Author Topic: Touhou Thread User Story Medley! ~Shenanigans of Maiden Community~  (Read 31482 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Touhou Thread User Story Medley! ~Shenanigans of Maiden Community~
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2016, 12:43:55 PM »
Sorry for this triple post sin, it's just so it shows i updated it.

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »
Sorry for double post and the wait.
Without further wait.

Back to our trio, Alice, Yuuka and Marisa, they were watching the race from the sky after finally catching up to them.

"Amazing, even though they're travelling by ground, they still move so swiftly, it's not easy to keep up." - Yuuka commented.
"Well, they supposedly are professional racers, so that much was to be expected, but i'm still rather surprised to see Byakuren on it, who would have known she enjoyed this kind of thing." - Alice adds in.
"Oi, true enough, however we can't say the same for Nue right there, i'm certain she let out a bit of what she had today two times in only a few minutes-ze." - Marisa complements.

As if by command, another sharp turn followed by a jump made poor Nue let out some more of that delicious food made by Byakuren.

"Huh, make that three." - She says.
"I guess pranksters seem to have weak stomachs. Why did she even join that race in the first place ?" - Yuuka questions.
"Masochism ? A new way to lose weight ? Some kind of training ?" - Alice suggests.
Both Marisa and Yuuka shrug.
"We can't say." - Both say in unison.

Alice takes up a slightly surprised face, but quickly goes back normal.
"I guess..... i wonder where that Medicine doll went..."
The other two look at her with curiosity.
"Oh, so you ran into her ?" - Yuuka asks.
"More like she ran into my house." - Alice replies. "But yea, we met a little while ago and she was the one who told me you two had left without me."
"Hey ! It's not my fault Miss Accuse-Without-Evidence here dragged me along with her-ze !" - Marisa objects.
"You were near the trampled flowers ! It was only natural you would be suspicious !" - Yuuka defends.
"Shooting danmaku towards someone unaware isn't the action you take when you have suspicions on someone ! I think..."

Both drew their "weapons" to start another "friendly skirmish", but before they even got themselves at ready, a simple small hammer falls on each of their heads.
"Ugh !" - Both let out loud.
"Enough ! We still have the race to see you know !" Alice turns to the dolls holding the hammers. "Thanks for the help you two."
The two dolls nod.
"Okay....." - Yuuka and Marisa faintly say.
"Good, now behave or the next time i'll tell Shanghai to grab the mid-sized ones."
".......go back to your little crush will ya ? - Yuuka complains.
"Huh ? Did you say anything ?" - Alice stops.
"N-Nothing !"

And with that they resume with watching the race.

Um... you should read back a little. I did say that Yuuka does used to race, know that's a tire track, and just tease Marisa for the heck of it.

Edit: And now because of that, i can't write anything. Even those this should be my debut for a long time...

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2016, 04:38:58 PM »
Um... you should read back a little. I did say that Yuuka does used to race, know that's a tire track, and just tease Marisa for the heck of it.

Edit: And now because of that, i can't write anything. Even those this should be my debut for a long time...

Damnit Yuuka ! Now i have to rereredo the whole thing ! >_>

Okay, stand by while Rafael.exe starts up to edit it, hopefully i don't overlook anything else. (It's quite hard to keep track of stuff on this race.)

Edit: I think i'm done, using the phone for this is rather annoying to say the least.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:07:42 PM by Starlighthawk »

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2016, 05:31:50 PM »
Okay, stand by while Rafael.exe starts up to edit it, hopefully i don't overlook anything else.

Reading over it, there wasn't anything that really broke our previously established continuity in there so I say its all good. Keep up the good work Starlight.  :)

this should be my debut for a long time...

I'm looking forward to your return and seeing what you come up with. Make it epic!  :D

To our readers and fellow authors

Is everybody happy with the direction our story is going? I get a feeling that the race part of the story is something that not many people want to contribute on and/or expand so if that's the case I can write a conclusion to that part and we can take the story into another direction if people want. I thought that maybe Hannibal was bored with the race story since he took Franz and Wilhelm away from the race and took them to the forest looking for magic mushrooms. But still, what dose everybody else think?

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2016, 06:51:20 PM »
Thanks ! I try my best, there's still much i need to improve though, but maybe this means i can become an good parser.

And about the race, i think it's nice, but maybe putting a focus more on the racers problems with the traps and racer x racer interaction would make it better ? I dunno, i do wanna know why Nue is still on the bike instead of just getting out and watching the race from above.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2016, 12:37:45 AM »
My turn ~
Before that though, I would like to end the race as soon as possible since everyone is getting tired of it. So hope ya guys don't mind.

The finishing line was just a few hundred metres away and everyone was gathering up at the said place, which was the very top of Youkai Mountain. Even Remillia showed up to see if this so-called 'Crimson Ghost' will appear. Then in the horizon, they saw each of the vehicles' shining, reflecting the orange sunlight of the evening sky.

"Yes, The finishing line is just up ahead!" exclaimed Makohashi as she pushed the pedal hard. Even if she already won the last race against Steiner, but greed thought that it would be better if she won twice, especially against so many racers in many different vehicles. She looked at the rear mirror and saw both Dark Horse and Steiner quickly catching up on her. Now that the finishing is just up ahead and no more corners except for just a straight road, this could be her last chance of keeping the 1st place. If she gets cut now, her chance could have said good bye to her.

Meanwhile in Dark Horse, Maxwell saw the finishing line as well, and started the accelerate the car at full speed. Gladly at this time Su-san woke up from her faint, but not yet realized by the two front-sitters. Medicine however saw the finishing line but could not understand what is it, until she saw Maxwell excited and breathing heavily indicated that it must be passed first if they wanted to win.

Steiner saw the finishing line as well as the soldiers in the passenger cabin including Hans, in which made them excited. Not to mention they already forgot about mapping Gensokyo.

"Yes, ze finishing line is just ahead. If we can beat this cat girl, then I will be satisfied and make the Fuhrer smile!" said Steiner to himself aloud as he also accelerate the half-track to it's limit.

"Oh look, we're going to win the race, Nue!" said Byakuren happily and cheerfully. Nue however didn't care and was instead glad she didn't need to endure her stomach.

For the last minute, a speed camera made by the Kappas was placed to accurately decide who wins the first place. Slowly did they wait for the racers to cross the finishing line with their hearts beating as faster as ever. At the very last moment, a split second video recorded and the racers finally crossed the finishing line and braked as hard as possible, which kicked up so much dust like a smoke grenade. The crowd cheered at the racers, which was followed by the Panzer IV, the last to cross the finishing line.

Then out all the dust and smoke, Steiner and Makohashi ran the the camerawoman to see who was first. The Kappa sighed when the two scrambled for the photograph, only then to see Hans casually pick it up and see it in detail. When the 'sandstorm' cleared, Hans stood up on the Panzer IV with his left leg on the 75mm main gun as he announced who won actually. Then he said out aloud:

"The winner falls down to The Motorcyclist!"

The crowd cheered loudly at Byakuren who gracefully waved her hand at the crowd. Makohashi and Steiner simply could not believe it and took the photograph from Hans. True, a simple blur of a motorcycle and a woman with a gradient of purple and brown hair passing through between Makohashi and Dark Horse at an incredible speed, they were disappointed. But when Steiner saw his half-track draw more closer to the finishing line than Makohashi, a grin was slapped upon his face.

"Yes, Even if I don't get the first, but at least I defeated you in the name of the Fatherland!" said Steiner loudly at Makohashi, which made her embarrassed a bit. Meanwhile everyone else gathered around Byakuren.

SO yeah it's not really surprising since I rushed this. So it doesn't sound cool or awesome enough. But hey at least we finished a burden am I right?

A little add-on I almost forgot:
"So let's see what masterpiece your troops have in mapping..." said Steiner as he retrieve each of the clipboards from the German soldiers tasked with the mapping. To his surprise, the only thing visible on those clipboards was a crude drawing of a mountain. Steiner then embarrassingly facepalmed on his past decision. Hans only sighed with disappointment.

"Don't worry, we'll do it slowly next time." Said one of the soldiers. Some Gensokyan villagers who happened to pass by overheard the conversation could not understand what they were trying to do. What they do know however is that their doings ended in an epic failure.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:02:23 AM by Hannibal_Kills »

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »
Yay ! Namusan won ! \(^w^)/

Yea, i really like Byakuren, she reminds me of myself. :)

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2016, 05:09:23 PM »
As the audience (and a certain Tengu) gather against the embarrased priestess, Nic- I mean Nitori came to Makohashi to celebrate the news.

"Heya ghost! Great job bringing in the outsider to the race! Just think,not only it's the first ever 6-way battle to the top of the mountain, it's the first ever race with the outsider joining in with their's exotic vehicle!"

"..."

"The crowd's already livid with just that, but then these newcomer not only smoke them, but also the Crimson Ghost with a motorcycle! Just think of the money that came from advertising this event... "

"Hmph! It's just that uphill isn't my specialty anyway!"

"Don't be so down! Remember who is sponsoring and tuning your car in the first place.... With the inordinace amount of money that came from merchandising the exotic vehicle and motocycle's model, the priestess's poster, the BD about this event,... You would be the one profit in the end."

"Again, I'm not sure whose side are you on, Nick..."

"Again, I'm always on the side with the most oppoturnity.... and don't call me Nick!"

As they're having a friendly conversation as usual, the annoying Tengu reporter finally came to this side to interview.

"So, what do you think about losing to the Black Comet?"

"They already have that nickname?"

"It's look like the audiences named her as such after seeing her zipping through the road and into the finish line (not that I have anything to do with it) ... So, would this affect your performance in the upcoming Heaven Climb?"

After hearing that, both of them suddenly tensed their face. And with a serious look, the ghost replied:

"...Yes. I will be more ready then."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"... it's time for that already?"

Hearing such from the distance, Yuuka suddenly seem to reminiscent about something.

"Hm... why are you stopping in mid-air? Did you forgot something already?" (Marisa)

"...Something like that."

Suddenly, a very dark and menacing aura surrounded her, hiding her face. This make both Marisa and Alice to flinch back in fear. Not even glancing at the two who is sweating waterfall, she politely said:

"Excuse me, I need to return to someplace to get something... Would you please go ahead without me?"

"S-Sure..."

And then, without even turning back, she's fly straight to a certain place...

While making a very, very dark smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in the mansion.

While the two German search for the entire house, they happen to find something in the garage (?).

It's a certain car.

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:52 AM »
Excellent so far. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was planning to have Byakuren win the race. It was fitting after all, since she was the one who was taking it the least seriously.

Anyway, onto the after race festival!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the site of the finishing line at the top of the mountain, the crowd shouted "Namusan... Namusan!" again and again with glee at celebrating their races victor. The numerous kappa around Byakuren pushed her gently towards an elevated stage where a small kappa made microphone was waiting for someone to speak into it through the speakers on both sides of the platform. Aya, when she noticed the crowd moving to the platform to begin a speech of some kind, brushed Makohashi aside and said "sorry honey, another time for that interview. I gotta go where the scoop is hot" as she flew on ahead above the crowd. Makohashi simply pouted at being treated like a second rate racer that nobody cared about and she slowly made her way to the stage to see what the fuss was about with Nitori by her side.

Byakuren, Nue, a couple of presenter kappa and some tengu where now on the stage as the crowd cheered on and more loudly. Byakuren was a bit bewildered from all this sudden attention towards her and Nue had a look on her face that she honestly didn't give a damn about it all. The Kappa spoke into the microphone and cheerfully shouted "humans and youkai! I am proud to present to you all the winner of our impromptu race to the top of the mountain... the lovely head priestess of Myouren temple, Byakuren Hijiri!". The crowd roared with excitement once again and all that Byakuren could do was smile a sweet smile to the crowd and bow slightly with her appreciation to all who cheered for her. A tengu came to the side of Byakuren suddenly and popped a shampain bottle with a loud *plomp* as the cork was removed with a simple twist. Shampain suds streamed all over Byakuren as it erupted all over her and soaked her all over. The liquid beverage rolled down over her cleavage, her tight leather outfit and her gradient hair and she had to wipe the bubbles out of her eyes... but she didn't mind, it was fun and all part of the festivities.

Another tengu then presented Byakuren with a modest looking gold colored trophy that had a small inscription of a race car. She clumsily fumbled with it a little since she was still wet from the poured shampain but then she held it up high above her head towards the crowd which cheered for her victory still. The kappa spoke again on the microphone to Byakuren "congratulations on winning the race to the top of the mountain, head priestess. You did a wonderful job of dodging those traps and handling those winding mountain roads on a vehicle that was different from all the others". Byakuren waved her hand from side to side modestly and said "Oh no, no... it was nothing really, I just wanted to race for the fun of it, really I did" she said with a gentle voice honestly. The kappa then questioned her more "well, what will you do now that you won the mountain race? Will you participate again next time?" the kappa asked inquisitively. Byakuren looked down at her trophy that was just presented to her, smiled and replied "well... the first thing I'm going to do is place this trophy in the main public area of the temple for all the visitors to see and enjoy. I couldn't keep to myself such a prized treasure of the kappa. I will preserve this trophy for all to see!" she said with a decisive tone of generosity to the public. Once again, the crowd erupted with cheers and chants of "namusan!" and Byakuren added "everyone is welcome to come and see the trophy here for yourself at the temple, this is for you everyone!" she said as she waved to the crowd again. Nue then stepped out front on the platform besides Byakuren who then was holding a greenish and tense face that looked worrying.

*Barf!*

Nue puked into the trophy as her arms were clasped around her sides. Thankfully, the trophy caught all of it into its cup and it didn't go anywhere else. The crowd shouted a combined "eeewwww..." and others gasped at the suddenness of such a disgusting act. Byakuren thought quickly and said "oh... well it will be presented at the temple once we get it cleaned up perfectly and my race partner Nue here is all better ^_^;". The crowd, as if forgotten that someone just puked on stage, erupted in cheers again and Nue started to look a little better again.

The kappa then spoke into the microphone again with another announcement "Now that our race here is concluded, join us again in an hour when we begin our after race celebration festival! Be sure to bring out those kimono's ladies as it's themed like a summer festival this year. Meet back here at the top of the mountain at nightfall when we will light up the night sky with festivities and fun for the whole family!" The crowd once again cheered with delight to once again have something to entertain them for the evening.

And with that, the roads that sprung up from underground for this race started to slowly shift back to the depths from which they came, with a slight rumble of course that made the ground underneath everyone's feet vibrate a little. The paved roads sank back into the ground and trap doors closed them away like they were never there to begin with. The mountain was once again filled with greenery and natural beauty and didn't look like a race track. The crowd started to disperse but there where still a few stragglers left behind that didn't want to to move so quickly. The kappa, the tengu and few others started to prepare the grounds for the festival.

The land was now dark as the starlit sky shone overhead. Truely this day in Gensokyo was a busy one for many people and beings. But still, the night has just begun and a new event has just begun, a grand festival that many are now enjoying.

1 hour later...

Lanterns were strewn across high poles and tents where selling many things or hosting carnival games. The usual was there: fish catching, apple bobbing, knocking over bottles, the usual summer festival fare. Up above it all was a familiar youkai beating two drums with great big sticks on a high platform... it was Suika and she looked as drunk as ever. Down below that, human, youkai and all in between were enjoying the festivities and many where dressed for the occasion while others didn't bother. Everyone was there dotted over various places. The Moriya's were busy trying to win a carnival game of bottle toppling while dressed in beautiful kimono's. Kasen was frequenting the food stalls, stuffing her face with cotton candy and corn dogs on sticks. Reimu was in a lonely stall in a far corner, begging for donations to her shrine and offering fortunes in exchange, but nobody cares about some dumb old shrine. All the cars in the race were lined up in a row for all to gander at while the kappa gave lectures to the unknowing humans on how automobiles functioned in the outside world. Dark Horse was there and so was the Crimson Ghost, Byakurens motorcycle and all the German fleets vehicles were there too.

The Germans of course were there too. A few of the more friendly ones were giving speeches to a few small crowds of onlookers on how their vehicles worked and their history of German autobahns. Most of them though were sitting in one small corner keeping to themselves, feeling like outsiders to all of these strange things around them. That didn't last long though, a Nitori and a few other kappa brought them some saki and helpings of some of the festivals food on offer. After a few shots of the strong stuff in all of their systems, The Germans were enjoying themselves and mingling more with the crowd while others sang foreign German songs in drunken ecstasy.

Alice and Marisa were over by the cars on display. They didn't have time to go back to their homes and change into their kimono's since Marisa was still limping a bit from her leg wound but it didn't matter, nobody was expecting them to change. Remilia came up to them from the crowd and was followed by Pachi and Sakuya, all dressed in beautiful, elaborately decorated kimono's with their hair pinned up high. Remilia barked to the people by the Crimon Ghost car "So this is the ghost that haunted the forest of magic near my manor? Why didn't anybody tell me that it was simply an ordinary car! How boring!" Remilia pouted at her disappointed. Patchouli sighed at Remilia's realization of the truth behind the ghost "Miss Remilia, if it wasn't for you hurrying so much to see the ghost for yourself and if you simply listened to me, I could have told you myself that the legend was actually a car in the first place". Remilia looked shocked at Patchouli's statement "What!?! You mean to tell me that I could have not wasted all my time today looking for something that didn't exist if you simply told me? Well, now I'm just mad! Auuugg!" Remilia then kicked over a trash bin to her side that thankfully wasn't full. Sakuya simply made a "^^;" face at her outburst.

Suddenly, the front drivers door of Dark Horse flung open and Medicine toppled out of the seat and landed on her face below with a thud. Maxwell simply jumped out of the car neatly on his feet, in contrast to Medicine's clumsy exit. "Finally, I'm free from this metal prison!" Medicine gasped as she raised her face upwards from her laying position and hyperventilated. Max shrugged his shoulders and replied "Well, all's well that ends well" as he pushed the car door closed behind him. Medicine got up and brushed herself off from her fall.

Alice was then reminded of something from earlier when she saw Medicine fall out of the car like she did. "Hey Marisa" questioned Alice "I don't think after all this that we found out who squashed all those flowers at the start of the day, did we?". Marisa blinked a few times and thought to herself "Your right, after all this time and we still have no clue on who did it... how troublesome" Marisa said with her hand raised to her cheek. Just then, Makohashi, dressed now in a beautiful red Kimono, approached the two. "I think I might know who was the one that squashed those flowers earlier today" exclaimed Makohashi too Alice and Marisa. "You know who it was?" Alice questioned Makohashi with a puzzling expression. "Consider it an educated guess..." Makohashi said as she walked towards Dark Horse, laid down on the ground and slid under Dark Horse to examine underneath it. A moment went past as she fiddled around but then she came back from under with something in her hand. She walked back to Marisa and Alice and showed them what she found. "Aha, see?... Suzuran petals! Dark Horse here was the one who damaged the flower field you hold dear. These petals were stuck in the suspension of the car for all this time and it was the only car I believe that was big enough to make such an area of squashed flowers, as Byakurens bike is nowhere near as big enough". Alice and Marisa looked at the petals in Makohashi's hand and let out a sigh "It was this car all this time?" Alice looked disappointed "So much for investigating a big incident, eh Marisa?" Alice said as she looked over at Marisa. "Your telling me!" Said Marisa as she let out a bug hmpth. Makohashi just closed her eyes and smiled from seeing them so worked up over a few squashed flowers.

"I bet Yuuka would love to know that it was this dark car that damaged the field she valued so much" said Alice with a tired expression on her face. "You got that right" replied Marisa "If she knew right now, she would probably master spark this car into a series of atoms and flip out!" Marisa let out in a joking matter. "But still, I wonder what was so important that Yuuka had to leave like that so suddenly? So mysterious..." Marisa puzzled to herself.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2016, 10:13:05 AM »
Wow, I am surprised with the activity spike. It's also amazing how we started with a terrible mess that seemed like nobody can tidy up, managed to become a great work of a F'd up fanfiction. Nice work lads! Also, what would be the next major plot aside from Franz and Wilhelm? Another crossover or an original made-up thingy?

P.S.
I'm not knowledgeable about the PC-98 era history. So you guys go ahead first for those two.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »
Honestly, I kinda rushed my last contribution because later that day I was planning to meetup with my friends in town but I was determined to make sure there was an after race celebration festival so I spent about 2 hours hammering that out and as soon as I finished it was time for me to get going. Thankfully I wasn't late so all was well.

I was planning on having something huge and awe inspiringly epic go down at the festival later on but I'm thinking I've probably dominated and steered this story enough due to my obsessive compulsive need to TIE UP ALL LOOSE ENDS!!!

Possible things we could do next could be:

1) finish the arc of Franz and Wilhelm exploring Mugenkan (duh)
2) have some fun with our favorite characters enjoying the festival (fan service optional ; D)
3) write about what happens next to our German explorers. Do they go back to the fatherland or the Japanese government satisfied with what they have seen and to report? Or dose something else happen? Still, we have a bunch of drunk German soldiers fooling around in Gensokyo right now!
4) We should write a conclusion to what happens with Maxwell/Annebell. Dose he leave his doll body and go back to heaven? Dose he stay in Gensokyo and become a new member of the Touhou cast? It's up to us if we want to conclude his story.
5) We could write some more about Makohashi and what happens with her after this race. We could just leave her and forget about it but she could be fleshed out more and given a nice conclusion to her story.
6) We can send Medicine back to bed in her Suzuran field... or stuff her in a tree and forget about her... nobody cares about Medicine!
7) we have to decide possibly through a vote on if we are going to end this story soon since the race is over and we can wrap everything else up or if we keep going with this story and take it in a new direction.

If we decide to end the story soon we can focus on wrapping everything up and ending all plots for good, Hannibal can then post our story to Fanfiction.net and we can start a brand new story in a new thread... Shenanigans of Maiden Community 2!... but we don't have to if everyone wants to continue this story, just an idea.

I'm not knowledgeable about the PC-98 era history.

Lol, Elly is basically a less fleshed out version of Mei Ling. Mei Ling guards the SDM, Elly guards Mugenkan... there really isn't much else to Elly's character and I know since I completed that game with the English patch with Reimu and Marisa. Mugenkan is also just Yuuka's old mansion, there isn't really much else to it than that. It's old and abandoned now so we can make of it whatever we want it to. Go nuts! There is very little you can do with it to contradict what ZUN has set about it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:44:32 PM by HalfGrand »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2016, 03:30:05 AM »
Honestly, I was thinking of running this thread forever :V. But yeah we should make up a conclusion of this story and start the second. Anyways, these are some details about them Germans so here we go.

A slight discomfort was felt by Hans, thus came an Opel Blitz truck into the festival. Most of the Gensokyans weren't paying attention or even realizing it due to how louder were the banging of the drums compared to the humble rumble of the unarmed truck. It contained five men, with two being high-ranking officers and a bunch of supplies of fuel and ammunition, which fuel made up most of the load. From the two driver seats, came down Krebs and Burgdorf, which surprised Hans.

"Herr Burgdorf? How did you get here? I didn't see you during the meeting," said Hans as he tried to figure out how Burgdorf arrived, so as the other soldiers.

"He hid in our beer storage," answered Krebs while rolling his eyes. Burgdorf only gave an annoying look back at Krebs.

"Anyways, we have brought a lot of fuel after we heard of that race of yours. Before you ask, my flyers saw the race happening and therefore reported back to us in base.
Radio transmission didn't seemed to work because of the Barrier so we couldn't notify you earlier. Anyways were your mapping a success?" asked Krebs.

"Nein sir, because of that very fast race, all we were able to see and draw was this mountain itself. How did you know we were on top of this mountain by the way?"

"It went like this..."

FLASHBACK
Burgdorf was driving along the road together with Krebs and three random soldiers they picked to meet up with Steiner's unit, and they were desperate on their current location. All the Burgdorf and Krebs knew was that they followed along this road. But thanks to the headlights, they saw a clear figure of a girl in traditional clothing, walking alone. The two high-ranking officers were not sure if she was human or youkai so we readied our guns just in case.

"Miss!" called out Burgdorf  out loudly. The girl then turned his head to them as a good sign he heard what Burgdorf.
"What do you want, Outsider?" asked the girl back at Burgdorf.
"Have you ever heard of a race going on here? Where did they go?" asked Krebs.
"Oh, all of the racers gathered themselves along with almost everyone around here on top of that mountain. As you can see, the lights from that festival are quite bright to be seen from this far. Coincidentally, I'm also going there," answered the still unnamed girl.
"Want to ride on us?"
"Hmm, if this ride of yours is faster than my horse, then I'll accept it." (She's of course kidding.)
"Yes." Then this girl jumped on the back part of the truck before Burgdorf accelerates towards the top of Youkai Mountain.

"What is your name, girl?" asked one of the soldiers in the back, with an StG 44 slung upon his back. 
"Ah, the name's Hong Meiling, a youkai." This made the Germans more cautious.
"You eat humans?" asked one of thee Germans.
"Yes..." instantly the Germans readied their guns, cocked it and pointed at Hong Meiling. She sensed the danger and points out a sigh-relieving fact about her diet.
"...but I do eat ordinary foods provided by my master and it's like a century ago the last time I ate human flesh." The Germans were then relieved and put down their weapons.
"Youkai's live that long?" asked one Burgdorf. The rest of the conversation faded in distance (of the camera) as the truck nears the festival.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"We knew that she was a gatekeeper of a mansion of his mistress, problem now is that what if the mansion is left unguarded?" thought Krebs aloud.

"Oh, we'll just see Cinderella Gensokyo Edition Live." The Germans around them laughed at Hans' joke. Then, came Nitori and some Kappas carrying Sake to where the Germans were. Burgdorf was then happier. "Booze!"

The Germans drank up together. Some with small cups, others with wine glasses and one who dared to drink it in one bottle, which was of course Burgdorf. He was a strong drinker back in the Bunker together with a couple of Generals. Now after being banned from drinking in the base, he finally got to drink. Then they were singing a German song, which was the notable German beer song even though they weren't drinking beer. But all alcohol reminded them of the beer back at home.

Meanwhile a few Germans were introducing their war machine, and the most interested were the Kappas, which were obviously fascinated by the Outside World's engineering.

"The cars that you've seen like this one are modern cars with improved engines. Ours are military vehicles that are much much older. These war machines are specifically designed to kill, I say again KILL. Humans can lose lives because of these things.

Intimidation aside, we will begin with our scout car, the Sonderkraftfahrzeug 222 or in short the SdKfz 222 from now on. This scout car is armed with a 2 centimetre Kampfwagenkanone or in short KwK, L/55 automatic cannon and an air-cooled Maschinengewehr 34 machinegun that fires a 7.92?57mm Mauser catridge in a fully rotating turret. It runs on a Horch 3.8 V8 petrol engine with 90 Pferdest?rke which carries it 80 kilometres per hour on road, 40 off-road. It has 30mm of Rolled Homogeneous Armor on the front, around 14mm on the sides and 5mm for the rest of the parts. Overall, it weighs 4 to 5 tons."

Everyone in the crowd were scratching their heads because they couldn't understand everything. Even the Kappas who were even scribbling down notes are having a hard time to wrap the explanation with their heads. The one who introduced noticed the change of expression in the crowd.

"Apologies if you cannot understand. We will now explain it in a simpler way instead. Now here is an Sdkfz 250 half-track converted into a mobile command post. It's basically a vehicle designed to carry troops faster to the front line while being protected by enough armor to deflect bullets and harmful flying metal. The reason it has wheels and tracks in the same time is so that we could travel both on road and off-road without difficulties."

Now the crowd can understand his words better due to some of them smiling.

"Finally here is a Panzer IV medium tank. At first it was designed to support infantry, but after our enemy showed their more powerful tanks, we were forced to upgrade this tank to kill their tanks instead. It has a decent front armor of 80mm and a long 75mm gun that can penetrate 82mm of steel at 1000 metres which is about this thick..." said the soldier as he tried to estimate the thickness of 82 milimetres with his two fingers. The crowd replied with an 'oooh'.

"Any questions?" asked the soldier. A Kappa raised her hand.

"Yes, can we reproduce these war machines for the sake of defending Gensokyo?"

"If you have the resources and fuel, it's not a problem. I have readied a copy of the blueprint including the list of materials needed. And everybody is free to ask questions anytime when we are free." The crowd then leaves slowly with so much information in their minds that they could not understand. The Kappas however stayed and asked for the blueprints. The unnamed soldier gives them three blueprints instead. The blueprints were designs for the Panzer IV, the K98 rifle and the Mercedes-Benz L3000 truck.

"Good luck with them." said the unnamed soldier. 
"It's getting dark Franz," said Wilhelm reminding Franz how long they were exploring the mansion.

(This is made-up so please remind me.)
Inside the abandoned mansion, there lots of weeds and vines growing around. Strangely the plants that were in the mansion were living healthy as if were taken care of everyday. Dusts were also everywhere on the floor and portraits of somebody that hanged on some walls were also dustier. Spider webs were caught on the two German soldiers once a while which is really normal for somebody to explore an abandoned place. And it seemed like all the food were already gone after they inspected the kitchen.

The furniture would have looked shiny, the floors would have look new, the walls would have been smooth, and the portraits would have been as clear as a photograph if they would call a team cleaners.

At first though, they came into the house by climbing up the stairs straight to the second floor. Now they climbed down as he saw a cloth covering over a certain something. Wilhelm then drags it off to see a red sports car with two white stripes running over it. On the hood, there was a key with a small piece of wood chained to it with the name written, Yuuka Kazami.

Hell that was a long detail!

Also to the next person posting, I might suggest pulling Maxwell out of Annabelle's body and finally sending him to heaven and give the Germans a bit more time the next morning? Now the Germans have flyers available to map everything, now only to document culture.
Screw that...  :P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:34:32 PM by Hannibal_Kills »

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2016, 03:31:02 PM »
Can you leave the next part to me? I still need some wording to be done.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2016, 04:07:31 PM »
Can you leave the next part to me? I still need some wording to be done.

Sure, then i guess the other next one is my turn ?

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2016, 05:17:25 PM »
Here it is.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ara...Look what we got here."

Without notice, a teasing voice coming out from nowhere, attacking the mind of these two soldiers. Then, unable to move an inch, these two are subjected to the sudden intense light that came from the garage door being open. On the other side, Yuuka could be seen, in the shade of the sunflowers, lifting the heavy door while still holding the umbrella in front of her.

"I came here looking for someone that could knocked out Elly-chan outside... turn out it's only two little rat stealing the grain."

Moving like she was still in her garden, Yuuka moved toward these two ever so gently. Her's figure blotted the sun, her shade slowly creeping the space. The two that's frozen in place, know that's they   
shouldn't be here. Their leg want to move out from the big black shade, as if it carry it own omen.

It's more like a certainty though.

"What did you two do to her though?... Did you two tricked her somehow? That's didn't explain how she's sleeping gently though... Did you perhap poison her? Nah, her stomach isn't that weak..."

Slowly and surely she come closer, the shadow reach their sole. She then picked out a tube of metal, just from inside her robe:

"Or perhap... did that gun of your, end up tearing her innard? The wound mark's clearly still there, and there's that green mushroom..."

"Seriously" thinking about that, she suddenly laugh a little. The shadow then suddenly creep up from their feet.  They seem mishapen enough to strangle, the people alive in it hold.

?Ahaha? There?s no way she would be weak enough to actually get pierced by that!... If that is true though??

With the slow and surely step, she come with the thread of dead. The shadow keep getting more and more distorted, like a gaping maw that swallow whole?

??Look like I will have to train Elly-chan all over again.?

?And then she casually passed.

?Really, what kind of gatekeeper let the owner do the job with the small fry like this? What should I do first to punis? I mean train her??

Completely ignoring the still-frozen solders, she came over to her own car and?

Effortlessly lift it up.

?Hm? Lifting the car for me everyday til the end of the Climb should be good enough , for starter.?

The shadow, as if isn?t needed anymore, disperse and revealed their true form as the shadow the sunflower made. Didn?t notice that though, these two are internally relief of their ?binding? and moved out of her way, as she carry the car outside?

?Oh, you guy shouldn?t be here, by the way.?

?And silently fly off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to do some introduction to the one that will be in the Heaven Climb, but maybe later.

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2016, 04:36:46 PM »
I'm done, you could write now

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2016, 04:43:20 PM »
Oh whoops ! (^-^')

Sorry about that, i'll get to work soon.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2016, 10:03:19 PM »
Okay.... i think i got an idea, i`ll let Max for someone else.

>"Hey hey !" A kappa behind the first row said while waving.
>"Eh ? Is it another question ?" Asks the soldier of unknown name.
>"Actually no, would you sirs mind showing these machines in action ? It would aid in our research."
>The soldier then turns to an officer nearby.
>"Sir, would that be possible ?"
>"Hmm, i`m not sure.... we would need a sizeable area away from here, so that there is no collateral damage nor injuries to anyone, proper target practice objects would also need to be arranged, we could use some of those metal targets that we brought for training."
>The officer then stops to ponder a while.
>"Other than that..... i guess that`s all, if that can be arranged, then there should be no problem for it to happen tomorrow afternoon."
>He then gives out a glare to the vehicle crews. "IF they behave."
>And with that, the crewmembers all back off and tense a bit.
>"I see." The kappa, who has a violet-colored hair, then turns to the other group of kappa. "Cmon guys, we can`t let this chance pass by ! Let`s go prep up something !"
>And with that, almost all the kappa scramble somewhere, a group head towards the east, where there is a plain that could be used, another group head towards an structure of some sort, one group grabs cameras and other gear that they use to measure things like climatic conditions, they even pull out a machine used to measure danmaku velocity, size and energy.
>"Huh ?" The unknown name soldier starts. "These people are pretty dedicated about their stuff, reminds me of my kids back at home."
>He then proceeds to smile.

I`m a little out of fuel/inspiration, so i can`t write much, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:15:58 PM by Starlighthawk »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2016, 03:48:39 AM »
I'll do a little part of Maxwell. If possible, I might also do the target practice scene.

Maxwell stretches his cotton muscles here and there during the race celebration festival. Medicine however was exhausted and sat on a wooden bench that was crudely made, probably by someone who never held a hammer, but he nailed it anyway. Su-san was stomping on Medicine's shoulders as to perform a massage, since it is muscle-aching to be trapped a car for probably hours while speeding and drifting.

"Now, since I saved this living doll from a sentient car, where's my Afterlife?" yelled Maxwell at the sky. Suddenly, he saw a bright gap in the night sky that dropped down a flight of stairs from the sky. From those stairs, walked down an Angel who came to pick up Maxwell's soul which was still inside the body of Annabelle. The Angel guided Max up the stairs slowly as Max himself was excited to receive his award. After climbing those stairs, the Angel picked up Max's soul from Annabelle, which revealed him in his original human form.

He drew closer to the Golden Gates of Heaven for every steps he made. He wanted to meet his dead parents and greet them finally for the first time after those long years, he wanted his wishes to modify any car he wants to become true in that holy place. But that was until a trapdoor opened below him before he could even made to that said place. The Angels even played this song. Fortunately, these chain of events only happened through the eyes of Maxwell, nobody else even Medicine and Su-san didn't notice the Annabelle doll disappearing into the air.

It was lucky that Maxwell only landed on a thick bush down below. Then he heard a whisper to his ears: "Not yet."

Now, from a creepy-looking doll that can curse anyone, he was now a normal human being. His clothes were a collared shirt checkered red and white along with a brown jacket on it, and a pair of jeans. He also got a cowboy hat on his head to make him look more like a Texan cowboy, which was his hometown really. Covering his feet were a pair of boots as he rose from the bush he landed which is not that far away from the festival.

?God dang it, why my death is still delayed? Oh well, it?s good to be human again,? mumbled Maxwell to himself as he approach the lights of the festival.
After Yuuka left the mansion with her car, Franz and Wilhelm were finally not froze from shock and fear. And obviously the next thing in mind was this:
?Run.?

They ran as fast as they could fearing that the woman earlier who was Yuuka would chase them down for breaking into her old mansion. They arrived at their half-track which was gladly left untouched, got into it, started the engine and drove away at full speed. Luckily Yuuka wasn?t going to kill them down anyway.
A few minutes later, they arrived on the road their comrades were racing earlier that day. Franz took out his binoculars and looked at the top of Youkai Mountain which was lit by the festival. Even the banging of the drums echoed all the way throughout Gensokyo.

?Wilhem, we need to get on that mountain, NOW!? shouted Franz. Wilhelm acknowledged and there went their half-track towards Youkai Mountain.
Maxwell walked through the festival. It was really really loud and busy. So many Youkai?s, Humans and other unmentioned beings were there. His attention though was directed at a lonely stall which had a paper saying in Japanese which he couldn?t read, but the Yen symbol hinted that the stall was asking for donations. He took out his wallet, pulled a 5$ dollar bill and put it into the donation box. The girl who was sitting there suddenly changed expression and looked excited.

The target practice will be held the next afternoon both for efficiency and safety reasons. And that?s all for my part.

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2016, 03:58:28 PM »
Why Sanae would be excited for that, I have no idea...

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2016, 04:07:46 PM »
That's mean of you. >_>

*Whacks Andykhang with a gohei*

Treat Gensokyo's guardian properly !

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2016, 11:51:17 PM »
Why Sanae would be excited for that, I have no idea...
No, Reimu of course, remember? Or did I describe it wrong for the stall?

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2016, 06:17:51 AM »
Youkai Mountain == Sanae and the Moriya Shrine, don't you remember? And I don't think she's that shameless to ask for donation in other's shrine

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2016, 10:46:20 AM »
Doesn't mean the poor fella won't take a chance for it, I'd go for Reimu for now. Besides, Reimu's donation stall was almost empty with no visitors, just like how Grand described it before:
The Moriya's were busy trying to win a carnival game of bottle toppling while dressed in beautiful kimono's. Kasen was frequenting the food stalls, stuffing her face with cotton candy and corn dogs on sticks. Reimu was in a lonely stall in a far corner, begging for donations to her shrine and offering fortunes in exchange, but nobody cares about some dumb old shrine.
Here you can see the Moriya's playing a carnival game, which doesn't make sense if they host the festival at their shrine, shouldn't they sit at their own stall instead? But in the end, we don't really know where the festival was held; most probably at a random clearing near the finishing line.

And I don't think she's that shameless to ask for donation in other's shrine
I think it's more shameful to beg at a famous supermarket, you'd do anything for anything if you're short of it. But since it has been mentioned before, we can't change it unless Grand does it himself.

And somebody should continue, my turn's over.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2016, 12:29:29 PM »
Alright you guys, yes, it's Reimu, now let's continue.

I thought Half-Grand's part was really clear about that.

So whose's turn is it now ?

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »
If no one take it, I guess it's mine?

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2016, 06:32:11 PM »
When you said that no one would see the angel trolling before returning to the festival.

You would be a bit wrong.

"...So even them arrived huh?"

Yukari, in her usual violet clothes, were watching them with (devious) interests. Then from behind, Suwako came to her and said while casually gazing at the festival.

"Guess even the celebrity also come to this backward place for the race. "

"Ho...don't you want to chase them away?"

"...I did let you in."

"...Touch?."

After having a silent agreement, Suwako then bring out a bottle of sake and poured into the cup. Looking at the angels shooting at the gallery, she silently drink.

"Beside, the thing for the mass should let for the mass to decide. For the fact that the surrounding treat them just the same, it's clear that these girl is our type of person."

Sending a look of "Don't you agree?", Yukari nodded slightly while also pouring our her own drink.

"...That's the way this place work."

"True that... a couple of cannon-ridden metal box, and then these white birds...This race should be even more interesting."

"...Did someone said fried bird? Is it delicious?"

Out of nowhere, Yuyuko came, with an assortment of snack in her hand. Yukari then gently pointed her hand as them.

"...Depend on your taste."

Looking a bit disappointed seeing them, Yuyuko then asked:

"By the way, what were you talking about?"

"Just talking about the upcoming race."

"I see... who would be the one smoking our little sponsor in the face this year?"

The moment she said such innocent-like word, the aura of these 3 suddenly flare up.

The queen of the underworld, that invited her opponents to the grave.

The genius Youkai hermit, that's spirited her opponents to another world.

The cursed goddess, with her way and gut of steel that cut her opponents apart.

(In racing term only... I hope)

The answer is...

"...No one, huh?"

With just that word spoken by Yukari, the pressure disappear.

"Look like everyone here already picked their successor, huh?" (Yukari)

"...The race's happen only last year though." (Yuyuko)

"True, but our girl want to race so bad,.." (Suwako)

"And we can't just take all the spotlight..." (Yuyuko)

"...It added more weight if they managed to win after all." (Yukari)

After that, they decided to share a seat, then poured sake for each other. After drinking a bit, they're all stared into the festival and enjoying it's atmosphere...

"....Who would win between the 3 of us though?" (Yuyuko)

Again, the aura flare up in one corner of the place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came. The kappa prepare themselve for the exhibition.

Once again, the road have been raised.

(It's not neccesary for them though)

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2016, 07:55:29 AM »
I'm back everyone! I'm well overdue to my input to contribute to the story because awhile ago now some things came up and got in my way.

To those of you who didn't know I was just chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and checkin' out the cafe outside of the shrine when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in the neighborhood, I got in one little fight and Helepolis got scared and said 'You're movin' in with your auntie Eiki Shiki in Ban-Air'.

Alright, from what I understand most of us are getting bored with the Touhou mountain racing direction that this story has taken so I am now going to steer the story into a more epic and climactic direction that I am sure most of us will greatly appreciate. Lots more will be at stake now so the game has changed fellas!

Following on from Andykhang:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning after the end of race festival that night was a particularly pleasant one. Nameless fairies danced around in the blue sky above scattering flower petals into the calm summer wind. Rays of light were bounced off and reflected onto the ground below from the small clouds above. Everything was peaceful and serene that morning, but little did everyone know that something was stirring somewhere in Gensokyo that day.

Medicine and Su-san awoke from their light slumber on that crude bench they sat on last night. It seemed as though they had fallen asleep from exhaustion due to all the events that happened to them yesterday. This was odd for Medicine as she normally required the familiar scent of Suzuran around her to lull her into a slumber. She had very rarely slept anywhere else besides in her suzuran field before, but this time due to her exhaustion, she didn't feel out of place or uncomfortable from sleeping elsewhere. Medicine rubbed her eyes and gazed at the surroundings around her with a few sleepy blinks.

It seems as though both youkai and kappa alike where busily packing up the festival tents and decorations around her. Tents where being folded away by a few kappa to her left and the tall banners that were linked from light post to light post were being brought down by two unfamiliar tengu. Even the tall structure where Suika was beating her drums from above that night was being slowly dismantled pole by pole. Medicine and Su-san gazed at it all for a moment in wonder of how different and lively everything looked the night before. All of that excitement and vibrancy was being swept away slowly now, like it never existed in the first place.

"Max... what is happening around here now-" Medicine said as she slowly turned her head to her left, expecting to see her new doll friend still there. Maxwell wasn't there though, the bench was bare and empty with only a few scattered leaves there now where Maxwell sat last night. Medicine turned to Su-san and asked her "Suuu~saaaaan, did you see where Max went last night?" while she still rubber her left eye. Su-san just looked at Medicine and shrugged her shoulders innocently. She woke up at the same time Medicine did so it was very unlikely that she saw Maxwell go anywhere. Medicine thought to herself for a moment and then said to Su-san "We should really look around for him... or her... I'm confused still about that! I don't think he is familiar with Gensokyo like we are so he might get lost or something. I don't think he can fly like we can either so that makes it even worse". Su-san nodded her head in agreement and hopped onto Medicines shoulder, ready to follow along with her. Medicine jumped off of the bench while it let out a faint creak noise and Medicine began to look around her to survey her surroundings. Medicine brought her hands up to her forehead and said unconfidently "The only thing is... I have no idea where to even start looking for that doll. He could be anywhere by now" Medicine said with a sigh.

Just then, a crowds roar was heard in the not to far distance from where Medicine was located. It was a similar crowds cheer to what she hear yesterday after Dark Horse was finally stopped. Could it be that something similar to the event from yesterday was just beginning? In any case, from the amount of noise that erupted in the distance, it seemed as though lots of people must be there. Medicine thought to herself that if such a noise could be generated from afar, perhaps she might be able to find Maxwell there in among them all. Maybe he could have been attracted to the noise as well and decided to investigate what it could be. Medicine decided that she would head over to the source of the noise and seek Maxwell out there.

"C'mon Su-san!" Medicine said as she began to levitate off the ground "We'll see of Max is over there and if he isn't, we can at least ask around if anybody might have seen him". Su-san gave another nod and in that instance, Medicine took flight to the sky above her to travel towards where the crowds cheer was coming from.

--------------------------------------------------

A reasonable distance away from Medicine and the grounds were last nights festival took place, a dark figure was roaming around in the forest while stepping over bushes and other bits of wildlife. Sunlight was finally coming through the open clearings of the thick trees above and from that, the dark figure wasn't so dark or nearsighted as it was before. It was Maxwell, lost in the forest still from last night after the angels above him decided to drop him back down to earth. He clearly had no idea where he was going through all of this thick forestry around him and he was constantly pulling out thorns that where attaching themselves to his brown jacket. "Damn those angels" Maxwell cursed to himself while still picking out thorns from his jacket sleeve "You would think that after everything I went through these past few days, you know, being placed inside a dolls body and having to work on disabling that car that was too smart for its own good, those angels would have at least rewarded me a little better for it... and SCREW THAT SONG THEY PLAYED!" Maxwell suddenly shouted to himself in frustration. Maxwell suddenly stopped pushing his way through the thick forest to catch his breath a little from the hard climb.

"Who would have thought that the angels of Heaven could be such dickish trolls to someone who served them like I did" Maxwell sighed to himself and pondered further "Is Heaven really all that great if the angels there have such a weird sense of humor?". Maxwell adjusted his cowboy hat and proceeded to take off one of his cowboy boots which had nice ornate decorations on their outside. he tipped the boot upside down and let a small bit of dirt pour down from the inside. He gazed at the boot for a second and thought to himself "Well, at least those angels were nice enough to give me back my original body and my favorite boots in the whole wide world!" Maxwell grinned widely as he admired his very western set of boots that he cherished dearly, even in the days before he was originally killed years ago. Maxwell continued to think more to himself around the green trees and bushes that encircled him "If those guys from Heaven still want me to stay on Earth for something, what could they possibly want me to do for them next?".

Maxwell looked down at his belt where a familiar being was strapped to his side. It was the Annabel doll that not too long ago his soul called home. He unstrapped the doll from his belt and gazed over it once more from top to bottom with a sly smirk on his face. "I can barely believe that this ugly, creepy thing was once my body... the angels really were trolls to put my soul in this body that is barely holding together from age. Oh well, I'll keep this as a memento for finally putting Dark Horse into retirement" said Maxwell to himself as he then began to strap the doll to his belt once again. He stretched out his arms and arched his back to relieve his tired muscles from the hike he made around the forest once he fell back to earth. "It sure feels nice to have my old body back... it was kinda cramped in that doll after being in there for so long" said Maxwell after he finished stretching and put his hands by his sides.

Just then, Maxwell heard a crowd cheer not too far from where he was. It was familiar to him... kind of sounded like the crowd he heard yesterday after he got involved in that race after commandeering Dark Horse. He could tell which direction the crowd noise was coming from despite him being lost in the woods. At last, Maxwell was finally not lost alone in the woods and was finally near some kind of civilization. His curiosity grew only higher at what was ahead so he began to scramble hurriedly towards where the noise was coming from.

Finally, when he emerged from the forest clearing and stopped stumbling over the fallen branches and bushes, he could clearly see what was causing all the commotion. It appeared to be a second race that was being set up to follow on from yesterdays. This race however was more professionally set up since it now had a proper starting line, stands for all the crowds to watch onward, food stalls on the sidelines, an announcers tower that rose high above the ground and many more racers were behind the starting line, revving their engines in anticipation for the races start. Maxwell gazed around the spectacle a little more and his eyes were guided to a large banner that was hanging overhead of the starting line that read "3rd annual mountain race 'Heaven's Climb". Maxwell thought to himself "So... this is a continuation of yesterdays race or something? Well, I don't have a car anymore so I don't think I'll be participating in this one". He walked briskly towards where the crowds where gathered at the stands and decided to get a better view of everything there.

He climbed a small flight of stairs to get himself a seat towards the back of all the other seats. He edged his way past a few of the other people who were already seated and found himself a free seat in among all the others. He quickly sat down before anybody else could think of taking the seat and he was finally able to relax for the first time since he got his old body back. He took his cowboy hat off and wiped his forehead with his sleeve, still a little puffed out from scampering through the forest. Still, Maxwell was just glad that he wasn't lost in the forest anymore and was actually around people again.

"Hey mister, you were the one from last night, aren't you?"

Maxwell was startled a little from hearing a young woman speak to him from his right side. He looked over and saw a familiar face... it was the same woman that he donated $5 dollars to last night at the festival. Maxwell didn't expect to see her again so this was a pleasant surprise. She wore the same outfit that she did that night, a red and white outfit with detached sleeves and her brown hair was tied up into a shoulder length ponytail with a red ribbon. She sat there in her chair with a gohei in her right hand.

"Oh... hey, it's you again... from the festival last night, right?" Maxwell smiled a tired smile at the young woman who recognized him suddenly. The one in red and white spoke back "yes, I was the one who was giving fortunes for donations at the festival last night. I'm glad that someone remembered... not many seem to remember" the girl frowned to herself for a moment when she recalled last night. "Ahhh, well in that case I hope my five bucks cheers you up a little. Collecting donations is always a hard thing to do for a cause you believe in" Maxwell said as he put his hand behind his back and grinned pleasantly. The girl continued "Well, it's not really for a cause in-particular, it's mostly to keep my shrine in a reasonably pleasant condition for visitors... you know, keeping the roof over your head from leaking when it rains and all" the girl pondered to herself over the condition of her shrine. Maxwell caught the word 'shrine' and asked "Oh, you work at a shrine so you? Are you like a priestess or something? Pardon me ma'am, I'm not to familiar with eastern customs around here" Maxwell said in an apologizing tone. The girl placed both hands around her gohei and said "Well, I guess I could be called a priestess by some... but most people here just call me a shrine maiden... it's nothing really fancy or anything" she said as she waved her gohei around slightly.

The girl then realized something and that showed on her expression on her face. She said to Maxwell "Oh yeah, when you gave me your donation, you walked away before I could give you your fortune. Luckily for you, I still have a few with me now so you can take one". Maxwell shook his hand at her and replied "Oh no, no, you don't have to give me one of those. I'm not exactly the religious type and I was only just wanting to help" he said modestly. The girl insisted "Oh, don't be like that. The native gods are always around us even if we believe in them or not. Here, take this. Your starting to sound an awful lot like a friend of mine with not being religious and all" she then placed one of her small paper fortunes forcefully in his hand and his hands had no choice but to take it. Maxwell though to himself that he was a little bit curious as to what it said so he looked at the girl again who had a face that insisted that he open it. He opened the small piece of paper and read the single sentence written on it.

You will overcome a great catastrophe in the near future, but you will grow stronger from it than ever before.

Maxwell, didn't know what to think of this fortune but since he wasn't the superstitious type, he bore no mind to it and simply tucked it away in his blue jean pocket. The girl smiled at him accepting the fortune and she turned back to the racers revving their engines on the track ahead of her. Maxwell, glanced around more at the surroundings ahead of him and noticed than in a field just next to the race taking place soon, a whole battalion of the German's had their vehicles readied for a crowd of both humans and kappa that were onlooking in both curiosity and excitement. Maxwell felt a little tired though so he just decided to stay in his seat and thought to himself that he might check it out later.

The girl next to him leaned over to Maxwell again and said "You know, that money you gave me is very different to the kind we have around here and your clothes certainly stand out here among all the other humans. Your from the outside world, aren't you?" asked the girl with an inquisitive glance in her eyes. Maxwell replied "Oh, well where I come from, a lot of people dress up in these hats and boots all the time. I come from a place called Texas and we have a strong line of history dating all the way back to..." Maxwell continued on with his conversation with the red and white clothed girl as the race still prepared on below them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Franz, Wilhelm and all of the other German soldiers were once again all reunited and where now regrouped in a small field next to the race that was going to commence soon. Most of them were readying their cannons of varying sizes and starting the engines of all of their fleets vehicles for the crowd in front of them. Many of the people in the crowd were simply enjoying seeing the machines in action but many of the kappa around the back, including a certain kappa called Nitori, were waiting eagerly with clipboards in hand, waiting to gather all the notes and intel they can on the Germans guns and vehicles. One German was speaking to the crowd in front of him but another high ranking officer was walking briskly towards Franz and Wilhelm with a concerned look on his face. "Franz! Wilhelm!... where did you two disappear off to yesterday when we were participating in that race?" questioned the officer who confronted an on the spot Franz and Wilhelm.

"Well, you see..." Wilhelm stuttered out at the officers demand and Franz continued "We got bored of the race the others were participating in and we decided it would be better for the mission to scout out and map other areas that the others were ignoring" Franz replied more directly. The officer crossed his arms and continued "Oh, well then what exactly did you see when you decided to go AWOL and branch off from the rest of the group?" questioned the officer in an intimidating tone. Wilhelm continued to stutter at the officers demands "We-well, we ended up seeing... some green mushrooms and... and old abandoned house... and-" Wilhelm said with a hint of fright in his voice before the officer cut him off. "You mean to tell me you disbanded from the group and didn't even have anything to show for it that could help in this scouting mission! You two are going to receive harsh punishment once we return back to our motherland! The first thing I'm going to have you do is scrub all of the toilets at base with little toothbrushes! Have I made myself clear gentlemen!?!" Barked the officer at the two disheartened soldiers. "Yes, sir" the two soldiers muttered in great disapproval of their harsh punishment.

Another solider then came up to the officer with a piece of yellow paper in his hand and with great urgency in his voice. "Captain, captain! We just received a direct telegram from the F?hrer himself in response to how the Japanese government is grading our performance on this scouting mission!" the soldier said as he passed the telegram over to the officer who hastily grabbed it and began reading it. The solider continued "It basically says that the Japanese government is appalled by our handling of this mission and not happy at all about the intel we have gathered so far. The pictures of the mountain that most of the soldiers drew was not satisfactory for the Japanese to consider useful information so they have decided to abandon the mapping campaign and have all of us recalled back to Germany". The officer finished reading the telegram and then threw the paper on the ground in disgust. "Bah! this is what happens when we are led into a race with the locals and we try and fit our mission around it. We have truly disgraced the name of the F?hrer's army... fine! we will ex-filtrate the Gensokyo area at nightfall this evening. But first, let us give these people the show they are looking to watch!" said the officer as he threw his hands up to excite the crowd. The crowd roared in cheer as the Germans began to cock their weapons and start their engines.

"Show these people the might of German military!" shouted the officer as he pointed his finger towards the sky. And just like that, all of the cannons on the back of all the military vehicles fired in unison for the crowd to splendor at. Loud booms and crackles filled the surrounding area and the engines of all the military vehicles only added to the symphony of noise that the Germans were creating. The people in the crowd "ooooooh"ed and "aaaaaaahhh"ed at the sheer power of the German infantries firepower and the Kappa's where taking copious notes on how each of the Germans war instruments performed. Luckily, there was nothing in the way of where the Germans were firing so they went all out in showing the people who their machines operated. The noise only grew louder and louder as time went on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the racetrack, the racers were eagerly revving their engines in anticipation for the race to start. Makohashi and her Crimson Ghost of course were placed around the middle of the pack and Yuuka Kazami was also close by in her red sports car. The atmosphere grew tense as everybody was eager to begin the Heaven's Race. So many more where there with all their cars with their feet placed firmly on their drivers petals.

In the crowd, Marisa and Alice where in the grandstand along with pretty much all of the members of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Everyone was there and eager for the race to finally start. The racers all continued to rev their engines loudly and along with all the noise of the German's firing their weapons and revving their vehicles close by, the sound was so loud that even Kyouko Kasodani would think it was overkill.

Suddenly however, the ground beneath everyone's feet started to tremble immensely with tremendous power. People everywhere where wondering what was going on and the racers on the track where looking around, forgetting that they were about to start a race. An earthquake? That was what everybody though to themselves as the rumble on the mountain began to grow more and more powerful.

Then, like a sudden flash, the ground began to crumble at the top of the youkai mountain above everyone who was awestruck to witness what was happening. From the crumbling ground of the top of the mountain, an enormous figure flew up into the sky above, almost blocking out the sun from its huge mass. Like a triumphant phoenix, it levitated in the sky for a moment before it dove back towards the earth with a powerful thud that made the earth shake.

Mei Ling from the crowd of people at the grandstand recognized immediately what this enormous figure was that disrupted the events of today's race. She shouted it's name out for all to hear:

[attach=1]

The giant catfish waved it's tendrils around at the people below him and shouted in a great voice that shook the earth:

"I am Taisui Xingjun! And all of your incessant noise on this mountain these last two days has awoken me from my thousand year slumber! I am going to make the Earth shake and crush every single last one of you so I can finally rest in peace once more... DIE YOU NOISY LITTLE ANTS!!!"

All of the racers at the starting line rushed as fast as they could out of their vehicles away from the catfish that towered like its own mountain above them. One of the catfish's tendrils whipped out at the cars at the starting line and crushed a row of them under its huge blubber of a tendril. One of the cars that was crushed was Yuuka's red sports car. Yuuka raised her fist towards the giant catfish and yelled "You bastard! You squashed an expensive piece of equipment that I had in my mansion for years!". Luckily, Makohashi's Crimson Ghost car was still undamaged.

It looks like today's Heaven's Climb race is going to have to be postponed... due to giant destructive catfish.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:57:11 AM by HalfGrand »

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2016, 03:30:08 PM »
Me next! And also, can I kill off the catfish?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:36:46 PM by andykhang »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2016, 03:50:04 PM »
Uh.... well, this is troublesome.
Half-Grand got banned, so one less person... :(