Author Topic: Minecraft Server! (IMPORTANT POLL VOTE NOW)  (Read 166024 times)

pineyappled

Re: Minecraft Server!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 04:35:50 AM »
Guys
I found coal
finally
and iron
and I was building a wall
then
SKELETON
NO SWORD
I HATE MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 04:41:47 AM »
Guys, if you see a giant ice lake with a weird cobblestone pattern, do not mess with it. At all. Also, I'll pay you if you help me clear out the mountains in the area. Just contact me before you do anything.

PX/Jquan

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
Protip: Ask DDR you use a bnoid command or whatever it was. You know, clears everything within two set points?
that or TNT. or burning
burning everything

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
In response, I ask for a refresh on the server, it's lagging like hell.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 03:48:50 AM »
Trying to get LWC protection to work, but I can't get it to work for the regular players on my server. Here is what my groups.txt looks like:

#Add your groups here (When adding your entry DO NOT include #!)
#The format is:
#NAME:COLOR:COMMANDS:INHERITEDGROUPS:ADMIN/UNRESTRICTED
#For administrative powers set admin/unrestricted to 2.
#For no restrictions and ability to give out items set it to 1.
#If you don't want the group to be able to build set it to -1.
#Inherited groups and admin/unrestricted are optional.
#Examples:
admins:c:*:mods:2
mods:b:/ban,/kick,/item,/tp,/tphere,/s,/i,/give:vip:1
vip:a::default
default:f:/help,/sethome,/home,/spawn,/me,/msg,/kit,/playerlist,/warp,/motd,/compass,/tell,/m,/who:default,/lwc,/lwc c,/lwc c private/,/lwc c password

Eraiya

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2011, 03:53:06 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3g59o66gr5gn50

This should have everything you need to know. Enjoy!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 03:56:41 AM »
The only thing that you really may need is some sort of Mob Control. I cant tell you HOW many times I've been killed by creepers, and if not that with less then a heart left. And the fact they've always been fucking up my crops everytime I come to check on them (at least the important ones).

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2011, 04:02:29 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3g59o66gr5gn50

This should have everything you need to know. Enjoy!
I'll try to get this stuff set when I have time and the server has some downtime.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 04:08:15 AM »
Also I forgot to mention in my first post due to be obessed with MiLLeY dancing, What are you using to host? As it's also quite annoying to kill mobs and such. I dont wanna seem like a whiney bitch, and I love the server, But there shouldn't EVER be so much lag where I see a pig in one spot and its two blocks away when I'm the only person online. And I know its not my net, As I've got pretty good net.

Eraiya

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 04:09:15 AM »
Kips - Ahh, but that's more player error than everything else. Deaths caused by hostile enemies can be avoided by being more cautious, a better fighter, well-prepared or all three. Most of the plugins recommended in essentials.txt are for keeping the server safe from griefers, thieves and players who mean well, but are prone to accidents which could be harmful for others, like accidentally setting someone's home or an entire forest on fire. One thing you might like is how one of the most highly recommended plugins in it- WorldGuard- gives the server owner the ability to disable creeper terrain damage, among other things. As for friendly mobs spawning near, then trampling your crops, get rid of any grass blocks nearby. They'll spawn on grass, but not dirt or tilled soil.

DDR - Sounds great! I look forward to seeing what this server becomes in the future!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 04:11:46 AM »
Read the problem I just posted first. It's kinda hard to kill a creeper when they either
a. are too laggy to hit
b. theres a hole in the ground but they're still "there"
c. Just plain sneaking up on me.
also yeah I already know most of this but still it's not the fact of terrain damage its the fact I keep getting smacked around like a tennis ball by creepers. I have horrible luck.

pineyappled

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 04:14:18 AM »
Yeah, it takes nearly a minute after you right-click a chest or furnace for the chest or furnace screen to show up.

Also, I'm pretty sure my iron got stolen.

Eraiya

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 04:18:39 AM »
All of which can be solved by being more cautious- placing more torches in areas you plan on being to prevent creeper encounters from ever happening, or just keeping a more watchful eye out for 'em to avoid 'em when they do come around- being a better fighter- self-explanatory, but not something you can instantly change on a whim, I understand- or being well-prepared- for example, while wearing a brand new set of iron armor, two creepers could explode a single block away from you at the exact same time and I guarantee that not only would you survive, you'd still have MORE than half your health left, if not 8.5+ hearts. Aaand on that note, what's your in-game name so that I can donate enough iron to you for a full set of armor?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 04:22:48 AM »
No need to donate iron if you dont want to. But you do know whats right behind my house I cant seem to move out of right?

A giant treehouse. Aka a creeper farm. They somehow see me like 40 blocks away at least and book it towards me with no hesitation and DEAD. I can try to avoid the problem as much as I can, but if I need to i'll ask for iron if that's fine.

a final thing I want to say is that jesus christ this server has an ungodly amount of gold like right under my house. It's scary.

pineyappled

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2011, 04:26:19 AM »
There's also a shitload of iron everywhere.
Also, sorry, Kips. Every time it turns night I have to run to your house. :P
I'll leave something in a chest for you sometime because I feel bad...

Eraiya

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 04:27:02 AM »
Oh, then don't mind- I DO want to! :3 It's the whole reason I took the time to mine so much in the first place! I have nothing to do with all of it but give it away. Who are you so I can give you some? As for creepers doing that, yeah~, that's annoying. Not just that, but... Well, use an x-ray texture pack. Look at a spider ten blocks away through ten blocks, all completely solid. That spider won't just look back at you, it'll come running directly at you and come to a stop/come to a stop and start spinning in place when it gets as close as it possibly can to you. It'll know where you are no matter what's between you and it. I really dislike that.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 04:29:22 AM »
I've been wanting to get an x-ray texture pack, and recommendations?

And moo, You dont have to give anything. If you really want, Take some of what you think may not be important to me, and make a sign saying what you took afterwords if possible. I've got more bookshelves then what I know what to do with, as I only really truly need 2 stacks.

pineyappled

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 04:33:54 AM »
Oh, right. Do Minecraft texture packs support semi-transparency? I like to see where I'm going, and the x-ray packs are kinda confusing.

Eraiya

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 04:40:37 AM »
Ohhh yes. There's definitely one I could recommend... :3
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=171726

Moo - Unfortunately, no. ;_; I tried experimenting with it. Had 0 success. Now, it DOES support semi-transparency for SOME things- like pumpkinblur.png, which I've changed around to support night vision pumpkin helmets in most of my packs- but for almost everything else, semi-transparency doesn't work at all. For example, with terrain.png, at an alpha curve of 26 and above everything's 100% solid. At 25 and below everything's 100% invisible.

Edit - The delay can now be measured in minutes, not just seconds. I'll probably be back on tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:19:43 AM by Eraiya »

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 02:43:27 PM »
For those wondering about the massive delay, it's because I was uploading to Youtube. I am a Let's Player after all.

I could totally get a dedicated server as I could pay for it no problem, but we need more regular players first.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 05:16:14 PM »
I've seen quite a few people on. There's PX, Eraiya, And I can easily get a few friends to join on in. The only problem is not everyone is always on at the same time, but I have seen quite a few different people.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 05:36:16 PM »
I cannot get LWC or Big Brother to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQh0Rd8udxA
Video contains what it says when I try to run the server.
Server will remain down until they are working.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 08:17:40 PM »

Well hopefully ya get it working soon!  Cuz i wanna join you guiz  :V I just got the game so pardon me for any dum mistakes.
2lazy2createbettersig

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
This is just what i was looking for! My mc nick is tomhoffman

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 05:33:55 AM »
Hey, anybody want to help with my monster trap/farm? Somebody was nice enough to calculate it on youtube, and here's the results.

"hey for everyone planning on building this, here's some numbers for you, in order to build everything(except the canals) it will take 27733 blocks of cobblestone, that includes the tiles as well. plus add a thousand or two for the inner paths and such, ive m ade mine in about 1 week, so be ready to spend time unless you use McEdit"

"27733"

Yeah, I need cobblestone. LOTS of cobblestone. :colonveeplusalpha:

Anybody have 433 stacks of cobblestone? I've used up about 50 stacks already.

Eraiya

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 07:10:39 AM »
Wouldn't it be easier to dig the shape of the mob trap into the ground, instead of digging out 28-30k blocks from the ground, then placing them back down in the environment in a different shape? Also, I once mined out 32k blocks to clear a large hill for a silly project. Minus the four hours spent collecting some 1,100 yellow flowers, it took fourteen hours over the course of two days to clear that area using iron picks and shovels the whole way.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 07:14:48 AM »
The only thing that you really may need is some sort of Mob Control. I cant tell you HOW many times I've been killed by creepers, and if not that with less then a heart left. And the fact they've always been fucking up my crops everytime I come to check on them (at least the important ones).
*whistles*

Eraiya

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »

In the video, it looks like you're using an ancient version of minecraft_server.exe from early-mid Alpha, but that line "Starting minecraft server version beta 1.5_02" begs to differ... Hmm. The first problem seems to start with LWC at "Could not load 'pluginsLWC.jar' in folder 'plugins':" Bukkit and Permissions both seem to be working fine, but then BigBrother doesn't seem to be working... At all. On the bright side, WorldEdit and WorldGuard seem to be working flawlessly, though you need to configure WorldGuard's specifics to protect the server. With the way you had it set up in the video, it works, but.. It's not set to do anything that'll actually protect the server, aside from single sessions being enforced, so you should definitely mess around with its configuration when you have some free time.

Working: Bukkit and its sub-plugins, Permissions, WorldEdit, WorldGuard
Not Working: LWC, BigBrother

LWC - Make sure that pluginsLWC.jar is in your "plugins" folder AND spelled exactly like that. It may be case-sensitive; assume it is.
BigBrother - It seems to be trying to find a bunch of information it needs to run properly by searching through websites where that information is supposed to be hosted. The only advice I could offer for getting this one to work would be to wait for a newer build to come out, or seeing if a newer one's out now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:35:19 AM by Eraiya »

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »
I have LWC.jar but not pluginsLWC.jar

I can't find any info about this on Google. Could you tell me what you mean please?

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 04:22:02 AM »
2lazy2createbettersig