Author Topic: Ours  (Read 2839 times)

Wylfred

• The Black Knight.
  • The Eternally Bored Butler
Ours
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
I want to know the limits of my imagination. (AU / X-overs)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ours is a special thing. An intangible thing. But you know it was always there."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bashed my head against the tree as I shouted to myself.

"WHY ARE YOU SO GOD DAMN STUPID!"

I did so a few more times before I fell backwards. It's only been 4 months since I started working here yet I can't do anything right. I raised my hand to my face and touched my forehead. Yep it was bleeding. Was this some kind of cruel prank? Was there some unseen force working against me? No I thought and shook my head. I can't blame someone else for this. It was my own fault that I was inept. A short blue haired girl looked over me with a parasol. This was my employer. She smiled down at me under her parasol; It felt like I was some pathetic dog. She then said.

"Are you working hard Sui-Kun~?"

I lied to her.

"Yes Mistress."

I felt awful and disgusted with myself.  My name is Suigetsu Ishikawa and I work for the Scarlet Devil Mansion as a butler.  Out of the generosity of my mistress Remilia I'm allowed to live on a weekly ration. She extended her hand towards me gesturing for me to grab it.  After I got up I dusted myself off.  She then left to go back inside the mansion.  Lying to her left a bad taste in my mouth. So I decide to head to the Scarlet Devil Pantry to get something to wash it out with.  The water tasted funny as it slid down my throat. It was getting really late outside and I haven't even finished all my duties yet.  Just perfect; it'll be another long night tonight.

Just as I was walking out the door I bumped into my kouhai Suzuki Mitsumoto.  She is a bit clumsy and shy but she's dependable.  I could always rely on her to get a request done.  Suzuki rubbed her head and looked up at me.  I opened my mouth to ask her.

"Hey, Suzuki, do you have a moment to spare?"

Suzuki made an eeping noise before stuttering.

"Y-yes Sui-sempai?"

Talking to her was a pain for me. If only she could speak more clearly. I then said.

"Can you help me with a few of these chores?"

I handed her half of my list of chores that the head maid gave me. Suzuki looked over it once then smiled at you. She replied.

"Yes, of course I will Sui-sempai."

She then went off somewhere leaving me with the other half of the chore list to do. I sigh as I looked at the top of the list. At the top was help the maids organize the storeroom.  Just great, working with a bunch of giggling girls.  The Scarlet Devil Mansion is on a shortage of butlers. Currently there are only 3 butlers.  As you could already tell I was one of them.  The other one was my best friend Shun Yuuto.  Shun and my sister Kaori came with me to this world and both are my closest friends.  The last butler was a beautiful blue haired man wearing a blue celtic armor and holding a red spear.  That man served the mistress as a private butler leaving Shun and me to do all the man work by ourselves.  I had been walking for awhile lost in my own thought until I saw the storage room nearing my view.  The group of maids waved at me as I entered the storage room. I said.

"Alright, what do you need me to do girls?"

The girls all nodded at each other before Mizumi said.

"We need  you to carry these boxes over to that corner over there for us sempai."

Mizumi and Koizumi were twin maids that had helped me before.   The third maid I didn't recognize. She had short gray hair and a cheerful smile.  I nodded to the girls and picked up the first box full of stuff to the corner and placed it down.  Surprisingly it wasn't heavy at all. After a few more boxes and a couple of back cramps I finished organizing the rest of the boxes. I then sat down to give myself a rest.  The girls sat down with me and Koizumi nervously offered me a soda pop exclaiming.

"Here sempai! I got this for you!"

Soda pops were a luxury in the Scarlet Devil Mansion and was very hard to obtain in the human villages for us employees.  I smiled at her and said.

"Thanks Koizumi."

I took the soda pop bottle and sipped it.  The taste was bitter at first but then sweetened. As I was enjoying the bottle I noticed the gray haired girl in the corner of my eye.  She was fidgeting with her maid dress and I noticed that she was looking away from me. I offered a drink of the bottle to her.

"Are you thirsty? Here have a drink."

She immediately perked up at your offer and nodded her head. She replied.

"Thanks mister!"

She looked cute drinking the bottle in the waterfall manner. I decided to ask her name.

"So whats your name?"

She handed the bottle back to me and said.

"Name... Name...Let's see... I think miss Patchouli said my name was Naomi Mainyu."

After putting on the cap to the pop bottle I stuffed it inside my butler suit.  The maids and I then got up and left the storage room.  Koizumi and Mizumi waved me goodbye as they left to go to the dormitory section.  Naomi walked towards the direction of Voila, the Scarlet Devil Library.  I looked at my list to see what I have to do next.  Fix the boiler room; this was going to be a pain I thought.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Re: Ours
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »
Interesting. Looks like we have ourselves a story that focuses on the 'mooks' rather than the top players of Touhou (at least that's what I'm getting from the intro). Gonna sit tight and watch to see where this goes.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Wylfred

• The Black Knight.
  • The Eternally Bored Butler
Re: Ours
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »
Shits getting serious.

"It was laughing with us at how simple our lives were."

The Scarlet Devil Mansion's boiler room uses an outside technique called radiant heating but on a larger scale.  In the basement there is a control room full of maids who oversees that it is working.  It's not the best system in the world but it does a great job heating the mansion during the winter.  When a problem arises either me or shun is called upon to fix it. It could be a loose pipe or anything of that sort.  After awhile of walking I finally reach the basement door.  As I descended down the dark stairs I came across a large door.  I opened the door and went inside to see a group of maids shifting around going from computer screen to computer screen.  One of the maids came up to me and said.

"Head to sector E to find out whats there.  Something is slowing down the water flow. We need you to find out what is there."

I nodded at her. It was probably some loose bolts or something. I opened the closet and grabbed the safety suit. I then opened a hatch on the floor and descended down the ladder.  Sector E was really far away. I sigh to myself as I got off the ladder.  Turning on my helmet flashlight I saw in front of me an intricate labyrinth of pipes and wires.  I started down the path and took a right.  There was another set of turns and twists.  After navigating my way through this hellhole I finally entered Sector E.  Now all I need to do is go straight and take a left.  As I turned the corner I saw something I had not expect.  Jutted inside a large pipe on the wall was a blue sword.  It pulsated with energy and it seemed to be calling out to me.  I walked closer to it and pulled it out.  I then closed up the hole that the sword left.  My hand felt like it was overflowing with energy when I touched it.  I then heard a familiar voice from my headset.

"Get out of there Suigetsu! There is something approaching you really fast!"

I didn't get to hear the rest of the message as something slammed into my rib cage sending me to a wall.  I turned to see who was my attacker.  It was a huge pile of sludge with a heart in the middle.  Just perfect I thought to myself.  I put the sword to my side and tried to leap above the thing. I made it to the other side but it caught on to my left leg.  I struggled to get it off of me until a voice in my head said.

"This is ours to share."

Suddenly the sword glowed twice as bright. I grabbed it with my left hand and slashed at the giant enemy sludge.  It ate away at where I had slashed the monster.  I got up and stabbed at it's heart.  It slowly crumbled to the floor like ash in the wind.  I stared at the sword for a bit until I heard the headset speak again.

"Are you alright sempai?"

I adjusted my microphone before saying.

"Yea... Just fine. Something was just stuck in one of the pipe was all."

The voice in the headset replied.

"That's a relief. Come up to the main control room when your finished."

I sighed to myself. Better get back up I guess. Weaving my way through the maze again I reached the ladder in which I used to climb down.  I made sure that I concealed the sword in my butler suit before I went up.  I climbed the ladder and opened the hatch at the top.  All the maids were around me in a circle as I got off the ladder.  Instantly I recognized my sister in the middle of them.  They all said thank you as I went to the closet to get the suit off.  My sister Kaori then said with a worried face.

"Are you really okay...? Your bleeding from your left side."

I looked down at my left side to see it covered with blood.  It must have happened when I got slammed in the side by that thing. I replied.

"Yea. I just feel down trying to get the object out of the pipe."

Her face eased up and I mentally sigh.  I was even more tired then usual.  I walked up the flight of stairs and my sister and a handful of maids came with me.  They all went to do their own thing and I decided that I was too tired to finish the rest of the list.  I headed towards the dormitory along with my sister.  As we were walking together she said.

"What was that thing down there?"

I replied in a nonchalant manner.

"It was nothing at all. Your radar must have glitched."

She pouted and said.

"I hate it when you lie to me you know. Fine I won't ask you anymore."

My sister and I reached our room and I collapse on the bed.  I shared a room with my sister in this mansion.  She told me to lay down as she got out the med kit. After she was done treating the wound she got up.  She then said after grabbing something off the shelf of our closet.

"I still have tasks to do so I won't be coming back till later okay?"

I waved her off and she left. I then took the sword out of my suit as I undressed into my pajamas.  It wasn't glowing anymore but it still held it's shine.  I stared at it a little while longer before putting it away. I lay there and let the sweet bliss of sleep take me.

"There is an old tale of time."