Author Topic: Power Tiers and PC-98  (Read 2252 times)

Power Tiers and PC-98
« on: July 22, 2013, 08:52:59 PM »
As everyone here probably knows, Reimu cooked up Spell Card rules between MS and ESoD. That's why in part creating actual tier lists are difficult, since spell card battles aren't reflective of everyone's true power (particularly for people like Meiling).

What about PC-98 danmaku battles then? For example, would Reimu, Marisa, Yuka, and Mima be a higher on the 'how much ass I could kick if I actually wanted to kill you?' scale than say, Shinki? Or could Shinki pretty much stomp them into the ground if they fought to the death.

Because I've watched Mima's good ending on Youtube, and her ending could mostly be condensed to 'sheesh, she's pretty weak for a god, what's stopping me or Reimu from becoming a god if they're just that powerful?'.

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
Re: Power Tiers and PC-98
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »
Oh, boy. Do I smell a powerlevel discussion brewing? You could get in trouble for that on this forum.  I'll just say that while PC-98 battles don't use Spell Cards, as in attacks with names and specified time limits, they do have one thing in common with the Spell Card Rules. They all use patterns, which no matter what difficulty you choose, always give the opponent (the girl you pick) a chance to dodge. Saying that they're all fights to the death would be an overstatement. And another thing, the whole PC-98 was pretty much retconned by ZUN, so anything goes. Only 4 characters and the fundamental gameplay mechanics got carried over to the Windows Touhou.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »
They all use patterns, which no matter what difficulty you choose, always give the opponent (the girl you pick) a chance to dodge.
That could be said for all shmups though.

Anyway, this will inevitably end up in powerlevel discussions. So I can finally fullfil my dream of using this old gif.

Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »
Nope nope nope.