Author Topic: Mokou Quest 2: Sinnoh Edition  (Read 286708 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: Mokou Quest 2: Sinnoh Edition
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »
>Ow.
>"Don't ask stupid questions. We're going back to the Pokemon Center."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
>Ow.
>"Don't ask stupid questions. We're going back to the Pokemon Center."

> "I thought I was in the pokemon center..." Cirno says.

> You lead the way, flying low over the water. Cirno herself is walking on it. More precisely, she's forming ice underneath herself with every step and walking on that, but the effect is still dramatic. You soon reach land, and soon after you reach the pokemon center.

> It is now 11:00 PM. You consider going to bed.

>_

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2012, 08:05:21 PM »
>Get to bed. Nothing much to do.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2012, 08:46:56 PM »
>Get to bed. Nothing much to do.

> You find a room and go to bed.

> It is now 7:00 am. You get up and enter the pokemon center main lobby. You see Keine reading a book on one of the couches, though it appears Cirno is still asleep. The nurse spots you and lets you know your Fearow and Charmeleon are fully healed, and are being safely stored on the PC.

> There is a gym in town, and by the docks you can buy a ticket to Iron Island. According to your new map, south is Lake Verity and Twinleaf town. West is Jubilife City.

>_

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:32 AM »
Let's walk over and nudge Keine to distract her from her book. Once she's distracted, greet her with a "Good morning" and a smile.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2012, 12:35:01 AM »
> Ah, while we're at it, let's get Lighter from the PC.
> Current party.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »
Let's walk over and nudge Keine to distract her from her book. Once she's distracted, greet her with a "Good morning" and a smile.

> "Oh? Oh! Good morning Mokou!"

> Ah, while we're at it, let's get Lighter from the PC.
> Current party.

> You walk over to the PC. Your current party is Magikarp, Kingler, Haunter, Scyther, Beedrill, and Ponyta. What would you like to place in the PC in exchange for your Charmeleon, Lighter?

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 02:33:06 AM »
>Ponyta.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 02:59:24 AM »
>Ponyta.

> Your new party contains the following:

> Magikarp
> Kingler
> Haunter
> Scyther
> Beedrill
> Charmeleon

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2012, 03:28:39 AM »
> You are satisfied with your party selection. Do you still wish to go to Iron Island, or are you interested in some other location?

> You are aware that if you have a pokemon you are interested in, you can use your pokedex to locate it on the map. You can also look up all pokemon of a given type that live in any given region, as well as the exact route or landmark within the region said pokemon are most frequently located.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2012, 11:21:48 AM »
> I'm all for heading to Iron Island.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
> I'm all for heading to Iron Island.

> You decide to head for Iron Island.

> You return to the docks with Cirno and Keine in tow. You note that the damage Cirno did last night has melted away, though there are a lot of puddles around town. You then find a ferry to Iron Island, and walk up to the ticket booth.

> "Round trip tickets to Iron Island cost 2000 P. Would you like to purchase a ticket?" The receptionist asks. You glance at Cirno and Keine, both of them nod. You figure that means neither of them have a problem with that sum.

>_

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »
>"We'll be going. Tickets for the three of us."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2012, 04:17:43 PM »
>"We'll be going. Tickets for the three of us."

> "Right away, ma'am." She says, handing you 3 tickets. After you divide them up, you have 20,600 p.

> You board the ferry, and it leaves within 15 minutes. According to your ticket, the estimated arrival time is in one hour. Keine is reading an ancient history book on a bench on the front desk, and Cirno is taking this opportunity to get some fishing in. She's also talking non-stop to Keine about something, to which Keine sluggishly nods her head once in a while. You don't think Keine is really listening.

> At this time, you can fish, explore the boat, or take a quick nap. You may also speak with your companions.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
>Explore the boat.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
>Before that!

>"Hey. Does any one of the books say anything about legendary pokemon?"

>If she asks why, tell her we encountered and attempted to catch one.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »
>Explore the boat.

> You consider exploring the boat.

>Before that!

> But first, you would like to ask Keine about a couple legends.

>"Hey. Does any one of the books say anything about legendary pokemon?"

> "Quite a few of them actually," she says, taking out a book. "Ancient Sinnoh Lore attributes the creation of Sinnoh to Dialga and Palkia, pokemon of time and space. Aparently they were brought under control by Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf. I'm not sure how much weight can be put into these accounts, but at the same time I can't discredit them either. The legends were originally treated as scientific fact."

>If she asks why, tell her we encountered and attempted to catch one.

> "Which one?"

> "Entei," you say.

> "Ah," Keine continues. "One of the three legendary dogs; the whole trio is Raikou, Suicune, and Entei. Some trainers go their whole lives without seeing one, while trainers the dogs recognize for some reason, may bump into them more often. There's more than one of each and all three are confirmed to exist. You're pretty lucky to meet one, but I do partially attribute the encounter to it recognizing your inherent strength."

> "The pokemon is most commonly found in Johto with no fixed habitat, although you can find all three just about anywhere with a little luck. Traveling over land helps; they don't like caves much, and while Suicune can be found on the water the other two usually remain land-locked for obvious reasons."

>_
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:23:38 PM by capt. h »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2012, 02:50:04 PM »
>Explore the boat.

> You explore the boat. The front deck has a good view, and the weather is clear enough today that you can see an island off in the distance. Behind the front deck is an indoor area small shop that sells magazines and snack food. Behind that is the back deck, from where you can see Canalave in the distance. The captain is in a small apartment above the ship, and there's a cargo hold on the level below you, which can be used to carry vehicles and other large euipment.

> You finish exploring, and hear the announcement "Now arrived at Iron Island."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2012, 03:31:29 PM »
> Find Keine and disembark.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
>Remember earlier about Giratina,
>And take note of it.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
> Find Keine and disembark.

> You disembark with Keine. Cirno follows along with some starfish that must have gotten snagged on her line.

> You find yourself at a mine dug into a rocky island. The island is basically a big rock, there's a small path up the rock where you suspect you could get a pretty good view of Sinnoh's mainland. The mine itself seems somewhat abandoned in the sense that no one there is actually working, but it's tough to call something so many people visit abandoned. The point is, nobody here is digging for ore. The entrance to the mine is large and well-lit.

>Remember earlier about Giratina,
>And take note of it.

> You take note of what Keine told you about Giratina:

> "In legend, Giratina is an incredibly destructive creature Palkia and Dialga themselves banished from this plane of existence. It can supposedly travel between worlds, and it is said that it watches over this world from it's own. But I have absolutely no idea how to find the thing, if that's what you're asking."

> You store the information in your phone's day planner.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2012, 05:13:08 PM »
> Onwards!  Let's find us some awesome steel types.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2012, 11:43:02 PM »
> Onwards!  Let's find us some awesome steel types.

> You enter the mine.

> The entrance is fairly well lit, you guess someone is still paying for some of the electricity, but as you go deeper you find that you can barely see your hand in front of your face. While Cirno tripping over rocks is funny, it's not so enjoyable when you or Keine stumble, so you decide you need to light a fire. You summon a flame to your hand, and spot a pokemon you don't recognize.

> "Well, that's cute." Keine says. Personally, you aren't a fan of the second mouth. The schoolteacher has already sent out her turtwig, you consider your options: you can either catch the creature yourself, or let Keine have it.

>_

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »
>Let her have it. Don't see much in this one.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2012, 12:01:41 AM »
>Let her have it. Don't see much in this one.

> You let Keine catch it. As you watch, you notice that her battling style is somewhat simple, having her turtwig charge the creature over and over regardless of its responses. After five minutes and 4 pokeballs, she manages to capture the thing. Though her turtwig isn't looking so hot.

> "Come on out, Mawile!" Keine commands, releasing the new pokemon. "How about showing us around?" she asks. The Mawile nods once, and leads your group deeper and deeper into the mine.

> A good half hour later, you find another pokemon in the mine.

> This one shows a strong interest in fighting.

> You can currently fight with the following pokemon, or you can use your own abilities:

> Beedrill
> Charmeleon
> Scyther
> Magikarp
> Kingler
> Haunter

> You also consider letting Cirno handle it. She is the bait, after all.

>_

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2012, 12:28:54 AM »
>Let us fight it with our pokemon! This seems to be a bigger catch.

>Send Lighter out.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2012, 04:50:34 AM »
>Let us fight it with our pokemon! This seems to be a bigger catch.

>Send Lighter out.

> You send Lighter out. The dog-thing responds by taking a fighting stance.

> Cirno takes out her pokedex and begins reciting lines. "Lucario, the Aura Pokemon. By catching the Aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements."

> You know for a fact Lighter has the following attacks it can use:

> Ember
> Flamethrower
> Scratch (Although this has received a significant boost)

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2012, 02:38:23 PM »
> "Lighter!  Go for a Flamethrower and counter with Scratch if it attacks up close!"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
> "Lighter!  Go for a Flamethrower and counter with Scratch if it attacks up close!"

> You note that the lucario took two steps back upon hearing your commands. Charmeleon grunts in approval, and unleashes a stream of fire at the pokemon. The Lucario dodges extremely well, taking minimal damage from the stream of flame while charging up some kind of ball of blue light.

> "Be careful," Cirno explains. "That's aura sphere. It won't miss. That Lucario will read Charmeleon's aura to figure out where your pokemon's going to be. It does the same thing to dodge attacks."

> You consider your options:

> Flamethrower, aimed - a fairly focused attack that does heavy damage if it hits.
> Flamethrower, blanket field - covers the whole area in front of Lighter with flames.

> Retreat backwards
> Charge forwards
> stand ground
> strafe left/right

> Other

> The environment is fairly cramped. There isn't much room for either you or the jackal-thing to maneuver except forwards and backwards. The only light currently provided is Lighter's, although you can create a light source yourself.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »
>Blanket field approach.