Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 3 - Ask Question, Receive Answer  (Read 269569 times)

Re: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 3 - Ask Question, Receive Answer
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
I might be wrong, but I think the threat level doesn't indicate how strong they are. It's a mix of how likely they'll attack you and how strong they are.
I know it's been said so many times but take a look at Eiki. She had a low threat level because she won't just sentence anyone she met, though she'll lecture those who need it. So she's not that dangerous. Another example is Byakuren, Akyuu know that she won't attack or kill humans but she still have doubt about her, thus giving her an unknown threat level because she's not sure about it(or Byakuren is actually hiding some awesome ability, who knows?).
For the Chireiden group, it's probably because Akyuu doesn't have enough information(Okuu), don't understand how they think(Koishi), and only rate it based on past knowledge rather than actual experience with them(Satori). It's already been said that Akyuu does travel and interview some of those Youkai, she probably never had the chance to go underground.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:52:15 AM by monhan »

Drake

« Reply #541 on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:37 AM »
Sort of correct. It isn't "how likely they'll attack you", but essentially a danger or threat level of that youkai passively being around humans. Human friendship level is more of an indicator of how likely a youkai might be antagonistic towards humans. For example, Yuyuko's human friendship level is high, but her danger level is very high, because humans simply being around her may lead them to death. Eiki poses little danger to humans because nothing about her causes a possibility of danger.
Byakuren is at an unknown threat level due to the shakiness of her claims that she wants human-youkai equality. Her whole character is about the inconsistencies between her words and actions, her lack of relevant knowledge on how Gensokyo works, how she will dubiously defend youkai who might have say, attacked a human village and is being retaliated upon. She has a bias for youkai, possibly against humans, and either doesn't think she does or doesn't want to admit it. It's that sort of uncertainty with her that causes the unknown threat level.

The part about Chireiden is what I was saying earlier, too.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #542 on: May 31, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »
I might be wrong, but I think the threat level doesn't indicate how strong they are. It's a mix of how likely they'll attack you and how strong they are.

Yeah, I made no mention about it being how strong they are, but I may have mention the possible effects, because they are strong. I believe Threat Level has to do with how dangerous it is to be around them. Which is why I don't understand the Very High threat for Satori. I don't believe it is that dangerous to be around Satori.
So, I conclude that because Satori never actually leaves Chireiden, which is a very dangerous area, it may be why you see the Very High threat level. In this case, I think if you are around her, you are in Palace of the Earth Spirits, which is a very dangerous. Either that or the animals and spirits around her is dangerous and thus the very high threat level.

For the Chireiden group, it's probably because Akyuu doesn't have enough information(Okuu), don't understand how they think(Koishi), and only rate it based on past knowledge rather than actual experience with them(Satori). It's already been said that Akyuu does travel and interview some of those Youkai, she probably never had the chance to go underground.

I also do not think she has went underground. But I am unsure, since she does mention something specific about the Palace of Earth Spirits. Like saying it comes with equipped with heated floors. How does she know this? Has she been there before during her time serving the Yama(probably Eiki)?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #543 on: May 31, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »
It would be possible that Akyuu has asked other people like Marisa how the Former Hell is like nowadays.

« Reply #544 on: May 31, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »
How would Marisa know this? I assume she was flying when she went in Chireiden. At least that is what happens in the games.

Drake

« Reply #545 on: May 31, 2013, 08:27:13 AM »
Marisa's very likely been down to Chireiden afterwards, as she does with basically everywhere she's gone before. The information Akyuu received is almost definitely Marisa's accounts. Even if it weren't true, I could easily see Marisa joking that Chireiden has heated floors. Seriously that's hilarious.
Reimu is also confirmed to have at least talked to Akyuu about them.

The very high threat level, as said before, is likely due to gaps in knowledge being filled by what Akyuu already figured satori were like, and their history with former hell. It's at odds with her countermeasures, where she says Satori is a terrifying youkai but won't attack you, and because she's alone so often she probably isn't very strong, but her strength is actually unknown. She's just being overly wary from the lack of information.

hind

• smt elitist
  • huh?
    • you'll find everything here
« Reply #546 on: May 31, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
Speaking of Akyuu, I've always wondered...
Her brain is well developed but her body is weak. She's unfortunate for having a short life even amongst the short-lived humans.
If Akyuu (or pretty much any Child of Miare) is frail, how does she document incidents in the Gensokyo Chronicle? Does she ask the heroines to retell what happened in vivid detail, and then purely imagining what it was like would stick in her memory? I mean, dude. Danmaku battles are some dangerous business.  :V
EDIT should have read more carefully. She does travel, but the point about her being frail still stands.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:05:15 PM by io nitta »
:D

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #547 on: May 31, 2013, 01:11:02 PM »
Speaking of Akyuu, I've always wondered...If Akyuu (or pretty much any Child of Miare) is frail, how does she document incidents in the Gensokyo Chronicle? Does she ask the heroines to retell what happened in vivid detail, and then purely imagining what it was like would stick in her memory? I mean, dude. Danmaku battles are some dangerous business.  :V
Pretty much yeah. Like in SOPM, she got Marisa, Kanako, Byakuren and Miko to have a talk with eachother, so she must have asked about the events and the youkais involved in them.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #548 on: May 31, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »
Akyuu and Hatate should hang out. Thoughtography would probably be pretty handy for a historian.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

hind

• smt elitist
  • huh?
« Reply #549 on: June 01, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »
Pretty much yeah. Like in SOPM, she got Marisa, Kanako,
Byakuren and Miko to have a talk with eachother, so she
must have asked about the events and the youkais involved in
them.
Ah. I thought so. SoPM is kind of different in terms of how, well, SPECIAL it was. I do imagine Akyuu calling over the person who resolved the incident. Unless the creature who caused the incident has become or is calm, it would be too dangerous for Akyuu to talk to them directly. In terms of "danger" its probably from lower tier bosses (in game terms, not in power. its already been established that stage is not a reliable measure of power) like Rumia, Yoshika, Okuu (pretty
much either stupid or are under a more capable master or even both) ect. These are just examples. For example, Rumia causes a shakeup by trying to lure away children from the Human Village in broad daylight. Reimu happens to be there and danmakus the bejeebus out of her. After all's swell, Akyuu would interview Reimu on the matter. If she interviews Rumia, she'll probably try to retaliate, because she's a total dunce. Okuu showed how truly stupid she is in SWR2.
Sanae: Wait, wait! I'm a shrine maiden of Lady Kanako!
Utsuho: Um. Who's Lady Kanako?
As for Yoshika it simply goes by saying she's a jiang shi. Basically, she should rot quickly, but Seiga put that charm on her which makes not only resistant to rot but makes her obey
her every command. Seiga doesn't like Akyuu snooping around too much? Snack for Yoshika.
Also, all of the people who caused incidents don't really fit into these catogories, nor do their allies/servants. Even if Yuyuko is a bit of an airhead, she would probably have no
problem talking to Akyuu.
Akyuu and Hatate should hang out. Thoughtography would
probably be pretty handy for a historian.
Mm, didn't Aya help edit some of PMiSS? Maybe she could introduce the two formally. A great contrast between modern (to an extent) and old fashioned.  ;)

Ah, my internet wasn't working so I saved to my pen memo...totally messed up the format. I fixed the blaring html errors, but I'll come back for the work on the spacing. Welp, way to learn your lesson.  :P
EDIT fixed!! hopefully no one saw that, it's super embarrassing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:13:04 AM by io nitta »

Drake

« Reply #550 on: June 01, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »
zun being amazing: issue 2136

« Reply #551 on: June 01, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »
zun being amazing: issue 2136

Heh, I laughed when I was reading OSP and saw that. I was like, "Wait a minute..."

FS shows a scene of her waking up from the coffin too. Apparently she shoves the lid off to the side and just leaves it there the rest of the day. Charisma break.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #552 on: June 01, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »
It must be noted, in FS Ch 6, Akyuu has been shown to be unusually strong, healthy and energetic. She carried a full jar of sake in one hand to Suzunaan, without breaking a sweat or panting, then immediately launched into a lecture about her plans.

I take it as a sign that she has found some way to extend her life, and her mortality will never be a problem again.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #553 on: June 01, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »
Pretty much yeah. Like in SOPM, she got Marisa, Kanako, Byakuren and Miko to have a talk with eachother, so she must have asked about the events and the youkais involved in them.

Akyuu travels quite a bit, a lot more than any 10 year old(Approximate age when PMiSS is out) should be doing. She has been to Forest of Magic, Garden of the Sun, and Road of Reconsideration. The last area being quite dangerous.
I don't think a normal 10 year old can travel to those places, so Akyuu should be in better shape than the average human.

Marisa's very likely been down to Chireiden afterwards, as she does with basically everywhere she's gone before. The information Akyuu received is almost definitely Marisa's accounts. Even if it weren't true, I could easily see Marisa joking that Chireiden has heated floors. Seriously that's hilarious.
Reimu is also confirmed to have at least talked to Akyuu about them.

The reason why I guess that Akyuu could have been there is because there is another place she described, which I think no character, but Eiki, Komachi, or Yuyuko could have been to. And that area is Higan. The only way she would be able to describe that area is either to ask one of those 3 or to have been there herself.
And the way she talks about it, unlike Capitol of the Moon, seems to imply she has been there. In the latter, she mentions how Capitol of the Moon "is said blah blah blah". In the former, she just describes Higan, without hinting that she is getting it from another source.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #554 on: June 01, 2013, 09:06:27 AM »
I actually wonder how much tine ends up passing before Akyuu gets resurrected each time.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #555 on: June 01, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »
I actually wonder how much tine ends up passing before Akyuu gets resurrected each time.

It takes nearly a hundred years to prepare her body for the next reincarnation. She spends that time working for the Yama in Hell.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #556 on: June 01, 2013, 11:00:02 AM »
It takes nearly a hundred years to prepare her body for the next reincarnation. She spends that time working for the Yama in Hell.
Aye, thanks. Though next question involving Akyuu is that is the twenty year age always been there or did Aichi (The original Akyuu) live longer but with each resurrection her time to live has been gradually decreased? In Foreword of PMISS, she says
We, the Hieda family, decided to collect information about Gensokyo's most prominent youkai every one hundred twenty to one hundred eighty years in order to ensure humans to live in safety.
So that made me wonder.
Also, does each incarnation of Akyuu born in the current Hieda falimy what might live during that time or does she born in some random family until she can regain all of her memories?

« Reply #557 on: June 01, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
I figured she didn't say "It is said" regarding Higan because she retained her memories of the place when she was dead and worked for the yama. Though that's rather speculative, of course.

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #558 on: June 01, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can Hatate control wind? Is the manipulation of wind an innate ability of the tengu or does it vary from tengu to tengu?
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #559 on: June 01, 2013, 04:38:10 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can Hatate control wind? Is the manipulation of wind an innate ability of the tengu or does it vary from tengu to tengu?
Nothing about Hatate implies she uses wind manipulation, so either she isn't trained  enough to use it or she just doesn't bother.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #560 on: June 01, 2013, 05:34:15 PM »
Manipulating wind is said to be a natural trait for tengu. But Hatate was never seen using it, so there's no telling how good she is at it.

« Reply #561 on: June 01, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »
Also, does each incarnation of Akyuu born in the current Hieda falimy what might live during that time or does she born in some random family until she can regain all of her memories?

I'm pretty sure it is not random. But it could well be.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #562 on: June 02, 2013, 01:42:18 AM »
(This is primarily for cuc, but of course anyone else feel free to jump in.)

I seem to recall you drawing parallels between Kokoro and this goddess. I can definitely see some parallels there, but I was wondering if you could expand on your thoughts.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

hind

• smt elitist
  • huh?
« Reply #563 on: June 02, 2013, 12:35:40 PM »
(This is primarily for cuc, but of course anyone else feel free to jump in.)

I seem to recall you drawing parallels between Kokoro and this goddess. I can definitely see some parallels there, but I was wondering if you could expand on your thoughts.
That statue in the article looks just like Kokoro's "lady like" mask...

Rin Kaenbyou

• Hell's traffic accident
  • Nyehehehe!
« Reply #564 on: June 02, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »
I have a question, not sure if goes here...

Are there any models for MMD, or GTA:SA of the new girls?
Atte: Orin, the most awesome cat (and catgirl)  you ever seen baby!

I love my master Satori, she's so warm and kind... and when I am in her bed with her, she does **** and **** with my precious body... Ahhhh... This feels too good, nyaaaa~
Wait! what are you thinking, pervert? she scratches my chin and pets my back, y-you baka!

hind

• smt elitist
  • huh?
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2013, 05:42:40 AM »
I have a question, not sure if goes here...

Are there any models for MMD, or GTA:SA of the new girls?
Not yet. Even if there are, they're probably low quality 12 year old on deviantart quality.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
Any idea why no one just cut down the Saigyouji tree in the first place if it's such a threat? :V

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2013, 11:07:29 PM »
Any idea why no one just cut down the Saigyouji tree in the first place if it's such a threat? :V
I believe it's Youmu's job to make sure that doesn't happen as the Netherworld's Gardner. Even if the Saigyou is a massive threat to everyone, Yuyuko likes it, therefore Youmu will cut YOU down before even getting close to the tree.

On a related note, does Yuyuko ever learn that it's her corpse sealing the tree?
I finally got ahead!

Drake

« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2013, 11:55:02 PM »
It's said that she doesn't know who she's trying to unseal, and she whimsically stops caring about it after PCB. Problem is you can never really tell with Yuyuko.

« Reply #569 on: June 04, 2013, 11:44:53 PM »
TVTropes stated that Yuyuko got her memory back, but I can't really remember seeing that in any dialogues or endings or canon source. Maybe my memory is off.