Author Topic: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)  (Read 159613 times)

Formless God

Re: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »
Real men troll on THE HARDEST BIDYA GAME BOSS EVER o/

Bananamatic

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »
Real men troll on THE HARDEST BIDYA GAME BOSS EVER \o/
too many people to get decent responses

still, patchy really wrecks my shit

I'd have to memorize both NDLs, the stupid hitboxes should get better, luckshit should stop being luckshit and Bury in Lake should just disappear from the game

obviously this isn't going to happen so yeah

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »
NDL is a joke and does not really matter much. I captured both NDL occurances in my run. Just do what I did. You can play it a little safer as well.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2010, 03:35:36 PM »
No. NDL is hell and kills everybody I play this game with.
Tis why I hate Yuyuko's sine wave + laser spin attack.

« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
I challenged LLS Stage 2 boss who are too insignificant to remember. On lunatic naturally. Finally captured that blasted 2nd phase. Took 31 attempts on highest possible rank. (This game does have rank doesn't it? It seemed to go much slower every time it killed me.)

What's something like that doing in S2? 31 attempts. Thats more attempts than i spent on any of Kogasa's attacks.

I was trolling, do not take seriously

Were you intentionally trolling?

Bananamatic

« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2010, 04:47:45 PM »
Were you intentionally trolling?
I was merely "testing" the other side of the touhou community

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
No. NDL is hell and kills everybody I play this game with.
NDL IS EASY

LEFT
STREAM RIGHT
RIGHT
STREAM LEFT
REPEAT FOR BOTH

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2010, 05:28:33 PM »
I was merely "testing" the other side of the touhou community

Hmm? Wanting to see if it was possible to convert them into Touhou haters? Or did you actually expect them to sit down and discuss about the topic you suggested?

I think this is true for a lot of Touhou fans: I don't really care much for shmups in general. I'm only interested in Touhou. Its the only shmup that has this special indescripable feeling to it that makes it addicting and fun.

So whenever someone comes out of nowhere to tell us that our games are too easy and the only way you can die in them are because of poorly designed gameplay and bad controls, we get a bit annoyed. If that's your opinion, that's totally fine but i don't understand what kind of response you would expect when you go to a Touhou-dedicated fan forum and start with something like that.

What was the goal of that test?

It would be like if I went to a Final Fantasy board and told them that they should stop playing their mediocre RPG's and instead turn to Fallout 3 or Oblivion were your gaming skill has impact on the game unlike FF which is all about strategy, statistics and luck.

Bananamatic

« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »
Hmm? Wanting to see if it was possible to convert them into Touhou haters? Or did you actually expect them to sit down and discuss about the topic you suggested?
I wanted to see how these dudes can handle blatant trolling, seeing how a simple "this is stolen from mcroll" makes an average touhou fan rage

different message boards=different "internet" levels

obviously, trolling on MoTK is way harder(or just plain impossible) than on Gaia Online, where a simple copypasta creates a shitstorm...before it gets buried under the Naruto threads.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2010, 09:40:27 PM »
I just love how you bitch and whine about most of us seeing you as a troll and then admit to trolling.

realized that I don't like the games or touhou in general anymore.

*snip*

80% of people see me as a blatant troll and a horrible shitposter
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Bananamatic

« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »
do we seriously need to bring up that shit again

I trolled, but not here. You considered my posts trollish(yeah they were daft crap but my intention was not to start a forum war, let alone troll MoTK), so I went to get some "feedback" somewhere else.
That's all.

now post some goddamn achievements

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »
Concealed the Conclusion lunatic 1cc is up.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I'll probably showcase the other individual stages as well.
So far scenario B looks really poorly designed or MarisaB is really broken. I think a total of 5 bullets were fired at me in stage 2.  :/

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2010, 10:58:18 PM »
I watched the first two parts last night before going to bed ("night" being sometime before the sun came up).  For some reason the opener for Voile looked harder than everything else in the previous stages :]

EDIT: Oh god that Visionary Miko death  :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:10:50 PM by Barrakketh »
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2010, 11:07:03 PM »
I can consistantly 1cc UFO Hard now.  :V
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2010, 11:15:29 PM »
I watched the first two parts last night before going to bed ("night" being sometime before the sun came up).  For some reason the opener for Voile looked harder than everything else in the previous stages :]
Yeah that opener can be really ridiculous if the RNG is in a bad mood. Me not dieing was pretty much complete luck.  :V
I'm pretty sure you can completely cheese it with a Ying-Yang orb though.

Awesome! b^^b
Aim for the lunatic clear!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2010, 11:16:59 PM »
I'm there on my ideal shot types. Aka, not RumiaA or Marisa. Err, Reimu*. Forward focus makes a bunch of tough cards go faster, but the stages/some attacks get a good bit worse... it's not a big difference in difficulty no matter what I use, but I'm not consistently 1ccing with Forward Focusers yet.

But unfortunately, I've got MarisA/B to go so I can get the All Clear on UFO Hard. I'm not looking forward to MarisaB at all (despite loving her shot/bomb, THEY'RE BOTH TERRIBLE INGAME), but MarisA I'm having a surprising amount of bad luck with. 0 lives at Stage 4 what. Maaan, they're the only two I have to go before I move on to something else, and as cool as UFO is, it's fairly... you know.

Also, Jaimers:Dat Visionary Miko :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2010, 07:33:29 AM »
OH MY GOD

YES YES YES!!!!

Touhou UFO 1cc Normal - 4 Lives Remaining
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=8613

And to think, I went over the limit of how many extends you could have at one time. I think UFO keeps track of only one extra.

And with this, I have unlocked Extra on all Windows games. So what's next? 1cc Hard on all Windows games. I'm almost halfway there.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Formless God

« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »
Captured VoWG in a no-miss S6 run. Why do things seem a lot easier after a week not touching MoF at all
But despite that, I royally screwed up two perfect Yuugi fights at her last card just now.
Might as well consider it a clear and move on with life.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »
Captured Murasa's Normal survival card again...

only NO FOCUS this time. Because I became bored in the middle of a 1cc attempt.

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2010, 01:17:50 AM »
I DID IT! I DID IT! MY FIRST 1CC OF NORMAL! TAKE THAT MoF! HAHA-HAHA! I ALMOST DIDNT MAKE THAT! REIMUC IS AWESOME AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2010, 01:29:55 AM »
Captured Murasa's Normal survival card again...

only NO FOCUS this time. Because I became bored in the middle of a 1cc attempt.

Show off.
Sinker Ghost kills me because I head into a corner and Murasa ends up going to the same two freaking places every time.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:23 AM »
Show off.
Sinker Ghost kills me because I head into a corner and Murasa ends up going to the same two freaking places every time.

Actually, I had 8 lives at the time, and well... It was a silly run in general. I tried doing a no focus capture on Star Maelstrom but failed, tried a no vertical no focus capture  of Demon's Recitation but failed, captured Flying Fantastica(!), managed to deathbomb on Shou's final card after like 10 frames after being hit...
I picked up like 3 and a half lives while I was already full. And I died to Midboss Kogasa.

Oh, and Sanae A.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2010, 02:24:34 AM »
I DID IT! I DID IT! MY FIRST 1CC OF NORMAL! TAKE THAT MoF! HAHA-HAHA! I ALMOST DIDNT MAKE THAT! REIMUC IS AWESOME AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You know, you probably could have had that 1cc significantly earlier with...heck, any other shottype.  ReimuC is pretty bad.

All the more so, then, that I say: well done! :toot:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2010, 04:40:17 AM »
Holy Cow

Random PCB Extra run.
Captured the card that was causing me to fail each time. "Perfect Buddhist"

and with four lives in stock. However, entered timeout card, and derped every single life. I should be able to clear this again next time, though.

I was stuck for a long while in the stage portion of Extra.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
Hard - Marisa B
BaitySM - 1,277,073,790 - C - 0.1% - Replay
I'd complain about the sheer number of mistakes (basically, all the mistakes were derps of varying degrees) I made in this run, but I'm not going to.

Either way, :scoring: :smug:
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2010, 11:29:04 PM »
Well, I beat MoF stage 6 on a continue, so that's proof that I can 1CC and just have bad resource management (50% of my deaths are autocollect failing).

Anyways, VoWG Hard capture  :toot:

Formless God

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »
*listens to Mysterious Mountain*
"Mmm how nostalgic. I realize I haven't touched this for weeks. Let's boot up MoF and do one run, just one single run for the lulz and get your butt back to work".
Captured both Peerless Wind God and Terukumi at 3.00 and deliberately failed the rest of the stage. Seriously what.
Oh well at least I got that stupid thing down.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:41:35 AM by Formless God »

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2010, 09:44:33 PM »
Fuck yeah I beat Ran 3 days after unlocking her.
replay will be up soon

EDIT: YEAH
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:46:52 PM by Demonbman »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2010, 03:17:54 AM »
I beat Ran with Reimu A.

=/
I don't feel glad, though. I could have easily went for no deaths. I could have easily captured Charming Siege from All Sides, I could have easily captured Ran's last card. Everything except for the timeout card. That one's pretty BS.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=8640

I honestly did much better with my Sakuya A run.

=====================================

How do you unlock Phantasm again?

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2010, 03:38:24 AM »
Clear Extra and have at least 60 spellcards captured.