Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)  (Read 267155 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Previous topic (5) here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9281.990.html

Ask all Danmakufu 0.12m related questions in here. Please use pastebin.com for large blocks of code.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:00:49 AM »
As a reply to the bugged replays from the old topic:

I'm sure there was a discussion somewhere about CommonData causing a mess in replays. And it was because CommonData doesn't get saved/loaded properly in replays. Something about the Save/LoadCommonDataImReplay functions.

This needs some investigation, because I also had that problem with my own replays.

Edit:
So I did some investigating, and here's what I found out about common data messing up the replay's gameplay:

Code: [Select]
#TouhouDanmakufu[Enemy]
#Title[Common Data In Replays]
#ScriptVersion[2]

script_enemy_main{

SetCommonData("Test",rand(0,360)); // Sets a random angle
if(IsReplay==false){ LoadCommonData; } // This will keep the angle the same every time you play it, remove it if you want it to be random every time
if(IsReplay==true){ LoadCommonDataFromReplayFile; } // Correctly loads common data during replays

let time=0; // MainLoop style lol

@Initialize{
SetScore(300000);
SetLife(50);
SetTimer(10);
SetInvincibility(60);
SetDamageRate(10,10);
SetEnemyMarker(true);
MagicCircle(true);
SetEffectForZeroLife(60,100,1);

SetMovePosition02(GetCenterX,GetClipMinY+100,50);
}

@MainLoop{

SetCollisionA(GetX,GetY,16);
SetCollisionB(GetX,GetY,16);
SetShotAutoDeleteClip(32,32,32,32);

if(time==60){ CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,2,GetCommonDataDefault("Test",90),RED01,0); } // A visual test

time++;

}

@BackGround{
}

@DrawLoop{
}

@Finalize{
if(IsReplay==false){ SaveCommonData; SaveCommonDataInReplayFile; } //Save common data only when not in a replay, just putting this condition here as a safety measure.
}

}

Not using Save/LoadCommonDataInReplayFile will give you the wrong random seed during replays, causing Subterranean Animism moments.

In short, so many types of CommonData are really unnecessarily confusing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:59:21 AM by puremrz »
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »
Just as a side note, even with correctly saved common data, you may still encounter desynced replays at a far higher rate than would normally be tolerable. Another good example I remember is the Sasupoika's entry in the second Halloween scripting contest. I had tried to make a replay of me unlocking the secret boss, but every time, the boss would kill me in the replay when I'd been perfectly fine otherwise. I made 3 successful unlocks of the secret boss (never did beat the damn boss though) and all 3 times, the replay would desync. And then I gave up.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

puremrz

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »
Question!
I want a 2nd task to tell what should happen in the 1st task without using CommonData.
How to do that?

Example:

let i=1;
loop(12){
BossSprites(i); // Creates 12 different boss sprites
i++;
}

//====== skip =======

MoveBossSprites(GetClipMinX+100,GetClipMinY+100); // A task from the same script that tells the task "BossSprites" where it should move next

//====== skip =======

task BossSprites(id){
let xsize=128;
let ysize=128;

let obj=Obj_Create(OBJ_EFFECT);
Obj_SetPosition(obj,cx,cy);
ObjEffect_SetTexture(obj,GRbosssprites);
ObjEffect_CreateVertex(obj,4);
ObjEffect_SetPrimitiveType(obj,PRIMITIVE_TRIANGLESTRIP);
ObjEffect_SetScale(obj,1,1);
ObjEffect_SetLayer(obj,5);
ObjEffect_SetRenderState(obj,ALPHA);
ObjEffect_SetAngle(obj,0,0,0);
ObjEffect_SetVertexXY(obj,0,-(xsize/2),-(ysize/2));
ObjEffect_SetVertexXY(obj,1,xsize/2,-(ysize/2));
ObjEffect_SetVertexXY(obj,2,-(xsize/2),ysize/2);
ObjEffect_SetVertexXY(obj,3,xsize/2,ysize/2);
ObjEffect_SetVertexUV(obj,0,0,0);
ObjEffect_SetVertexUV(obj,1,xsize,0);
ObjEffect_SetVertexUV(obj,2,0,ysize);
ObjEffect_SetVertexUV(obj,3,xsize,ysize);
ObjEffect_SetVertexColor(obj,0,255,255,255,255);
ObjEffect_SetVertexColor(obj,1,255,255,255,255);
ObjEffect_SetVertexColor(obj,2,255,255,255,255);
ObjEffect_SetVertexColor(obj,3,255,255,255,255);

while(Obj_BeDeleted(obj)==false){

// How to get the data from MoveBossSprites in here?
// Writing task MoveBossSprites{  }  won't work, so how do I do it instead?
// Don't say with common data, it'll become really messy if I have to resort to that. :(

wait(1);
}
}

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »
Why do you need that speceific task that tells those sprites what to do? Implement it in the same task that creates them.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

puremrz

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
Why do you need that speceific task that tells those sprites what to do? Implement it in the same task that creates them.

The first task is called at the beginning of the game, it's for making and moving fake boss sprites.
They won't move until I tell them to, so I need something that I can call at any moment to move the sprites. For example, to have the fake boss sprites fly around during a stage.
Reason it's a task and not an enemy script is because this won't vanish during/after boss battles.

But what I tried won't work (see example), and I can't figure out what I should do instead.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »
The first task is called at the beginning of the game, it's for making and moving fake boss sprites.
They won't move until I tell them to, so I need something that I can call at any moment to move the sprites. For example, to have the fake boss sprites fly around during a stage.
Reason it's a task and not an enemy script is because this won't vanish during/after boss battles.

But what I tried won't work (see example), and I can't figure out what I should do instead.
Wait a minute? Is it a task from stage script you wanna control from enemy script? Then only common data is the solution.

Anyway, if you want some task to perform "commands" from outside this task, just make an additional script-level variable so every instance of that task can track it's state. If you just want a bunch of objects to do the same thing at the same time - just track frame counter like for example...
script_stage_main{
let fcount=0;

@MainLoop{
fcount++;
yield;
}

task SomeObject{
//create and initialize
while(object lives){
//do regular stuff
if(!(fcount%60)){
//do speceific stuff
}
yield;
}
}
}
This will make all objects do some speceific stuff every second simultaneously. You can check for more advanced conditions or like track multiple global variables (using a special task to control them).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:35:32 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

puremrz

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:00:05 PM »
Wait a minute? Is it a task from stage script you wanna control from enemy script? Then only common data is the solution.

They're still in the same script.
Actually I meant to do the opposite thing of what you posted. I'll edit things to show what I mean.

...And while modifying your script, I think I found the solution. Not sure if this will work though, I'll have to test it first.
At the very least, this won't cost me extra variables or CommonData.

script_stage_main{

@MainLoop{

if(at a random moment){ moveboss=["yesplease",oldx,oldy,newx,newy,speed,character]; }

yield;
}

task SomeObject{
//create and initialize
while(object lives){
//do regular stuff
if(moveboss[0]=="yesplease"){
//set new location and speed etc
}
yield;
}
}
}

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
...And while modifying your script, I think I found the solution. Not sure if this will work though, I'll have to test it first.
At the very least, this won't cost me extra variables or CommonData.
Yeah. That's the way to do this if you wanna "pass" multiple data to a task running. I always try to aware of using arrays, but in this case it makes code handling much easier. Just dont forget to reset flag after stuff's done.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 01:40:41 AM »
Pastebin doesn't work right now, so I'll be usign an alternate method.

I'm trying to make a Simple Main Menu, this is what I have now:

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/7443/MenuFunction.txt

I haven't tested it, but I wanna know if I'm doing good or what. Thanks in Advance.
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »
Looks on track to me but I haven't tested it in Danmakufu either. You might need to do some modifications if you intend to expand how the menu works, but this should be fine for a basic one.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 07:14:03 PM »
I'm confused with including functions.  More specifically, I'm confused with how to use Helepolis's custom cut-in script.  I know there's a readme, but even though I follow all the rules, I keep getting an error message saying that the identifiers for the three different types of cut-ins (KANAKO, NAZRIN, and BYAKUREN) are all undefined.  I usually list the #include_function thing first under script_enemy_main.  What should I do?

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »
I actually don't remember the order of the parameters, but it sounds like you're doing something like

cutin(KANAKO, blah, blah, blah);
Try putting it in quotes instead because Hele's functions are not checking for a constant, but a string.

cutin("KANAKO", blah, blah, blah);

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 03:29:26 AM »
Thanks!  The Cutins work now!  I also need help figuring out this error message (posted here to avoid necroposting elsewhere)

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 04:43:10 AM »
If you could please post the message? Press Ctrl + C to copy the contents of the Message Box.
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Drake

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 05:13:54 AM »
It just says the special character used is odd, maybe you forgot quotation marks.
Of course, it's pointing at a curly brace so there's no way of telling what it means without more code.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 06:42:31 AM »
I've been having some 3D background problems lately. I'm still new to them, so I probably don't fully understand the entirety of my code. Nevertheless, I managed to get one working pretty well until I realized that it blocked out the text that I had displaying bomb and life piece information (done with DrawText in the full game's @BackGround since @DrawLoop doesnt seem to work for stages). I managed to fix the issue with this:

http://pastebin.com/KymuSwJe (this is all in @BackGround)

Unfortunately, now the text appears but is blackened by the SetFog. I tried moving the DrawText to before the fog, but it only repeated the same problem as before: the DrawText was behind the background again. I also tried changing the start and end points of the fog, but no matter where it was, it always seemed to make the text black. Is there some way I can fix this? Or do I need to resort to using effect objects or something to display the data with 3D backgrounds?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:47:08 AM by Ozzy »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »
I've been having some 3D background problems lately. I'm still new to them, so I probably don't fully understand the entirety of my code. Nevertheless, I managed to get one working pretty well until I realized that it blocked out the text that I had displaying bomb and life piece information (done with DrawText in the full game's @BackGround since @DrawLoop doesnt seem to work for stages). I managed to fix the issue with this:

http://pastebin.com/KymuSwJe (this is all in @BackGround)

Unfortunately, now the text appears but is blackened by the SetFog. I tried moving the DrawText to before the fog, but it only repeated the same problem as before: the DrawText was behind the background again. I also tried changing the start and end points of the fog, but no matter where it was, it always seemed to make the text black. Is there some way I can fix this? Or do I need to resort to using effect objects or something to display the data with 3D backgrounds?
Have you tried to set ZBuffer to true? I remember I bumped into the same problem when I wanted to track variables during my stage. If this doesn't work out I'll get back to it when I am at home so  I can view my code.

puremrz

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »
I'm trying to make a caterpillar with object bullets chasing after each other.
I'm this close to finishing it, but there's something wrong in the ChainDelay task:

script_enemy_main{

let chainx=[0,0,0,0,0];
let chainy=[0,0,0,0,0];
//Making a sample chain of 5 bullets long
//etc

chainx[0]=cx+100*cos(time);
chainy[0]=cy+100*sin(time);
//Just spinning the boss bullet around as a test.

let i=0;
while(i<length(chainx)-1){
ChainDelay(10*i,i); //10*i means it takes 10 frames for the next bullet in line to arrive at the previous bullet's location.
i++;
}

if(time==0){
let i=0;
loop(5){
Chain(i);
i++;
}
}
//Creating the "chain" of bullets at the beginning of the script, nothing wrong here.

task Chain(id){
let frame=0;
let angle=0;

let obj=(Obj_Create(OBJ_SHOT));
Obj_SetPosition(obj,chainx[id],chainy[id]);
Obj_SetAngle(obj,0);
Obj_SetSpeed(obj,0);
Obj_SetAutoDelete(obj,false);
ObjShot_SetBombResist(obj,true);
ObjShot_SetGraphic(obj,RED01);
ObjShot_SetDelay(obj,0);

while(Obj_BeDeleted(obj)==false){

Obj_SetPosition(obj,chainx[id],chainy[id]);

frame++;

Delay(1);
}
}

task ChainDelay(time,i){
loop(time){ yield; } //this should delay things, but no matter what I give "time" as input, the bullets are only 1 frame away from each other. Even though I wrote ChainDelay(10*i,i); before
chainx[i+1]=chainx[i];
chainy[i+1]=chainy[i];
}

function Delay(time){
loop(time){ yield; }
}

It does make a caterpillar of bullets, but they're only 1 frame away from each other, no matter what I write in ChainDelay(*here*,i).

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »
Why don't you just shoot the same bullet 10 frames later?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 06:54:30 PM »
Do the bullets you use for that caterpillar pattern follow some non-static path? Cause if it's predefined once before caterpillar launch, you may just repeat calling the same bullet's task like Blargel said.
But if the direction of leading bullet may change on some random behaviour, why not just to use a chasing algorythm? You don't need to store an array of bullets, just pass an id of a chased bullet to the task when shooting the new one (use 0 to point it as a leader).

ExPorygon

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
Have you tried to set ZBuffer to true? I remember I bumped into the same problem when I wanted to track variables during my stage. If this doesn't work out I'll get back to it when I am at home so  I can view my code.

Currently I have WriteZBuffer and UseZBuffer set to true before the 3D background code and then have them set to false after it. The code for the DrawText information comes after it's set back to false. Doing this allowed the DrawText to be drawn over the 3D background. This was the only way that I found that allowed the text to be drawn on top of the background. However, doing it this way causes the SetFog to make the text look black.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
@Ozzy

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymyy5zmtem1

#include_function "./path/to/text.txt"
let imgFont = GetCurrentScriptDirectory ~ "path/to/font.png";

@MainLoop {
    // Make sure you're doing this in @MainLoop because it's making an effect object, not drawing in @DrawLoop or @BackGround.
    // Fill in the string, x, y, and layer yourself. I'd advise you to leave the rest of the parameters alone but you can fool with them if you're curious.
    // This version lets your draw on top of the frame itself if you want.
    DrawTextNew(string, imgFont, x, y, 0, 1, 1, layer, 1, 255, );

// There's also a SetFontColorNew function that works exactly like SetFontColor. Stick it before DrawTextNew.
}

Take a look at ObjEffect_SetLayer to figure out which layer you want your text to be on.

ExPorygon

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 03:53:45 AM »
@Ozzy

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymyy5zmtem1

#include_function "./path/to/text.txt"
let imgFont = GetCurrentScriptDirectory ~ "path/to/font.png";

@MainLoop {
    // Make sure you're doing this in @MainLoop because it's making an effect object, not drawing in @DrawLoop or @BackGround.
    // Fill in the string, x, y, and layer yourself. I'd advise you to leave the rest of the parameters alone but you can fool with them if you're curious.
    // This version lets your draw on top of the frame itself if you want.
    DrawTextNew(string, imgFont, x, y, 0, 1, 1, layer, 1, 255, );

// There's also a SetFontColorNew function that works exactly like SetFontColor. Stick it before DrawTextNew.
}

Take a look at ObjEffect_SetLayer to figure out which layer you want your text to be on.
You forgot to mention that I had to load the graphic in the script, though I suppose that was implied. Thanks a lot, this works nicely. However, are there characters missing? The file seems to contain code for / and \ but there aren't any images of them.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 07:05:40 AM »
You forgot to mention that I had to load the graphic in the script, though I suppose that was implied. Thanks a lot, this works nicely. However, are there characters missing? The file seems to contain code for / and \ but there aren't any images of them.

I would've included the loading if I remembered but I don't even have danmakufu on my computer anymore. The script is based off Azure's (all I did was make it not fixed width) and she had \ and / correspond to single and double quotes. Probably so that you didn't have to escape the " character in that weird way. If you need those characters, you can try adding them yourself, lol.

ExPorygon

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 07:52:36 AM »
I would've included the loading if I remembered but I don't even have danmakufu on my computer anymore. The script is based off Azure's (all I did was make it not fixed width) and she had \ and / correspond to single and double quotes. Probably so that you didn't have to escape the " character in that weird way.
Ah, that makes sense.

If you need those characters, you can try adding them yourself, lol.
I would, but I don't know what generated the text in the image, so I wouldn't be able to simply add characters unfortunately. Unless some one happens to know where I could.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:04:31 AM by Ozzy »

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 02:51:42 AM »
Huh, when I try installing it on my Windows 7 laptop, I get this error:

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 04:20:25 AM »
Huh, when I try installing it on my Windows 7 laptop, I get this error:

I search and found this, maybe this help.

1. Place the AppLocale installer (apploc.msi) in your C: drive.
2. Go to your start menu, type cmd in the search box.
3. Hold down crtl+shift and click on cmd.exe.
4. Select Yes when a dialog asks if you want the program to make chances to your computer.
5. The command prompt should show C:\Windows\System32.
6. Type cd\ and press enter to navigate to the C: drive.
7. Type apploc.msi and press enter, the installer will appear.
8. Install the application.
(source : http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/foreign-sro-discussions-questions/407422-csro-applocale-windows-7-useful.html)

Anyway I'm using win7 and didn't encounter that problem, so I hope that work.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

Matteo

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »
I was wondering, what should i write to shoot bullets in a spiral pattern?

Also, i have a problem:

SetShotDataA(1,1,3,dir,0.5,0,0,GREEN05);

SetShotDataA(3,1,3,dir,-0.5,0,0,GREEN05);

This creates a nice circular pattern that go fast out of the screen. But...why if i set "1" or "-1" instead of "0.5" or "-0.5" the bullets go in a circular pattern to the and of the screen...and then they come back to the boss??!

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
The value that makes them turn (angular velocity) is how many angles it will turn each frame. So when you write 0.5, it means it takes 360 frames = 6 seconds to turn around 180 degrees and head back the way it came, then another 360 frames to return to it's starting angle. If the angular velocity is 1 however, it will turn twice as fast  and head back for the boss after only 3 seconds. The reason the bullets with lower turn speed doesn't head back is because they manage to leave the screen before turning back, and since they are deleted off-screen they will never head back.