Author Topic: Magical Madness Mafia 2, The Horrible Finish (Mod and Scum lose)  (Read 114240 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Magical Madness Mafia 2, The Horrible Return (Day 4)
« Reply #1110 on: October 09, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »
Lurking is still scummy and shit Town play, unless you're trying not to attract scum attention.

But if you've full claimed, there's no "escaping Scum attention" so get the fuck in here and contribute.

Seriously.

I'm pretty sure Chaotick is town because he would have had to have a "I docced Serela N1" claim in mind from the start of d2, or something similar Serela-cleary, in order to be lying.

What kind of Scum would target YOU for the Night Kill? I mean, seriously. I don't think it clears him at all.

Bardiche

« Reply #1111 on: October 09, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Also, Graveyard, stop raging and gossiping about the obvious Scum in our midst!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1112 on: October 09, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
Bard this is his first game here. He wouldn't know that kind of thing :V If anything, scumbuddies would probably suggest a better fake target >_>

Also, it's worth noting that despite the massive amount of posts, it's only been a little over a day since d3 started.  Having only a couple posts isn't actually all that lurky. It's just that trying to sort out all these ridiculous role shens doesn't require much thought, but does require a lot of posts, so we've kind of been flooding the thread.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

« Reply #1113 on: October 09, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
I seriously want people to stop making excuses for others.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1114 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »
Sorry for trying to explain why I think someone is town because I don't want other people lynching them.

I mean, if I was explaining his actions for him, that'd be one thing, but I'm not even doing that >_> Seriously. Is it against the rules to argue why I think someone isn't scum?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1115 on: October 09, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
Sorry for caring more about TRYING TO WIN THE GAME then PUNISHING PEOPLE FOR NOT PLAYING OPTIMALLY REGARDLESS OF ALIGNMENT.

I'm going to go do something else for awhile.

Bardiche

« Reply #1116 on: October 09, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
Yes, because it's Chaotick's job to argue he's Town. Look at it this way.

If I want Chaotick to give answer to my questions, I will STILL want him to give answer even if you answer for him. I will not twiddle thumbs and do nothing until I receive his answer, and my opinion of him will not change depending on your answers.

In Mafia, I will build my opinion of someone based on their actions, and not someone else's interpretations of those actions. Occasionally I will be moved, but generally I want the person themselves to account for their actions.

All you're doing is producing noise and giving him excuses and arguments to latch on to, eliminating the need for a Scum!Chaotick to even come up with excuses. After all, you're handing them out like candy.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1117 on: October 09, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
Wait why is IHNN and Shadoweh's alignments certainly not the same?

And do you honestly think that a lover role is mafia sided?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #1118 on: October 09, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
I got confused again...
So when Rawr basically...Kills someone, and revives them at Day Time.
Which is in actuality basically a Risky Roleblock...right?
I mean the target stays alive after all that right?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1119 on: October 09, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
I got confused again...
So when Rawr basically...Kills someone, and revives them at Day Time.
Which is in actuality basically a Risky Roleblock...right?
I mean the target stays alive after all that right?

Unless he dies or is roleblocked himself, in which case the revive is blocked, and whoopsie.

What Rawr wants is to be vigged by Zakeri, to kill me AND Shadoweh AND himself.

Which when you throw in IHNN's self-hammering, the lynch, and mafia nightkill, is automatic loss on D5.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1120 on: October 09, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »
Ok I don't trust rawr right now.

rawr your plan is complete and utter idiocy and we are not going with that and you are dying today.  We are then quicklynching either the scum I find or me D5 and then puzzling out the rest D6.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1121 on: October 09, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
Votecount

DrRawr (3) - IHNN, Raikaria, Serela
IHNN (1) - DrRawr
SirChaotick (1) - Shadoweh

Not Voting - Hero999, SirChaotick, Zakeri, Bardiche

DrRawr is at L-2

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

|||||||||||20%

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1122 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:07 PM »
Chaotick, if you actually are a doc doc Shadoweh tonight.  Raikaria will live if targeted, you'll make Shadoweh live if targeted, if you die then at least we didn't lose 2.  we need as many people alive as possible tomorrow

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #1123 on: October 09, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »
Yeah, looking into Rawr's role more carefully it really is effectively a roleblock if other things are not factored in. Which also includes no reason not to use it if you are scum, because you effectively kill them off for the night, and if anything happens to you they die as well.

Also looking at how he used the role, I need to ask because I can't quite remember,
Did DrRawr ever give a reason why he screwed with the plan?

« Reply #1124 on: October 09, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »
No i didnt

« Reply #1125 on: October 09, 2012, 09:42:59 PM »
Should i be voting myself before or after the cc vote?

« Reply #1127 on: October 09, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »
W/e
##Vote: Dr Rawr

« Reply #1128 on: October 09, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »
Given raitakis flip and how inconsistant zakeri has been on me role blocking him. Id say raikaria/zakeri are scum.

Cant really explain ihnn town read on dan n1 though

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1129 on: October 09, 2012, 09:51:07 PM »
Cant really explain ihnn town read on dan n1 though
I just figured it out.
My action is guaranteed last, which would mean after your revive took effect.

Bardiche

« Reply #1130 on: October 09, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »
In Mafia, I will build my opinion of someone based on their actions, and not someone else's interpretations of those actions. Occasionally I will be moved, but generally I want the person themselves to account for their actions.

Also this isn't just true for Mafia. I will always build my opinion of someone based on their actions, and not what someone tells me about them. If you think that's "punishing for not playing optimally" I think you're horribly disjointing things. Asking someone for an explanation of their actions isn't much of a punishment, and I have given no indication of wanting to lynch Chaotick. I'm just not terribly interested in completely forgoing scumhunting in favour of quicklynching Rawr to end the role shenanigan headache temporarily.

What Rawr wants is to be vigged by Zakeri, to kill me AND Shadoweh AND himself.

This is obviously sub-optimal Town play, I pray the parties involved won't seriously commit to this.

We're burning daylight, so I'm going to say who I feel should be lynched. Feel free to do the same.

Right now, I would like to lynch Serela. I think his play the entire game has been weird and obscure: His dogged insistence on a pet case for the better part of the game while never quite producing reasons to back up that idea, the push several times now to "just lynch someone and get it over with" without really motivating it and the drop that his Night 2 role passed by for extra lulz and shens are things I find scummy. The last one is more of a null tell of acting in a weird way for no real reason, but I think it errs on the scummy side to throw more chaos into a role madness game.

He's scummier than my second choice, SirChaotick, by virtue of active lurking: A lot is said, but how much is really of value?

SirChaotick then requires a more in-depth look since I haven't talked much about him before. This post and the follow up here have a few curious lines. In particular I want to call attention to the reason for voting ActionDan in the first post, referring to how "it has nothing to do with the vote being on him" (paraphrased), and the second post has a line involving that it is "risky to vote"... and I notice that he has only been aiming for lurkers there. When he unvotes, he chooses to remain idle until Shadoweh has said something instead of pro-actively get a suspect. No, I don't count lurkers as suspects.

What he does here is sum up a number of people again, provide a defence for himself (you'll note he's very concerned with how others view him) and then vote the person who voted his Town read. Disagreeing on Town reads isn't exactly Scummy, and it's a chainsaw defence; Voting someone not for errors in their case but for voting someone is almost textbook chainsaw. Just needs more mudslinging and it'd be complete.

What he continues here is a practised policy of ignoring all active people and going for the weakest people: The 'inactives'. Voting someone for being inactive loses all reason once that person becomes active, but until then it's a pretty safe spot to place your vote. You'll note that all his cases so far have been on people for being inactive and his primary concern has always been people's activity and the amount of stuff they say, but not their content.

He got called on it and answers with rhetoric on how a newbieTown would attack the easiest people, and I find it's still overly concerned with how he looks to others. Usually, not always but usually, the ones most concerned with not looking scummy is Scum, so I'm fairly bothered by his intense policy of self-defence combined with only attacking lurkers. (He'd qualify for lurkership.)

Also clearly calling his mind scumbag is admission of guilt. (This is half-joke, half-serious.) It's a classic Scum strategy of promising reads but never delivering. I'm sad to say that between that post and this post, he hasn't done anything productive except make excuses for not producing results. There's what LOOKS like a reporter+ some opinions attempt at getting a read, but it's abandoned and doesn't really say much about Raitaki's alignment. Reads more of an attack on me than anything, heh.

His point two here is again concern with how he appears and it is seriously getting in the way of any scumhunting attempts. There's more of that here: He does vote me, but with reluctance over how others will view it. After making a huge show and dance about how he needs the analysis, he can really jump to a reason to vote someone there. Incidentally, he jumped third on the bandwagon there when it became fashionable to rage+kneejerk vote me. Third on the bandwagon is Scum (or so the saying goes), and in this case I think there's merit.

There's not much else to say about him except extreme low content and never delivering on Raitaki VS Zakeri. Until Raitaki flipped dead, that is. Red dead, too.

So. tl;dr SirChaotick lurks and never provides content, he's done some scummy shit and even if he's a complete newbie there's still stuff in there newbiescum would do as well. Such as worry overly much about how others would view him, not make cases on anyone and jump a building bandwagon.

I'm starting to think I should do this instead.
##Vote: Chaotick

Bardiche

« Reply #1131 on: October 09, 2012, 09:57:19 PM »
So. tl;dr SirChaotick lurks and never provides content, he's done some scummy shit and even if he's a complete newbie there's still stuff in there newbiescum would do as well. Such as worry overly much about how others would view him, not make cases on anyone and jump a building bandwagon.

Putting that in a new post for the tl;dr people who skip over my posts. Sorry, that became more of an essay than I intended. :V

Also I got cut by 10 and DrRawr putting himself to L-1. When will you people learn that there are very few situations in which self-voting is optimal?

##Kill: MoTK Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1133 on: October 09, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »
Seriously the only people in this game allowed to self-vote are the scum if they're hammering themselves and me when I need to die to help town.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #1134 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
@DrRawr: Then I ask for your thoughts for why you decided to screw with the plan.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1135 on: October 09, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
Bard that's a convincing Chaotick case but rawr is planning on having us lose immediately and I don't want him anywhere near the rest of the night game.
Which is the rest of the game.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1136 on: October 09, 2012, 10:03:01 PM »
I kinda just want to lynch rawr now so we can put in our actions so we can turbo through D5 because this game is seriously no fun anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1137 on: October 09, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »
Bard that's a convincing Chaotick case but rawr is planning on having us lose immediately and I don't want him anywhere near the rest of the night game.
Which is the rest of the game.

If that's the case, the prospect of someone hammering shouldn't matter.

Rawr is planning on having us lose immediately. It's clear that he's not beneficial to this game right now. Hammering has to be done at some point or another, and we're running low on time anyway.

Bardiche

« Reply #1138 on: October 09, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »
I kinda just want to lynch rawr now so we can put in our actions so we can turbo through D5 because this game is seriously no fun anymore.

Summon your Townie spirit and try to play still. :ohdear:

I'm totally with you guys on lynching Rawr for anti-Town play because it's high time we start punishing people for that, but if at all possible I'd prefer to lynch Scum and deal with punitive action for disrupting play or otherwise working against your own wincon in the post-game.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1139 on: October 09, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »
Summon your Townie spirit and try to play still. :ohdear:
I have about a 3/4 chance of having to essentially suicide D5.  Not fun.

Raikaria, I unvoted rawr in case someone else had something to say, which seems to be the case as bard was typing.