Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221544 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »
Haha, I just barely survived a Pacifist SA Lunatic Stage 4 attempt.

One death to midboss Orin.
Three deaths to the green amulet streaming bit. (*____*)
One death to the first ns.
One death to Terrifying Hypnotism.
One death to DBDB.
One death to Insect's Nest.
One death to BoWaP.

This has potential! I think I nailed the timing for Insect's Nest.

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »
EoSD Stage 6 Hard NMNBNF. Took very few attempts, and I even almost succeeded at my first attempt. Still, I wanted to upload something as the uploader's back. :3

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:34 PM »
Timed out Honour the Avoidance of Defiance.
Now do it without focus.

You won't regret it. Promise.

EoSD Stage 6 Hard NMNBNF. Took very few attempts, and I even almost succeeded at my first attempt. Still, I wanted to upload something as the uploader's back. :3
Now do it on Lunatic.

...  :(

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
Reached Sanae 200 times (I think the count was like 187-ish, wutever). I've only captured her first spell about 57 times. Mostly from trying to get the pattern down. I have no idea how many times I failed at the beginning part. Around 250? Probably.
Ah, this makes me feel a bit better about my 227 Sanae attempts with 3 reaching GotS. Now do the easy extras (i.e PCB/IN/MoF)!
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
I suck hard at IN. I have not idea why. I just do.

MoF is getting there, got to first survival. But Jade River keeps killing me.

In PCB I've gotten to "Unilateral Contact." I was like, "Holy crap, I got farther! Wait, which card is this?" Pichuuun~
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:25:02 PM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23:21 PM »
I cleared MoF Easy with Marisa A. I had a silly death during Stage 3, a derpy death during Stage 5, and a slightly derpy Kanako fight, but I managed to catch Mountain of Faith. :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25616

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with recording this replay. MoF tends to slow down a decent bit when I try to record anything on it. PM me with help for Camtasia or if you're willing to record yourself. :ohdear:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »
Now do it on Lunatic.

...  :(

I'm still human. :V

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
I guess I'll try to record my MoF clear myself, even though I suppose I haven't waited too long.
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
EoSD Extra 2MNBNF run. How did I do this? And first attempt. This literally equaled my NMNB attempts. How the fuck...?

Yatakarasu

• Fail mode activate!
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
Let's play some MoF with ReimuC. I've never used this shot type.
What is this shot type, I don't even?
Well that was fun.
I have now cleared MoF normal with all Reimu shots.  :toot:

Today was a good Touhou day.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2012, 09:47:10 PM »
MoF tends to slow down a decent bit when I try to record anything on it.
Are you using the vsync patch? MoF was running at 40fps whenever I tried to record it for a while, until I managed to get the vsync patch working. The same happened with GFW, except it was inconsistently slowing down during freezes instead of running at a constant lower speed.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2012, 11:29:28 PM »
Are you using the vsync patch? MoF was running at 40fps whenever I tried to record it for a while, until I managed to get the vsync patch working. The same happened with GFW, except it was inconsistently slowing down during freezes instead of running at a constant lower speed.
I suppose I could use that for whenever I record MoF again.
My Touhou Replays

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2012, 11:44:03 PM »
people, my sanae record is something like 170/217, too. don't feel bad about taking forever to beat a boss. I took like 3 months to get that SA extra clear. congratulations on those!

on another note: had some progress on my SFN timeout. managed to get closer to the 00, but eh, still far away. playing this spell on 90 fps is dope, people. I'm only at 1500 tries, though :V from which the first 1000 are like 1 1/2 years old. I might be able to do it this week. not sure about it. a lot of luck reflexes are involved. I'm taking some real babysteps here.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 02:29:10 AM »
SFN 90fps timeout
After playing around with that monstrosity, the 60fps version feels incredibly slow...
I'm happy with a 90fps capture (survived to ~67s) :P
OTOH I made it down to 50s for Youmu solo unfocused (60fps obviously)
We shall see if I tread on that road :V

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2012, 04:11:02 AM »
Hmm... Tried UFO No-bombs No UFO. Got to Stage 5 Nazrin.

That's a new milestone I guess. This is my 2nd try. Last time I game overed on Murasa. This time I had NMNB up to Ichirin who then killed me twice. Once on KKS and once on her final. I don't like her final. It smells. In Stage 4 I died twice as well. Once on the final orb spam. That just like KKS is tolerable. I can sorta-reliably pass these two things but it's not entirely consistent so it's not too terrible to mess these up with where I'm at skill-wise. Also died on third card because Murasa was a collossal butt.

So... next milestone would be getting to Shou. She is hard as hell though so I'd probably need a really good run combined with luck on Greatest Treasure if I were to pass through to Stage 6. Who knows, maybe it will happen someday.

Yatakarasu

• Fail mode activate!
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2012, 04:18:53 AM »
Grats!
May I ask what shot type you are using, Zengeku? Most people seem to like using SanaeB (myself included).

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2012, 04:39:01 AM »
I use ReimuA. I find that using SanaeB makes the stages easier which feels a bit like cheating. I don't think I'd be able to do much better with SanaeB though.

Yatakarasu

• Fail mode activate!
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2012, 04:44:02 AM »
Ah, the hard way I see.  :derp:
I tried using ReimuA once...think I got to like stage 3 before failing horribly.

Zil

« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2012, 05:43:01 AM »
No-Miss Rikako 1cc

I was going to suicide before Yumemi could kill herself but figured I'd rather try to survive. I'll get 70mil some other time. That completes the broken triad, then. I guess Ellen and Mima are the other two with whom a no-miss run is feasible. I nearly did it with Ellen a few days ago, actually.

When I'm done it's on to PoDD Lunatic and then the rest of the PC-98 games :S
I'm also planning to start PoDD seriously.
will probably start learning how to play PoDD soon.
Excellent.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:51:44 AM by Zil »

Cor

« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2012, 08:40:40 AM »
Ah, the hard way I see.  :derp:
I tried using ReimuA once...think I got to like stage 3 before failing horribly.
She's the second best shot, and makes fighting bosses a bit safer. Something like ReimuB or MarisaB is the hard way. The only parts where SanaeB truly shines are in the stage 5 and 6 spam.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
reimu second best shot? she's best, forever :V well, sanae does make thing easierin stage 5 and 6, and possible stage 4, too. I think circling section in stage 3 becomes easier, too. not sure right now.

for my PoDD stuff: I derped around with chiyuri. dat speed. thinking that might have been overkill for me, I decided to go with Reimu for the moment. I'm still pretty bad at it, though. the system is a bit unfamiliar. I'm used to bullets disappearing when I use a level 2 spell :V also, screen flashing like crazy when there're tons of spells used. like whaaaat. this game's so hilarious. the phantasmagorias are great, indeed.

Cor

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2012, 11:15:46 AM »
reimu second best shot? she's best, forever :V
Yeah uh, I have no idea why I said she's second best. I think she's the best, too. The strongest, that is. My favorite shot is MarisaA. Curse you all for impressing your opinions on me.

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2012, 11:30:51 AM »
Perfected Reimu on LLS Lunatic.

Speaking of which...how do you record PC98 stuff?  :V

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »
Perfected Reimu on LLS Lunatic.

Speaking of which...how do you record PC98 stuff?  :V
I assume the same way you record your Marine Benefit stuff, no? <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
I assume the same way you record your Marine Benefit stuff, no? <_<
I use Fraps for that. Fraps, for some strange reason, just plain doesn't see my PC98 emulator. I'll have Fraps running along with it, press record, and have no video at all.

Zil

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »
I use Fraps to record it, and while it is the most insufferable nightmare that could ever be dreamt of, it generally gets the job done. And I don't think there's anything else that'll let you record fullscreen. As far as I'm aware anyway.

Try fooling around with the config to see if you can make it recognize the game. For me, the important thing seems to be not having Full Color and 32 bit Color checked at the same time. One without the other is fine though.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »

I think that went well.

So, yeah: my very first Hard clear! EoSD becomes a much different (and better!) game once you make the jump from Normal to Hard, I found. I've been on a sort of vacation from Touhou since I finished 10D in October, much less the first time I've touched EoSD since May, and I'm surprised at how much I remembered coming back to it. I'm gonna try and see if I can get in a Marisa A clear sometime later this afternoon as well.

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2012, 04:18:52 PM »
I captured Honor the Avoidance of Defiance (thanks for the reminder of the name Bang Jan haha) with only 1 power! I get the feeling that this card is rather luck based and rather similar to Cloudy Way in Purple for me. It can either be completely easy, or a complete dick. Sigh. The rest of the replay sucked though, so I'll just keep it tucked away where no one can see it :X. Also managed to get to stage 4 before game overing in PCB L90FPS. I really should stop trying that. I still don't think it's possible to do some attacks at that speed. Why am I still trying? Sigh.

I think that went well.

So, yeah: my very first Hard clear! EoSD becomes a much different (and better!) game once you make the jump from Normal to Hard, I found. I've been on a sort of vacation from Touhou since I finished 10D in October, much less the first time I've touched EoSD since May, and I'm surprised at how much I remembered coming back to it. I'm gonna try and see if I can get in a Marisa A clear sometime later this afternoon as well.
Ooohh nice! EoSD was my first Hard clear too, and it was definitely a serious challenge for me. I think every other game fell into place rather quickly too, except for UFO. If you can clear EoSD with 2 lives remaining, you can probably sweep through the other "easy" game 1ccs too. Keep at it!

She's the second best shot, and makes fighting bosses a bit safer.
a bit safer
Haha. I really think using ReimuA is almost like cheesing some bosses. Patterns just go down so quickly to her power. Unbelievable. The only boss pattern where it doesn't help is like Vajra and Byakuren's circling non-spell. Devil's Recitation and Magic Milky Way clear unbelievably quickly when using ReimuA compared to anyone else.

Hmm... Tried UFO No-bombs No UFO. Got to Stage 5 Nazrin.
Oh wow. That's pretty impressive. I always thought the final circling bit where fairies come from both sides was almost a guaranteed death. And I'm pretty sure you can get to Shou at least with a little bit more practice. It's getting through Shou that I imagine will take a lot of effort.