Author Topic: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Game has come to an end  (Read 85123 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 3: Summer: Where in much gropings are taken
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2009, 09:08:17 PM »
Question: Doesn't changing the raws mean we have to make a new world and suchlike?

Nope, already tested that out before before I even made Suika Fortress using one of my older game files. All the saves are in the data folder and will remain unaffected. All this will do is if you take the file out of the folders that you download and put them in the appropriate areas in the raw (graphics and objects) folders. It should replace any images that are currently there with new images and replace certain text once you start up the game.

Just remember not to put the graphics and objects folders themselves that you downloaded to replace the folders, just the files inside.

Course it a matter of when or if other critters will come visiting the area. :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:21:09 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »
I've checked with Serp earlier tihs morning and as of right now, Serp is trying to get Autumn complete.

Since 7 days have passed and she made enough progress I will give her an extra two days.

During that time, you must finish the fall and the winter season and have the file posted ready for the next person to play.

Otherwise, we will have to return to Purvis's file and have him transfer it to the next person to play the 3rd year.

Just giving you a heads up on this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:56:29 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 3: Winter: The Mystery of Yukkuri Pants
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2009, 05:22:10 PM »
Treasurer's Log, Sixteenth of Limestone, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Autumn

The Suika trading party from the homeland has arrived, and we have much to trade with them:  glass, toys, and even equipment wielded by the Biokkuri that have been attacking recently.  I'm sure that the tales these merchants bring back to the homeland will encourage more Suika to emmigrate here.

"Welcome to Beer Axe, merchants!  Totaku will be here shortly to trade with you."  Serp took the opportunity to greet the wagons rolling in, then turned to another Suika behind her.  "Grab that stack of Biokkuri pants we confiscated from the captives."

One of the merchants turned to Serp with a curious expression on her face.  "Pants?  How exactly does a yukkuri make use of pants?"

There was a long moment of silence.  "You know, I'm not entirely sure," Serp replied.

Treasurer's Log, Twentieth of Limestone, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Autumn

Our woodcutter and carpenter, Jan-san, was ambushed by a Momizikkuri while walking through the small marsh just outside our fortress.  Unfortunately, for the Momizikkuri, Jan-san was on her way to cut down some trees at the time, and so had an axe handy.  The result was quite messy.

Jan-san hefted her axe and faced the Momizikkuri.  There was a moment of eye contact.  The Momizikkuri started to slide backwards, trying to escape, but it was too late.  The water, ankle deep and flowing slowly, reflected the two foes.  There was a flash of movement, and the water was kicked up into a great obscuring splash.

The next moment, Jan-san landed lightly on the other side of the Momizikkuri.  Her axe glinted in the weak autumn sun.  The two faced away from each other in complete stillness as the droplets of water fell down around them.  Then, Jan-san started to walk away, not even looking back.  The Momizikkuri started to turn around, opened its mouth to speak, then abruptly split into seventeen pieces in a shower of bean paste gore.

Treasurer's Log, Third of Timber, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Autumn

There has been little to report, lately.  We have begun quarrying rock for the purpose of building a large guard tower, and we found a deposit of an ore of zinc which we are currently excavating.  The only recent setback has been a pile of rotting meat that the caravan left behind, which caused a disturbance when the smell made the entry hall uninhabitable.

Treasurer's Log, Seventh of Timber, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Autumn

Another artifact was completed today, this time by an immigrant maggot milker.  Defying the expectations of uselessness that some tactless Suika surely taunted her with, she has created a fine amulet with a worth of over 55,000 Suikabucks.  This is the most valuable artifact produced in our fine fortress so far.

Treasurer's Log, Second of Obsidian, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Winter

Another birth in the fortress!  Our crossbowsuika, Anthony, has given birth to an infant named Vabok.

Treasurer's Log, Sixth of Obsidian, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Winter

And now another one - our gem setter, Asmel, has given birth to an infant named Inod.

Treasurer's Log, Eighth of Obsidian, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Winter

And still one more, a girl named Thikut to our one of our champions, Dumat.

Serp sat down at her desk, hunched over her reports, scribbling furiously.  She muttered to herself, "Four dedicated miners... three quarry tunnels... must harvest sphalerite deposit...  need to resume potash production, we're running low..."

Purvis appeared in the doorway.  "Lover!  Another baby has been borned!  Love is in the air!"  She seemed to be in a good mood.

"Ceremonial weapons haven't been completed yet...  our weaponsmith is is wounded...  need more buckets to bring him water...  die in a fire, Purvis...  clean rotten fish spill...  reassign a farmer to building the guard tower..."  Serp even didn't look up from her work.

"You are needing much breaks!  Come relax with me soon!  And be ready for making babies!"  Purvis quickly fled the room before Serp could attack her, reasoning that Serp was only acting unfriendly because the stress was getting to her.

Treasurer's Log, First of Granite, Year Two-Hundred Four, First Day of Spring

Here's my seasonal r
  (Log abruptly ends.)

"Lover!"  Purvis's trademark greeting rang through Serp's office.  "You have been enjoying of my gift of making engagement for one year now!  How is it pleasing you?"

Serp twitched and a vein stood our from her forehead.  The pen she was holding in her hand snapped.  She whirled on Purvis and threw the broken pen at her.  "I am not being of enjoyment, you idiot!  I am doings of duties!"

"You're drunk, Lover!  Clearly you are enjoying of this task, but make denial from embarassment and drunkenness!"

"AAAGH!  You septuple drunk!  I quit!  I quit this job and throw your gift in your drunken face!"  She picked up her stone chair and threw it at Purvis, too.

Purvis ducked out of the way, then started running.  "Your denial is of cuteness, Lover!" she shouted happily over her shoulder.

"AAAAARGH!  You will be dying!  Come back and die!"  Serp chased her out of the room, snatching Jan-san's axe out of her hands as she walked by.  "You shall be made dismembered, I swear it!"

The crowd of Suika stumbled out of the way to make a path for the grinning, running Purvis and behind her, Serp waving a battleaxe over her head.

---

Well, there's my turn.  I was a little rushed at the end, you can probably tell.  Anyway, I'll send this on to Jan-san in a few minutes.  A few notes:

Remember that Parsekkuri hate clear glass, but not green glass.  Also, make sure you don't try to trade them anything in a wooden bin.

Chenkurri have started adopting our Suika en masse, but I haven't done anything to prevent that just yet, since I think it's fine to have a substantial breeding population.  At some point, though, we're going to want to start caging them as soon as they're born and then butchering them as soon as they reach adulthood (since you get more meat that way).

I have plans for the big guard tower spanning the place where the rivers meet.  The first floor isn't even complete yet, though, so feel free to disregard them.  Basically, I just needed something to keep the fortress employed, and this is it.  It also might be nice to keep control of the only crossing point for the rivers.  The three bridges have become redundant, so I've ordered them removed.

Ramis is still bedridden.  I'm saving the forging of the military's weapons for her.  The soldiers have all been set to wield a specific type of weapon once that weapon is available.  One has already grabbed an iron spear, and another has a steel mace, so the sword, axe, and hammer are queued.  The queued weapons are all of silver, to minimize the chance of injuries when sparring.  When we can buy better steel ones from the mountainhome, we might as well take that chance.

Images of the two main levels of our fortress are here and here.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Serp

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2009, 05:27:58 PM »
Oh, I notice that in Jan-san's signup post, he said he'd prefer to go after some of the signups after him.  I'll just post the files here, so that if Jan-san would prefer to be skipped, Ramus can go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynyz1l4wymn

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:05 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to skip this turn. I'm still getting the basics, so I'll go at the next go-around.

Great updates, by the way. If we have more writing talent like these last couple of turns on our team, we should have a great Suika Fortress story to tell.

Totaku

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
Excellent run there Serp. ^^ That was quite an enjoyable tale you put together in your persepctive.

Anyways, I went though and moved Jan-san to the back. Also Serp if your going to play again, sign up! Cause I seem to keep forgetting to mention that you need to re-sign yourself back up if your going to do another year.

As for now Ramus, it is your go since Jan-san has decided to pull back. I hope your ready.

(It would be interesting to get the prespective of a bed ridden Suika.)
Now I Twitter

Serp

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2009, 02:51:26 PM »
Oh, whoops.  Yes, please sign me up again.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »
Erm, Serp, you've uploaded the wrong file.  Whatever other fortress you've got going on right now is the one you gave me.

Totaku

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »
Erm, Serp, you've uploaded the wrong file.  Whatever other fortress you've got going on right now is the one you gave me.

I just checked the file myself. It's the correct version and file. I don't know what your seeing, but maybe it has to do with Serp's file when your DLed it.

I went and zipped it have it ready.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zl4xe3mkyi1
Try now.
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Got it working.  I wonder what went wrong... anyway, onto (wo)manning this fort.

Scratch that.  I, Ramus, am going to do something a bit different every time my turn comes around (like now), and go adventuring.  Wee hee, starting with Ramus XII.

Before I get started, I'm feeling adventurous (pun) and let you guys decide what stats I'll start with.  One thing is for sure though, only real men go it alone.  So yeah... for hilarity's sake.  Make your pick, I can be a Suika (dwarf), Human (Human, dur), or Parsekkuri (elf).

Humans, well rounded and fit most types of armor.
Suikas, small, but tough, have an armor problem.
Parsekkuri, can talk to animals, run fast, and hug trees.  They also snap like twigs.

Human Skills:
Swordman
Maceman
Axeman
Hammerman
Pikeman
Bowman
Crossbowman
Spearman (heck yes)
Lasher
Shield User
Armor User (mandatory, more or less)
Wrestler
Ambusher
Thrower
Swimmer

Parsekkuri Skills:
Swordman
Bowman
Spearman
Lasher
Shield User
Armor User
Wrestler
Ambusher
Thrower
Swimmer

Suika Skills:
Marksuika
Swordsuika
Macesuika
Spearsuika
Axesuika
Hammersuika
Lasher
Shield User
Armor User
Wrestler
Ambusher
Thrower
Swimmer

So yeah, just give me a rough estimate on how trained you want Ramus the whatever to be in whatever areas.  I typically prefer a Human with armor and shield training, some spear on the side.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:56:29 PM by Ramus »

Serp

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2009, 11:58:01 PM »
Take some levels of Swimming just in case.

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Adventure Intermission: Ramus XII's exploration in Gensokyo!
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2009, 12:12:21 AM »
Fine, I'll approve of this as long as it's only done every once in a while since the primary objective is more on building an awesome Suika Fotress (or going down an awesome way after so long).

Anyways, as of this point. I'm going to say....

Human
Spearman, Wrestler, Thrower, Swimmer
Now I Twitter

Nachtwanderlied

Prof. Wrestler

Prof. Ambusher

Prof. Thrower.

Basic survival course is  go.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
You guys better enjoy the stat placement because that's all this post will consist of.  I need to go find a fort before any action actually occurs.

Stats are in place.  I take pride in always making the remaining count equal to zero.  Anyway, most points in spear because I need to be able to efficiently kill stuff and leveling weapons take a while (unless someone tells me there's a better way than slaughtering hundreds of enemies).  Enough into shields and armor so that I'm not held back by them and that I'll start off with both.

About the same amount of points as shields and armor are also put into swimming, sneaking, and throwing.  Swimming because I don't want to drown in a puddle, not to mention I may have to cross a torn down bridge.  Sneaking is always nice against archers and such so I can kill them before they shoot me.  Throwing because I'm not going the archer route.

Heavenly, immortal balls.  No really, holy water does wonders when applied there.

Welcome to the hometown.  After buying a water skin and some food from here, I'm never coming back!  The only goal is to make it to the old fort.

Made from yukkuri, how nice.

I'm at the red X.  And I need to head way...

...way...

...way... down into that area and into unknown territory of mountains.  That being said, I might even have to go farther because I got the location wrong.  Tune in next time as Ramus Angelballs XII travels the land and reaches the fort and perhaps dies along the way.  The fun stuff should start next post.

Serp

Anyway, most points in spear because I need to be able to efficiently kill stuff and leveling weapons take a while (unless someone tells me there's a better way than slaughtering hundreds of enemies).

Perhaps slaughtering hundreds of...  innocents?

Nachtwanderlied

there is nothing more humiliating than getting beaten down by 15 peasents

AT ONCE

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
In some alternate universe...

:  Day 1

I begin my journey south towards an abandoned fortress called Beer Axe.  It said to contain legendary items made by dwarves of ages past.  I set my goals on claiming those.

:  Day... 33?

The road has been pretty calm.  No ambushes, no wolves, no bandits, no carps.  Weather is placid and supplies are still doing quite well.

:  Day 34

Alas, I pressed my luck, things went rough today.  Wolves attacked and nearly chewed off my right leg.  I remember it now...

Ramus:  Die beasts!

(Nice thing about spears, not only can they pierce and horribly wound creatures, they can also be stuck so far in as to be twisted and do extra damage.  Consider it critical damage.)

:   Gack!

(Important, while down, your speed is severely cut.  Press s to get back up.)

:  My arm!  YOU BASTARDS!

(Good news is that it's only a minor scratch, however, if it literally took off my arm, the game would be over)

(Ramus VS four wolves, Ramus wins, I stick around to pick up pebbles, my lethal throwing weapons)

:  Day 38

MORE WOLVES!

(Oh joy, another great thing about spears, they can hit hearts, lungs, livers, and other generally soft and poke-able places for LOADS of damage.  That wolf I just hit won't live much longer.)

(Even spleens, even spleens...)

(And lungs, and spines, really nice in general)

:  Day 42

Met a Yukkurumia.  I poke it a few times before it keeled over.

: Day 65

I've found a river on south end.  With any luck this one will lead me to the lost fort of Beer Axe.

:  Day 73

Such luck is not with me.  Instead I find a few wandering Suikas who can't point me in the right direction and are busy being drunk.  I'll eventually get there.

: Day 75

Wolves, they attacked me in a group of five.  I nearly lost my nose during the encounter.  I stopped by an active Dwarf fort to rest for a short while.

(My computer is slow and so I sit at this screen for twenty minutes.  Good news is dinner was good.)

(Still going though...)

Okay, I think this is a good place to leave off.  How soon I update again?  Depends on when I find that fort.  May take anywhere from five minutes to DAYS.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Alas, Ramus XII had to retire due to the fact that he was still too far away.  I mean really freaking far.  Instead, Ramus XIII started at town about, say, a week's walk away.  Not one of my better moments.

Ramus:  Salvation!

Ramus:  Suika skull.  This is definitely the location, the skull is still pretty recent.

Ramus:  Some building.  Due to the fact that I haven't taken a good look at the fort yet, I don't know what's in there.  More puzzling, I can't seem to find a door into it.  I keep moving on.

Ramus:  First sign of actual mastermindry going on, a large platform in the middle of the place for no apparent reason.  One must wonder what they actually have this here for as it's rather plain and pointless looking.

Ramus:  A little later, I find the entrance.  Pretty standard, about six meters wide, there was likely high traffic through here at one point.

(Hope those traps still aren't active)

Ramus:  Several precious metals, likely used for trade as the group is near the entrance.  I'll grab a few on the way out.

Ramus:  Kennels, likely used at one point to raise loyal yukkuri.  Look to be dog sized.  Note to self, some of those dogs may still be here.

Ramus:  A switch.  I'll resist the temptation to pull it right now.  Who knows what horrible traps may be set up to punish the curious.

Ramus:  A farm, about as boring as you'd think.  All the more so since I'm out here in the dead of winter.  I shall quickly walk back in before my ever loving toes freeze off.

Ramus:  Mine shaft, apparently Dwarves have no problem sweating and digging instead of building a house outside in the light.  Maybe they have some connection to vampires?  Dirt vampires?  Cave bats?  Oh, hey!  I think I'm onto something here!

Ramus:  Tunnels are largely... uneventful.  Completely uneventful.

Ramus:  Moving a few floors up, I think I have found the live quarters.  The rooms are tiny.  It's wonder if anyone was actually happy living in this cramped place.

Ramus:  Some open space.  Probably was once full of water or lava before the dwarves drained for whatever reasons.

Ramus:  Yoink!  And nothing seemed to have happened except for that pillar disappearing.  Whatever system they had working apparently didn't work.

Ramus:   I TRIPPED!  AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

So yeah, that was the fort.  No enemies, no precious weapons (that weren't broken), I couldn't even pull the lever and kill myself in glorious lavafall (I assume that's want it was for).  I had to manually jump into a pool of lava.  I'm a bit disappointed myself, but oh well, better save that for next time when the fort will probably be a bit more complex and be filled with enemies.  Anything I'm forgetting?  Oh right, lava don't work well in the winter.

T34G3, your turn is up.  Get the file from one of the previous posts, I didn't actually do anything.

Serp

That deathtrap does work - it just doesn't kill whoever pulls the lever.  If you had gone a level higher up that staircase, you'd have seen it.  It dropped the prison into the lava.

Also, while checking that the trap works on my save, I also checked the drawbridge.  When I lifted it, it catapulted a pile of raw fish that had been sitting there up through a hole in the construction and onto the construction itself.  Speaking of which, it's interesting that constructions that were designated but not complete as of the abandoning still show up to adventurers.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Resigning up for another round of adventuring.  I'll be raiding another fortress in a few years I guess.

Nachtwanderlied

i'm off da list

Totaku

Mmmm? ok I'm moving you in the specator section then.

Also I will go ahead an bring up that I have some rules for adventuring if anyone is interested, but I'm going to still make building the Suika Fortress the main prioirty of the game here.

Other than that, I've also sent T34G3 a PM hopfully he'll be able to continue onwardm otherwise if not enough progress is made in a week we will move to Xan's turn.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:25:55 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Today is the first day of my spring-to-next-spring interim leadership. And because everybody else has either given up or also leads from their current spring to the next spring, right? NO! I dug the first hallway and gems out of the soil, and also prevented the possibility of the ceiling collapsing on everybody's necks! And what did the others do? Chop the woods with bare hands! And every one knows that trees felled with hands are the ones that got bored of the ever-whacking of the person in question!

Ahem, but now on the point...

The parsekkuri arrive just after the first days of spring. Exceptionally useless junk is traded for more exceptionally useless junk.

17th of Granite

Shortly after the trading, a diagonal mining operation discovers microcline and more alunite. I could have started mining it with my fellow miner right away, if some dickweed wouldn't have sprinted down the shaft stairs to announce us that...

...another fucking biokkuri assault is coming towards the fortress. What a surprising and individual case, my old friend! Care to help us mining the microcline with your BARE HANDS?

Jan-san runs for her dear life away from the biokkuris.

okay, I think it's time to take some action

I disable Purvis' hauling skills because that's what has been keeping her running, but Purvis then suddenly runs again into a pack of biokkuris.

And finally, I assigned my pussy military forces stabbing haystacks inside to attack the biokkuris outside.

I come back from my braving scouting mission and running away from the biokkuris which are running away from the suddenly awesome military forces which were just trained in a couple of years! I instantly head for my bed happily skipping, as the military is doing it's job. I hear Purvis coming down the hallway, yelling and badmouthing the remaining Suikas in the barracks to quit sparring and get into real combat. All the Suikas on the hallway move out of the way of the furious Purvis, who heads into her room with a loud slam of door. Funny enough, Goden, who slaughtered most of biokkuris, was one of those Suikas in the barracks!

15th of Slate

What the christ? 23+ migrants in the mid-spring? Just after a crisis that killed more than 8 Suikas before the military finally arsed to do something about it? I really have to make up something for these untalented idiots to do.

Also...

...and so was the fortress guard formed from the first rampant hillbilly.

Thank you, Purvis. Even when out of the forums, you still make my day.

26th of Slate

It appears that the salmons have become once again active at the spot where the rivers intersect. Also some expansions to Purvis' room.

2nd of Felsite

One of my trusty miners has been taken by a fey mood! She claimed the mason's workshop, and now she's working on something utterly mesmerising! I hope it has microcline.

4th of Felsite

Sodel Athelonsen has begun a mysterious construction!

Sodel Athelonsen, Miner has created Unibam, a Alunite throne!

20th of Felsite

I decided to send an engraver to decorate the dining room of Purvis, our new mayor...

And finally! The summer update is done! I apologize for it being so small, I finished this at the middle of the night and it was getting sort of repetitive. And I didn't tell every single detail of the invasion, just some pinnacles of it. I logged most of that event in a log.

So, let's recount, there was

• A biokkuri ambush that much of is untold, a few snatchers appeared as well but they never got any child or baby on Anthony's watch.
  • A mid-spring migrant wave
  • The first tantrums of the fortress, leading to creation of fortress guard.
  • Purvis becomes the mayor
  • A secretive mood
  • Two engravings with names based on recent events in Purvis' dining room.[/li
So, not that much of improvements. I'm still thinking up expansions and something to aid in the defence to avoid unnecessary casualties.

floor pics taken in Bluria Blurcam Model 509 Mark II Navy edition

1st floor

2nd floor

tetrahedrite, whatsthemineralsnameide, microcline and alunite deposit
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:06:30 PM by T34G3 »

Nachtwanderlied

alunite does nothing why did you mine it out

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
I (Ramis) am still in bed right?  Darn it, I'd like to get my suika back into the action some time in the near future, doing anything!

alunite does nothing why did you mine it out
I'm mining to the direction of microcline

I (Ramis) am still in bed right?  Darn it, I'd like to get my suika back into the action some time in the near future, doing anything!
Well the assault wasn't really much. Majority of the fortress was inside but I forgot to assign the Suikas to stay inside before they go outside because then it won't work. That's why Purvis, Altrevir and Jan-san went jogging outside.

Yeah you're still bedridden but atleast not dying. There is also another champion who is bedridden.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:25:09 PM by T34G3 »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Guess I can't complain then, it can be far, far worse.  Did the pointy eared ones complain about the trees or anything?

the parsekkuris just said that they're okay with us as we are not burning down metric fucktons of forest or anything that violates their ethics

also holy christ shut up Momuz and Totaku

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 4: Spring: Digging it easy!
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2009, 12:45:42 AM »

also holy christ shut up Momuz and Totaku

Lol If you kept the meat market going I probably would. See if there are any stray Kochenkkuris and Chenkkuris around, Shove them in a cage, make them nice and plump, once that's done let them out of thier cages and set em for slaughter. I'll handle the rest....hehehehehehe (just be sure to turn off fishing so I can butcher em.)
Now I Twitter

Serp

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 4: Spring: Digging it easy!
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2009, 02:47:53 AM »
Heheh, whoops, my bad.  You can cancel the jobs queued in the manager if it makes life easier for you.  [j]->[m] to get there, if you're not familiar with it.  I use it 'cause I'm lazy and don't like to keep telling my dwarves to repeat a task.