Author Topic: Hardest Version?  (Read 27392 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Hardest Version?
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »
Utusho has the most health, I don't know by how much though.

It also doesn't help that Utusho is a dumbass and flies over you to get shot at. Meanwhile Remilia likes to bounce around randomly.

Scarlet Gensokyo is still the longest seeming spellcard ever. Unless you pull off Nintendonuts cheese trick of bombing scarlet meister at 1% or whatever it is, I haven't tried that myself.
I've once went all the way to 33 seconds left on Scarlet Gensokyo. It was THAT bad.

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2009, 01:03:44 AM »
*advice*
Don't you think I've looked all that up? -.-

Utsuho is less gimmicks and more pure dodging skill... which I don't have.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2009, 01:09:18 AM »
Scarlet Gensokyo is still the longest seeming spellcard ever. Unless you pull off Nintendonuts cheese trick of bombing scarlet meister at 1% or whatever it is, I haven't tried that myself.

?

The trick is just to shotgun Remilia directly after Meister ends.  There's a period of about a half-second where she doesn't have spellcard armor, so you can usually take out about 1/4 of her health that way.  Oh and make sure you aren't using a bomb when Meister ends, or Remilia will be in bat form and it won't work.

Also, be sure to collect the big powerup right after she shoots the first wave to knock it out, and whenever you bomb or die, stand on top of her during invincibility to knock out the big wave that she usually shoots.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:12:04 AM by Azinth »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2009, 01:17:10 AM »
Yeah. Hell, Utsuho's more bomb resistant than some extra bosses, since bombs usually completely cripple an extra boss' spell card if used in the right spot.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2009, 01:21:11 AM »
Spoiler:
Argh you never appreciate the edit button until you lose it :<

Unless you pull off Nintendonuts cheese trick of bombing scarlet meister at 1% or whatever it is, I haven't tried that myself.

What Azinth said. If you want a cheesy trick courtesy of me, get a load of how I dealt with the card in my first lunatic 1cc:

With Marisa B, shoot Scarlet Meister like normal. Then, as soon as Remilia fires the first wave, Master Spark. If you did it right, you'll leave Remilia with a sliver of life left. Then, shotgun and reap the rewards of bonus damage on Scarlet Gensokyo.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »
Scarlet Gensokyo is still the longest seeming spellcard ever.

Nah. Hourai Jewel. You can't even hurt Kaguya for the first 45 seconds or something.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.