Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 3 - Ask Question, Receive Answer  (Read 268600 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 3 - Ask Question, Receive Answer
« Reply #510 on: May 21, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »
My mind is going pretty crazy trying to think of a remix that I heard about a year ago.  It was a silly little remix where the vast majority of the music were random sound effects like whistles, Vaccuums (I think), meows (?). Not quite sure.  I'm pretty sure it was also a part of a compilation like the house sets, but I've already double checked all song in the house sets...

Help!  :V

You're probably thinking of this. I think a couple of other house set tracks use a similar sound (Phantom Ensemble and Futatsuiwa From Sado, I think?), so you could check those out as well.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Drake

« Reply #511 on: May 21, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »
I love that arrange so much. I always do a double-take on the far-away-door-shutting sound.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #512 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:03 PM »
You're probably thinking of this. I think a couple of other house set tracks use a similar sound (Phantom Ensemble and Futatsuiwa From Sado, I think?), so you could check those out as well.
No... That's not it.  It's a lot more goofier and made up of more random sounds (Like 95% of it).  I really appreciate you for helping though. :3 I'll search for it when I get back from work as well.  I'll post it if I ever find it, too.  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:37:04 PM by aceharding »

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34:44 AM »
Then it's almost certainly this remix of Phantom Ensemble, from the Perfect Cherry Blossom house set.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2013, 12:40:20 AM »
Then it's almost certainly this remix of Phantom Ensemble, from the Perfect Cherry Blossom house set.

WE HAVE A WINNER! Thanks so much! :3

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2013, 12:41:48 AM »

I did confirm earlier that Phantom Ensemble and Futatsuiwa From Sado were in fact the other two I was thinking of, although from half-listening to them at work it seemed like they were much lighter on sound effects than Lunate Elf. Wouldn't hurt to give both of them a listen, anyway.

On a related note, who should I be attributing those house sets to in my MP3 player? That's been an ongoing problem with my music library. They're not well labelled on Youtube unfortunately.

Drake

« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2013, 01:31:39 AM »
クロネコラウンジ (Black Cat Lounge) 
http://kuronekolounge.sakura.ne.jp/neko/KuronekoLounge.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rinx2musixxx/
It's basically the main contributing artist (凛)'s circle.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »
クロネコラウンジ (Black Cat Lounge) 
http://kuronekolounge.sakura.ne.jp/neko/KuronekoLounge.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rinx2musixxx/
It's basically the main contributing artist (凛)'s circle.

Neat, thank you.

« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
what is the best touhou music while playing dota?
ty

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »
what is the best touhou music while playing dota?
ty
Subjective choice of music remains subjective. Pick the one which you think makes you perform better.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:27:00 PM by Helepolis »

FFMaster

• worst mafia player ever
    • FFH

Drake

« Reply #521 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »
東方三月精 Touhou Sangetsusei
Eastern and Little Nature Deity
画像及び本文中の記載間違いに関するお詫びと訂正
Apology and correction in regards to errors in portraits and text passages

2007年1月26日に発売致しました「東方三月精 Eastern and Little Nature Deity」の画像及び本文中の記載に間違いがありました。
修正箇所につきましては、原作者監修のもと正誤表を作成致しましたので、ホームページにて掲載させていただきます。
読者の皆様はじめ、関係各位にはご迷惑をおかけしましたことをお詫びすると共に、ここに訂正させていただきます。
    In the 01/26/2007 release of Touhou Sangetsusei ~ Eastern and Little Nature Deity, there were errors in the portraits as well as the text.
In order to correct these passages, errata were written up with the supervision of the original author, and will be published on the home page.
To all of our readers, and to anyone else it may concern, we offer our sincerest apologies for the trouble we have caused, and humbly offer the corrections below.

コンプエース編集部
Comp-Ace Editorial

※この正誤表は原作者の監修の下、作成したものです。
These errata have been written up under the supervision of the original author.

●キャラクター紹介画像の誤掲載
  Character introduction portrait errors
誤 (Error)

正 (Correction)
[Youmu]         [Yuyuko]
[Yuyuko]         [Yukari]
[Keine]         [Reisen]
[Portraits from Imperishable Night are pictured]

●本文中の誤植箇所
  In-text misprinted passages
誤 (Error)

正 (Correction)
ヴワル図書館   (Voile Library)        紅魔館内の図書館   (The Library in the Scarlet Devil Mansion)
(藤原妹紅の種族)月人   (Fujiwara no Mokou's species; Lunarian)        人間   (Human)
幻想郷唯一の情報媒体   (Gensokyo's only news medium)        幻想郷の貴重な情報媒体   (Gensokyo's valuable news medium)
冥界の裁判官   (The Judge of the Netherworld)        地獄の裁判官   (The Judge of Hell)
麗夢   (Used "Rei" in "Hakurei" for "Reimu")        霊夢
全6タイトル   (All 6 titles)        全5タイトル   (All 5 titles)
蓬莱の玉の輿   (The jeweled palanquin of Hourai)        蓬莱の玉の枝   (The jeweled branch of Hourai)
森近霖之助(もりちかしんのすけ)   ("Shinnosuke")        森近霖之助(もりちかりんのすけ)

●キャラクター名英語表記の誤記
  Character name romanization errors
誤 (Error)

正 (Correction)
Lumia        Rumia
Chilno        Cirno
Hong Meyling        Hong Meirin
Pachery Knowledge        Patchouli Knowledge
Frandoll Scarlet        Frandre Scarlet
Rhetty Whiterock        Letty Whiterock
Tcheng        Chen
LillyWhite        Lily White
Merlan Prismriver        Merlin Prismriver
Rilica Prismriver        Lyrica Prismriver
Onoduka Komachi        Onozuka Komachi

Source: http://www.comptiq.com/release/comic/55touhou_owabi.html (dead)

crosspost to use for later reference

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #522 on: May 22, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
Can we all just agree to start calling Chen "Tcheng"? :derp:

« Reply #523 on: May 28, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
So, do kappa really kill people in the touhouverse? The print media seems to point at this but the manga make them seem so cute, and from what i have heard, the subject is brought up even in 13.5, so, i am really confused and concerned.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #524 on: May 28, 2013, 12:42:39 AM »
Kappa in folklore are said to love eating shirikodamas, a mythical organ located inside a human's anus that is said to contain their soul. Removing it klls the person.

Nitori has danmaku that references shirikodamas in Double Spoiler, and SPOILER FOR 13.5
Spoiler:
when encountering the whole village frozen with Kokoro's masks in 13.5
she comments on how easy it'd be to collect everyone's shirikodamas, but that's all there is to it.

Akyuu states in her monologue in PmISS that nobody really gets killed by youkai in Gensokyou nowadays; therefore I"d assume that kappa are not colecting this delicacy for consumption anymore... at least not from the Human Village. Yukari does makes some ominous comments about youkai getting their stomachs filled with a supply from somewhere in WaHH.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:46:12 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

« Reply #525 on: May 28, 2013, 12:48:41 AM »
True, but what do peaceful kappas need with a device said  to extract them as said in SiPM? Granted Marisa and Akyu could be lying, but....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:56:26 AM by X-sam »

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #526 on: May 28, 2013, 01:31:02 AM »
Kappa invent a lot of useless things, like mist capturing nets and steam powered robot ballons that can achieve nirvana. Just because they made it doesn't really mean that they use it. 'Sides, it's part of their nature to crave for the balls; maybe it's a way to remember people what kappa will do to you. Youkai in general need to remind people that they should be feared, after all.

And who knows. Maybe they are using it. Just not on the Human Village humans.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #527 on: May 28, 2013, 01:33:18 AM »
Granted Marisa and Akyu could be lying, but....
I am laughing so hard oh my god

I am sure if I point this out as a quote, you can see just what is wrong with it. Look veeeeeeeeery closely.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #528 on: May 28, 2013, 02:00:12 AM »
Despite what fandom would make one believe, Marisa doesn't lie about everything all the time. Unless there's a specific reason to believe that she's lying (some canon source stating clearly that the shirikodama-extracting thingy doesn't exist, for example), there's no reason to not take the statement at face value.

'Sides, the Shiriko Device is described as "unnecessary" by Akyuu, which could mean that they don't really use it (or that they are naturally good enough at extracting them balls, so the device is redundant).
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #529 on: May 28, 2013, 02:18:13 AM »
In Wild And Horned Hermit Reimu seems to be desperately searching for an excuse to go ape on the Kappa, but she doesn't come up with anything and has to leave them alone
Spoiler:
or not, based on Kasen's farcical web of lies
. If they were regularly ass-killing random humans she probably wouldn't have had to find another reason to exterminate them.

« Reply #530 on: May 28, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »
Despite what fandom would make one believe, Marisa doesn't lie about everything all the time. Unless there's a specific reason to believe that she's lying (some canon source stating clearly that the shirikodama-extracting thingy doesn't exist, for example), there's no reason to not take the statement at face value.

Didn't Shikieiki call Marisa on her excessive lying back in PoFV?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #531 on: May 28, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »

It's Shiki, she calls EVERYONE on something.

« Reply #532 on: May 28, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »
It's Shiki, she calls EVERYONE on something.

Wasn't most of of what she called everyone out on spot on though..?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #533 on: May 28, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »
Wasn't most of of what she called everyone out on spot on though..?

Agreed. If we're going to reason that we have no reason to assume Marisa is lying about any given thing she says that should count triple for Shikieki,

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #534 on: May 28, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »
I'll just return a bit to the kappa device to say, it's coul be that the Akyuu learned about it during on of the kappa bazars that she mentions. We don't really know the extent of Marisa's influence in the writting of the book, after all.

Back to Marisa's lying... like Akyuu's mistakes, misinformations and exaggerations, it's pretty much obvious when it happens. When I made my "Marisa doesn't lie all the time", it was more in response to Setsakura implying that SoPM is unreliable solely because of its authors; Marisa isn't really show to lie about descriptions of danmaku and spell cards, for instance, so why would she lie about a list of items that the kappa have? Doesn't make sense, and nothing points towards that.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #535 on: May 28, 2013, 10:01:54 PM »
I'll just return a bit to the kappa device to say, it's coul be that the Akyuu learned about it during on of the kappa bazars that she mentions. We don't really know the extent of Marisa's influence in the writting of the book, after all.

Back to Marisa's lying... like Akyuu's mistakes, misinformations and exaggerations, it's pretty much obvious when it happens. When I made my "Marisa doesn't lie all the time", it was more in response to Setsakura implying that SoPM is unreliable solely because of its authors; Marisa isn't really show to lie about descriptions of danmaku and spell cards, for instance, so why would she lie about a list of items that the kappa have? Doesn't make sense, and nothing points towards that.

Sounds like standard embellishment to me. She potentially exaggerates the danger some of the tamer creatures pose so that they, and by extension she and her book, seem more exciting. There's nothing to suggest that she's definitely lying, but that doesn't seem terribly unlikely for a lie given that she is known to do so sometimes.

That isn't to say Kappa are totally harmless, given that
Spoiler:
they could have easily hurt someone with their landslide shenanigans in Wild And Horned Hermit unless they took some safety precautions we didn't hear about
, but I don't think modern Gensokyo Kappa seem to be so much malicious as sometimes careless.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #536 on: May 29, 2013, 04:27:03 AM »
That isn't to say Kappa are totally harmless, given that
Spoiler:
they could have easily hurt someone with their landslide shenanigans in Wild And Horned Hermit unless they took some safety precautions we didn't hear about
, but I don't think modern Gensokyo Kappa seem to be so much malicious as sometimes careless.

Either that or Kanako is bossing them into rushing designs out without doing safety testing. :V

The kappa should form a worker's union. :getdown:

« Reply #537 on: May 29, 2013, 07:12:16 AM »
Sounds like standard embellishment to me. She potentially exaggerates the danger some of the tamer creatures pose so that they, and by extension she and her book, seem more exciting. There's nothing to suggest that she's definitely lying, but that doesn't seem terribly unlikely for a lie given that she is known to do so sometimes.

I don't believe it is standard embellishment, as Kappa are known to do it. Hopeless Masquerade pretty much confirms this, if the other works and games wasn't enough proof.

There may be slight exaggerations, but I would not say by much. The threat chart is listed for normal humans. That book is not even publicly available until PMiSS, so it is not about making the book more exciting. It is about warning humans the dangers that they could face.
As for giving theories and the like, you know when she does it, since she pretty much tells you so.

That isn't to say Kappa are totally harmless, given that they could have easily hurt someone with their landslide shenanigans in Wild And Horned Hermit unless they took some safety precautions we didn't hear about, but I don't think modern Gensokyo Kappa seem to be so much malicious as sometimes careless.

Maliciousness and carelessness are no different when it comes to endangering humans. The end result is the same, threat to humans. That is mainly what the threat level chart is about. It isn't that some characters are malicious, if they were, the said human would be dead. It is that being around them poses danger.

Drake

« Reply #538 on: May 29, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »
The main issue with the threat charts are that it's Akyuu's analysis from her knowledge. It seems mostly accurate for sure, but when you get to the Chireiden group in particular, Akyuu rates at least the Komeiji sisters a bit higher than she should, because nobody has been in contact with them for very long. Her descriptions of Satori and Koishi are based on previous knowledge of former hell, the satori, and how they were hated. It's the uninformed narrator thing going on, even if for the most part it's accurate.

« Reply #539 on: May 30, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »
Satori, I am unsure why it is very high, but Koishi's threat is unknown. Satori's threat level may be related to her location.