Author Topic: The New Spellcard Help Thread  (Read 154504 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: The New Spellcard Help Thread
« Reply #990 on: June 29, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »
The only thing you can do is hope you can destroy as many of the spam fairies as possible. Though when you aim left and stay on the right side, you're pretty much only dealing with vertical and a bit of diagonal bullets. It's a mess, though.

Spoiler:
And there's a really sexy capture of Double Death Butterfly that you may or may not want to imitate.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #991 on: July 01, 2010, 02:33:11 AM »
What's the optimal way to stream Bumper Crop Rice Shower? I don't want to end up with a 1/223 record on it, but it seems that the random bullets are still there no matter how close to Sanae I stream. Everything else up to Koishi is easy in comparison.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #992 on: July 01, 2010, 03:46:36 AM »
Bumper Crop Rice Shower
there is really not much of a strategy except streaming and dodging.
Stream somewhat close to Sanae and don't wander off too far left/right I guess.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #993 on: July 01, 2010, 03:54:22 AM »
Stream somewhat close to Sanae and don't wander off too far left/right I guess.

That's what I normally do. It seems like there's still a lot of random popcorn to dodge, and stream reversing through that is hard.

« Reply #994 on: July 01, 2010, 04:08:04 AM »
The random bullets emerge from the points where Sanae's streams hit the walls, so you're gonna have random stuff to dodge either way. When you need to change directions, have you tried flying up a bit, then jerking back down to give yourself room to move in the opposite horizontal direction?

« Reply #995 on: July 01, 2010, 08:17:33 AM »
I don't get why people's having difficulty with Sanae's 3rd card. Even back when clearing Koishi was a bitch, i don't remember that card being that troublesome. If it does seem problematic though, just bomb it and come back for it once you've gotten better as there really isn't anything to it more than dodging skill.

Formless God

« Reply #996 on: July 01, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Stream + misdirect + dodge pellets on the way.
Bombing it gets you one extra bomb :V

« Reply #997 on: July 01, 2010, 06:48:19 PM »
I realize this has probably been talked to death in the past, but I seem to recall that since the last time this came up, a few people felt they'd 'figured out' how to handle Shou's second non-card. So, um, how? ^^;
Are the yellow lasers semi static or something? They LOOK like they are, when fired, but they seem to line up differently when they get down to you. Forgive me if I'm being totally dense about something. I really, really have a hard time reading things from multiple intersecting angles at that speed. I've always been especially terrible at diagonal/intersecting things (see Storm on Mount Ooe, Guerrila Typhoon, Yamato Torus, and some others >.<) Actually, I find my ability to read Shou's first two non-cards is extremely variable. Sometimes it's almost like it's in slow-mo, and it's clear where everything is coming from, and where the gaps are. And other times it's like my brain just goes 'blah'

Also, Kogasa's last card. Still 0/56 on this one, and have never even come remotely close to capturing it. I don't bomb, I can expect to die at least twice to it. Is there any way to move/position that makes it easier? (PSM is 0/76, but I know that one's largely considered terribly difficult, anyway)

....and this is going to sound terribly lame, but I still clip Kogasa's second non-card probably something close to 50% of the time. I mean, the general path is obvious and all, but I wonder if there's a particular height you can take it that you find minimizes the chance of clipping?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #998 on: July 01, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »
I don't get why people's having difficulty with Sanae's 3rd card.
For normal mode players like me, who aren't very good at dodging,
this card can be a bit harder than some of Koishi's cards as I tend to clip one thing or another.
Koishi's cards are much easier once you "get it" (e.g. hearts)

how to handle Shou's second non-card. So, um, how? ^^;
Are the yellow lasers semi static or something?
I could be wrong - it's been a while since I play UFO but...
I don't think the lasers are static.
However, each wave of lasers/bullets go pass kind of quickly,
so you can often move into the path of the previous wave to dodge current wave.
Dodge on the far left makes the left wave almost vertical. It takes longer that way though.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #999 on: July 01, 2010, 08:57:33 PM »
Syou's 2nd Non-Spell
The ring (or rings) of bullets fired are governed by the way that the third set of lasers are fired. So if look at the third set carefully, you can see where the bullets will be fired. There is still a tiny bit of randomness in where it is actually aimed though.
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/BaitySM/untitled-2.png
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/BaitySM/untitled2-2.png
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/BaitySM/untitled3-1.png
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/BaitySM/untitled4.png
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/BaitySM/untitled5.png
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/BaitySM/untitled6.png
Pay attention only to the third set of lasers and the ring in the images. However, when going up against it in an actual run, be sure to give the other lasers some attention.

Kogasa Express

Note: Always start on the right side, and "stream" left. Sounds like a gimmick but it only serves to make life easier.

What's the optimal way to stream Bumper Crop Rice Shower? I don't want to end up with a 1/223 record on it, but it seems that the random bullets are still there no matter how close to Sanae I stream.
Of course they would be still there. There's quite literally nothing else I can add to help by the way.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:01:22 PM by Baitikkuri »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #1000 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:28 PM »
And with that, we end the second thread.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:00:37 PM by Baitikkuri »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者