Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 残暑 ~ GENIUS OF SAPPHEIROS ~LINGERING SUMMER HEAT~ (release at C79!)  (Read 24629 times)

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
...I have no idea what you're telling me...

There's a gimmicky boss battle on Youkai Mountain.  One character will use a cold spell that will inflict the freeze status effect on your entire party (hmmm, I wonder who that could be...), and the other will follow up with an attack that will crit the faces of anyone who was frozen.  Blocking the freeze effect (like with Reimu's status barrier) is obviously a good idea :3
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
There's a gimmicky boss battle on Youkai Mountain.  One character will use a cold spell that will inflict the freeze status effect on your entire party (hmmm, I wonder who that could be...), and the other will follow up with an attack that will crit the faces of anyone who was frozen.  Blocking the freeze effect (like with Reimu's status barrier) is obviously a good idea :3
This just in...I'm an idiot.  I never thought to use Reimu's status barrier spell at all to get past that  :derp:.

Now then, got through stage 13 this morning.  Managed to figure out weaknesses on the enemies rather quickly (Those electric birds and their lightning breath = Ow).

Boss fight went very well.  My only concern was the boss throwing out another 1-2 punch (Attack that can shock the entire party, then a follow up attack that will insta kill shocked people) when Reimu's status barrier spell was on cooldown.  Sakuya and Youmu put up the usual damage assault here with buffs from Byakuren and Sanae.  Nobody died during the fight which is a plus.

Stage 14 so far...MORE FRIGGIN KRAKEN MAGES!  They weren't cool in stage 5 and they sure as heck aren't cool now.  Thank god I have Aya as commander so I can fire off her 3 bomb support spell anytime those jerks show their faces and knock them out with everyone.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*

That's just it. Even if I did try it, it'd take a while before I understand hat each attack is and what it does.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Stage 14 boss...total jerk.    Party wide earth attack that owns hardcore unless you either fire up Reimu's barrier that can block one of the four basic elements (Or all of them with enough points into her Barrier skill tree) or shift the land heavily in favor of lightning.  Some attacks that seem to ignore shields, but I can usually survive those after my buffs are up.

The real jerk move?  Oh hai field effect that heals a little over 5k HP to the boss per turn.  Not cool game, not cool.  Even more not cool when I dispel it with a random field effect of my own...only for you to freaking put it back up the same turn or the next turn.

After a bunch of fails (More from getting owned by that party-wide earth attack than anything else though), the boss freaking uses the 5k HP regen field effect on the 2nd damned turn of the battle.  If the boss is gonna be a jerk like that, I'll just be a jerk right back and have Sakuya use Private Square.

...Of course, I noticed Sakuya had a Last Word available on the first Private Square turn and used it right away.  Sakuya then basically owned the boss hardcore.  2k per hit from FMR?  Yup.  The boss went down hard thanks to that.

Stage 15...first half was fine, second half...I've run into two enemies that are...shall we say, very very naughty?  Both basically have to be killed via physicals cause magic attacks do jack squat to them.

Should hopefully finish up the rest of stage 15 before I get off the comp today.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I wanna get back into this game but I'm enjoying my PS3 too much currently due to replacing my non-HD crummy TV that was so small I literally could not read much of the text in my games without plastering my face to the screen (ps3 games seem to assume your TV is like 40 inches big!), along with the fact that I'm at Entei (I forget the level, 8-11 I think), and I have to split my party in half. I'm too lazy to teach satori enemy attacks, so I'm using her as a support character and just forgetting about it (she sucks as a support character too! doh, oh well at least that doesn't hurt so much).

However, can I keep doing that forever? Or will I must use her as a legitimate character at some point eventually? Trance said you use everyone for the final boss, but does that mean no support characters? Or can I still cheat the system like that?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
I wanna get back into this game but I'm enjoying my PS3 too much currently due to replacing my non-HD crummy TV that was so small I literally could not read much of the text in my games without plastering my face to the screen (ps3 games seem to assume your TV is like 40 inches big!), along with the fact that I'm at Entei (I forget the level, 8-11 I think), and I have to split my party in half. I'm too lazy to teach satori enemy attacks, so I'm using her as a support character and just forgetting about it (she sucks as a support character too! doh, oh well at least that doesn't hurt so much).

However, can I keep doing that forever? Or will I must use her as a legitimate character at some point eventually? Trance said you use everyone for the final boss, but does that mean no support characters? Or can I still cheat the system like that?
I was able to make use of her in ch9 having her throw out her poison spell she has.  Not hard at all to make it do ~300-350 dmg at the end of each turn if it connects and she has a decent IND stat.  Even better if you buff her IND via Byakuren.

You might want to consider using her enough to get her to lv30, then going to stage 8 and getting her the Petro Breath skill from the Cockatrices there.  That skill can be quite the lifesaver going into stage 10 since there are several enemies there that are rather annoying.  Petrifying them makes them harmless for the remainder of the fight.

She also has learnable stuff like Leaf Shield and Starlight Barrier, but those require her to be at a fairly high level in order to be able to learn those skills off of whatever enemy has them.  Leaf Shield I think is lv40 minimum, Starlight Barrier lv50, but don't quote me on that.

As for the final battle, I believe you are able to have a second party available that you can switch in at anytime you wish, but can only be done once (meaning you can't switch back to your other team for whatever reason once you've done that).  Should be able to have support characters in any case.

As for me, I finished up stage 15 earlier this afternoon.  The boss was taken down on my first serious attempt after using my first attempt merely to see what it could dish out and how I'd need to prepare.

To be honest, I found it easier than the stage 14 boss.  It's breath attacks are telegraphed a turn in advance when it charges up.  Easily countered with Reimu's breath repelling barrier spell.  The majority of its other attacks it did were largely reduced in damage thanks to Alice's Marionette Pariel spell.

That just left the matter of dealing damage.  This boss has a boatload and extras worth of defenses.  It took a good minute or two of waiting to buff up my Sakuya and Youmu both with Light Elemental on their weps, Weapon Bless, and Byakuren's skill she gets with 25 points in her unique weapon tree for an extra stat boost before I saw decent damage.

I almost lost it at the end because I thought the boss was gonna have some kind of super attack at low HP, hence why I had Alice use Little Legion at that point instead of more Marionette Pariel spam.  She got owned by a tsunami attack which had me breathing easy for a bit...then proceeds to nuke Youmu in one hit.  I managed to pull it out in the end though which is all that matters.

Stage 16 I might get a bit of a head start on tonight.  I'd like to hit stage 18, the next party split stage, as soon as possible so I can begin grinding up everyone to an acceptable level.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
So I decided to put Disgaea down for a bit to see if I can't manage playing this game again, only to remember I left it patched up to ver. 1.01. And according to the patch site...there's no ver 1.03. I remember that you needed to manually download each version and patch it like that, or can I just download 1.07 and patch directly?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
She also has learnable stuff like Leaf Shield and Starlight Barrier, but those require her to be at a fairly high level in order to be able to learn those skills off of whatever enemy has them.  Leaf Shield I think is lv40 minimum, Starlight Barrier lv50, but don't quote me on that.

Leaf Shield - Lv40 @ 50% vs Sunflower Fairy w/ Sword [Sun Field]
Shield Wall - Lv50 @ 50% vs Phalanx [Final Stages]

Those are the only two defensive spells Satori can ever learn that outright reduce enemy damage.

Stage 25 Report
Spoiler:
What the holy hell, Hina. Stop that.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Made it to stage 18 this morning.  Stage 16 boss was...amusingly tame compared to the last couple of bosses.  I was half serious for my first attempt (half serious being I had a hunch I was going to fight some kind of boss weak to lightning)...and won.  Yeah I had no way of lowering the pretty nasty damage the boss dealt out, but when you only have like 13k HPs...yup.

Stage 17 boss...oh wait it's the stage 15 and 16 bosses in one fight.  Patchy was owning the stage 15 boss with Silent Selene for like 4500-5000 damage everytime she fired it off.  Assisted Marisa in taking down the stage 16 boss's HP when that was on cooldown.

Funny how my Sakuya in this fight went from being a typical damage dealer to having only one main purpose...firing off Killing World at the right time to mess with the final move either boss makes when they run out of HP.

Only loss in this fight was Sanae just before Killing World was used.  Didn't matter to me as Alice spammed Pariel to keep Patchy and Marisa alive long enough to finish the battle.

Took a small dive into stage 18 just to grab a couple chests that had the new unique crafting item I needed to start making new weapons.  Got a 6th tier 2H Sword for Sakuya and a 6th tier Gun for Nitori.  Seems to be one more of these new unique crafting items in stage 18.  That one is so going towards making Youmu's 6th tier Katana.

Anyways, time to begin grinding up low level characters to be able to handle stage 18 mobs more easily.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
So uh, can anyone help me with that patching issue? It's about the only thing preventing me from actually moving on with the game.

Barrakketh

So uh, can anyone help me with that patching issue? It's about the only thing preventing me from actually moving on with the game.
If you want to patch to 1.07 you can use this.

If you want to patch the expansion to 2.03 you can use this.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
So you can apply the latest patch directly? Alright, thanks, I'll try it out it a bit.

Barrakketh

So you can apply the latest patch directly? Alright, thanks, I'll try it out it a bit.
No (but you can do that with the patches I linked).

There are two versions of the patches.  One has an "x" at the end and also contains everything in the previous patches.  You can use that one to upgrade to the latest release of the game without installing every single patch.  The others don't, and would have to be installed one by one.  The ones I linked were the "x" patches.

This link contains patches for Lingering Summer Heat, and this link contains patches for the original game.  Note that the 1.07 patch is 5.5 MB, while the 1.07x patch is 122.4 MB.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
I got an error when attempting to patch to 1.07 saying that the current version didn't match up or something. My current version is 1.01, that much I'm sure of.

This game is one of those annoying games where you have to patch every patch in succession.
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Barrakketh

I got an error when attempting to patch to 1.07 saying that the current version didn't match up or something. My current version is 1.01, that much I'm sure of.
I patched straight to 1.07 from a clean install without a problem.  Also from 2.00 -> 2.03 from a clean expansion install.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
Oh, I think I managed to successfully patch it, by selecting the packages folder inside the Touhou Sappheiros folder instead of just clicking on the Touhou Sappheiros folder. Let's see how this goes, then.

Barrakketh

Oh, I think I managed to successfully patch it, by selecting the packages folder inside the Touhou Sappheiros folder instead of just clicking on the Touhou Sappheiros folder. Let's see how this goes, then.
I just selected the main folder.  At least for the LSH patch it took a little while before the patching itself started as it was verifying the files (didn't look like it was doing anything, but the HDD light was active).

As an aside, do we have any translators familiar with the monster skills/names used in the patch who wouldn't mind translating the JP wiki's page for the skills Satori can learn?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
I just selected the main folder.  At least for the LSH patch it took a little while before the patching itself started as it was verifying the files (didn't look like it was doing anything, but the HDD light was active).

As an aside, do we have any translators familiar with the monster skills/names used in the patch who wouldn't mind translating the JP wiki's page for the skills Satori can learn?

I can do it, expect it tomorrow.

Shall I translate all possible monsters the skill can be learned from? Note, I don't actually have the patch names so they may differ slightly.

Barrakketh

Shall I translate all possible monsters the skill can be learned from?
That would be preferable.

Note, I don't actually have the patch names so they may differ slightly.
Well, even if they differ some they can be corrected later with help from the bestiary.  I haven't actually started a run through the game yet (I have been following chefmkt's Let's Play GoS videos so I've been spoiled of surprises through stage 22), but when I do I'll be trying to complete an English version of the treasure chest guide that's on the JP wiki as I go along.

Once there is a partial (or complete, depending on how things are going along) ENG patch for 2.03 that needs some testing I'll probably start up my run and report bugs as I go along.  If I can remember to document them correctly I'll also try to keep some saves that would be as close to where any crash or glitch occurs as possible so I can go back and test it at a later time.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Hey, I'm sorry for the list being late, I was really busy over the weekend, I'll try ASAP to get the stuff posted tomorrow.

Barrakketh

Hey, I'm sorry for the list being late, I was really busy over the weekend, I'll try ASAP to get the stuff posted tomorrow.
No biggie.

Looking back some threads on pooshlmer I did come across a spreadsheet (re-uploaded here) that has at least a partial list of the skills.  I hadn't seen it linked elsewhere, but it might be helpful.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Okay, so I have version 2.00 and the 2.03x patch, but I can't seem to get the patch installed properly. I think there may be something I'm missing as a result of not being able to read Japanese, but really, I'm not sure what the issue is. Anyways, can I get some help with this? Thanks.

Also, what was changed from 2.00 to 2.03 (depending on what was changed, I may not worry about it).

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Have you tried switching the Language(System Locale) to Japanese?
Have you tried putting the patch and the game in folders with no gibberish?(Japanese is fine)

Changes:
No major debuffs, is what I can only figure out .
Reisen gets buffs she should get.

In 2.01, Reisen gets new spells, some bug fixes, and what does "effect strengthened(エフェクトの強化)" supposed to mean?
In 2.02, they fixed issues with the Last Boss Battle's Team changing command, Byakuren gets some new recipes, and some recipes were fixed, too.
In 2.03,
Fixed some effects and icons of certain skills( ex : Reisen's 「生神停止」's status inflicting and Reimu's 「夢想封印零」 icon)
Fixed some item effects(  ex : 「超必殺銀河の扇」's effect)
Fixed some ability effects( ex : 「短剣修練3」's effect)
Fixed Reisen's Strong Hit(強打) with permanent status.
Fixed issues with Reisen's Strong Hit Bonus

Some animation and text fixes(the Now Loading text and the Status Screen)

Fixes some characters not saying anything on party wipe.
Fixes some issues with Bosses not being registered on the encyclopedia
By pressing the select button in the Synthesize screen, you can toggle between "show all" and "hide unsynthesizable(because of lack of material)"

By fixing, it means fixing errors. I'm sorry for my poor Japanese and English.
Signature

GuyYouMetOnline

Well, it turns out that the problem was that I just wasn't waiting long enough to see any change in the status window, so I only thought it wasn't doing anything. I now have the latest patch installed successfully. Now I just have to wait for a truly functional English patch.

Barrakketh

2.05 has been released.

GuyYouMetOnline

2.05 already? They just did 2.04. Any idea what they changed?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Nothing too much.

Fixed calculation formula of duration and level of bad conditions.(Before it was reducible by the caster's RES stat)
Sanae's 奇跡の風 doesn't strength 奇跡の風.
Max HP recovery is 99999
Some balancing(most of the fixes being gaining 退魔属性(Exorcism) property)
Limit of Player's 神霊結界(Divine Barrier) is up to 90

Fixed bugs that newly appeared in 2.04

Overall, it also runs faster and uses less memory.
Which reminds me of the time when the game crashed due to lack of memory.

On the other hand, the Boss Battle theme seems to be a remix of th08's last word theme.
Signature

GuyYouMetOnline

Wait, do you mean new boss music from 2.00, or do you mean one of the patches changed the music?

Also, my antivirus program freaks out whenever I try to run the game. I think it has something to do with whatever thing it does with Twitter, so is there any way to tell it to just forget about Twitter or something?

Barrakketh

2.06 is out.

最新版にアップデートすることで、不具合やパフォーマンスが改善されます。 主な修正点は以下の通りです。
  • メモリ周りを大きく改善しました。
    • VRAMの使用量を抑えました。
    アイテム、アビリティのミスを修正しました。
    • (いろいろと)
  • Config.exeが変更されました。