Author Topic: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition  (Read 98026 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition
« Reply #450 on: October 29, 2010, 02:24:08 AM »
>Quietly: "You know what? If we're going to be doing this, I'm just going to shoot all the outsiders in hearing range. You want the left side or the right?"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #451 on: November 05, 2010, 05:13:38 AM »
> "All right, whatever gets this over and done with. The quicker, the better."

>Marisa chuckles slightly. "Aw, even being tsun about getting taken to meet her, ze?"

>Quietly: "You know what? If we're going to be doing this, I'm just going to shoot all the outsiders in hearing range. You want the left side or the right?"

>The witch pauses for a moment, then leans in to whisper back, "Not if you want Byakuren in a good mood."

>Marisa pulls away again, and grins after a moment. "Though maybe I shouldn't be teasing you with sweet little nothings right now, ze!"

>She laughs a little, hefts her broom over her shoulder, and heads for the front doors of the Temple.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #452 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:13 AM »
> Mental note: When this gets fixed, kill Koishi anyway.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #453 on: November 05, 2010, 05:23:30 AM »
>Follow her in.

« Reply #454 on: November 05, 2010, 05:29:05 AM »

Also find way to teas Marisa.  The current dynamic is frustratingly one sided.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #455 on: November 05, 2010, 05:33:15 AM »
Teasing Marisa, as things stand, will not work. We have too many ways to be countered. We need to get some dirt on her, or get something she wants. The best thing would be getting her deeply in debt.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #456 on: November 05, 2010, 06:02:52 AM »
Alternatively, we can simply not react to it in any meaningful way. Behavioral psychology dictates that the best way to stop negative behavior is to stop feeding it.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #457 on: November 05, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
Yes but the point is not to cut off our relationship with Marisa, asking her to stop teasing would be like asking us to regard people as worthy.

The point is to establish dominance, or at least challenge.

It's a game, one can walk away, but Marisa is worth more then that.  She is only barely tolerable but that makes her the best person around, and unfortunately even Magician Yokai are still social creatures.  (Why do you think Patully has koakuma?)

Still she can read us, no need to react in a way anyone else could see.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #458 on: November 05, 2010, 08:55:10 AM »
Wow, lot of introspection of Alice going on...

> Just ignore the teasing, while annoying, she doesn't really mean any harm. Beside, it's the fanboys fault for giving her the ammo. Fanboys are a acceptable target of our hate.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #459 on: November 05, 2010, 02:34:15 PM »
Alternatively, we can simply not react to it in any meaningful way. Behavioral psychology dictates that the best way to stop negative behavior is to stop feeding it.

She knows us too well for this to work as well. It'll just encourage her til explosions of one sort or another go down. Also I dunno if stoicism and Alice go together well in the long term.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #460 on: November 07, 2010, 03:03:48 AM »

>You're not confident you could get away with actually killing her without Reimu returning the favor, but you definitely have reason to make Koishi pay dearly for this...

> Just ignore the teasing, while annoying, she doesn't really mean any harm. Beside, it's the fanboys fault for giving her the ammo. Fanboys are a acceptable target of our hate.

>You've tried that. She never REALLY stops, but sometimes it's easier to shrug off... but the fanboys and 'memes' have generally made her more aggravating recently, yes. And they've certainly earned some animosity, alright...

>Follow her in.

>You follow behind Marisa as she shoves open the front door of the Temple and swaggers her way inside.
>"Yo, Nazrin!" she calls out, voice echoing a little from the size of the front room, "Need to talk with ya, ze!"

>From the entryway, you can see that the front room of the temple is a large, open room with a smooth stone floor and clay walls. There don't seem to be too many decorations based in the room itself, but you can see a few small Buddha statues and a few vaguely snake-like patterns in the walls.
>Then again, this is secondary to the disheartening presence of a few small groups of fanboys in the room, all staring over and you and Marisa thanks to her grand entry. One group off to the left is seated on a large blanket, in front of a woman wearing a blue and white Buddhist nun's robe and holding a large yellow ring with some sort of pink mist surrounding it. Two or three other groups of fanboys are elsewhere in the room, a handful of them wearing orange monk's robes.

>Also of note is the grey-clothed mouse youkai walking towards you and Marisa, frowning.
>"Marisa?" she asks, then glances at you, "... is this Alice? What are you here for?"

>"Bringing Alice to meet Byakuren, ze!" Marisa calls back, with an odd sort of salute. "And I bet you can guess why!"

>Nazrin's frown deepens, looking rather puzzled. "What do you..."
>Her nose twitches for a moment, and she trails off, looking at you from just a few feet away.
>"... nevermind, I think I can guess."

>Marisa laughs a little. "Since you're Nazrin, ze!"

>"Yes." Nazrin replies, dryly, "Since I'm Nazrin."
>She sighs. "She's in the back. I'll ask her if she's ready to see visitors right now."

>"Aw, but Alice really wants to see her!" Marisa goes on, still grinning.

>"I don't think she's about to turn you away, if that's what you're worried about." Nazrin replies, then turns to walk towards a door at the far end of the room.

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #461 on: November 07, 2010, 03:28:42 AM »
> Wait for Byakuren. Also make Shanghai glare at the fanboys.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #462 on: November 07, 2010, 03:33:43 AM »
>Resist murderous impulses. At least until Byakuren fixes this. Then all bets are off.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #463 on: November 07, 2010, 06:03:05 AM »
>Consider telling Marisa of the problems of not being able to deny you're tsundere without Marisa claiming you're tsundere exactly because you deny it.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #464 on: November 07, 2010, 06:13:22 AM »
>Consider telling Marisa of the problems of not being able to deny you're tsundere without Marisa claiming you're tsundere exactly because you deny it.

>That... would be an interesting topic to discuss, but you're not sure Marisa would take it seriously. You doubt it.

>Resist murderous impulses. At least until Byakuren fixes this. Then all bets are off.

>They're fucking everywhere! This is getting completely out of hand. Hopefully you won't have to put up with this too much longer...

> Wait for Byakuren. Also make Shanghai glare at the fanboys.

>Unfortunately, there's not much to do but to wait after the mouse youkai vanishes into the back room, aside from trying to dissuade the stares of the fanboys inside the temple.

>Curiously, it's... not as necessary as you thought. For the most part, only the group near the blue-and-white nun is still staring at you - the others have returned to talking with one another, or more often listening to one of the group talking about something, often one in a monk robe. That's... sort of unexpected.

>The group by the nun, on the other hand, is still staring at you and Marisa, wide-eyed. A few of them are whispering to each other with an excited tone.
>A few of them turn away from Shanghai's glare, but some of the others just stare at her in awe.

>The nun herself sighs at the attention her group is giving you, and taps the ring in her hand on the wall next to her.
>You feel a brief rush of wind as the pink mist around the ring suddenly bursts into a larger pink cloud, a man's face embedded in it and frowning at the assembled fanboys.
>Thankfully, this also attracts the attention of most of them. And after the nun clears her throat, the last few reluctantly turn back towards her, as well.

>"Thank you." the nun says, "And I think this is also a good time to address another important part of adapting to Gensokyo - try not to stare at, stalk, or otherwise bother people with magical traits, whether they have appeared in Touhou or not. If they have, then it's probably more important, since many of them have already heard most comments that fans would have about them. Make sure to be polite, and avoid intruding on their lives."
>"Teaching a new crowd of newbies, hitbox-tan?" Marisa asks, causing a bunch of the assembled fanboys to turn to look at her grin. Hm, looks like one of them is actually female. Whatever.
>The nun gives Marisa a pained smile. "Marisa, please don't call me that. This task is difficult enough already."
>Marisa laughs a little. "Alright, alright, ze." She looks over the assembled fanboys for a moment. "... take that stuff to heart, ze. Not everyone's so nice about you guys."

>Marisa walks away from the group 'hitbox-tan' seems to be teaching, and approaches another group of fanboys closer to the door Nazrin vanished into, leaning in to peer at their conversation.

>Conveniently, that door also opens, and Nazrin walks out of the back room of the Temple to look around for a moment. She spots you and starts walking toward you.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #465 on: November 07, 2010, 01:06:06 PM »
>Silently to Marisa: "hitbox-tan?"
>Then: "on second thougt don't answer that."
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #466 on: November 07, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
>Silently to Marisa: "hitbox-tan?"
>Then: "on second thougt don't answer that."

>You sneak close to Marisa and ask a question, then immediately regret it.

>Thankfully, her only real response is to chuckle and reply, "Hitbox-tan, ze."

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #467 on: November 07, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
>Whatever
>Go with Nazrin, sinc(ry

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #468 on: November 07, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »
>Whatever
>Go with Nazrin, sinc(ry

>Damnit, Marisa.

>You break away from the witch's attempts at eavesdropping on the fanboy cluster, and intercept Nazrin. She nods at you. "Head on in. Byakuren's ready for you."

>You start to head for the backroom door Nazrin used earlier, but-

>"Hold it, ze!"
>Marisa quickly sprints up alongside you and gives you a huge grin.
>"I don't suppose you want me taggin' along, ze?"

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
Do we want her tagging along? I'm guessing not but some people seemed to be planning stuff so...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #470 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
We probably don't.

>"And why are you so eager?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #471 on: November 07, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »
>"And why are you so eager?"

>"Heheh. To keep an eye on the tsundere, ze! It'd just be silly for you to try and confess through her, wouldn't it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: November 07, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
>"...The only confession I'll have to worry about is if I don't hide your carcass well enough after I'm through with you."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2010, 09:15:20 PM »
>"...The only confession I'll have to worry about is if I don't hide your carcass well enough after I'm through with you."

>Marisa laughs and slaps a hand on your back. "Guess I'll have to take that as a no, ze!"

>She backs away and returns to eavesdropping on one of the fanboy clusters. Well, it would be eavesdropping if they weren't all trying not to stare at her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2010, 09:33:48 PM »
>"Perhaps I can hide an exploding doll in your wardrobe..."
>Head toward the back!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #475 on: November 12, 2010, 09:57:09 AM »
>"Perhaps I can hide an exploding doll in your wardrobe..."

>"Before or after she gets into the bloomers, ze?" Marisa retorts, with a small laugh.

>Head toward the back!

>You decide you've had about enough verbal sparring with Marisa, and head for the back room of the Temple to meet Byakuren. You aren't interrupted, but Nazrin does give you a strange look and a nod while she leans against the wall, probably watching over the fanboys in the room.

>The back room has very similar architecture to the front, but there's a much quieter, solemn tone to it: The room is only dimly lit by softly glowing orbs hanging from the ceiling, a deep blue carpet quiets your footsteps, and there's a faint scent of incense. The room is more openly decorated with distinctly Buddhist items, including a rather sizable Buddha statue and smaller figurines of relevant deities.
>There's a number of stranger items hidden around the room as well, including a scroll of detached lights neatly rolled up by the Buddha statue - given the potent magic coming from it, your best guess is that Byakuren has a few decent magical items tucked away here.

>In the center of the room is a tall woman with long, flowing hair that gradually fades from purple to blond that you're fairly confident you can call Byakuren.

>"It is a pleasure to meet you, miss Margatroid." she says, with a rather kindly smile, "I would like to simply speak with you, but I think Nazrin hinted that you were had a more pressing problem to handle. Did Yukari decide to interfere with your gender?"

IBakaChan

« Reply #476 on: November 12, 2010, 04:00:59 PM »
> "It's a pleasure for me to meet you as well, miss Byakuren."
> Clear throat before speaking again.
> "T... True. But it was Koishi, one of the satori that live underground."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #477 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »
> "It's a pleasure for me to meet you as well, miss Byakuren."

>She seems pleasant enough, so you give her a polite greeting. She smiles and nods back.

> Clear throat before speaking again.
> "T... True. But it was Koishi, one of the satori that live underground."

>Not exactly the reason you'd like to be visiting for... and it sounds like she'd guessed it already.
>Byakuren gives you a puzzled frown. "... Koishi? That's the first I've heard of her pulling pranks like this..." She brings a hand up to her chin for a moment, considering. "But... I suppose if what the outworlders have said about her holds much truth, it might be something she'd do." She sighs. "A pity..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #478 on: November 15, 2010, 08:13:53 PM »
>Wait...
>"...Are you suggesting they put her up to it?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #479 on: November 15, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »
>Wait...
>"...Are you suggesting they put her up to it?"

>You don't like the sound of that...
>Byakuren frowns at your suggestion, and shakes her head. "I don't know. All I've really heard about her are rumors from the 'Touhou' series and the jokes surrounding it from the internet. I don't know if she came up with the idea on her own, or if someone else suggested it to her." Her frown deepens. "Though it's not a pleasant thing in either case."