Author Topic: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread  (Read 96736 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread
« Reply #810 on: July 09, 2016, 03:05:08 AM »
I'm trying to get a group together to play danmaku tomorrow, lol, perhaps before then. I don't know when that is, probably later in the evening, but I'm available about whenever tomorrow.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Mеа

• catnapping
Final splatfest!! Getting together
« Reply #811 on: July 18, 2016, 06:12:29 AM »
Ccool and I played today and had a pretty great string of regular runs. Since the final splatfest is next week, this is a great time to get some more maidens to come join!

We expect to be playing together again I don't know when but if we fight the rotation of the earth we might be able to get some time that works for everyone. Which was a problem last time someone's tried this apparently.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #812 on: July 22, 2016, 10:16:31 PM »
Alright, FINAL SPLATFEST complete. My little squid is a Callie Queen with 1377 Callie Power. I used my trusty Aerospray MG for most of it and got matched with some great teams. I feel like 75% of matches were on Moray Towers, but hey, what would the final Splatfest be without a ton of Moray Towers sniper turtling? The new (or new-ish, anyway) side ramps really open up the map though, so it was still quite a lot of fun. Not sure if I'm going to come back and play more later, but I might.

I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #813 on: July 23, 2016, 04:21:27 PM »
The new (or new-ish, anyway) side ramps really open up the map though
Those are from ranked mode, if you weren't aware.  Those that play both turf wars and ranked (as opposed to the players that only play ranked) had been asking for those changes for since the map came out.  They added it back in March with the 2.6.0 patch.  There are also those high barriers added near the bottom of the ramps for extra charger cover.

I haven't played Splatoon in a few months (April I think...I don't recall playing since they added special depletion to weapons), but my rusty ass still managed to finish with 1638 Splatfest Power when I hit Marie Queen on my main account.  Now I have my alt account to rank up and my nephew's if he hasn't finished by the time he heads out to the movies.

Edit: Of course, my internet is down yet again and isn't scheduled to be fixed until Splatfest is over. Fuck you, CenturyLink.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:00:39 PM by Barrakketh »
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #814 on: July 24, 2016, 10:24:23 AM »
Alright, FINAL SPLATFEST complete. My little squid is a Callie Queen with 1377 Callie Power. I used my trusty Aerospray MG for most of it and got matched with some great teams. I feel like 75% of matches were on Moray Towers, but hey, what would the final Splatfest be without a ton of Moray Towers sniper turtling? The new (or new-ish, anyway) side ramps really open up the map though, so it was still quite a lot of fun. Not sure if I'm going to come back and play more later, but I might.

For me, on the other hand, I got the Warehouse the most. Stats as follows: {Wins/Defeats}

Warehouse: 19 {12-7}
Dome: 15 {7-8}
Towers: 8 {4-4}

8 Lobby Disconnects

Kamiko made it to the Queen level; confirming MAX title for every single Splatfest! She flew the flag for Marie/Hotaru and...
https://twitter.com/Tamashii_Kanjou/status/757156078727618560

HOTARU WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS! <3

VIVIT

• Robot maid
  • ow my hand
« Reply #815 on: July 28, 2016, 02:06:56 AM »
She had trouble getting any wins in previous splatfests, so it's definitely good to hear that she gets the last laugh.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #816 on: July 28, 2016, 02:36:13 AM »
That's okay, people can be wrong. That's fine, the bad squid can have this one. The good squid will have to clean up in Splatoon 2.

That was really fun. A bit sad, but still fun.

Hopefully people don't drop off too hard after this. I'd still like to start to get back into ranked.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #817 on: July 28, 2016, 07:20:42 AM »
I'd still be up for playing as soon as I can get my ass back on the floor

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #818 on: July 30, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »
I would love to arrange a little get together of those who want to just mess about in either public games and/or private matches. Skype/Discord would make it easier for us to just banter that way too; just would need to work out a time that would be easier for us all <3

{I'm still looking for anyone from the UK to help form a team in the online leagues; if anyone knows anyone <3 }