Author Topic: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL  (Read 210291 times)

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2016, 09:04:01 PM »
No chance for Hecatia huh?  :( would have really loved to smash stuff with her flail-like planets.

Drake

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »
guys please don't take my facetious mima joke seriously

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2016, 09:34:08 PM »

You're too late for that, my bones are already feeling it up.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2016, 10:05:39 PM »

At this point you should be aware that Mima is always the new character :P

Which is very hypocritical on her part, considering she beat up Tenshi for messing with The Hakurei Shrine.

While I do agree Yukari's absence from ULiL was pretty sneaky, I'd like to add something ? the reason Yukari beaten up Tenshi on SWR wasn't because the shrine's earthquake, but because when Tenshi rebuilt it she put a Hinanawi clan keystone under it, making it her shrine, no longer Gensokyo's.

That's why Yukari decided to punish her.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »
since adding her would mean three IN characters.
However, we already have 3 TD characters.
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2016, 03:29:46 AM »
It might've been more clear for those who watched the nicolive stream or even directly, but that purple sprite was Reisen. She was doing the finger gun motion and shooting things with her hands in general.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong though, 'cause I want more playables.

« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2016, 08:41:46 AM »

Man, her gun looks less like a raygun and more like a megaphone now.

Yes or some trumpet.

It's Mima, no doubt but the type of walk of the sprit is kinda weird.
Like a bunny.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness

« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2016, 09:10:05 AM »
Looks like it is just Reisen, after all.

This is the Reitaisai trailer ? The images in the photo aren't in it.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2016, 09:46:53 AM »
This is the Reitaisai trailer ? The images in the photo aren't in it.
Those were just slides. Scroll down.

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2016, 09:55:02 AM »

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2016, 10:44:15 AM »
Well, that's a letdown.

Anything of interest in the text though? They seem to be refering to the PC version as well as PS4 version.
Spoiler:
Cross compatibility
maybe?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:48:40 AM by Critz »

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
Well, that's a letdown.

Anything of interest in the text though? They seem to be refering to the PC version as well as PS4 version.
Spoiler:
Cross compatibility
maybe?

You mean the trailer? It's just advertising blurb stuff. You know, like ,"First official Touhou Project game to be released on the PS4!" and "Thrilling dammaku battles have been ported perfectly from the PC version!" Nothing substantial. I suppose it's worth noting that Reisen's story mode is considered "Extra", presumably in that very particular Touhou sense.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:51:21 AM by Clarste »

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2016, 10:57:16 AM »
Yes or some trumpet.

Plot Twist! It was ZUNpet all along!

To be honest, Reisen was pretty awesome to play in Soku (Lunatic Red Eyes ftw), and I expect some more awesome combo with her.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

yomichiyu

• party up in here
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2016, 11:10:48 AM »
I'm hoping there's other characters yet to be announced. While the first PS4 trailer is out, it doesn't rule out the possibility of additional characters, especially with the game yet to be released. Quite a disappointment if Reisen's the only new character when the game's released though, as it would've been very nice to see new characters step into the spotlight instead.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2016, 11:24:49 AM »
If Reisen gets a story mode that plays after LoLK, I'd assume she'd get a unique Final (or Extra) Boss.

Sumireko isn't really relevant anymore at that time and non of the other Characters that are already present in the game seem like much of a good way to end it on, aside from the typical Reimu battle, that has ended all Touhou fighters before this - but if I remember correctly, Reimu starting to move and handling things by herself instead of awaiting Sumireko as the final boss of ULiL was an important plot point, so I doubt that would be revoked by her becoming the Final Boss after all.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »
If Reisen gets a story mode that plays after LoLK, I'd assume she'd get a unique Final (or Extra) Boss.

Sumireko isn't really relevant anymore at that time and non of the other Characters that are already present in the game seem like much of a good way to end it on, aside from the typical Reimu battle, that has ended all Touhou fighters before this - but if I remember correctly, Reimu starting to move and handling things by herself instead of awaiting Sumireko as the final boss of ULiL was an important plot point, so I doubt that would be revoked by her becoming the Final Boss after all.

...It's probably Reimu, but I suppose it can't hurt to be optimistic.

UTW

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2016, 01:50:19 PM »
However, we already have 3 TD characters.

Right. Forgot about that.

Well, now that the silhouette mystery has been solved it puts a slight damper on the speculation. Though I'm still hoping for and would expect someone else, probably still from LoLK. I'm sticking to it.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2016, 02:02:47 PM »
Tasofro's page for PS4 version:
http://www.tasofro.net/touhou145ps4/

New feature:
Like weathers used to in SWR, each Mystery Spot effect is now described in text using Touhou's "about enough to" format. The Pyramid is "a bizarre (phenomenon) about enough to allow as many Occult Attacks as you like", and Stonehenge is "a bizarre (phenomenon) about enough to make the battlefield narrower." They seem to have changed the Pyramid's function?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:49:17 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

cuc

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2016, 02:38:48 PM »
Now there is a... staggering amount of things wrong about the way they are handling this. *Puts on grumpy hat*

Like, for the trailer, Unabara made a new Youtube account different from his old "unabara iruka" one. still called "Unabara Iruka". If you want to be more formal, wouldn't it make more sense to name the account after your group, not yourself?

Then he set the trailer to "unlisted", making it unsearchable and can only be viewed through a URL link. That's exactly the reverse of what a trailer is supposed to do! Of course it's also just called "th145 ps4", so it's not that likely to come up in searches anyway.

On to the game itself, as shown by the trailer and the screenshots. The screenshots' EXIF info gives away that they were captured on May 6. The trailer can only be made using the same or an earlier build.

In the trailer, the stage backgrounds are in the low-quality mode, using only single 2D images. This indicates they either haven't optimized the engine well enough to run 3D backgrounds smoothly, or have visual bugs with the backgrounds. This doesn't matter in itself as they would definitely optimize their engine in time, but does indicate how early their development is. Unless they could somehow forgot to turn high-quality backgrounds on for the trailer.

The screenshots are in 1080p, but the game's UI assets are still the same 720p ones, now stretched. Of course the already super low-res moon image stays the same. Again, these can be replaced in time, and the question is whether they are actually going to do it.

The UI being the same as PC version means much of the text is too small. Because console games are played on televisions, console makers used to have very rigid standards regarding their UI: all text must be sufficiently large to be readable from your couch, and developers can't put UI at the edges of the screen due to the CRT's overscan cutting off the edges. Now with everyone using HD TV, these standards have been laxed, and many developers just snuck PC-style tiny text in games, not caring whether players can actually make them out. Still, compared to the pro fighting game developers, this UI is immediately recognizable as a PC UI, made by people without any console or arcade development experience.

Oh, they still aren't doing the 3D programming properly (see the light rays in 160509e.jpg), but we are used to that now.

Also, they changed the font used on spell card names from MS Gothic (native to Windows systems) to the free Noto Sans (already the main UI font of the game). Obviously, this is a legally required change, and should have been in the first PC release to begin with.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:52:54 AM by cuc »

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2016, 07:13:15 PM »
There's just one thing to do : wait.

I've big hopes and there's no date afterall.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2016, 08:36:36 PM »
Now there is a... staggering amount of things wrong about the way they are handling this. *Put on grumpy hat*

Like, for the trailer, Unabara made a new Youtube account different from his old "unabara iruka" one. still called "Unabara Iruka". If you want to be more formal, wouldn't it make more sense to name the account after your group, not yourself?
I see that quite often, actually. Some circles have numerous youtube accounts which they used once to upload something, to abandon them the second later.

Then he set the trailer to "unlisted", making it unsearchable and can only be viewed through a URL link. That's exactly the reverse of what a trailer is supposed to do! Of course it's also just called "th145 ps4", so it's not that likely to come up in searches anyway.
Well these things seem to be fixed. There are no tags, though.

And at least we got a nice new version of "Occult a la Carte", though I wonder why.

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2016, 08:52:30 PM »
I see that quite often, actually. Some circles have numerous youtube accounts which they used once to upload something, to abandon them the second later.

Just, why, any idea ?

« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2016, 12:47:40 AM »
Just japanese people things.

cuc

« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2016, 03:13:09 PM »
Well these things seem to be fixed. There are no tags, though.
Would also be better if he used full "for PlayStation? 4", rather than "forPS4" without the space in the middle.

Another important detail is found at the bottom of the page.

The copyright info says: ?SUNFISH Co., Ltd./黄昏フロンティア

黄昏フロンティア = Twilight Frontier. SUNFISH Co., Ltd. is Tasofro's own corporate entity, just as Kourindou Co., Ltd. is ZUN's. Both names first came into light during 2011's White Canvas incident. This should be the first time Tasofro themselves showed the SUNFISH name to the public.

« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »
I change my mind, I'm glad Reisen in it, only so that i can hope she'll kill Eirin for abusing her so much in this game.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:30:10 PM by the old guy »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
I change my mind, I'm glad Reisen in it, only so that i can hope they she'll kill Eirin for abusing her so much in this game.

So you're hoping for the impossible?
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2016, 10:50:05 PM »
yes.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2016, 10:04:52 AM »
I, for one, would hope for Sanae's appearance as an playable character, given that she and Sumireko have never met, and it would be interesting as to how they would react to meeting each other.

Also, as much as I would LOVE for Rin Satsuki to appear, she clearly won't, as she has been forgotten... It saddens me to say that, but it is so.  :(
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...