Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207198 times)

Drake

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #660 on: September 29, 2011, 06:37:13 AM »
First VoWG cap "recorded". This was also done right after my score.dat reset itself, so the history is 1/2.

PCB Ultra 1cc as well.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #661 on: September 29, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
I'm paused right in the middle of a UFO run because this has actually caused me to start shaking, so I'm waiting until I have tea to help relax me until I continue on towards Makai, but I've captured Sinker Ghost for the first time ever - the pressure was because beating Minamitsu Murasa would give the last life piece to put me up to the full 8 lives.

I don't care if I don't beat Byakuren this time, I'm saving a replay.  If I do beat Byakuren, though... expect a post just a little bit later with the replay, otherwise I'll add the replay here.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #662 on: September 29, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »
you can actually hold 9 lives in UFO-the additional one is so that additional fragments aren't lost.
That being said, best of luck on the rest of your run.

I can also relate to shaking, it happened to me 3 times during my first 1cc of SA: going into Orin, going into Stage 6, and going into Utsuho.  I must have had the game paused for at least 10 minutes so I could calm down enough to think clearly.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #663 on: September 29, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
As promised - This, finally, rounds out my sweep.  All Touhou games 1CC'd on Normal, all final bosses defeated.  Byakuren Hijiri was taken down with an unprecedented (for me) triple spellcard capture of Devil's Recitation, St. Nikou's Air Scroll, and Flying Fantastica.  Shou... wasn't so lucky.  I almost had Most Valuable Vajra captured but, then again, I pretty much went "fuck it" to Absolute Justice and Demon of Purification.

Here is proof, of both the Sinker Ghost capture and my victory against Byakuren: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16118

« Reply #664 on: September 29, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »
How close is really close? Its usually not before the final few seconds it gets really cruel. Doesn't sound too weird though. You probably just have a wrong approach to ATTWBN. You'll just need to learn the pattern.

It's the first part that gets me. I can't figure out a pattern that doesn't get me walled.
The annoying thing is that I've cleared both the first part and the second without bombing or dying in different runs but I can't seem to put those two together >>

Drake

« Reply #665 on: September 29, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
I never really use a path even, I just kind of run into the corners and a path will eventually open up.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #666 on: September 29, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
It's the first part that gets me. I can't figure out a pattern that doesn't get me walled.
The annoying thing is that I've cleared both the first part and the second without bombing or dying in different runs but I can't seem to put those two together >>

There is actually quite a simple path I use to create openings about 95% of the time. When the card begins, move to the upper left corner. When Flandre begins chasing you, move down to the lower left corner. When she moves again, move to the lower right, then upper right, etc. You may need to make some tight squeezes, but you will never be walled with movements like these.

EDIT: In regards to the PCB replay posted before, it is most definitely tool-assisted, no doubts about it. I'm rather sensitive to the stigma of having your run called a fake since I was accused of such a couple years back, but it makes me all the more angry at the people who try to pass stuff like this as real. I only watched stage 3, but quite simply you cannot chalk that up to "spastic dodging and getting lucky," because what he did not even humanly possible. Even if I tried for hours I could not move with such precision, and unfocused at that. If you were to watch a world record run played by the people most intimate with every part of the game, you wouldn't see such precise movement. That, much more than the accusations of "not knowing what he was doing" marks him as a cheater.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:46:48 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #667 on: September 29, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »
What are you saying Donut? He just got really damn lucky every single frame of a 20 minute run. That's not that unlikely is it?

I never really use a path even, I just kind of run into the corners and a path will eventually open up.

This pretty much. Just go for the corners and move alongside the edges of the screen.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #668 on: September 29, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
PoFV lunatic 1cc, with Aya.
Stages 1-5 were no deaths, Stage 6 died to Marisa, Stage 7 had 2 deaths to Medicine, Komachi went down FIRST ROUND IN 53 SECONDS, then I beat Shikieiki second round, no hits until about a minute in to it.
I can't believe it.
replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16119

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #669 on: September 29, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »
Not that  you shouldn't be proud of your accomplishment, but it's necessary to inform you that among all the characters in PoFV, Aya has a particular advantage in story mode. Without going into all the mechanics, the AI can't handle Aya's EX shot, and therefore she can kill any boss with ease. You shouldn't feel like this is not a legitimate 1cc - it is - but perhaps if you're aiming for it you should try with another character.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #670 on: September 29, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »
Ah, yes. Remilia bites it again, for the first time since my data reset.

._.

....Flandre Time....

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #671 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
Not that  you shouldn't be proud of your accomplishment, but it's necessary to inform you that among all the characters in PoFV, Aya has a particular advantage in story mode. Without going into all the mechanics, the AI can't handle Aya's EX shot, and therefore she can kill any boss with ease. You shouldn't feel like this is not a legitimate 1cc - it is - but perhaps if you're aiming for it you should try with another character.
I knew this already, but even against humans Aya is my favorite to use.  I'd use her for the story even if the EX attack wasn't OP.  I know Medicine also has an advantage, but I don't use her because I don't find her fun.  If I were to redo this, I'd probably use Marisa.
On that note, a MarisaB laserspam MoF lunatic 1cc is technically 'legitimate', but I'm not counting it as a 1cc because it's abusing gamebreaking bug/code typo.
Also, my prior attempts had several deaths to Komachi; I had ridiculous amounts of luck there.  I probably won't redo this, due to said ridiculous amounts of luck.  Now I just have to beat the extra...

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #672 on: September 29, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »
On that note, a MarisaB laserspam MoF lunatic 1cc is technically 'legitimate', but I'm not counting it as a 1cc because it's abusing gamebreaking bug/code typo.
Um, a MarisaBugged 1cc is not legitimate for precisely the reason you said, it uses a game-breaking bug.

EDIT: Did a random attempt at UFO Stage 5 (well, just the stage portion) because I was feeling a bit masochistic, and I captured the red bullet spam near the end.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:14:15 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #673 on: September 29, 2011, 11:19:50 PM »
I knew this already, but even against humans Aya is my favorite to use.  I'd use her for the story even if the EX attack wasn't OP.
IIRC her special ability is to slow down bullets that enter that field thingy in front of you. That's why I picked her for my 1cc. Didn't even know she was broken at the time.  :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #674 on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:55 AM »
Um, a MarisaBugged 1cc is not legitimate for precisely the reason you said, it uses a game-breaking bug.
By legitimate I meant not hacking the game, and only using tricks/glitches within the bounds of the game.  I've been hanging around speedrunning crowds too long, where anything goes as long as you don't screw with the hardware or alter the game or use a cheat.  GLitches are fair game there.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #675 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:12 AM »
I 1cc'd Sanae Story Mode in Hisoutensoku Lunatic! \o/

Spamming 623 Kanako's Wind (lv4) with four control rods just annihilated everything.
I lost all my lives at Suwako's last card, but I don't think it matters.

Hooorayy for beating Bullet Whores, the sequel Hisoutensoku's BS story mode!

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #676 on: September 30, 2011, 03:01:08 AM »
I finally 1cc'd MoF Hard for the first time. With Reimu A.
I only did it because my score.dat reset itself and I wanted to unlock Suwackers again.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #677 on: September 30, 2011, 05:12:55 AM »
PCB 90 FPS extra clear, almost managed to capture Descent of Izuna Gongen.  Had 1/4 at the clear.

« Reply #678 on: September 30, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »
Captured Scarlet Meister Ultra and the preceding noncard in an actual run. In her defence the rank was lowered from dying to Vampire Illusion, you should see the noncard on max rank... I'm pretty sure the bubbles exceed speed of light. Remi got the last word in, but she's going down any day now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:44:22 PM by Vanhaomena69 »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #679 on: September 30, 2011, 03:08:16 PM »
FW Ultra Extra clear.
Um... I think ~645% motivation at the end, but I can't really check right now...

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #680 on: September 30, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
Finally 1cc'd touhou 13 normal with sanae.

All i need to do now is 1cc EoSD, SA, and UFO

I like to run into bullets a lot
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #681 on: September 30, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »
I went through one of the blue bullet walls in Xanadu of Straight and Curve.  At 90 FPS.  With Sakuya.
Now I just need to not choke and die with bombs in stock left and right....I should practice Danmaku Bounded Field at 90 FPS.  To spell practice!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #682 on: September 30, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
Played UFO Extra during lunch break and perfected the stage again. Slowly getting back into the swing of things here.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #683 on: September 30, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
I should practice Danmaku Bounded Field at 90 FPS.  To spell practice!
First try at Yukari's last word, dodged 6/10 waves.
Since I had 90 FPS spell practice ready, I then went and:
capped Fader at 90 FPS in one try.
capped Astronomical Entombing at 90 FPS in about 6 tries.
capped Ephemerality 137 at 90 FPS after about 40-50 tries.
The real question here is why is a Stage 3 card harder than a Stage 6 card?

« Reply #684 on: September 30, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
So I just cleared PCB Extra again, with Reimu B.
Captured Princess Tenko and Descent of Izuna, finishing with 3 lives in stock.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #685 on: October 01, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #686 on: October 01, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »
VoWG hard capture!  :D
on windowed mode   ???
Now I feel like I should capture the rest of the MoF hard spells.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #687 on: October 02, 2011, 06:54:36 AM »
Oh man have I been gunning for this for a while.

1st Phantasm clear Reimu B

Man, excitement!

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #688 on: October 02, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
So Phantasmagoria Trues got finished recently.

Here's a run through Standard through all the unseen areas.

« Reply #689 on: October 02, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »
Finally cleared PCB Extra with Sakuya A, capturing Descendent as well.
Also got up to BoH&Y in Phantasm but damn, this whole stage is hell. No way is Phantasm easier than Extra.