Author Topic: Touhou Fan-RPG WIP (aka: HELP!!!)  (Read 2948 times)

Zero Izayoi

• DJ Amish, the Touhou DJ
  • Poet and daredevil, among other things... (x.o)
    • Floating Cactus
Touhou Fan-RPG WIP (aka: HELP!!!)
« on: September 20, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »
Hi. For some time I've wanted to make a Touhou-themed RPG using RPGMaker VX, but I always run into this one tiny problem. I SUCK AT PIXEL ART! I have every other skill needed to make this work except for the character designs.

This is where you guys come in :)

I'm looking for somebody to help me with the pixel art for the game I'm making. I'm fine with the character graphics, scripting (code and storyline), and everything except the actual character models. :/

They'd have to be arranged in groups like this for battle sequences and the like:

I really want to pull this off, and I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

Thanks,
Aisaka.
Uh, what is this thread about? o_o
well it was simply quoting from The Book of Trolls but then Edible posted a Nick Cage mecha and it all went downhill from there

I yearn to fix this break in what never existed; to reclaim my reality, even though it isn't real...

Drake

Re: Touhou Fan-RPG WIP (aka: HELP!!!)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
do you actually have a proof of concept or screenshots or a build or anything solid yet

likely nobody will jump on board unless there's already significant effort being put into it and such

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
A collection of pixel art for a game that has been dropped is the saddest thing to happen to the pixel artist. I hate to be pessimistic, but most one person teams that attempt to make RPGs fail to finish producing their games. I know this first hand from my own attempts at games, from a team that fell apart, and from watching people come and go on these forums. Because of this, I'd like encourage you to just use placeholder graphics. Whatever that graphic you have there as an example is good enough for now. Use it and worry about proper graphics in the future.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:58:50 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
Are you willing to convert rpgmaker xp sprites to VX? If so I can lend you all the character sprites I have (and that is all the windows characters that aren't in ten desires and a few pc 98 characters). If you are wondering what they look like then here is a sample
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Zero Izayoi

• DJ Amish, the Touhou DJ
  • Poet and daredevil, among other things... (x.o)
    • Floating Cactus
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:44:59 PM »
I actually have RPG Maker 2000, 2003, XP, and VX, so YEAH! That sounds great! I'll just make it on XP then :). That's perfect, actually, because I would have asked specifically for a pre-made charset, but I didn't know if there was one.

Thanks!
Uh, what is this thread about? o_o
well it was simply quoting from The Book of Trolls but then Edible posted a Nick Cage mecha and it all went downhill from there

I yearn to fix this break in what never existed; to reclaim my reality, even though it isn't real...

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »
Since you have the story elements under control, what can you tell us about the game in terms of story?
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/