Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments VI  (Read 152117 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments VI
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2010, 01:30:42 AM »
If you watch the replay, you would think it was TAS'd.

inb4 the replay gets cheesed

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2010, 01:47:28 AM »
Decided to try a ReimuA EoSD Lunatic run on a whim, and cleared it 1/0 first try (got raped by Patchy, but oh well). That was fun~
Let's fight.

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2010, 01:50:49 AM »
Can PoFV replays even get cheesed? It's not like you can even mark them when uploading, and I don't see any cheese ones on their site.

ebarrett

« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2010, 01:57:40 AM »
Probably it's more of a "nobody really cares about PoFV" situation.

And you also can't mark your PoFV replays as NF or NV when uploading, by the way.  >:(

Won a lunatic match round vs. Yumemi with Kana. Partial RAGE as well because Yumemi was at one heart, no bombs and using up her gauge with an ultra when she won the third round after I made some moronic mistakes early on.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:51:36 AM by ebarrett »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2010, 06:11:57 AM »
I perfected the stage portion of SA Stage 5 Hard for the first time. It seems like every time I practice this level some, I notice how much better I'm getting at plain dodging. I finally figured out the optimal times to make cutbacks for the second pellet hell section, something that's been a thorn in my side lately. I also confirmed that one can indeed stream both of the orb+wisp sections on Hard (i.e. the parts just before midboss and boss Orin that people usually go pacifist on), though I've found it safest to stop shooting momentarily as I cutback in the second one (this is to prevent "oddly aimed" rows of bullets from messing me up). You'll see what I mean in the replay.

Now if only I can stop dying on Orin like a n00b...
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
I think I should stop playing IN on Easy mode... Just did a quick playthrough with Yuyuko solo and ended 8/3 (should have been 8/8, but I derped into one of the bullets during the rabbit section of 6B), as well as capturing every single spellcard (except for Kaguya's second, fourth, and final Last Spells, which I am absolutely horrible at).

Formless God

« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
I did it. I captured Complete Clarification again !

At one power.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
PoFV lunatic 1cc with Youmu

Youmu is awesome against Shiki. Shiki's speciality is creating walls, but Youmu can just cut the walls away.  :D
Defeated Komachi on the first round and beat Shiki on the second again.
With this, I've 1cc'd lunatic with all of the 14 characters.

PoFV lunatic all clear \o/

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2010, 08:36:38 PM »
I just finished 1cc'ing a Touhou game for my first time.

That would be Mountain Of Faith, Hard, Reimu C.  :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »
Congradul-wait a second.
WHAT THE HELL D:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:44:38 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2010, 08:42:09 PM »
God, this 1cc is like my first on a glitchy remapper and it's on 60 FPS.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6837

like finally -_-

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
I just had a facepalm "duh you moron" moment and figured out how to make Radiant Treasure Gun a LOT easier.

Iji-Donut: Ooh, Radiant Treasure Gun is so hard! The bullets twist and turn in such ways that it's impossible to consistently beat it in the corners! *cries moe tears*

Me: Hey Donut, you ever consider staying in the center?

Iji-Donut: Sniff...sniff...huh?

Me: Yeah, the bullets are much easier to dodge in the center, and you kill Syou at about the same time while upping your survival rate.

* Iji-Donut looks up and thinks for a moment

Iji-Donut: Eh heh heh... ;^_^

Cue me capturing Radiant Treasure Gun, Syou's second non-spell and Vajra in the same run.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »
Congradul-wait a second.WHAT THE HELL D:

I know... It's the easiest of the Windows Touhou games, right? :(

I'll just pretend I 1cc'd... UFO!

:'(

i wish

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2010, 08:55:01 PM »

Your first 1cc was on hard mode? Really?
Got a replay of it?

I know... It's the easiest of the Windows Touhou games, right? :(

I'll just pretend I 1cc'd... UFO!

:'(

i wish

I think the "WHAT THE HELL D:" more came from that you just 1cc'd the game with one of the worst shottypes in the Touhou series.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2010, 09:07:37 PM »
Your first 1cc was on hard mode? Really?
Got a replay of it?

I think the "WHAT THE HELL D:" more came from that you just 1cc'd the game with one of the worst shottypes in the Touhou series.

Worst? Stages were very simple, I could just stream all the bullets and never screw up with Reimu C :D

Here's the replay anyway.
http://upload.namelezz.net/downloader.php?file=13225_th10_01.rar

Also, I got to the final boss many times with Reimu A, B, and Marisa C, but the last spell was just too much for me. With Reimu C I managed to rarely screw up in the stages so I arrived to the last spell in the game with 2 lives. I finally did it. :D

ebarrett

« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2010, 09:10:16 PM »
Defeated Komachi on the first round
I wish some of Youmu's ghost blob thingies would spawn on top of Komachi for me too so she would die in less than two minutes in the first round. /parsee

Either way. I'm not sure I'm even capable of 1cc'ing PoFV with Yuka and Youmu. I tried so many times with Yuka, so many times.  :'(

« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »
ReimuA is even better for the stages than ReimuC and does more damage unless you can shotgun with ReimuC which I don't recall ever being able to do on Hard.

But I wasn't able to 1cc it with ReimuA but I learned the stages enough that I eventually did it with ReimuB. Could probably do it with some other shot types, but I don't feel like trying.

nintendonut888

« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2010, 10:53:43 PM »
I just captured Aura of Justice thanks to me fitting in between one of the walls. :V Anyone who says that Sanae/Marisa can do anything Reimu can needs to try that.

Also...I think I've figured out Vajra. o_o I've always known how to do it, but it wasn't until today that I've finally understood why Baity doesn't find it hard. It's an odd feeling for sure.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:02:18 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »
I can only say that about the Easy and Normal versions. But then I can't even go against the Hard and Lunatic ones yet.

Formless God

« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2010, 12:59:42 AM »
I just had a facepalm "duh you moron" moment and figured out how to make Radiant Treasure Gun a LOT easier.

Iji-Donut: Ooh, Radiant Treasure Gun is so hard! The bullets twist and turn in such ways that it's impossible to consistently beat it in the corners! *cries moe tears*

Me: Hey Donut, you ever consider staying in the center?

Iji-Donut: Sniff...sniff...huh?

Me: Yeah, the bullets are much easier to dodge in the center, and you kill Syou at about the same time while upping your survival rate.

* Iji-Donut looks up and thinks for a moment

Iji-Donut: Eh heh heh... ;^_^

Cue me capturing Radiant Treasure Gun, Syou's second non-spell and Vajra in the same run.

... But doesn't that spell card force you to stay in the center the whole time ? :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2010, 01:01:58 AM »
... But doesn't that spell card force you to stay in the center the whole time ? :V

* Iji-Donut puffs cheeks and glares at FG

No, until now I've followed Syou to the left and right.

« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2010, 02:21:16 AM »
New PCB high score!
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6854
A 1.4bil score, pretty good but could definitely do with some improvements.
*Checks PCB scoreboard and sees Heartbeams 2.1bil and .ASP's 2bil score.*
God... do these people play Touhou for a living?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2010, 03:31:08 AM »
SA Stage 6 Hard no deaths.

Used one bomb on Giga Flare because I took a risk/experiment that ended up backfiring. Giga Flare's been particularly rough on me tonight, though for some reason I can't rage about it at all (unlike, say, DBDB). I guess it's because the way the spell's designed, there's always a bit of room to escape, even if it's on the other side of the screen. So it falls solely on me to get through properly.

Nuclear Excursion was also nastier than usual today, but I've been pulling off some clutch dodges on that one, managing several more captures in the process. I'm almost beginning to believe that I'm reaching another level of play, as I'm thinking on the fly a lot more comfortably now. I tell ya, I'm not far from perfecting this stage.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2010, 03:50:06 AM »
PCB Hard 1CCed with SakuyaB, my second hard 1CC.

ebarrett

« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2010, 04:02:44 AM »
Perfect PoFV lunatic Sakuya vs. Merlin.  :o

Of course, Merlin is among the most hittable characters, and Sakuya among the best to hit with, but still.

nintendonut888

« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2010, 04:29:03 AM »
I just beat Syou no bombs 2 deaths. o_o The problem? One of those two deaths was on Syou's third spell card. The other was on Radiant Treasure Gun, which I feel confident at putting as her hardest spell card now.

ebarrett

« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2010, 05:41:17 PM »
PoFV lunatic match mode. Reimu 2x0 Komachi.

edit: and won one round vs. Shiki with Reimu after hitting her once or twice pretty much every round over a bunch of matches. This is certainly doable.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:59:45 PM by ebarrett »

nintendonut888

« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
It's amazing what a slight drop in rank does to Marisa A Patchy. :V I failed to death bomb on the books, which I assume made the rank by Patchy slightly less, and you know how it went? I captured every spell card except for Lava Cromlech, and used a bomb on the second non-directional laser mostly to ensure I fight Agni Radiance at a higher rank than out of necessity.

« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2010, 08:02:27 PM »
Captured Kanako's 3rd and final cards on Hard.

Now if only I could capture that stupid Source of Rains card.

I had cleared the final card without dying or bombing twice before that just to die while the spell was clearing.

« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »
I captured Straw Doll Kamikaze Lunatic in SA. It isn't hard when you know what to do. That leaves the two other cards and i don't think a capture of them are far away.

Marisa's hit-box is crippling however. Due to the micro-dodging that is often required at Lunatic, the bigger hit-box makes clipping much more likely. Combined with weak attack power and a bomb that barely give you any invincibility makes MarisaA a pretty poor character.

Too bad i have to use Marisa for her recollection cards but that's how things are when there isn't no spell practice.