the world, especially Tongling Yoshika with a non-Youmu shot type.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #491 on: December 29, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »
Hey, TD is one of the harder ones to clear IMO, if you can get that you can get everything but UFO and maybe SA pretty easily.
Besides, a 1 bomb Seiga is not the easiest thing in the world, especially Tongling Yoshika with a non-Youmu shot type.
Ah, I'm sorry if I sounded a bit rash. I must have, in retrospect...
And it's certainly not as easy as its reputation dictates.

« Reply #492 on: December 29, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
At least its Lunatic mode isn't. I've even cleared SA already but haven't got to stage 6 yet in TD or UFO. :V :V :V

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #493 on: December 30, 2012, 12:32:49 AM »
TD was still my first Windows Lunatic 1cc (and only first 1cc that wasn't preceded by at least one game over to stage 6, or stage 5 for that matter, clearing on the first attempt that defeated Seiga without continuing), and I still don't get why various others find it so difficult (unless you're describing the difficulty of perfecting Lunatic stage 2 and 3 compared to the other non-UFO games, which I'd completely agree with). Getting the overall clear depends mostly on learning the stage portions and trance routes (which I had to do to clear Hard), and planning auto-bombs since you don't refill as much trance if a pattern ends while the bomb is still active.

Hmm, maybe it's related to why some people find EoSD one of the easier games, even though I consider it second to UFO. I put a lot of planning regarding bombing routes and learning specific stage/pattern strategies in my 1ccs, and that sort of planning doesn't help as much with the way EoSD is filled with pure-dodging-based patterns that also vary with rank.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:41:32 AM by Karisa »

Zil

« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2012, 12:48:39 AM »
I think you're right about that. I found it to be the case when playing EoSD at 90fps. Planning only takes you so far in that game, and I ended up just having to bomb reflexively, rather than planning them out. The bombs themselves being comparatively weak contributes as well.

For similar reasons, I consider PoFV to be the hardest Windows game. In fact, I'd love to see a 90fps 1cc of PoFV using someone like Komachi or Mystia, seeing as people like Sakurei and Tsym seem to be making UFO their ultimate goal. PoFV should just be a little stepping stone, right?  :P

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #495 on: December 30, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »
Zil, rest assured, a PoFV 90 fps 1cc is very high on my priority list. and as you know, I play nothing but komachi. I can't promise it in january/february or maybe even march, but I will do it.

yeah, UFO is sort of a faraway super goal right now, but as you said once before: it's got a lot of stuff you can muscle memorize, so once I have reached that point, it won't feel as super difficult as it does now. (still tough, though :V). and yeah, PoFV is missing that particular feature.

as for TD....first lunatic 1cc, the next one only came after 6 months later despite lots of playing. the rest just rolled in within 3 weeks after that, safe for UFO. says a lot about the game's difficulty for your old regular pansy 1cc.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:00:42 AM by Sakurei »

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #496 on: December 30, 2012, 12:58:09 AM »
Finally, all Fairy Wars Normal routes cleared... 10 months and a day after getting the first one. B1, man. I hate B1.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2012, 01:30:57 AM »
For similar reasons, I consider PoFV to be the hardest Windows game.
Not if you're aiming to simply 1cc on Lunatic, since Aya and/or Medicine will trivialize pretty much everything (first-try Aya 1cc from someone like me who finds the soundtrack terrible outside of Aya/Sakuya/Komachi/Shikieiki, can't tolerate a lack of a hold-to-shoot button for more than 45 minutes or so, and never cleared when trying Normal with Reimu or any other non-broken character, says something).

I'd consider that reasoning to apply to PoDD compared to the standard games, though.

as for TD....first lunatic 1cc, the next one only came after 6 months later despite lots of playing. the rest just rolled in within 3 weeks after that, safe for UFO. says a lot about the game's difficulty for your old regular pansy 1cc.
Something similar with me. LLS in October 2011, TD in November 2011, PCB/IN/MoF/SA/MS/GFW/EoSD/UFO all around April/May/June 2012. UFO might have taken longer but I put hundreds of attempts into it within 2 weeks or so when it was the only standard non-SoEW game left.

And speaking of 90fps Lunatic, I've been considering going for at least one of those. Any suggestions on which would be the most doable?

« Reply #498 on: December 30, 2012, 02:05:41 AM »
TD was still my first Windows Lunatic 1cc (and only first 1cc that wasn't preceded by at least one game over to stage 6, or stage 5 for that matter, clearing on the first attempt that defeated Seiga without continuing), and I still don't get why various others find it so difficult (unless you're describing the difficulty of perfecting Lunatic stage 2 and 3 compared to the other non-UFO games, which I'd completely agree with). Getting the overall clear depends mostly on learning the stage portions and trance routes (which I had to do to clear Hard), and planning auto-bombs since you don't refill as much trance if a pattern ends while the bomb is still active.

Hmm, maybe it's related to why some people find EoSD one of the easier games, even though I consider it second to UFO. I put a lot of planning regarding bombing routes and learning specific stage/pattern strategies in my 1ccs, and that sort of planning doesn't help as much with the way EoSD is filled with pure-dodging-based patterns that also vary with rank.
Yeah, the reason I'm bad at TD is the same reason I'm bad at IN: I suck at the stage portions. And due to lack of practice, Kyouko is almost as troublesome as Seiga for me. :getdown:

And I find EoSD to be the second easiest game, behind PCB. Seems like I do fit that. :V After getting my PCB and EoSD Lunatics it still took a while to get IN (I actually got 2 1ccs in each before getting IN).

And speaking of 90fps Lunatic, I've been considering going for at least one of those. Any suggestions on which would be the most doable?
PCB. You have borders, resources, it's overall easy, and doesn't have IN's retarded deathbomb system.

Zil

« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2012, 02:07:45 AM »
Of the ones I did, MoF was easiest. However, PCB probably wouldn't be too hard, and as far as I'm aware, nobody's done that yet, so it might be more interesting to try that instead. MoF is kind of underwhelming thanks to the bombs. TD is not as easy as you might think, (at least it wasn't for me) but the planning process was very fun.

And I usually ignore the existence of Aya/Medi when talking about the difficulty of PoFV, just as I'd ignore "MarisaBugged" in MoF, since they break the game pretty thoroughly. I mean that with an average character, PoFV is hardest. (And for anyone who tries to say so, Reimu isn't an average character. I'd put her next after Aya and Medi, myself.)

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2012, 03:02:59 AM »
I actually agree about PoFV Aya/Medicine not counting any more than MoF MarisaB glitch. Though it still isn't enough to prevent me from abusing the technicality to claim that I have all Lunatic non-fighting-game 1ccs in the series, if I ever get a PoDD Lunatic 1cc that is (which I'm hoping to get eventually just because, despite my trouble with pressing the shot button repeatedly).

"Average character" difficulty gets a bit debatable though, since, for example, SA with non-ReimuA characters (except maybe ReimuC's bombs, never seriously used her for survival though) can get quite a bit harder.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:04:57 AM by Karisa »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2012, 03:07:09 AM »
 the average character thing is really...unclear. there are a couple factors after all.

the SA comparison is flawed. unlike glitch marisa or aya/medi, she doesn't break the game. I am pretty sure I could 1cc the game on 90 fps with medi in less than 5 tries :V same goes to glitch marisa. but obviously not for reimuA.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #502 on: December 30, 2012, 03:12:44 AM »
The SA comparison was for the concept of comparing "average character" difficulty, in response to where Zil said PoFV Reimu isn't an average character.

Am I correct in assuming that PoFV Reimu is comparable to the above-average characters (various games' needle Reimu, UFO SanaeB) of the other games?

Zil

« Reply #503 on: December 30, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »
I wouldn't say so. I've had Reimu kill a second round Eiki at 1:30, while she should normally last at least until 3:00. On top of that, it's worth noting that the first 30 or 40 seconds of any match will be at a much lower intensity than the rest of it, so as Reimu I only got less than a minute of the actual difficult part, while most characters would have to survive over 2 minutes of it. And that was just playing normally with her. If you try to fully exploit her advantages (cast level 3 spells when the AI's gauge is empty) you could perhaps no-miss the whole game with some good luck. (Certainly I've no-missed to Eiki without even using the level 3's.) I consider her to be a broken character because of that. None of the best types from any of the normal games have such a big difference between them and the weaker types. ReimuC of SA comes closest, I think, but I definitely wouldn't call it broken. PoFV Reimu can easily do something which is (theoretically) supposed to be impossible.

« Reply #504 on: December 30, 2012, 06:43:24 AM »
I think you're right about that. I found it to be the case when playing EoSD at 90fps. Planning only takes you so far in that game, and I ended up just having to bomb reflexively, rather than planning them out. The bombs themselves being comparatively weak contributes as well.

For similar reasons, I consider PoFV to be the hardest Windows game. In fact, I'd love to see a 90fps 1cc of PoFV using someone like Komachi or Mystia, seeing as people like Sakurei and Tsym seem to be making UFO their ultimate goal. PoFV should just be a little stepping stone, right?  :P
Ha. I can only get my way through Touhou via pattern recognition. If I see an attack enough times, eventually it'll become muscle memory. PoFV is the exact opposite of that, so you probably won't be seeing anything related to that game anytime soon. I did get an Aya Lunatic 1cc on my first try, but I'll chalk that up to her brokenness more than anything. Although to be frank, the jump in difficulty from Normal to Lunatic in PoFV was much smaller than I thought it would be. The only major difference was in bullet speed, and that can sometimes make the game easier since bullets leave the screen faster. Doesn't help with Eiki though. Walls of death are still walls.

Fun fact: You'd think that 90fps PCB Lunatic would be fairly easy right? Lolno. If you aren't using Marisa, bombs do piss damage in PCB, especially with ReimuB, and I'm guessing Sakuya's bombs aren't too hot either. Even worse, Sakuya's focused speed is ridiculously fast in 90fps, which makes dodging some attacks much harder than they should be. Even though PCB throws resources at you, you can't actually skip too many attacks with them. At least, that's my opinion after messing around in PCB 90fps for a while. I personally think MoF would be tons easier. VoWG would be painful, but MoF lets you bomb through pretty much everything so :V

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #505 on: December 30, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »
I don't really think TD is that hard either. In fact, I'm never sure why I screw up. It seems easy and I cruise along until I seemingly evaporate. Why? No idea. It'd probably be easy if I wasn't a derp (I am) or used stage practice every once in a while (I never have  :V).
I imagine I'd be going for PCB next but it seems to have this sort of input lag... ah well, I got to Youmu's last spell on my first try so it can't take too long.

PoFV... eh, I don't know. Frankly I have no idea how to maximize your spell output. Don't even know how to permashoot, I keep ramming the button like crazy. That's probably why I never enjoyed it too much and abandoned it after a Normal 1cc.

« Reply #506 on: December 30, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
Haven't played much 90FPS, but I'd probably guess PCB SakuyaA clear.  if you're really liberal with your bombs/border breaks you can bomb almost every single pattern and still clear.  That's how I got my first 60FPS clear when I was terrible at the game anyway.  It pretty much trivializes the game if you do that though, so I'd go with a more balanced survival shot like ReimuB if you're going to go for PCB.  I'd put MoF up there on the easy ones too, since I managed to get to PWG on my first (and only) attempt at 90fps.  So many bombs...  Also Karisa, maybe consider picking up a stick for PoDD/PoFV.  Stick buttons are really amazing for tapping.  You'd just have to get used to movement with a stick, which would probably come quickly enough.

« Reply #507 on: December 30, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »
I imagine I'd be going for PCB next but it seems to have this sort of input lag...

Dude, Vpatch. It doesn't just fixes it, but it's even needed to get 90FPS. :V

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #508 on: December 30, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
(And for anyone who tries to say so, Reimu isn't an average character. I'd put her next after Aya and Medi, myself.)

That bad after all? Oh, well, just a matter of time until I get around to clearing the game with the other characters.
It wasn't until I played something above Easy that I realized just how broken some of the characters really are, particularly Aya, or how tough a fight other characters have, Reisen for instance. Not really going to defend my Reimu 1CC at this point, I can't really consider it 100% legit myself anymore. It does depend on luck and how the character is used, but I did have a Round 3 of a bit less than 2 minutes against Eiki, if I recall correctly, so that really is quite fast.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:45:10 AM by Lepetit89 »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #509 on: December 30, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »
Dude, Vpatch. It doesn't just fixes it, but it's even needed to get 90FPS. :V
Vpatch... I didn't even know about that.
You have enlightened a fool, most appreciated! I've been bumbling around with the lag all this time  :derp:

Edit: HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS SO EASY NOW