Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 206836 times)

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #930 on: November 01, 2011, 06:47:39 AM »
<%VgameT> PFFFHAHAHAH WHAT
<%VgameT> 1cc sa hard with max lives remaining
<@Underscore> :3c
<%VgameT> haha my fuckin highscore list for reimuA is
<%VgameT> the clear I just got and my first 1cc of sa hard ever
<%VgameT> which both happened this month
<%VgameT> there were no credits in between
<%VgameT> Underscore I think I just leveled up >:D?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #931 on: November 01, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
I anaged to get to Stage 5 on ESoD today, yes... I got past Patchy!

On my last life.

With 1 bomb left.

Didn't even get to Midboss Sakyua. Although I almost did.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #932 on: November 01, 2011, 07:01:25 PM »
Magical Singular Day Moderate 1cc.

Just dropping by to let everyone know that they should play the best Touhou fangame out there.

Zil

« Reply #933 on: November 01, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
Completed no-focus time-outs of all of Mokou's spells. I left out the two survival cards and her last word before, but now I've got them all. :V These were fairly dull really, so I won't bother linking to it or anything. The replay's on my youtube anyway if you really want to see it.

« Reply #934 on: November 01, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
Magical Singular Day Moderate 1cc.

Just dropping by to let everyone know that they should play the best Touhou fangame out there.

Whilst Alice is my favourite character, I don't want to be beaten by her THAT much.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #935 on: November 02, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
Finally managed a cap of Mamizou's overdrive.

Also, timed out "Exorcism of the Stupid Shrine Maiden". Without focus.

Now if only I could beat the game on hard. Why must TD have no actual resources?

« Reply #936 on: November 02, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:37:16 PM by BLUTravel »
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #937 on: November 03, 2011, 01:32:41 AM »
Captured all the overdrives, Seiga's took me the longest with 32 tries (thanks to Reimu's homing amulets I could at least just misdirect Seiga's bullets to the sides of the screen while still inflicting damage) but at the same time it was actually fun to play.

Is it just me or is Yoshika's last spellcard BS on Lunatic (at least with Reimu)? Then again I was always bad with time-pressure in games.
At least I can time it out... no wait: that's the problem.  ::)

TD hard check

To do: TD Extra, SA hard, SA Extra, IN lunatic, ... ... ... UFO hard (I'm already scared; maybe I'll find some other goals to delay this catastrophe)

Zil

« Reply #938 on: November 03, 2011, 02:26:53 AM »
Is it just me or is Yoshika's last spellcard BS on Lunatic (at least with Reimu)? Then again I was always bad with time-pressure in games.
At least I can time it out... no wait: that's the problem.  ::)
As far as I can tell, the only way to actually capture that card is to run up there and steal the spirits before she eats them, which means forcing your way through the kunai well before they reach the bottom of the screen. I've done it, but just timing the thing out is much safer IMO. Maybe Youmu can just beat her down idk, otherwise I think Reimu has the best chance of getting through quickly enough.
Btw nice job getting Seiga's overdrive in 32 tries. Now you gotta time 'em all out ;)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #939 on: November 03, 2011, 02:46:04 AM »
As far as I can tell, the only way to actually capture that card is to run up there and steal the spirits before she eats them, which means forcing your way through the kunai well before they reach the bottom of the screen. I've done it, but just timing the thing out is much safer IMO. Maybe Youmu can just beat her down idk, otherwise I think Reimu has the best chance of getting through quickly enough.
I can back this up. Even if you collect the spirits perfectly each wave (as in, get most of them on one side of Yoshika), Reimu is still brought down to less than 10 seconds before she can actually capture the card. Fortunately none of the TD bosses give up any items after their last cards, so timing it out during survival runs is more viable than you'd first think.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #940 on: November 03, 2011, 04:04:22 AM »
Also, that card got even worse with the patch. Originally, spirits actually spawned in a nice circle around Yoshika, making them easier to collect. GJ ZUN.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #941 on: November 03, 2011, 04:39:56 AM »
For that card eventually I stopped playing safely as I figured that if I miss even one wave of spirits, I'll have almost zero chance.
What killed me the most was the curvy lasers. I just can't figure out which way they curve, so I often go in the wrong gap and *clip*
I find that with Reimu, the kunai isn't as intimidating as it seems.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #942 on: November 03, 2011, 04:52:06 AM »
Don't wait until they curve to go through them.

« Reply #943 on: November 03, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
Quote from: Zil
As far as I can tell, the only way to actually capture that card is to run up there and steal the spirits before she eats them

While I was aware that I had to close in on her (the 'time-pressure' part) ... I kind of assumed that I couldn't get the spirits as soon as she pulls them towards her (though the hard version was still doable even with that misunderstanding), which limits the timeframe for action quite a bit (and makes me needlessly hurry thus causing more deaths overall). Derp, shows what I know.

Okay, captured it with it with that hint (to destroy my baseless assumptions), thanks. 72 tries overall, most of them star me banging my head on the kunai in frustration or being stupid and getting hit by a stationary laser (however that even works). Only a few more extra spellcards and everything is captured.

Quote from: Zil
Now you gotta time 'em all out ;)
Thanks but I think I'll decline for now.  :V

Quote from: ふねん1
so timing it out during survival runs is more viable than you'd first think.
Agreed, would never bother doing this in a survival run. But that's what spell practice is for.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:54:38 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #944 on: November 03, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »
I got frustrated dying to Score Desire Eater (Hard) while trying to collect the spirits so I tried standing under Yoshika as much as possible while being at the bottom.

Captured at about 1 second left

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #945 on: November 04, 2011, 12:59:46 AM »
Don't wait until they curve to go through them.
Yeah, I know, except somehow they always start to curve onto me while I am going through. ???

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #946 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:23 AM »
Held off Genetics for a fairly decent time at 0 power. Too bad I derped at around the 15 second mark.

Suddenly I feel more confident about being able to clear SA Extra.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #947 on: November 04, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »
Managed to make it to Boss Sakuya today.

Which is in particular an accomplishment, because my brother distracted me against Cirno, and I died on Icicle Fall because of it.

However, I had a brilliant Stage 3 and 4 run, and even Patchy went OK, with me captureing Wood Sign and Emerald Megalith. [The others I needed to bomb on, and I died due to mistiming her lasers once, and on Forest Blaze]

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #948 on: November 05, 2011, 01:38:23 AM »
Whilst Alice is my favourite character, I don't want to be beaten by her THAT much.

You were saying?  :V

Magical Singular Day  Apocalypse Mode Stage 5 + TLB

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #949 on: November 05, 2011, 02:15:45 AM »
UFO extra second clear, on a whim, using ReimuA.
Captured Rainbow UFOs, almost got the survival card but 0 seconds left death.
Had a life to spare.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #950 on: November 05, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
The Primsriver Sisters.

It's innovative having three bosses at once in a danmaku game, as well as making the battle change depending on which you do the most damage to during their first spell.

While I can't beat them [I can perfect up until Stage 4 in PCB, then lose outright on Stage 4], they are, IMO, the best Stage 4 boss[es].

If they don't count for being a Trio, then it's probobly Patchy.

« Reply #951 on: November 05, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »
After battling the cold weather, cold fingers and rage i have finally 1CC MoF with ReimuA on hard mode.

Zil

« Reply #953 on: November 05, 2011, 10:12:15 PM »
I found a way into the very center of Futo's Overdrive as well as her last spell on Lunatic. Once I got in there, I captured the spells with no movement at all. :D
I have appropriately titled the video "Icicle Fall - Easy"   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebUpTi09MI0
It's fun to watch the graze counter too...

« Reply #954 on: November 05, 2011, 10:45:51 PM »
I found a way into the very center of Futo's Overdrive as well as her last spell on Lunatic. Once I got in there, I captured the spells with no movement at all. :D
I have appropriately titled the video "Icicle Fall - Easy"   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebUpTi09MI0

Damn, I was trying to do that for a while and gave up after about a half hour of fails. Perhaps I'll try to do it and show off to my friends lol
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #955 on: November 06, 2011, 12:03:11 AM »
I've already done that twice in the Overdrive ver.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #956 on: November 06, 2011, 08:34:14 AM »
So I captured Goose Cannon (Hard) at 90FPS.
Two tries. I feel pretty good.

So then I try Lunatic.
OHGODNOWHY :colonveeplusalpha:

inb4timeoutat90FPSorsomething

ark

• みょん
« Reply #957 on: November 06, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »
Oh, nice getting into the spot on Lunatic. I did something similar with TAS a while ago.

« Reply #958 on: November 07, 2011, 01:06:40 AM »
PCB Phantasm Perfect Run

Now only Mokou is left but that won't be happening in a while
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #959 on: November 07, 2011, 01:26:13 AM »
New high water mark in TD Extra: 17 seconds left on the survival card. The clear is getting close; I can smell it.