Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 残暑 ~ GENIUS OF SAPPHEIROS ~LINGERING SUMMER HEAT~ (release at C79!)  (Read 24628 times)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
This thread will contain spoilers!!

Official site

Touhou Soujinengi Zansyo is an expansion disc to the original RPG Touhou Soujinengi. It is required to have installed the base game before playing the append disc. This disc adds five characters to the player roster and an extra story past the final stage (confirmation?). Slated to release at C79.

Level 80 is not the end...

The video link above introduces the new player characters and their powers as well as showcasing new attacks from both existing and new characters. If you thought maingame was ridiculous, you haven't see anything yet!
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
I'm still waiting for the English patch for the first game, though.  :derp:
Will totally get this once it comes out~

Original character, eh?  Any name for her revealed yet?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

Spoiler:
One of the characters is Litos, one of the Gorgon Sisters from the first Souzinengi game, and you actually fought her there.
But after the events of the first game, she garnered the faith and became a guardian of the humans similar to a Keine-figure.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic

Eh? I don't see any mention of an original character. Or is that mentioned in the video?

Spoiler:
One of the characters is Litos, one of the Gorgon Sisters from the first Souzinengi game, and you actually fought her there.
But after the events of the first game, she garnered the faith and became a guardian of the humans similar to a Keine-figure.
Spoiler:
That was my second guess; I got lost in Muenzuka and lost interest, so I never got that far. :V

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Must. Get. This. OMG NEW CHARACTERS!

So this patch will have its own executable, right?

EDIT:
Spoiler:
The 9 is playable. Yup, that settles it. I am so getting this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:36:42 AM by KounRyuSui »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Okay, this game is silly.

After you defeat the final boss, you decide to do what the shrine maiden does after a tea party:

She sobers up and finds more youkai to punch in the face.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Horie dorie~

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I forget my nico account info so I can't watch the videos, but I get the impression Remi is a playable character now? EEEEEEK!!!

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
From what I gather the new content is post-final boss a la Plus Disk, does that mean absolutely everything new is post-game, or did the main game get changed at all?
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

I forget my nico account info so I can't watch the videos, but I get the impression Remi is a playable character now? EEEEEEK!!!
Fortunately for you, I uploaded the trailer to Youtube when this thread was made. :V

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Every Last Spell costs 2 bombs instead of 3 bombs, including Private Square.
Most of them also got their MP cost reduced, except Private Square(33 -> 49)
Signature

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
I don't see Knockout in Three Steps? In the video Yuugi only used a self-buff and Storm on Mt. Ooe.

Also, wee supernova~

I don't see Knockout in Three Steps? In the video Yuugi only used a self-buff and Storm on Mt. Ooe.

Also, wee supernova~
If you're referring to the trailer, it's not in that, it's in the newer video.  She punches  the opponent twice, then before the third punch she stops to take a huge swig of sake. :V

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
This actually makes me want to get past Eientei now, but unfortunately I still remember that half my characters don't have any gear, so fighting Reisen and Tewi at the same time will be next to impossible.

One question though, does the original game need to be fully patched (1.07 I believe?) in order to properly install the expansion pack?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
One question though, does the original game need to be fully patched (1.07 I believe?) in order to properly install the expansion pack?
I believe the expansion is a completely seperate installation and gets unpacked into its own folder, so no, you should be fine if you're not patched up to 1.07 as you can just move your save file over.

As for me, I felt like starting over just to experience the game from the beginning.  I was only on stage 11, but I've been doing at least 2-3 stages a day.

Currently just wiped Youmu & Yuyuko in stage 6.  Compared to pre-expansion, I did not want to toss pillows in rage.  Not when I drop Youmu on the 2nd turn cause I was doing insane damage.  1k+ damage with fire based attacks from Nitori, Patchy, and Marisa after Patchy used the field effect spell that boosts fire damage and lowers water damage.

Yuyu got flattened out the same way a few turns after that once Byakuren dropped her MDEF via Starfire.

Also, as I managed to stumble on by complete accident,  Nitori's chasers can bypass Yuyu casting her Last Word and wrecking you if you're not prepared.  Alice was protecting someone though as I was preparing with the assumption that I'd see Yuyu's LW.

Only one use of Mokou's 3 bomb commander spell just because Alice was running low on HP the turn I was expecting Yuyu to fall.

Now to have fun with the next couple of stages.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
stage 22 report

Spoiler:
Yuugi is a pain in the ass owwww stop that oh my god Berserker Soul nooooo
:ohdear:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Getting skills for Satori to prep for stage 9s party split fun times.  Grinding already done with everyone at least lv28.  Few characters are higher than that...like my lv33 Patchy because I used her and her awesome magical might to make randoms in stage 7 & 8 much easier to wipe within a turn or two.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I'm still waiting for the English patch for the first game, though.  :derp:

How's progress on that anyway?

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
How's progress on that anyway?
The last thing I've seen was in the other thread:

Unfortunately, due to the announcement of the append disc, the project may slow down until someone purchases it and pops open the trunk once again. There's a small chance that Hachikuma-san may cut some corners and *ahem* use empty spots in the existing tables instead of making the tables larger.

There was also a beta patch released in the other thread.  Use at your own risk, etc.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Just finished up stage 10 on Genius of Sappheiros.  Stage 9 and the bosses while having two parties needed to contend with them were pretty easy.  Alice got KO'd once during the Tewi fight protecting everyone w/ Little Legion since I did not want anyone dying to Tewi's "LOL low accuracy, but wipes whomever it hits" super attack.

As for Reisen, Satori got nuked by Lunatic Red Eyes in one hit.  Didn't need her beyond a debuff that I landed with her at the start of that fight.  This fight ended in 3 turns I believe.  Sakuya + 3rd tier 2H-Sword + Weapon Bless from Byakuren = 1200-1300 damage per hit of Full Moon Revenge (FMR hits 3 times).

As for Kaggy and Eirin in stage 10, Marisa and Patchy did all the hard work in inflicting damage.  After manipulating the land for Fire and using Patchy's field skill that raises fire damage, they were dishing out insane damage...especially Patchy.  Agni Radiance did ~2000 damage to the duo...then Patchy decided to doublecast the sucker on one casting.  It went critical on Kaggy for ~4800 damage.  Aw yeah :D.  Fight went much much quicker than on the non-expansion version for me, that's for sure.

Nobody died during that fight.  Alice spamming Marionette Pariel every turn + controlling Kaggy with Byakuren to get a party wide defense buff casted on my team meant the worst Eirin did for damage was...uh, I think like 0s to all except for Sanae who took 21 damage.  Yeah. 

Anyways, back to stage 11, the stage where I had left off at on the non-expansion version of the game so...time to see what manner of death I stumble into now.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Hm...I've been avoiding this game for a while because it was fully Japanese. But is it really playable even if you can't read Japanese at all? I dunno...I think it might be a bit difficult to get around. Especially in battles where you have to know what attacks you're using and what kind of items you have.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Hm...I've been avoiding this game for a while because it was fully Japanese. But is it really playable even if you can't read Japanese at all? I dunno...I think it might be a bit difficult to get around. Especially in battles where you have to know what attacks you're using and what kind of items you have.
It's not that bad actually.  I can't read Japanese at all and I can figure out a fair deal of stuff on my own.  Menus, skill trees, and equips prove to be a hassle, but even then, it's something a little shuffling through the Japanese and English wikis will be able to fix pretty quickly.

At worst, you won't be able to figure out what people are saying during the storyline, but still...Remi eating her hat at the end of stage 2 is still hilarious.

As for me...just wiped out a pair of bosses in stage 11.  As per usual on most bosses I dive into without foreknowledge, I get wiped before I can even mount an offense.

Took a few tries before my strategy came together.  It basically involved having Alice take the full brunt of the freeze everyone attack via Little Legion while hoping the other attack misses, then reviving Alice while Sakuya and Youmu take out the ice elemental spamming boss first (Lovely amount of evasion you have BTW).

It was going good until the next freeze all + You're screwed if you get frozen attack.  The first part went off as planned, but apparently the You're screwed if you get frozen attack can still hit non frozen characters as my Sanae demonstrated by eating the attack and going down.

Didn't help that commander Mokou had like 2 bombs left because I had to burn 1 for reviving Alice and 3 to save my rear mid-battle.  Burned another bomb to revive Alice...and oh crap there goes Byakuren before I can reapply buffs and enchant Sakuya and Youmu's weapons with earth.  Final bomb on Mokou resurrected Byakuren...and now I had no way to heal up.  Thought I was in trouble.

That's when Alice basically saved my rear end ten times over.  Marionette Pariel spam at this point reduced the damage I took so severly that nobody else died from here on out...even when I had a couple characters hovering around 30-100 HP.

Marionette Pariel is so good...which is why I should expect a boss or normal enemy to have some kind of attack that ignores shields or even Pariel at some point, am I right  :ohdear:?

Anyways, back to exploring the rest of stage 11.

Marionette Pariel is so good
Which is funny, considering it even got nerfed in one of the patches. :V

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
There was also a beta patch released in the other thread.  Use at your own risk, etc.
DON'T USE THAT PATCH IF YOU INSTALLED LINGERING SUMMER HEAT.

I have no idea what it might do to the new game because that patch is only for vanilla 1.07 and nothing else.

Sorry!
Horie dorie~

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
At stage 13 right now...though why stage 12 was actually a stage when it was all of, what, 3 screens long before the boss is unknown to me.

Then again, the bosses...well, Suwako was merely annoying.

Kanako though...oh god.  Yeah I think I might have run into an attack that ignores shields or something cause her big giant laser attack to the whole party wipes like half my party in one hit...with Marionette Pariel.  Funny how that's so much stronger than her attack that she charges up for.

In the end, I pulled a lovely screw you on them by instant death'ing Kanako with Youmu's LW, then petrifying Suwako and taking her down.  While I would have liked to not cheese them out, I just don't see how I could do it when Kanako can just pull out full party laser ownage whenever she feels like it.  Had that been her move used when charged up, I probably could have done it without status effects cheesing.

Then again, I suppose you don't pass up a chance to instant death and/or petrify a boss when the opportunity presents itself, right  ;)?

Anyways, will start going through stage 13 a little later today.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
It's not that bad actually.  I can't read Japanese at all and I can figure out a fair deal of stuff on my own.  Menus, skill trees, and equips prove to be a hassle, but even then, it's something a little shuffling through the Japanese and English wikis will be able to fix pretty quickly.

At worst, you won't be able to figure out what people are saying during the storyline, but still...Remi eating her hat at the end of stage 2 is still hilarious.

As for me...just wiped out a pair of bosses in stage 11.  As per usual on most bosses I dive into without foreknowledge, I get wiped before I can even mount an offense.

Took a few tries before my strategy came together.  It basically involved having Alice take the full brunt of the freeze everyone attack via Little Legion while hoping the other attack misses, then reviving Alice while Sakuya and Youmu take out the ice elemental spamming boss first (Lovely amount of evasion you have BTW).

It was going good until the next freeze all + You're screwed if you get frozen attack.  The first part went off as planned, but apparently the You're screwed if you get frozen attack can still hit non frozen characters as my Sanae demonstrated by eating the attack and going down.

Didn't help that commander Mokou had like 2 bombs left because I had to burn 1 for reviving Alice and 3 to save my rear mid-battle.  Burned another bomb to revive Alice...and oh crap there goes Byakuren before I can reapply buffs and enchant Sakuya and Youmu's weapons with earth.  Final bomb on Mokou resurrected Byakuren...and now I had no way to heal up.  Thought I was in trouble.

That's when Alice basically saved my rear end ten times over.  Marionette Pariel spam at this point reduced the damage I took so severly that nobody else died from here on out...even when I had a couple characters hovering around 30-100 HP.

Marionette Pariel is so good...which is why I should expect a boss or normal enemy to have some kind of attack that ignores shields or even Pariel at some point, am I right  :ohdear:?

Anyways, back to exploring the rest of stage 11.

...I have no idea what you're telling me...