Author Topic: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)  (Read 152388 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Nobody Cares How Good You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 04:33:17 AM »
6: Normal 1cc, I'll beat you one day Flan
7: Normal 1cc, getting to Ran's 3rd card :3c
8: Normal 1cc
10: Normal 1cc, Extra
11: Normal 1cc, Lunatic 87cc (and by 'cc' I mean seeing Border of Wave and Particle once before being obliterated); seeing Philosophy of a Hated Person
12: Normal 1cc, Extra
Dimatouhoo 12 (Touhou 12 + Dimahoo): 2ccing both Stage 1s.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Re: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 06:24:27 AM »
After a four-week Touhou hiatus, I opened up SA and managed consecutive timeouts of Flying Insect's Nest and BoWaP (Double Black Death Butterfly still eludes me). Glad to know that my skills haven't completely decayed.

Now back to hibernation...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Nobody Cares How Good You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 06:33:34 AM »
This thread has less than usual opening posts. I am worried.

Tsk, fine. Everything is on lunatic.

General

All 17 games 1cc'd on lunatic. All spell cards captured. All Windows stages beaten on lunatic no deaths.

---

HRtP: Both routes 1cc'd, all bosses perfected.

SoEW: Lunatic 1cc with two shot types, extra cleared with two shot types, beaten with no double-tapping.

PoDD: Lunatic 1cc, Yumemi

LLS: Lunatic 1cc with all shot types, first three bosses perfected at max rank. Extra cleared with all shot types, no bombs, no deaths (separate, not together).

MS: Lunatic 1cc with two shot types, extra cleared with all shot types, no deaths

EoSD: Lunatic 1cc with all shot types, extra cleared with all shot types, no bombs, no deaths.

PCB: Lunatic 1cc with four shot types, stage 5 and 6 perfected, extra/phantasm clear with all shot types, no deaths (PCB extra beaten no bombs and no focus)

IaMP: Lunatic 1cc, Yukari

IN: Lunatic 1cc with all four teams, all last words captured, Flawless Nirvana timeout, last spell rush cleared in one go, extra clear with all teams, no deaths, no focus

PoFV: Lunatic 1cc, Aya (WHOOOOO), extra clear with two characters

StB: All 85 scenes cleared

MoF: Lunatic 1cc with two shot types, stage 5  perfect, extra clear with all shot types, no deaths (beaten one death and no bombs)

SWR: Lunatic 1cc, Youmu

SA: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear with all shot types, perfect clear

UFO: Lunatic 1cc, extra clear with all shot types, no deaths

12.3: Lunatic 1cc, Meiling

DS: All 108 Aya scenes cleared, all 99 Hatate scenes cleared

---

And now, the bosses I have perfected:

Shingyoku, Yuugenmagan, HRtP Mima, Elis, Kikuri, Sariel, Konngara

Rika, Meira, SoEW Mima

Orange, Kurumi, Elly

Sara, Luize, MS Alice, Yuki/Mai

Rumia, Cirno, Meiling

Letty, Chen, PCB Alice, Youmu, Yuyuko

Wriggle, Mystia, Keine, Reisen, Kaguya

Minoriko, Hina, Nitori, Aya, Sanae

Yamame, Parsee, Yugi, Koishi

Nazrin, Kogasa, Ichirin

---

And finally, the disgusting amount of bosses I've beaten with only one mistake:

Magic Stones, stage 5 Yuka, Mugetu/Gengetu (counted as one), Sakuya, Remilia, Prismrivers, Reimu, Kanako, Suwako, Satori, Orin, Utsuho, Murasa, Shou

* Donut deep breath

I'm getting too old for this...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »
Is freeing myself from the touhou addiction an accomplishment? :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
BURN THE HERETIC
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 06:12:42 PM »
Perfected PCB Extra. Must be the 2500th person to do it or something.

What's that safespot on Izuna Gongen? Everytime I was somewhere that looked safe Ran was really far away and I barely did any damage.
Or better yet, how do you make her not move so much that the last phase completely goes to hell?
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »
What's that safespot on Izuna Gongen? Everytime I was somewhere that looked safe Ran was really far away and I barely did any damage.
Or better yet, how do you make her not move so much that the last phase completely goes to hell?
Answer to both questions:Sit directly below her and hope :D

But yeah getting a safespot or not is a bit of luck. You'll probably be inside bullets too, but they all have small hitboxes so.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »
I just wish the safespot was consistent. Getting pacifist runs ruined just because I can't duplicate this is complete suck. I have no idea how I managed to get the attack going that way just so I could misdirect it.

Cave currently has a lot of my shmup interest thanks to Deathsmiles and Futari. A lesser bit due to ESPGaluda II. But Touhou is still great too.

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »
Cave currently has a lot of my shmup interest thanks to Deathsmiles and Futari.

Hm? Are you playing the 360 versions? I don't believe Futari was released for MAME...:/

Also managed to make it up to Shou in UFO Hard today without game overing! A 1cc shouldn't be too far off, if I can get enough bombs for Byakuren.

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 06:56:23 PM »
Of course it's 360 versions. Deathsmiles, Futari, and ESPGaluda II can't even be emulated.

Though I wouldn't have a problem with them being able to be since more people could play them then.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:07 AM »
Of course it's 360 versions. Deathsmiles, Futari, and ESPGaluda II can't even be emulated.

When did those come out? The last time I checked, like 2-3 months ago, they weren't available.

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 03:03:20 AM »
Yay!  I finally finished MS's Extra with Mima! It's my first clear, actually

Honestly, I'd have finished it earlier, but for some reason my anex86 simply makes bullets turn invisible when there are too many of 'em on the screen. 

You can imagine how it would look on Alice's final attack.

Child Alice in a maid outfit.. fufufu

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 03:45:12 AM »
Futari was like November of last year. It's region free. ESPGaluda II, was I think February, though I only got it recently. It's also region free, but only on the standard edition.

And of course Deathsmiles came out in the US at the end of last month.

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 03:51:18 AM »
Futari was like November of last year. It's region free. ESPGaluda II, was I think February, though I only got it recently. It's also region free, but only on the standard edition.

And of course Deathsmiles came out in the US at the end of last month.

And they're all 360 exclusive, meaning those of us who just have PS3 and Wii will never be able to play them.

;_;

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 04:13:16 AM »
And they're all 360 exclusive, meaning those of us who just have PS3 and Wii will never be able to play them.

;_;

I haz Wii, my bro PS3 and 360. I play the PS2 all the time, but never the other 3, cause my PS2 game library > our Wii, PS3 and 360 libraries combined. Like, 5 RPGs between the 3 consoles, while I have at LEAST 15 for the PS2. RPGs and Touhou are all I play.

Drake

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 04:49:47 AM »
i just noticed the title change lol nobu

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 06:08:39 AM »
Today I realized that I had downloaded Phantasm Romance and had it for months (I only got it because I wanted Reimu's boss theme and forgot about the rest). I gave it a go, and sightread Another Mode up until Mima. It was quite fun by danmakufu standards until Suika and Mima began shooting surprise attacks that spawned bullets on top of me.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »
Eh... my list:

HrTP: Skipped this elegantly.
SoEW: Normul modo clear. I must be very proud.
PoDD: Same as HrTP.
LLS: Lunatic 1cc - in the glory of let's play this, hurr i won.
MS: Hard 1cc. Considering to do Lunatic sometime soon. I just need to get around to it.
EoSD: Lunatic 1cc. Stage 4 was a trainwreck but made up for in S5 and S6
PCB: Lunatic 1cc. IN: Lunatic 1cc. PoFV: Hard 1cc. Lol Hax Aya Modo
MoF: Lunatic 1cc. SA: Lunatic 1cc.
UFO Hard 1cc: Easy as pie but i'm leaving Lunatic for those of you who actually enjoy this.

Notable Timeouts:

Apollo 13, Brilliant Dragon Bullet, Buddhist Diamond, Asteroid Belt No Focus, IN Spell 21 No-focus, Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, Virtue of Wind God, Hell God Sword, all PCB Alice's Spells. Maybe more.

Perfects:

EoSD: Rumia, Cirno and Meiling.
PCB: Letty, Chen, Alice, Prismriver Sisters, Youmu, Yuyuko and Ran.
IN: Wriggle, Mystia, Keine and Marisa
MoF: Minoriko, Hina, Nitori, Aya and Sanae
SA: Yamame, Parsee, Yuugi, Orin, Utsuho.
UFO: Nazrin, Ichirin and Murasa.

Very much so.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »
Oh hey, perfect Shou after not fighting her for like months. Pretty nice I guess.
Also 1DNB LFO timeout phase.

It was quite fun by danmakufu standards until Suika and Mima began shooting surprise attacks that spawned bullets on top of me.

You're gonna love the Reimu fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »
You're gonna love the Reimu fight.

As though I have the drive to get that far. :P Also, how's progress on that?

Anyway, I did the most delightful thing:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9547

Skip to LFO and you will bear witness to the most WTF capture of the attack there ever was.

Jaimers

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2010, 07:36:10 PM »
Also, how's progress on that?

:effort:
Although I technically already beat it. Her final spell is different in a 1cc run and thus "extra shit".  :P

nintendonut888

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »
:effort:
Although I technically already beat it. Her final spell is different in a 1cc run and thus "extra shit".  :P

Did you record it? :< I really want to see a 1cc up to her final attack.

Jaimers

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
Funny story: I somehow had the idea that I was playing on MAME and accidentally pressed F12 to take a screenshot after Printscreen.  :colonveeplusalpha:

nintendonut888

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
...No chance you'd want to try again?  :ohdear: I'll do anything you want me to do in return!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »

Oh, yeah. Finally beat Mokou, bringing the total number of extra stage bosses I've beaten to 3. It boiled down to capturing her first 5 spell cards which was a total fluke, then acting like I knew what I was doing on the remaining ones and doing a shoddy job of that. Seriously, I entered Phoenix's Tail on such a good note and it was almost too messy after that. Still beat her though. Jelly doughnuts tomorrow morning for breakfast.
Funny story: I somehow had the idea that I was playing on MAME and accidentally pressed F12 to take a screenshot after Printscreen.  :colonveeplusalpha:
I had to rewatch the entire replay for this goofy little pic.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Bananamatic

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
to be honest, I never managed to score a billion on IN extra myself

Jaimers

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
...No chance you'd want to try again?  :ohdear: I'll do anything you want me to do in return!
ANYTHING?   

Spoiler:
Break a billion score in UFO lunatic.

Nah, I'll definitely try to 1cc it again, I'm not that much of a dick to just drop it.

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 01:09:02 AM »
Spoiler:
Break a billion score in UFO lunatic.

u first  :]

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 04:59:04 AM »
FUCKING SOURCE OF RAINS LUNATIC CAPTURE YEAH.

This is coming from someone who has trouble with the Normal version. Though I did use Marisa C, it doesn't matter on that card since Kanako MOVES.

And then ANOTHER VoWG CAPTURE RIGHT AFTER.

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »
to be honest, I never managed to score a billion on IN extra myself

Really? Even on the worst of my runs i always drag at least 1.5 billion out of it. Even my initial clear i did 2 years ago had a score of about 950 million.