Author Topic: Your favourite Non-Touhou games  (Read 8644 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Re: Your favourite Non-Touhou games
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
Elsword is, by far and large, the game I've dedicated myself the most to, which is actually saying a lot considering I played this game for 6 years and the second closest to that is...

Persona 3 FES, the game that marked my early teenagehood, I spent two years on several different files on this baby, I did The Answer twice and clocked at over 2200 gameplay hours on The Journey before my Playstation 2 died, if it hadn't, I can swear to you that I would still be playing it to this day.

Kingdom Hearts II, for as much hate as this one entry in the series gets, it is my favorite, also the only game I've had an interest in hacking and cheat codes (Action Replay, mostly) to make things funner (like fighting 3 sephiroths at once, oh god). I also spent nearly four years looking for the Final Mix version, thankfully I got it, and you can bet your ass I did not stop playing it until I was done.

These are my favorite games of all time, essentially, not much to see here :derp:

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
Star Ocean: Second Evolution is arguably my favourite game of all time. I thought the characters were likeable, I loved the battle system, I enjoyed the plot and overall, I think it's a great game even when I play it today.

Wizardry V: Heart of The Maelstrom is a pretty obscure pick for a favourite game I'd say but I absolutely love this game. It's so simple but there's something about it that always brings me back. Perhaps it's the atmosphere, the difficulty or how I love these type of dungeon crawling games.

Phantom 2040 reminds me of Super Metroid even though it focuses more on the plot than exploring and backtracking. This has been my favourite SNES game for over 15 years and I still never get tired of it.

Galaxy Angel is for the most part, a game that could be considered a "dating sim" but it goes much beyond that. While there's indeed decision points to make it so you hook up with a character, the story in my opinion is pretty interesting and good enough to keep me engaged all the way from the start to the ending. I felt the characters were surprisingly easy to like and that the strategic fighting segments were pretty fun.

Super Aleste is arguably still my favourite shoot em' up to this day. There's so many type of weapons, the gameplay is so fun and simple, I love the soundtrack and I appreciate the fact that it's a pretty long game.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

98digger

• The Master of 9801
  • What? Windows? What's that?
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 02:49:20 AM »
I've played a lot of video games, and I can say that even then, it is still hard for me to choose favorites. But, here I go:

Pok?mon Probably one of the more oblivious choices in the list, but I can say that few games have held my attention as long as Pok?mon. I've played through almost all of the games up until Black and White.

Super Mario Land 2 Much to my embarrassment, I have never beat a Mario game before :blush:-except Mario Land 2. I has some of the most fluent controls and advanced graphics out of all the 8-bit Mario titles. I have beat it many times, and I have to say-to me, it is a perfect game.

Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril Although I have only played it for a few months, I already consider it a classic. It has a great soundtrack, and legitimate difficulty. Plus, the game's creator is a fellow Touhou fan.

Mother 1 After finding a converter in a Gyromite cart, I was able to play Mother 1 for the first time two years ago. All I can say is that it is a "masterpiece". It is VERY similar in battle and over-world mechanics to Pok?mon, which is another added bonus.

Spectrobes Most people probably have no idea that it exists, but Spectrobes, developed by Jupiter, is nevertheless a great game. It has a sequel, but I always have thought of the first game as the high point for the series.

Mega Man II Yes, I just started playing Mega Man :blush:, but I can already say that this particular game is great. I really enjoy MM2 's music (Dr Wily Stage 1 :V), and the gameplay is very good.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head now. If I think of any more, I will be sure to post! :D

^Notice: I'm bad at writing replies :)    Also: Check out my personal site here: https://themasterof9801.neocities.org/

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 03:02:09 AM »
I got a fair list:

- The Pokemon Series: Despite how much I hate the 'Genwunners' I myself have been with the franchise since... well... Gen 1. Except I'm not an obnoxious nostalgia person. I'm a Nuzlocker for a reason.

- Grand Chase: I've been playing this on and off for what has to be approaching 6 years now. I know I was around looong before 2010. I think that was mid 2009. Weirdly enough, I'm old enough to be considered one of the 'Old Guard' by the few people still playing since that time, but I'm mostly ignored at the same time because I don't PvP because British Lag American Server [And the servers for PvP are pretty bad anyway and PVP is imbalanced as hell]. Instead I dungeon and farm cool items all the time and solo dungeons with weaker characters that others tend to group as 4 with the best dungeoners in the game for :V. I be pro PvE.

- Team Fortress 2: Since F2P, although I had an interest before I didn't have the wallet. F2P came like, 2 months before I got money. So I gave TF2 the money I WOULD have given it.

- Leauge of Legends: Yeeeah.

- Faster Than Light: This is strangely addictive for such a simple concept.

- Diablo 2: Blame Pesco for getting me into this.

- BLOOD BOWL - I'm part of the biggest organized league in Europe, and despite being a relative newcomer, I'm already proving popular among people. I even earned a bit of a reputation for my switching races and therefor being placed in the lowest division every time as 'The Final Boss of Tier 7'. [Of course now I've found the race I want to play a lot more and I've out of T7]. I'm currently playing the equal 3rd least played race in the League, but I love em.#

Note I am a horribly unlucky person and therefor I roll so many 1's it's hilarious. That's the other thing I've quickly become infamous for.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:08:00 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »
- The Pokemon Series: Despite how much I hate the 'Genwunners'...
I challenge you to find a Pokemon fan that does not hate Genwunners.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »
- StarCraft II
- Insurgency
- Deus Ex (best singleplayer games ever)

I really dislike competitive team games like LoL, Dota and CS, mostly because I have noone to play with and soloque is horrible in every one of those.
I have over 900 hours in Dota and I've played with a team in the past but now I'm all by myself and it's really annoying to have 4 russians on your team picking all carries and shouting in the mic about how everyone in their team is noob and cyka blyat idi nahui etc.

/rage

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 07:16:25 AM »
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Persona 3/Persona 4

Fire Emblem:shadow dragon

Ace Attorney

Danganronpa

and pokemon of course hehe
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 06:30:26 AM »
Fire Emblem
Atelier
Shovel Knight
TvC
SSB
Kirby Super Star Ultra
DKC
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Dragon's Crown
MegaMan Battle Network

Pretty much all I can think of.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »
Mushihimesama Futari, Mario Kart 8, Mushihimesama

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong~
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 09:30:41 PM »
Grand Chase:
and PVP is imbalanced as hell
THIS. Pve > PvP. And even that was ruined...

Dragon Warrior Monsters - Favorite game of all time, idk why. Spent hundreds (?) of hours grinding, collecting, and breeding. Managed to get all the monsters, and a perfect team. Still go back to it once in a while. Never gets boring.

FF VI - This is the best because Kefka.

Ragnarok Online - was the greatest MMO (imo) for a long time, but then Renewal happened. Sticking to low-rate Private Servers now. Looking forward to Tree of Savior.

Starcraft Broodwars, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - The 2 games that introduced me to RTS, and eventually e-sports. I only wish I had found them when the scene was still active.

Diablo 2 + LOD - D3 DOES NOT EXIST

Normal 1ccs - EOSD, PCB, SA
Extra 1ccs - PCB