Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207196 times)

Derpface

• Don't worry universe, I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • Ke-he-he-he-he!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2011, 03:59:05 PM »
Successful 1cc Youmu Normal Ten Desires. Whoo! I found out Youmu has a hard time with those
Spoiler:
Extra stage big fairies with rings of doom

That's my first windows game 1cc!  Also managed to capture
Spoiler:
Miko's Eternal Meek lookalike thingy spellcard.

« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
Capped all Overdrives and all Lunatic spell cards.
Timed out some of Futo's spells. Safespotting Futo's last spell on Lunatic and clearing it a couple of times (that's what I was talking about in the scoring thread if someone didn't download the attached replay).
Doing the same for the Overdrive version 3 times (one of them timeout) within 10 tries.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
Youmu Hard 1cc.
I'm totally calling
Spoiler:
Miko's Eternal Meek
GOOSE CAAAAANNOOOON
Even though it's something-something-of Guse Kannon, apparently.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »
Erm... her Goose Cannon is actually organized, unlike Eternal Meek.

Anyway, Ten Desires, Reimu, Hard 1cc.
Now, onto Lunatic!

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
Just captured
Spoiler:
Mamizou's survival
in Spell Practice.  Unfortunately, it seems that the bug that crashes the game on a regular stage run also applies to Spell Practice, so I couldn't save a replay. :ohdear:

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2011, 11:22:48 PM »
Just tried a lunatic ultra run of TD and got to the second spell of the final boss.

This might be doable? I don't know. But I did make a lot of avoidable mistakes and died in stage 1.

EDIT: Captured the final spell on Ultra and it's still not very hard.  :V

EDIT:

YESSSSSSS TD Ultra Lunatic 1cc.  :D

Pretty good run too. Ended 2/2.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:40:42 AM by Jaimers »

« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2011, 12:51:24 AM »
Seiga's Overdrive captured. It means I've captured all spellcards, except the extra boss' timeout, but the game crashes anyway. ^^ Btw, I found a patch that sould fix that issue, but I'm not sure it also fixes the stage 4 & 5 spell pratice glitch.

YESSSSSSS TD Ultra Lunatic 1cc.  :D

Pretty good run too. Ended 2/2.
Have you saved the replay ? Or will you upload it to youtube ?
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

Formless God

« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2011, 01:32:22 AM »
1D1B
Spoiler:
Miko
Lunatic, finally got to capture Goose Cannon and her last spell. The Ring one is still retarded though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2011, 02:04:22 AM »
1D1B
Spoiler:
Miko
Lunatic, finally got to capture Goose Cannon and her last spell. The Ring one is still retarded though.

I wonder if we're really going to start calling it Goose Cannon from now on

Hmm. Should I go for a Lunatic 1cc if I have IN and MoF 1ccs? Granted, those were bomb spammed...

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49:21 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15279

10D normal 1cc Reimu
Terrible run, but whatever. Final spell is very easy, but I still derped at the last moment and went victory death trance.

Formless God

« Reply #220 on: August 16, 2011, 04:09:14 AM »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2011, 06:26:15 AM »
asdkljfgajskldfasdgfkgsdafkgasjkgfjksadgfkasdf

THANKS, DONUT.

;)

As for me, I have regained my meaningless bragging rights reward of having captured every lunatic spell card in the series (barring Fairy Wars, but capturing spell cards isn't really the point, and it gives you no stage practice...). Last one was
Spoiler:
Miko's ring spell card
if anyone was curious.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2011, 07:02:30 AM »
So I went and tried to timeout some stuff that
Spoiler:
Miko
(do we still need spoilers?)

I got a timeout and replay of her first six cards (her seventh is too long and boring, but...)

« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
I got past ATTWBN, getting Flandre down to about 1 cm of health in Q.E.D. Then I died.
I'm so close to beating her after about 5 months, holy crap.

Also got in two 1ccs of PCB, with Reimu A and B. Finished with two or more lives in stock in both runs c: Now the only characters left are Marisa A and...Sakuya B. I'm wondering if I should just forget that the latter exists since I'm so bad at using her.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:27:00 PM by Glimmer »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2011, 08:36:55 AM »
TD Extra clear. Stupid deaths everywhere, and first time I saw the last card. (I hate those stupid glowy bullet hitboxes.)

Maybe I could have captured the survival, but of course I had to bomb it to make the game not crash.

After a little spell practice, most of her cards are pretty easy, as long as you don't mess up. I messed up a lot. :/

Definitely feeling the TD meh.

...Sakuya B.
Hey come on, SakuyaB is one of the best. So is MarisaA.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:41:11 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »
Hey come on, SakuyaB is one of the best. So is MarisaA.

I have no complaints against Marisa A, but Sakuya B's shots are really frustrating for me. I know how they work, but I don't know how to use them to my advantage.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »

« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2011, 12:38:06 PM »
Timed out all of the
Spoiler:
Futo's
cards. They were mostly pretty simple but the 1st one was quite fun. I also toyed around with
Spoiler:
Miko
a bit.

I don't know what to call the 5th spellcard. Guse Flash according to the wiki. I don't know, if its supposed to refer to a goose. If that's the case then I guess a ーafter the Gu would've been appropriate. Whatever, I don't know what a Guse would be but I know for sure that it makes me blind. I've been trying to time it out. That takes three times as long as capturing it approximately and I cannot use Rei's shot as an indicator of my horizontal position like I'd normally do. I'll therefore give it a new name; 癲癇符「さよなら視力」

These glowing balls. Am I the only one who gets some EoSD flashbacks while playing cards with them? Their hitboxes seem to be as big as the sprites. The fact that they glow so brightly doesn't help matters. Its probably her hardest card too.

Also. Now that I'm here, has anyone succeeded in timing out Royal Clans Chaotic Dance on Lunatic? It looks like it could develop into a wall fest but if someone has done it and have saved a replay of it, I would love to see it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:14:54 PM by Zengeku »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2011, 01:34:01 PM »
I don't know what to call the 5th spellcard. Guse Flash according to the wiki. I don't know, if its supposed to refer to a goose. If that's the case then I guess a ーafter the Gu would've been appropriate.
The Wiki mentions that it's taken from the Japanese name of some bodhisattva.

Overwhelming shininess or not, who else here thinks that card still looks freakin' amazing?

These glowing balls. Am I the only one who gets some EoSD flashbacks while playing cards with them? Their hitboxes seem to be as big as the sprites. The fact that they glow so brightly doesn't help matters. Its probably her hardest card too.
Well, they have a noticeable glowing border beyond where the hitbox is (as far as I can tell). I suppose you can try to approach them like bubbles when it comes to hitbox size, but of course you'll need to dodge most of the bullet this time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:37:13 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
From an aesthetic point of view, the spell looks pretty awesome, I agree. Then again, that goes for a lot of attacks in this game. It seems like there was put a lot heavier focus on aesthetics than difficulty in this years release.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2011, 02:38:36 PM »
Spoiler:
Miko's
sixth card timed out on Lunatic.

Discovering the trick to the lasers hardly helped.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #231 on: August 16, 2011, 02:48:23 PM »
Touhou 10D Hard 1cc! With 4 Lives + 1 Bomb left!

Score: 803,274,230

Each point was worth 203,500 at the end.

Practice start and spell practice is so useful. Cannot stress this enough.

« Reply #232 on: August 16, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
Oh look, two PCB 1ccs with Sakuya B and Marisa A on my first try. Well, with Marisa A I restarted several times after dying stupidly on stages 1/2 and once I restarted after realising how badly I was doing on stage 4 and that I would never make it. But I didn't get a gameover on any of my tries. I now have Extra unlocked with all the characters. =D

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #233 on: August 16, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »
<ZengarZombolt> ...
<ZengarZombolt> ...
<ZengarZombolt> ...
<ZengarZombolt> I captured Yuyuko's last spell on ultra
<ZengarZombolt> without moving
Not the overdrive sadly. On that one I died as it was exploding. :V
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15299
Doesn't work without Ultra patch.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #234 on: August 16, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
Going back to non-Ultra, non-Ten Desires accomplishments for a moment, I've landed another first today: First capture of Resurrection Butterfly -30% Reflowering-, leading to my third 1CC of PCB.

Formless God

« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
Overwhelming shininess or not, who else here thinks that card still looks freakin' amazing?
I thought it was an overly simple pattern at first, but looking at it again, it's really pretty. I especially like the rise in music speed when she does that attack.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »
I "captured" TD's Extra boss's survival during a serious no-death run.

« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
I suspect no-one's going to care since this isn't TD, but hey ho... :)

Third normal 1cc of IN, this time with Scarlet Team.

Replay here.

Definitely not one of my better runs for the most part, and my deep seated hatred of Kaguya continues pretty much unabated. glad to have this out of the way though. Just Magic Team left (yay, more getting raped by Keine...), and then Extra mode, something I suspect I'm going to regret...

Formless God

« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
Also. Now that I'm here, has anyone succeeded in timing out Royal Clans Chaotic Dance on Lunatic? It looks like it could develop into a wall fest but if someone has done it and have saved a replay of it, I would love to see it.
Finished. Uploading in a bit.

A   B
C  D

The method I used for the walls was to misdirect the first wave at C, the 2nd wave at D, then move to the top between A and B and draw a straight line down (not very reliable tbh, you can ram into Miko on your way down, in which case you can do it at B, but only if you're quick). Note that if you're at the top left corner by the time the 3rd ring ends (the last ring with "holes"), you'll have an easier time with the next ring (the first wall). In the replay I messed up and had to do the straight line three times.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:46:34 PM by Anarchy Formless »