Author Topic: Touhou ANGRY RAGING SMASH SMASH Thread #6  (Read 161656 times)

Chainsaw Guitar

Re: Touhou ANGRY RAGING SMASH SMASH Thread #6
« Reply #990 on: April 18, 2010, 02:26:48 AM »
Where did you hear this?  The Prismrivers are easier in general IMO.

Mai has icicle fall easy. That alone puts the Prismrivers above the snow sisters. :V
IDK, they look easy, but for some reason I just keep screwing up. And not bombing isn't helping matters either. Oh, but I need those for Yumekoooooooo...

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #991 on: April 18, 2010, 02:43:10 AM »
I made a graph to summarize my anger at my least favorite Touhou game:
Cool! I'm going to make a graph too~

Well, I'm going to take a rest from SA Extra. It sucks having over 300 tries at the stage.

Having three digit spell card history on Sanae, (123/170 For her first card.

and only having 0/8 History for Subterranean Rose.

I'm going to try to do Mokou first, since IN has Spell Practice. (Although Mokou looks like BS.)

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #992 on: April 18, 2010, 03:48:49 AM »
Failed Rising World at 0 seconds left on my 5th try at the card in Spell Practice.

90 attempts later, I still haven't gotten close to capturing it due to clipping stuff due to crappy hitboxes.

« Reply #993 on: April 18, 2010, 04:07:45 AM »
If I can capture a card relatively consistently in spell practice, why must I die over and over to it every time I bump into it in a normal level? =/

Also, is it just me, or is Keine extremely hard for a stage 3 boss (on lunatic)? I've been practicing the stage over and over today and often only capture like 1 card a run, or something. Alice and Meiling are way easier.  So is Yuugi if I manage to not multi-clip-death on the blasted lasers. I still have absolutely no idea how to capture General Headquarters Crisis.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #994 on: April 18, 2010, 04:11:34 AM »
static, micromem, Keine is easy except ephemerality, etc.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #995 on: April 18, 2010, 06:41:02 AM »
  • Swapping to a different PC leads to a form of skill regression
  • NOT HAPPY (ry
  • Seihou (SG's; haven't played the others) "Deathbomb" has been the cause of many, many failed (Lunatic) 1cc's

On the note of Seihou, SG is a lot more memory intensive than I thought (after playing it for a bit). And some of those attacks are ridiculous; I'm looking at you, first form Stage 6 Boss  :|

Unless there's something I'm missing, 2 of those attacks are close to impossible and are basically auto-bombs. And that's no good considering how stingy this game is with resources  :V :V :V

Ngh, almost a perfect run of SG Stage 6. Damn you Rank increase; you just had to stay high because I didn't make a mistake, and that caused the pattern to turn from somewhat trivial to OH GOD WALLS.

Spoiler:
By the way, I couldn't help but notice that rather large number of safespots existing on certain attacks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:52:07 AM by Bai-tan »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ark

• みょん
« Reply #996 on: April 18, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff UFO Extra. Particularly the stage parts. Although I think I'm good enough at Nue now that I don't have to ram into bullets while attempting to grab red UFOs.

I always get killed by EX-Keine's first spell card. ALWAYS.
But it's her easiest card. Staying as youkai the whole time: first wave stay at bottom middle, then stream the red bullets; second wave, stay at bottom slightly off middle, then stream. Repeat. (The blue bullets are all static.)

I still have absolutely no idea how to capture General Headquarters Crisis.
That one's a lot easier if you stay near the corner, although this doesn't work with many characters. I always fail First Pyramid though :V

« Reply #997 on: April 18, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
Don't stay in the corner, stay in the center on General Headquarters Crisis. My capture rate went way up when I ignored everyone saying do it in the corner. Solo Youkais destroy before it gets dangerous except for Yuyuko. Teams with humans trivialize the card.

« Reply #998 on: April 18, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
Unless there's something I'm missing, 2 of those attacks are close to impossible and are basically auto-bombs. And that's no good considering how stingy this game is with resources  :V :V :V
You probably mean the laser spray and the flower pattern right?  The lasers can be safespotted if she uses them as her opener(which she really likes to do a lot of the time) but otherwise are kinda ass, the flower is fair, just, uh, damn hard. :V

Spoiler:
By the way, I couldn't help but notice that rather large number of safespots existing on certain attacks.
DON'T SAFESPOT THE AWESOME PATTERNS
YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT
That safespot on the st5 midboss is pretty damn useful though

btw how's the stage 4 boss treating you?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #999 on: April 18, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »
You probably mean the laser spray and the flower pattern right?
Lasers are fine for me. The flowering pattern is a step up from... everything else, but it's starting to become manageable once i started just charging through the walls much like how I would try and tackle DS's 3-4 by circling (i.e. take a very brief moment to parse the gap and just charge through). The other attack has the purple rings. (See the attachment and you'll understand; my sense of timing is WAAAAAAY off).

btw how's the stage 4 boss treating you?
* Baity assumes fetal position
I'm working on it. By the way, no mid-boss in there? (Stage 4 I mean)

Also, Stage 6 attached. 3 miss, no bombs but I got lazy after the first mistake. First 2 forms perfected. You'll see what I mean by "safespots" from a certain attack  :V
The first no bombs was a 2 miss one, but it had a really, really stupid death in it. I'll admit that I got luck in this one and didn't die just before the first form died as well.

Stage 5 1 miss no bomb clear, died on the first phase of the boss olololol. No, no the spiral, the random bullets. There's also a replay for that, and I didn't safespot the mid-boss  :V :V :V

EDIT: ...did I upload the right one?
EDIT 2: ...dammit, I won't be around to create the new thread. So close.
EDIT 3: I'm probably dwelling into opinion territory here but is it worth getting the other games?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:38:28 PM by Bai-tan »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #1000 on: April 18, 2010, 01:50:50 PM »
Tried PoDD Hard. 1 life all the way up to Stage 7 then game over there. I didn't even get the first extra life because I can't score worth crap.

How the hell do you even score on this, and how do you fix the game so it stops throwing so many solid walls. Having to use unfocused movement is crap too, this game would be easy if I could use focus.

I'm sure Zun didn't put a 20,000,000 point life just for a joke.