Author Topic: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition  (Read 98301 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition
« Reply #420 on: October 27, 2010, 02:32:13 AM »
> "No no no, not that. Can...whatever magic this is make anything you want bigger?"

>Marisa is silent for a moment, her face turning bright red once again.
>She manages to nod. "Y-yeah, pretty sure, ze. Was sort of worried I'd end up making your current problem worse if I tried."
>A pause. "Or did you not mean that, ze?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #421 on: October 27, 2010, 02:45:40 AM »
>"You've clearly forgotten about my Doll Enlargement Project."

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #422 on: October 27, 2010, 02:46:44 AM »
If Aya ever gets a transcript of this conversation, Alice's life is officially over.
just sayin'

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2010, 02:47:30 AM »
> "Yeah, this has nothing to do with that. I've actually just been looking into that sort of magic, though I had no leads. Until now."
> "Do you think it would be possible to make size increase effects more permanent?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #424 on: October 27, 2010, 02:56:38 AM »
>"You've clearly forgotten about my Doll Enlargement Project."

> "Yeah, this has nothing to do with that. I've actually just been looking into that sort of magic, though I had no leads. Until now."

>Marisa shakes her head. "Naw, you made it pretty clear that was just for dolls and inanimate stuff, ze. Pity it isn't worth using to make huge mushrooms, though. That'd be pretty neat, ze."
>She looks you over for a moment, frowning. "... and I dunno why you might want to match that size yourself, ze. Not really worth the trouble for danmaku, right? Too big a target, ze. And too much energy to do it."

> "Do you think it would be possible to make size increase effects more permanent?"

>Her brow furrows, clearly puzzled. Or perhaps suspicious. "... especially permanently, ze."

>Marisa shakes her head. "All I can remember from Byakuren is that it's something about returning to your own 'body image,' ze. Maybe you could change that? Somehow?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #425 on: October 27, 2010, 03:00:59 AM »
> "Even if it doesn't result in something permanently huge, it could still be useful in small doses, applied to specific things. And I'm sure I'll be able to find something with my own research."
> "Anyway, let's get to Byakuren's, then. You can tell me more on the way."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #426 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »
> "Even if it doesn't result in something permanently huge, it could still be useful in small doses, applied to specific things. And I'm sure I'll be able to find something with my own research."
> "Anyway, let's get to Byakuren's, then. You can tell me more on the way."

>Marisa continues frowning at you in silence.
>After a few seconds, she speaks up again. "Okay, ze. It isn't like you to take an interest in something without having some idea what to do with it."
>"What're you planning, ze?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #427 on: October 27, 2010, 03:50:52 AM »
Like school in summer.

>"I'm hoping to apply it to overcome some of the limitations I encountered with the Doll Enlargement Project. So finding a lead this close to home, well...I am sure you can imagine my curiosity. And trepidation, given the circumstances..."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #428 on: October 27, 2010, 04:01:19 AM »
>"I'm hoping to apply it to overcome some of the limitations I encountered with the Doll Enlargement Project. So finding a lead this close to home, well...I am sure you can imagine my curiosity. And trepidation, given the circumstances..."

>Marisa frowns at you for a long moment, then nods. "... alright, I guess that works, ze. Still dunno how similar they are, but if you think it'll help, Byakuren's the one to ask, ze."

>"Sure you don't wanna mess with the internet before we go? You seemed pretty interested in that earlier, ze."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #429 on: October 27, 2010, 04:03:28 AM »
>"I'm more interested in a cure. There will be time for that later on. And, you would be surprised where inspiration can come from in related disciplines."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #430 on: October 27, 2010, 04:17:47 AM »
>"I'm more interested in a cure. There will be time for that later on. And, you would be surprised where inspiration can come from in related disciplines."

>She grins at the mention of a 'cure,' and nods. "Fair enough, ze. Gimme a minute to get my stuff together, then. Could ya wait out front, ze?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #431 on: October 27, 2010, 04:54:39 AM »
Should we tell her? If we're going to, I'd rather do it inside, away from prying tengu ears that can hear just about anything on the wind.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #432 on: October 27, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »
She doesn't need to know until such a time that we're pretty sure it's going to work.

>Go wait out front, ze.

« Reply #433 on: October 27, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »
We're a magician youkai, we can do our own research.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #434 on: October 27, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »
>Go wait out front, ze.

>If only that verbal tic she decided to pick up didn't get infectious after a while...

>You walk back out to Marisa's front lawn and wait for her to prepare. You think you see her rummaging around a bit in her lab before she closes up the windows and curtains, and hear her talking to that head-blob yukkuri for a moment before she walks out the door, carrying her witch's broom and humming a vaguely familiar tune.
>Marisa locks up the front door, grins at you, takes a few steps out onto the lawn, and hops on her broom, rising a few feet into the air.

>"Y'know, ze," she says, "I just realized you never answered my question earlier. What HAVE you been doing lately, ze?"

>You know that Marisa usually likes to take the most direct route to her destination. You rarely see her traveling at ground level unless she's looking for something... apparently she likes the occasional fairy skirmish.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #435 on: October 27, 2010, 11:59:35 PM »
> "Research into my independent doll project. Lots of research."
> "...You know, come to think of it...didn't you say someone made that weird head thing that looked like you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #436 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:46 AM »
>"And, would it be alright if we kept to the ground, for now?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #437 on: October 28, 2010, 12:09:04 AM »
> "Research into my independent doll project. Lots of research."
> "...You know, come to think of it...didn't you say someone made that weird head thing that looked like you?"

>Marisa grins. "Ah, shoulda known, ze. What was the big lead this time? And did it fall through like half the others, ze?"

>She pauses at the mention of the yukkuri, then nods. "Right, ze. At least, that's my best guess. I thought that might be able to help you out if it's true, ze. But I dunno where to find 'em."

>"And, would it be alright if we kept to the ground, for now?"

>Marisa frowns at your request for subtlety. "Aw, man, that'd take forever, ze! C'mon, I'll run interference if anyone shows up." She grins again. "Haven't gotten to break out the spark for a while, ze!"

>Admittedly, ground travel does take a little longer.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #438 on: October 28, 2010, 12:33:26 AM »
> "I've been looking into 'artificial intelligence'. There's little information on magical applications, but that just makes it all the better, as it will make me something of a pioneer in addition to fulfilling a life goal. I've found nothing so far to suggest it isn't doable, and if that head is any indication, I may very well have stumbled across something to suggest it very much is."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #439 on: October 28, 2010, 01:00:28 AM »
> "I've been looking into 'artificial intelligence'. There's little information on magical applications, but that just makes it all the better, as it will make me something of a pioneer in addition to fulfilling a life goal. I've found nothing so far to suggest it isn't doable, and if that head is any indication, I may very well have stumbled across something to suggest it very much is."

>Marisa whistles appreciatively. "Damn, ze, that's a good one. Yeah, I think you're really on to something this time. Though... aren't those 'AI' things usually robots, ze? Wouldn't that be more robots and stuff like that, from computers? But I don't think the outer world can pull that off either, ze..."
>She grins. "Oh man, now you got me excited. Now I wanna find whoever made that yukkurisa, too!"

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #440 on: October 28, 2010, 01:02:14 AM »
>"I don't know what half of those things you said are, so I am going to assume they are painfully annoying and stupid."
>Gets to walking.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #441 on: October 29, 2010, 12:18:59 AM »
>"I don't know what half of those things you said are, so I am going to assume they are painfully annoying and stupid."
>Gets to walking.

>Marisa's grin vanishes, and she adopts a hurt expression.
>"Jeez, Alice, I was just tryin' to help, ze!"

>You estimate which direction is south and start walking towards the woods, figuring that it'd be easier to rough it through the forest until getting back into the open than to go back to the road at Korindou. After a few seconds, you hear Marisa sigh and drop to the ground behind you to follow.

>The trip through the forest goes well enough, all things considered: Marisa's teasing is relatively subdued despite catching your attempts to discreetly adjust your bloomers due to Koishi's 'gift,' and a little bush-trimming by Shanghai makes it fairly easy to get through the forest. Still no signs of fairies, thankfully, nor any hint of another disembodied Marisa head.

>Soon enough, you emerge from the Forest of Magic and into the open plains and farmland north of the Human Village. You can see the dirt road to Korindou weaving through the fields into town, dotted with small shacks used by farmers for storing supplies or resting during the day. Aside from looking better-maintained than you remember, this is all fairly normal.
>What's less typical is that it looks like the entire harvest has been taken in already, something like a month ahead of schedule. And the village itself...

>The human village has, put simply, grown. While the edges of the village itself have not spread far into the fields surrounding it, there are many more closely-built buildings filling the village, some of them much larger or taller than you'd have ever expected to see.
>Most noticeable is an incredibly tall, boxy-looking building near the southwest part of town, with at least ten floors of doors visible, linked by staircases and balconies hanging on the outside of the building.

>"Now I'm wonderin', ze." Marisa chimes in, after you look over the village for a moment, "How much of that's new to you?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #442 on: October 29, 2010, 12:24:42 AM »
> "Uh."
> Point at the really big building.
> "What's with that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #443 on: October 29, 2010, 12:28:42 AM »
>"Pretty much all of it."
>After pointing at the Tower of Box: "Because it is hideous."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #444 on: October 29, 2010, 12:42:55 AM »
> "Uh."
>"Pretty much all of it."

>Marisa grins. "Heheh. This should be pretty interestin', then!"

> Point at the really big building.
> "What's with that?"
>After pointing at the Tower of Box: "Because it is hideous."

>She laughs. "Yeah, the fanboys didn't do such a good job making the apartment building pretty-looking, ze. But at least it means somewhere for a bunch of them to stay without mooching off Byakuren, ze."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #445 on: October 29, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
>"So if we burn it down, we'd likely remove a lot of them. Good to know."
>That's probably a joking tone.
>"In the meantime, we'll avoid it like the plague."
>Onward to Byakustan.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #446 on: October 29, 2010, 01:36:59 AM »
>"So if we burn it down, we'd likely remove a lot of them. Good to know."
>That's probably a joking tone.

>Marisa chuckles. "Pretty sure the kappa'd be pissed about all that wiring going to waste, ze."

>"In the meantime, we'll avoid it like the plague."
>Onward to Byakustan.

>"Eh, the ones that can afford it are usually somewhat competent, ze." She shakes her head. "But yeah, don't want to visit without a reason."

>You skirt some of the empty fields and work your way to the Korindou road, and from there into the Human Village. As you get close, Marisa gives you a warning in a low voice.
>"Act natural, ze. Only had fanboys really act up when I'm not doing what they expect. Try not to look too much like a tourist, ze."

>It's a difficult rule to follow, as a closer look at the new buildings reveals dozens of strange new sights: Shops for 'electronics repairs,' novice magicians' shops, an unfamiliar general store competing with the one you usually do business with, an odd dome-topped building with a gold-painted cross over the door, and many others you can't get a proper look at due to either distance or risking the crowd's attention.

>And there IS a fair crowd, much of it fanboys - unfortunately the norm ever since their invasion really picked up. You've long since learned that the best way to deal with the people watching you so carefully is to ignore them and not do anything for them to gossip about, but occasionally one works up the courage to be foolish enough to try and talk to you, which is difficult to dissuade gracefully.

>Thankfully, when a freckled, orange-haired fanboy steps out of the crowd to try and speak with you, Marisa makes good on her offer to run interference, and sends him off with a story about introducing you to Byakuren, neatly avoiding any further detail.
>You have to admit that her skill at dealing with them can be useful at times.

>Soon enough, the two of you reach a rather plain-looking, but large, house of stone and clay, with a wooden plaque over the front door reading "Myouren Temple" in both English and Japanese. Small, carved wooden figures of people surround the plaque, several with animal youkai features, and one relatively large one holding an intricate scroll of sorts.

>"This is the place, ze!" Marisa says, a bit more loudly than really necessary.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #447 on: October 29, 2010, 01:53:37 AM »
>"So. Byakuren has dealt with this with you before? Um...would be it easier for you to explain I'm hear for the same thing?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #448 on: October 29, 2010, 02:14:41 AM »
>"So. Byakuren has dealt with this with you before? Um...would be it easier for you to explain I'm hearre for the same thing?"

>Marisa turns to face you, then her eyes briefly dart over to one of the fanboys still loitering nearby. You notice the ones behind her looking rather curious as well...

>She looks back at you and grins. "Heheh, bein' with me making you timid now, huh, Alice?" she says, still a little more loudly than necessary. Probably for the fanboys? Oh dear...
>"'course I came back to visit Byakuren to compare magic notes once she got settled in here, ze!" A chuckle. "Hell, you haven't even beaten her up, ze. It'll probably be easier for you anyway!"

>Marisa briefly adopts a serious expression. "Don't worry, the rat'll know what we're here for once we talk to her, ze." She smirks. "Since she's Nazrin!"

>You really hope she's just trying to be subtle...

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #449 on: October 29, 2010, 02:23:02 AM »
> "All right, whatever gets this over and done with. The quicker, the better."